Stupid Conversations

Tex Monday

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 759 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

[redacted]

Blimey!

I think your post is something of a conversation starter, perhaps not on Second Life forums though. 

So you're a wham bam thank you mam kind of person. Who knew? (We all do now.)

I am sure though that there are a lot of males who have enjoyed sex with a complete stranger in RL quite often. If it's handed on a plate then I guess you'll take it. 

Blimey though. I looked for the "shocked/surprised" reaction and found there was none, so I chose the sad reaction instead. 

Just checking the title of this thread.

"Stupid conversations".

Yup. Fits in right here.

Edited by Dyna Mole
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

Blimey!

I think your post is something of a conversation starter, perhaps not on Second Life forums though. 

So you're a wham bam thank you mam kind of person. Who knew? (We all do now.)

I am sure though that there are a lot of males who have enjoyed sex with a complete stranger in RL quite often. If it's handed on a plate then I guess you'll take it. 

Blimey though. I looked for the "shocked/surprised" reaction and found there was none, so I chose the sad reaction instead. 

Just checking the title of this thread.

"Stupid conversations".

Yup. Fits in right here.

Well and perfectly said.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cunomar said:

i'm the only one who has enjoyed sort of spontaneous sex with a complete stranger in RL many many times ?

I'm likely dating myself here, but in my younger wilder days, having random sex with lots of folks in RL was a good way for a gal to get the reputation of being a sl*t.  Even when my first marriage ended when I was 30, women still didn't typically immediately jump into bed with every guy they met and thought was hot.  

Granted things are different these days.  Views on sex are much more lenient for women (men have always been allowed to sleep their way through the entire bar).  If I was single again, and younger, I might succumb to immediate sex whenever lust hit.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'm likely dating myself here, but in my younger wilder days, having random sex with lots of folks in RL was a good way for a gal to get the reputation of being a sl*t.  Even when my first marriage ended when I was 30, women still didn't typically immediately jump into bed with every guy they met and thought was hot.  

Granted things are different these days.  Views on sex are much more lenient for women (men have always been allowed to sleep their way through the entire bar).  If I was single again, and younger, I might succumb to immediate sex whenever lust hit.

I remember when an ex-boyfriend of mine told me about his wife from whom he had been separated (but not divorced from) for more than two years. He said he found out during the early hours of them dating that she had "slept with half the men" (in their workplace).  It was his attempt to discredit his wife's name with me, when what it actually did was make me question his moral values. I mean, what kind of man will even want to enter into a relationship with a woman who has such low moral values, not least because she's a higher risk of catching and spreading STIs?  That's taking "sloppy seconds" to a whole other level.

/me reaches for the sanitiser once again. 

Don't get me wrong. I'm no prude, and I've even had one or two one-night stands in my time (and by one or two I mean two, and one of those turned into a longer-term relationship). 

Having sex and then going onto a relationship only happened for me the one time. Generally I like to get to know a person for a while before I get that close, and sometimes finding out that Mr Winky is a bit of a disappointment isn't the end of the world if the rest of the man makes up for it. 

• Like 1

[redacted]

To, to be clear on what happened here . . .

A young woman confided to you that she had been the victim of physical abuse by her boyfriend, and you responded by blaming her, suggesting it was her fault because (I'm assuming) she is "sexual promiscuous." And you did so because you thought it would be a really effective pickup line to employ on a woman who has already been victimized.

We really have only your "mate's" word for it that she found this a turn-on, but even if she did, I am more than a little horrified that you chose to respond to this woman's tale of victimization by re-victimizing her, apparently for your own sexual gratification.

People respond to abuse, and intimate partner abuse in particular, in very different ways: the emotional and psychological impacts, and responses, can be very complicated. Can I ask you to think about this description of some of those impacts, posted by the American Psychiatric Association?

Survivors often internalize the verbal abuse from their partner. They may blame themselves for their situation, experience fear, as well as anger and resentment towards themselves. Chronic abuse may result in compulsive and obsessive behaviors and lead to self-destruction or suicide.

After enduring abuse, trauma reactions may lead survivors to experience difficulties in new relationships. IPV-associated abuse may affect emotional regulation, facial interpretation, and reading of social cues.

(https://www.psychiatry.org/psychiatrists/cultural-competency/education/intimate-partner-violence)

Cunomar, please please please think carefully about how you respond to women who have been abused. What seems to you a fun and sexually-exciting exchange can, in fact, be reinforcing trauma.

You don't want to do that, do you?

Edited by Dyna Mole
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 9

[redacted]

As a person who believes sex has nothing to do with long term relationships, I think I understand what you are saying.  Yes, many relationships start with a one night stand.  I know many people inworld who enjoy "no strings attached" physical fun often.  Nothing wrong with that.  I also know many insufferable flirts who expect nothing in return.  These are my favorite people.

Your direct communication style has turned a few people off,but I still had a laugh at your confidence in delivery.  

Edited by Dyna Mole
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Mine should probably be removed as well.  It doesn't make as much sense without the drivel it was replying to. 

For what it's worth Cinn, I think what you said makes perfect sense without the post to which you were responding.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I grew up with a couple hippie parents.  They were (and still are) a pair of love-the-one-you're-with swingers.  I've never had a problem with it. 

I am very much aware of the double standard of the men who practiced this lifestyle and the women who did.  It's too bad that we still have to deal with some of it today.  Some people are more vocal with their disapproval than others.

Edited by Cinnamon Mistwood
  • Like 1

Lol deleted for the very same blunt and open honesty that works for me in rl .

Whats wham bam thank you mam got to do with anything ? we made a mutual choice , we get up in the morning and go somewhere for breakfast or just see you when i see you . We are on equal footing , and name calling because a girl might have a similar approach to "things" as a man is just small minded society drivel .

Scylla , her ex has been in prison 2 years , her latest fish on a hook was sat right beside her , it was mutual we were flirting and she started it . No doubt she will again next time i see her . I respect her for who she is and she liked it .

Girl i fell head over heels for when i was 16 was more extreme , about 10 years older than me she would just pick a guy and say your coming home with me , alas we clashed whenever we moved in together so it wasn't to be , but in her i'd met more than my equal .

If i'm guilty of anything relationship wise its that i never pretended it was something it wasn't .

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

[redacted]

To, to be clear on what happened here . . .

A young woman confided to you that she had been the victim of physical abuse by her boyfriend, and you responded by blaming her, suggesting it was her fault because (I'm assuming) she is "sexual promiscuous." And you did so because you thought it would be a really effective pickup line to employ on a woman who has already been victimized.

We really have only your "mate's" word for it that she found this a turn-on, but even if she did, I am more than a little horrified that you chose to respond to this woman's tale of victimization by re-victimizing her, apparently for your own sexual gratification.

People respond to abuse, and intimate partner abuse in particular, in very different ways: the emotional and psychological impacts, and responses, can be very complicated. Can I ask you to think about this description of some of those impacts, posted by the American Psychiatric Association?

Cunomar, please please please think carefully about how you respond to women who have been abused. What seems to you a fun and sexually-exciting exchange can, in fact, be reinforcing trauma.

You don't want to do that, do you?

That's just it, Scylla. People like him can sense when a woman is vulnerable and they prey on them. I knew a few guys like that growing up, we did our best to protect any women they came in contact with. The fact that his "mates" cheered him on and no one in the pub came to her defense at his choice of words speaks volumes about the validity of the tale. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Just to be clear, Second Life is not Real Life, so one's social behavior in this virtual world does not have to be the same as it would be in one's Real Life world.

There are physical and social reasons for the S L U T - shaming, double-standards of RL sexual moral codes. In historical RL  women were often treated as chattel and were treated as "damaged goods" if they'd had sex either willingly or not with someone other than their husband. In RL the paternity of a child might be suspect if the mother had been known to have sex with more than one man. In RL there are sexually transmitted infections. In RL there is a risk of violence when a woman lets down her guard with a man. In RL there is risk to a woman's social reputation if it's rummored that she's had sex with multiple men (or women). There's not the same risk for a man if it's rumored that he's had sex with multiple women (or in some countries if he's had sex with multiple men).

Second Life is not Real Life. It's a fantasy world, and as such there in no shame (in my opinion) to a woman having virtual sex with multiple men, women, furries, monsters or scripted objects. Virtual animals creeps me out, but it's still either an avatar or an object, so there's no real harm done to anyone. I don't know why we have to carry over outdated social and sexual mores into our virtual worlds.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Just to be clear, Second Life is not Real Life, so one's social behavior in this virtual world does not have to be the same as it would be in one's Real Life world.

There are physical and social reasons for the S L U T - shaming, double-standards of RL sexual moral codes. In historical RL  women were often treated as chattel and were treated as "damaged goods" if they'd had sex either willingly or not with someone other than their husband. In RL the paternity of a child might be suspect if the mother had been known to have sex with more than one man. In RL there are sexually transmitted infections. In RL there is a risk of violence when a woman lets down her guard with a man. In RL there is risk to a woman's social reputation if it's rummored that she's had sex with multiple men (or women). There's not the same risk for a man if it's rumored that he's had sex with multiple women (or in some countries if he's had sex with multiple men).

Second Life is not Real Life. It's a fantasy world, and as such there in no shame (in my opinion) to a woman having virtual sex with multiple men, women, furries, monsters or scripted objects. Virtual animals creeps me out, but it's still either an avatar or an object, so there's no real harm done to anyone. I don't know why we have to carry over outdated social and sexual mores into our virtual worlds.

Persephone, I'm largely in agreement, with a caveat. It is possible for SL activity (sexual or otherwise) to cause real harm. It's also possible for "harmless" virtual activities to appear to condone harmful RL activities. To the extent our SL behavior doesn't do any of that, I've no complaint.

• Like 5

Few of my favourites, as far as I remember them:

Mromgawdit'sawoman: Hi, I just got new *brand* genitals, maybe we can try them?

Me: Ohh great, I only have the d i c k but maybe we can try that too?

Him: You're a guy?

Me: Only in RL but what happens in SL stays in SL right?

Him: Hell no *poof*

MrSpanish: Hola

Me: Hola

Him: Something I don't understand, probably hru??

Me: (In English) I don't speak Spanish

Him: (Swapping to English) Where from?

Me: Spain

Him: Totally confused now, leaves

Then I was busy at an adult sim and a guy in some group s e x IMs:

Him: You just made my d i c k hard

Me: Wow, you made mine hard too, we already have so much in common!

Him: Sick btch

• Haha 11

I can't remember all the stupidity I've encountered, but, a few things I do remember are..

Them - "Hey beautiful, looking good" or some stereotypical rendition of it
Me - "Oh, hey. Don't talk to me like that. Especially when you're dating my friend."

--

Them - "I don't pay for sex"
Me - "It's quality over quantity"
Them - *Gets mad and poofs*

--

Them - *Gives me L$1, thinking I'll even bat an eye, much less go with them for their poseball stuff*
Me - *Sends it back* "Would you like my rates? I'm not free." *Proceeds to pass my card*
Them - *Gets mad and tries to insult me, only to get blocked in return*

--

Them - "Do you voice?"
Me - "No."
Them - "So you're a guy"
Me - "No."
Them - "Then, voice verify!" *getting mad for no reason*
Me - "You see me? I'm a woman, am I not?" - or something along those lines
Them - "You WILL voice verify, I demand it!" 
Me - "I'm sorry, are you my boss?" *Blocks*

--

Seriously, why guys insist on voice verification when there's generally not a chance of EVER meeting someone from SL in RL, is beyond me. Like, boy, chill, you're not going to prove or intimidate anything or anyone. Least of all, by raising your voice at me. I suggest you calm down, before I block and report you for privacy invasion. 

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, LunaRavencroft said:

Seriously, why guys insist on voice verification when there's generally not a chance of EVER meeting someone from SL in RL, is beyond me. Like, boy, chill, you're not going to prove or intimidate anything or anyone. Least of all, by raising your voice at me. I suggest you calm down, before I block and report you for privacy invasion. 

Because they think if you voice verify with them that someday they can convince you to voice with them during sexytime. 

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 759 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.