I don't have a lot of real friends, but I do have a lot of imaginary ones.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 822 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

23 hours ago, Orfeu Miles said:

Wow that phrase brought a bunch of memories flooding back :)

I really  REALLY miss Leehere Absent. We remained good platonic friends despite our favourite subject matter mostly being about Human Sexuality... which could   ,     yanno,      border on the titillating at times lol.

She has not logged in for many many years, and yet I could never delete her from my friends list.
I would love to know that she is alive and well in some corner of the globe.

A unique thinker and communicator... she is sorely missed.

• Like 4

I think of my alts as sisters and different versions of myself. All three are elves. All my accounts are used for different purposes. Dafadilia is basically just me with elf ears. She is my main account although I've been in sl since 2009. Daffy's looks are based off my rl looks with the same build, skin, hair and eye color. I'm a wife, mother of two daughters and cats, sister, aunt and friend on this account. I work with my sister, I volunteer my time, go to friend's meeting with hubby, daughters and sis, events and everything as Dafadilia.

My alt Flori has white hair because at 44, my hair has begun to get white streaks. Same shape, skin tone and eyes as Daffy though. Flori is a roleplay character. She is a medieval elf. Hubby and I both have medieval characters we roleplay together. As Flori I'm also a wife, mother of two daughters and cats, sister, aunt and friend. I just become more immersed in a roleplay environment as Flori since she is a roleplay character.

My alt Phoebe is an escape when I just need to breathe and have alone time. She is me with brown hair, same shape, skin tone, and eye color. She is my "freebie account" I set up originally as a challenge I was trying to do by putting her entire look together for free or very little cost. Her head, body, hair, skin, and everything else were free or low cost items. I will usually look around for freebies I'm interested in, do hunts and when I'm working on my blog. I do use all three accounts for taking photos of my blog. I will only edit photos or work on my blog when I'm logged into Phoebe though. I try to keep that time separate from my social side.

Our Wedding Day.jpg

51816432777_af053e997a_o.jpg

51817053301_7d0b5e2280_o.jpg

Edited by Dafadilia Wayfarer
  • Like 6

On 1/15/2022 at 11:55 AM, kali Wylder said:

Kattatonia was my first av and she retired in 2012.  She very rarely signs in, but I did bring her in and updated her look when mesh heads came out. Then I brought her back to play tiny Empires but I don't really play TE any more.

Oh waay cool.
I did wonder where Kattatonia went. 😃

• Like 3

On 1/13/2022 at 9:41 PM, Persephone Emerald said:

No. My alts are more like characters I've created for a story that plays out in my imagination.

More or less this.  I have a fair amount of alts, all representing characters I've created for a couple different storylines. And yes, some of my assorted characters are family members of each other.

Sam started off being an alt, but being as she is the main character of a story I originally wrote decades ago, she was quickly promoted to main. The funny thing is, another alt was dressed in 90s grunge fashion, and it pretty much made the muse drag Sam out of hibernation.

Shares a couple pics germane to the subject. Enjoy!

"That's a ship?"

Autumn partying like it's 1995.

Sisters in a winter wonderland

Sam in a winter wonderland with Kristen, her sister.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Maryanne Solo said:

Oh waay cool.
I did wonder where Kattatonia went. 😃

And all this time I've been relating to you as an old friend and now I learn that you didn't know I was Kattaonia. Surprise Hugs!  I've never hidden it, and I thought I'd mentioned it a few times in the forums but then I felt like I was talking about myself too much and I guess you missed it.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, kali Wylder said:

And all this time I've been relating to you as an old friend and now I learn that you didn't know I was Kattaonia. Surprise Hugs!  I've never hidden it, and I thought I'd mentioned it a few times in the forums but then I felt like I was talking about myself too much and I guess you missed it.

Lololol Yes I did miss it. 😖
Rarely do I spend time wondering about MIA avies, but Katt was always nice and very friendy :)
One night I realised I hadn't seen her for ages and I'm like noooo!

I distinctly recall summarizing that all I could do was wish her well in both lives, 8-/ and so it was.
Until this!
A most pleasant surprise thank you Kali!  😊😉

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 1/14/2022 at 10:49 AM, Rat Luv said:

Does anyone remember...years ago, somebody discovered a forum (nothing to do with SL) and there were hundreds of thousands of messages, and it was all one user...she didn't even use alts, there were threads and threads (like this place) and it was just her posting to herself...it became one of these notorious creepy internet stories, but I can't remember what the forum was called and nothing's coming up on Google 🤔

Was it Jamie Marsters from the Bloody Board?

https://www.vice.com/en/article/jpgg5y/the-forums-with-only-one-user

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Eddy Vortex said:

Was it Jamie Marsters from the Bloody Board?

https://www.vice.com/en/article/jpgg5y/the-forums-with-only-one-user

That's actually really sad. She wasn't using the forum just to talk to herself, she was using it as a repository for information. Kind of in the same way that one might use a personal blog now. The forum did have other members as readers. But she stated that it was a news board not a discussion board. And then 4chan went and ruined it for everybody.

• Like 3

My alts, at least the ones with consciousness, are more like siblings than friends.  They each represent parts of me with some traits more apparent than others.  

Greg is my main avatar and will always be. He is mostly an extension of my RL self and do socializing inworld.  He doesn't post much on the forums anymore because he'd rather remain undiscovered by non-SL people. Google Gregorian Chant and results point to church music, and I'm okay with that.

I have an alt that is older than Eddy but they never developed a personality or sentience, so they don't log in until I need a crash test dummy for my building experiments.

Eddy was originally created for a low-cost fashion challenge and to take the burden off Greg's messy inventory with the potential number spike from collecting freebies for the project. Over time, they became another extension of my RL self. How they managed to gain sentience whereas the other alt didn't, I haven't figured it out yet. So Eddy got promoted to main alt, but they don't socialize. I log them in when I want to spend some alone time inworld.

Cat is my youngest alt who seems more like a little sister. She was created for the purpose of catching a third Linden home. She started to develop an attitude as of late.  🤨

• Like 4

On 1/16/2022 at 3:21 PM, Maryanne Solo said:

Lololol Yes I did miss it. 😖
Rarely do I spend time wondering about MIA avies, but Katt was always nice and very friendy :)
One night I realised I hadn't seen her for ages and I'm like noooo!

I distinctly recall summarizing that all I could do was wish her well in both lives, 8-/ and so it was.
Until this!
A most pleasant surprise thank you Kali!  😊😉

This gives me hope that the resident known as Alyona Su is still here using an alt.

• Like 3

When brightcanopy existed I used to enter simultaneously sl with a viewer and brightcanopy with an alt of mine and my main avatar.  As a matter of fact, I used to enter with brightcanopy and two or more other viewers.

Three of my alts and my main avatar used to meet and discuss, eat, live together.

It was fun.

Once I offered a show with my main avatar and an alt, those two women flew high over the sea and used diving function of swimmer to dive down in the waves.  I was enjoying very much doing so whenever an opportunity presented. :)

As I do not enter often those last years in sl I do not do it any more.  I am not sure I think it is more difficult than before to open simultaneously two or more viewers.  While brightcanopy was a browser based viewer and was compatible with all other viewers when running in the same time.

Snapshot_001.png

31 minutes ago, examining said:

When brightcanopy existed I used to enter simultaneously sl with a viewer and brightcanopy with an alt of mine and my main avatar.  As a matter of fact, I used to enter with brightcanopy and two or more other viewers.

Three of my alts and my main avatar used to meet and discuss, eat, live together.

It was fun.

Once I offered a show with my main avatar and an alt, those two women flew high over the sea and used diving function of swimmer to dive down in the waves.  I was enjoying very much doing so whenever an opportunity presented. :)

As I do not enter often those last years in sl I do not do it any more.  I am not sure I think it is more difficult than before to open simultaneously two or more viewers.  While brightcanopy was a browser based viewer and was compatible with all other viewers when running in the same time.

Snapshot_001.png

Firestorm lets you have multiple windows open with different accounts. At that point the limitations are on your computer and internet connection.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2022 at 3:24 AM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Richard Parkes, my other alt, is . . . well, a few older posters here will remember him as an obnoxious and slightly idiotic (and hopefully reasonably funny) parody of a Gorean master.

Only "slightly"? 

(It's OK. What can you do when the source material itself is beyond parody?)

ETA: Now you can create your own last name, why not bring him back in all his Gorean glory? The surname can be Head and the nickname will take care of itself.)

Edited by Amina Sopwith
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Richard's threads were pretty much all nuked by mods years ago. (I've only got one of them preserved as a PDF, which is too bad -- they were fun!)

Can you message it to me?

Please. I've got Covid. I'm stuck in isolation with a small child, no corkscrew and a Prime Minister who knows how to party.

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 822 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.