Stupid Conversations

Tex Monday

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 756 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I was ejected about 30 seconds after arriving.

Were you wearing your little puff ball scifi avatar? I'm sorry I forgot what it was supposed to be. Not an atom but something along that line. Or... oh! You little devil you! 🤣

...sets you on fyre like a funeral pyre 🤭

1 hour ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Ok, so i went back for a second visit and was booted after 15 seconds. If I had to guess, the owner has added all of the people in this thread to his security orb as banned people. 

There are two newbs there with blank profiles and no payment info, yet they were not booted. 

If that's the case, I hope they wasted their time adding me because I have no freaking clue what the name of this place is and don't care. They won't be getting my business anyway since I avoid events like the plague because of this kind of stupid behavior (on the part of whoever is doing the banning in this case). 

Not long ago I discovered I had been banned from a well known home creator's region. I had been there any number of times without any problems or creating any or even talking to anyone so I was completely baffled. I had recently purchased some things there inworld, too. Anyway, I sent an offline to the owner and said I didn't know what I had done to be banned but whatever it was I apologized. I got a surprising response. The owner didn't know I was on the region ban list and didn't know how I had gotten put on it as no one else has those rights. They couldn't apologize enough. I was removed from the ban list and received the house I was going to purchase as a gift. Later I went back and bought some of the house accessories.

Was it a glitch somehow? Was it revenge for some imagined slight by someone who worked for that creator? I don't know. Does it matter? Not to me. The problem was fixed and I got a house that would have cost me 2500-3000Ls, free.

Now that is good customer service. And good customer service is what keeps them coming back. Not stupid things like banning people simply because you don't like their avatar or you're scared crapless it's an alt or griefer.  Bravo! You just let your fear conquer you. Grow up, grow a spine and for pity's sake learn how to conduct a business properly.

/rant that didn't start out as a rant 🥴

• Like 8

Ya know, I can't for the life of me figure this type of banning out either. It sorta reminds me of the BBC reporter doing a story about SL, without doing any research at all first. Like this... banning people without having any real clear cut reason for why this is happening, let alone any explanation. Way horrible business practice in both situations if you ask me (which no one did, but if you did, that would be what I would say :)).
   And for the record, since returning to SL I have only been banned ONCE for being a very, very, BAD man, of which I am still ashamed of to be perfectly honest. And like you Silent, I too contacted the person responsible for the sim and taking total responsibility, apologized for my  evil deed (in my opinion), and within roughly 6 or so hours the person accepted it, and welcomed me back with wide open arms. Lets just say I haven't done that since... lol 

Peace...

• Like 2

I think, after going and seeing the items there, what confuses me most is they are the types of items and at a price.point that would appeal to newer residents.  She advertises it as Top Creators in SL, which it's obviously not.  A lot of template items from the looks of it.   I understand not everyone can be a Top creator (so subjective, I know) but to alienate the exact people who might be inclined to make a.purchase is just asinine.  

Can't understand what some people are thinking.

• Like 6

I stopped by there since everyone else was too, just to see if I would get booted..

I was there for about 10 minutes and gave up.. I didn't newbie avatar it or anything and kind of just went casual sort of.. hehehe

I wanted to see if maybe they were right and people from the thread were banned..

Nothing happened to me while I was there..

This was after about 10 minutes of just walking around seeing what was there..

Checking out an event

It was empty though..

The two on the other side are like mesh statues of avatars and the one on the right down there is a bot I believe, selling AO's or dance huds or something..

The layout looks familiar, so I might have been here before..

Nobody's home

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Why not write to the participating content creators and let them know how the "event lady" treads potential customers?

They're probably all wondering why they aren't making any money. I wonder if the region owner and the one doing the banning are one and the same because the only one making any money is the region owner at this point. All of those creators had to pay to display.

Events in SL aren't much different from setting up a booth at powwows. Something I did for about 10 years. Rain or shine.

• Like 2

I escaped fashion jail and sneaked into the event. I was there for 25 minutes and still didn't get ejected. It was empty and only populated by those animesh dolls made to look like system avatars(?). I think the owner has to be around to put people on the ban list. I see 112 names in the banned box from the About Land Access tab.

I got a snapshot so you can't say it didn't happen.

gottaactfast.thumb.jpg.a4b95ea6e3488725116ae841c3f28aa7.jpg

Edited by PermaRuthed
typos
  • Like 3
  • Haha 8

Back to the topic...and this is actually happening as I'm putting it in the forum. 

Guy sends a group IM :

Moron Resident: any woman want give me bl****b & sex  im me.

So, of course I answer...and this is what happens. 

Moron: can you open mic
Resident (Tex Monday): (( I don't think you want me to do voice ))
Moron: why
Moron: you man ?

*editorial note: look next to my name....what does it say??? And of course, I won't lie to the guy....probably*

Resident (Tex Monday): no
Moron: open mic plese
Resident (Tex Monday): I'd rather not
Resident (Tex Monday): I don't feel comfortable talking on voice
Moron: I just want to hear your voice
Resident (Tex Monday): Why? I'm not really comfortable speaking on voice.
Moron: I just want to hear your voice. you dont open mic
Resident (Tex Monday): As I said, I'm not really comfortable doing that. I'd really rather not. If you absolutely want me to open my mic for sex, then I'm going to have to leave
Moron: not for sex

*OK..so at this point, he has no idea what a limit might be...but, let's continue*

Resident (Tex Monday): Why?
Resident (Tex Monday): I have a limit where I don't want to talk on voice why do you need to hear it
Moron: I want to check something
Resident (Tex Monday): What?
Moron: Verify you're not a man

*So now...he asked me twice without really paying attention to who he's talking to*

Resident (Tex Monday): Look at me...do I look like a man??
Moron: in rl
Moron: not in sl
Resident (Tex Monday): Can't you believe me that I'm not? You already asked me

*So we go back to having sex*

moron: can you moaning yes or no ?
Resident (Tex Monday): you want me to moan?
moron: yes
moron: i want c*m
moron: you make me h***y
moron: come and open mic
Resident (Tex Monday): no...I can't

Edited by Tex Monday
  • Haha 7

2 minutes ago, Tex Monday said:

Back to the topic...and this is actually happening as I'm putting it in the forum. 

Guy sends a group IM :

Moron Resident: any woman want give me ***** & sex  im me.

So, of course I answer...and this is what happens. 

Moron: can you open mic
Resident (Tex Monday): (( I don't think you want me to do voice ))
Moron: you man ?

*editorial note: look next to my name....what does it say??? And of course, I won't lie to the guy....probably*

Resident (Tex Monday): no
Moron: open mic plese
Resident (Tex Monday): I'd rather not
Resident (Tex Monday): I don't feel comfortable talking on voice
Resident (Tex Monday): Why? I'm not really comfortable speaking on voice.
Moron: I just want to hear your voice. you dont open mic
Resident (Tex Monday): As I said, I'm not really comfortable doing that. I'd really rather not. If you absolutely want me to open my mic for sex, then I'm going to have to leave
Moron: not for sex

*OK..so at this point, he has no idea what a limit might be...but, let's continue*

Resident (Tex Monday): Why?
Resident (Tex Monday): I have a limit where I don't want to talk on voice why do you need to hear it
Moron: I want to check something
Resident (Tex Monday): What?
Moron: Verify you're not a man

*So now...he asked me twice without really paying attention to who he's talking to*

Resident (Tex Monday): Look at me...do I look like a man??
Moron: in rl
Moron: not in sl
Resident (Tex Monday): Can't you believe me that I'm not? You already asked me

*So we go back to having sex*

moron: can you moaning yes or no ?
Resident (Tex Monday): you want me to moan?
moron: yes
moron: i want c*m
moron: you make me h***y
moron: come and open mic
Resident (Tex Monday): no...I can't

At that point, you should have mentioned your profile and why one should always read them.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

At that point, you should have mentioned your profile and why one should always read them.  

Then it wouldn't have been nearly as much fun. There is nothing in my profile that says I'm a man, but if you're that hung up about it, the name should have given it away. 

• Haha 1

Ok, if no one will ask, then I just gotta...
   Hey Tex, could you please open Mic on the forums... please??? We all want to hear your voice. Personally I am betting that it sorta sounds like Alvin and the Chipmunks, or maybe the Chimpets instead... and that is Sooooo hot...! 😛 (jk... or "am" I? :D)

Peace...

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Tex Monday said:

Then it wouldn't have been nearly as much fun. There is nothing in my profile that says I'm a man, but if you're that hung up about it, the name should have given it away. 

This is why I keep wondering wth? Tex is the short form of Texas, a nickname from the old west days. I do realize that people not from the US aren't going to know that.

Still, I've never met a woman from Texas or anywhere else that went by the nickname Tex, so who knows.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 756 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.