Can’t use this body, ever.

Bree Giffen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 996 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Have you ever tried wearing a mesh body and immediately felt that you can’t use it? For example, I’ve tried Slink, Freya and Maitreya bodies and felt that I could easily start building a wardrobe around the mesh body. But when I tried the Kupra body I just could not think of doing anything with it. I had the same feeling with the Maitreya petite body. They fell out of the shape range that I feel comfortable in.  There’s the idea of a residual self image, a look that is your default, and even though I’m not the shape of Maitreya Lara in real life it’s the one I feel is my default. Also, I can start my male alt and I don’t feel weird about being in a male shape. I haven’t tried any male mesh so maybe that will be a problem. 

Has anyone run into this? Or can you put on any body and feel comfortable?

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Bree Giffen said:

Have you ever tried wearing a mesh body and immediately felt that you can’t use it? For example, I’ve tried Slink, Freya and Maitreya bodies and felt that I could easily start building a wardrobe around the mesh body. But when I tried the Kupra body I just could not think of doing anything with it. I had the same feeling with the Maitreya petite body. They fell out of the shape range that I feel comfortable in.  There’s the idea of a residual self image, a look that is your default, and even though I’m not the shape of Maitreya Lara in real life it’s the one I feel is my default. Also, I can start my male alt and I don’t feel weird about being in a male shape. I haven’t tried any male mesh so maybe that will be a problem. 

I felt the same when I tried the Kupra.  It just wasn't something I could see myself using and feeling comfortable in.  I actually felt the same about slink.  To me, the breast were too torpedoish.  No matter what I did, they just didn't seem natural enough.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bree Giffen said:

Yes--I felt at home in Freya right out of the box; I don't look that good in RL but it just felt right. I did eventually switch to Maitreya for more wardrobe options and the first thing I did was try to recreate the shape of my Freya on my Maitreya. Maitreya is...fine, it doesn't click with me perfectly but it doesn't not fit.

I can only feel comfortable in a body that I can make look at least somewhat masculine. I use Maitreya with Petite or Flat chest, maxed out body thickness and muscles, broad shoulders and narrow hips. (Seriously - if you put me in shorts and stand me next to almost any other Maitreya-wearer, my thighs are about as thick as their waist). Anything curvy is completely out of scope for me so Freya, Hourglass, Kupra, I wouldn't even consider them. Even Kalhene Analexa, which fits Maitreya clothes, has a very narrow waist and can't be made "boyish".  

Male bodies, the one I liked best was Signature Geralt, but there's so little for it to wear that I gave up. Gianni is too muscular, Jake is out-dated, Legacy is too heavy on the triangles. There aren't any better options for a guy who wants to be slim. In any case I wouldn't switch back from Maitreya now anyway, because I have a seamless fitted mod for my arm which isn't made for any other body.

Edited by Maitimo

While still using a more Masculine look, I tried a couple bodies and gave each a fair enough shake. However the moment Jake came along, I jumped to that as it was more what I'd been going for at the time. Mind, with what's been going on more recently I now better understand the why on that.

Nyramith's Male bodies are. .. way too jacked. Adam was okish but more or less only sufficed until a better fit came along. Jake? Worked very well for me.

Then I started looking into and embracing more "Femboy" fashion and found that I'd need a nominally Female Body and an Add-on. Thus began a surprisingly quick journey to where I am now.

Maitreya Petite is what I am using right now and it fits oh so well for me.

It's good that we wear different bodies. Or else we would look the same. I don't like how most of the Kupra wearers look, but how am I to criticize others. Their avatar, right? But I have seen one gorgeous Kupra user. She captured the spirit of Amine cartoon figures perfectly. She used it with a head from Utilizator.

• Like 5

This isn't a criticism of people with different bodies. I actually love to see people in Kupra and Petite bodies which inspired me to try them. I haven't tried a kemono body yet. I like how they look but not sure if I will feel good in it. Another thing I've tried was a mermaid tail. Nope. Not for me. But I loved going shopping at the mermaid event and looking at all the mer-people.

14 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

Until about 3 days ago I would have agreed with the Kupra body as I have had it for months but could not find a use for it until someone challenged me to create a hucow avatar. I find it perfect for how I was envisioning that sort of look. 

hucow_002.png

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Until about 3 days ago I would have agreed with the Kupra body as I have had it for months but could not find a use for it until someone challenged me to create a hucow avatar. I find it perfect for how I was envisioning that sort of look. 

hucow_002.png

Someone thought I was a hucow a couple of weeks ago. If she can't tell the difference between a cow and a horse, I think she needs better glasses.

I'm curious about Kupra (I currently use Hourglass, which is a bit dated nowadays) but the sticking points for me are the price and the relative shortage of clothing compared to Hourglass. When (if) Kupra clothing starts to out-number Hourglass clothing, then I might take another look at it. 

I wouldn't say there's any particular body shape that I wouldn't ever use. I prefer a curvier shape but I have and still sometimes use Kalhene Alexa which is more a slimmer Maitreya type.  But there are plenty of bodies I wouldn't buy for other reasons. Lack of clothing support being the main one. I was SO disappointed that Kalhene Erika wasn't made to fit Freya clothes. That would have been absolutely perfect for me. But I wouldn't buy Freya either because it's so out of date and doesn't have BOM properly enabled. I wish Belleza would just give up and sell their bodies with modify perms. Then I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

I actually prefer making a "powerlifter" look with the Niramyth body, to take advantage of the size of that thing without looking like all the others.

Plus it's got modify permission, so it's been my favorite for a long time for that reason.

I only forced myself to try some of the other, no modify male bodies recently, because there's just no clothing support for Niramyth.

I bought Slink hands and feet some months before I finally bought a Slink Phys body.  I hesitated wearing if for close to a year and finally accepted that it was the way SL was going and started using it. 

Soon after Slink offered the Redux(BoM) body system, which I got. 

The upshot is that I've never worn anything except Slink.   I have it combined with a Genus shape, a 7 Deadly s(k)in and a Genus head.  So far this is the best I've ever looked.

Edited by Doris Johnsky

I have not purchased it but I like kupra but have not purchased it on account of I am just not on SL much to justify buying a whole new wardrobe… but I think it is a good body. I have had Lara from the get go and will not change. Not because I am comfortable or not . It’s I do not have the time or money to recreate my Ava……

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

Its a bit different for guys, we don't have anywhere near as much choice of body, but "residual self image" is a very important part of why I look the way I do, and I would not be comfortable looking different with my main avatar.  

I do enjoy making different looks, but when I do, it has to be an alt. And over time, each alt gets settled on their own specific look too.  Which is why I have several of them.

• Like 3

I'm really enjoying the Kupra body, I wish it worked with omega appliers to allow materials texture to be applied .. the supplied buttons on the HUD to manually specify UUID's are a somewhat questionable alternative.

Not being entirely happy with maitreya, slink and the belleza is what's got me here .. and Im half looking at the kupra kups version

• Like 2

When I came back to SL.... first body I bought was freya, because I'm jusssst curvy enough irl to be drawn to it.... Then I realized that all the clothes I liked were NOT really supported...(god beleza needs to update), so off to the throngs of the Lara wearers I went. I wiiish that the other "new" bodies (legacy, kupra) were getting as much support as Lara.... Would go so much further to making everyone more unique. 

Tried Legacy, and I don't see what all the fuss is about it as far as the triangles/ complexity... Its about as complex as the Lara. I only wish it had more support as well, because it's actually my preferred body, since it doesn't go all wonky with higher slider values like Lara does..... 

There's nothing wrong with the Lara body, but it certainly caters to the Paris model types.... Maybe maitreya will release a more curvy add on... One can dream. 

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Ellie4024 said:

When I came back to SL.... first body I bought was freya, because I'm jusssst curvy enough irl to be drawn to it.... Then I realized that all the clothes I liked were NOT really supported...(god beleza needs to update), so off to the throngs of the Lara wearers I went. I wiiish that the other "new" bodies (legacy, kupra) were getting as much support as Lara.... Would go so much further to making everyone more unique. 

Tried Legacy, and I don't see what all the fuss is about it as far as the triangles/ complexity... Its about as complex as the Lara. I only wish it had more support as well, because it's actually my preferred body, since it doesn't go all wonky with higher slider values like Lara does..... 

There's nothing wrong with the Lara body, but it certainly caters to the Paris model types.... Maybe maitreya will release a more curvy add on... One can dream. 

I did a test with a few bodies last weekend to see the differences in their visual triangles..

If you look at the Maitreya body, hands and feet, compared to just the legacy hands, they are close in the numbers.. But put the feet, hands and body on and there is a huge difference in visible Triangles..

Don't get me wrong, I love the legacy body and how it works with my shapes..  I also wish Maitreya would come out with a curvy and even more..

Aaaanyways,

This is what I found when I got bored last weekend and took my avatar down to 0.00 Visual Triangles and checked out some of the bodies I have.. Well, according to the information that pops up above our heads anyways.. hehehe

I'm just going to quote myself..

"

I decided to try something out , so I took everything off my avatar to where my vis tris was at  0.00..

I've got a lot of the bodies so I thought I would see which, out of the ones I have, were the most impacting..

Well, Not going to do all my bodies, but  the main ones I mess with..

These are all with BOM  activated or already have it..

Maitreya v5.3- Lara, with hands and feet................176.37k..

--------------------------------------------------------------

My LucyBody, with hands and feet..........181.85k..

------------------------------------------------------------

Belleza all the bodies are close

Freya v 5.2 with hands and feet............  500.73k

Freya v5.2 Bento with hands and feet....521.29k

Isis v5.2 with hands and feet..................501.41k

Isis v5.2 Bento with hands and feet.......521.97k

Venus v5.2 with hands and feet.............501.41k

Venus v5.2 Bento with hands and feet..521.97k

--------------------------------------------------------------

[BODY] Legacy (f) (1.4) ..........................219.98k

[FEET] Legacy (f) (Classic Fit) (1.4).......380.37k

[HANDS] Legacy (f) (1.4)........................167.10k

Combined, Body,hands and feet.............767.45k

--------

Legacy Perky-

[BODY] Legacy (f) Perky (1.4).................220.00k

[FEET] Legacy (f) (Classic Fit) (1.4).......380.37k

[HANDS] Legacy (f) (1.4)........................167.10k

Combined, Body,hands and feet.............767.47k

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I figured I would try the Kalhene demos for the heck of it since I had everything off already..

Not sure if it makes a difference or not between demo and release.. it's just for fun..

Aaaaaaaaanyways,

Kalhene Bodies without the head.. They also load with hands and feet.

DEMO-Kalhene- ERIKA Mesh Body v1.0............97.36k

DEMO-Kalhene- ANYA Mesh Body BoM v4.0...106.33k"

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

17 hours ago, Maitimo said:

I can only feel comfortable in a body that I can make look at least somewhat masculine. I use Maitreya with Petite or Flat chest, maxed out body thickness and muscles, broad shoulders and narrow hips. (Seriously - if you put me in shorts and stand me next to almost any other Maitreya-wearer, my thighs are about as thick as their waist). Anything curvy is completely out of scope for me so Freya, Hourglass, Kupra, I wouldn't even consider them. Even Kalhene Analexa, which fits Maitreya clothes, has a very narrow waist and can't be made "boyish".  

Male bodies, the one I liked best was Signature Geralt, but there's so little for it to wear that I gave up. Gianni is too muscular, Jake is out-dated, Legacy is too heavy on the triangles. There aren't any better options for a guy who wants to be slim. In any case I wouldn't switch back from Maitreya now anyway, because I have a seamless fitted mod for my arm which isn't made for any other body.

Wait wait….you max out body thickness, muscles, broad shoulders with narrow hips..???? And then you put slim in there? I don’t ask this ever but could you please post a picture of him? I am super curious how you pulled off slim from that. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Maitimo said:

I played for a long time as a crossdressed male av and constantly asked myself why somebody with skills I don't have has never thought to cut and shut male and female avs (I dont have the vocabulary) making a male that can wear skirts etc .

Half man half horse - yep you can get that , half woman half fish - yep you can get that , and who knows what else ?

Lord only knows how many hours I wasted trying to explain that I have no wish to be female . To me flat chest femboys look great - because they are female .

More than once creators were stumped as to why the skirt or whatever they made specifically for me did not fit and could not be made to fit and I eventually came to the unqualified conclusion that it is because male and female clothes attach differently .

Contrary to popular belief, male and female have the same number of ribs but i have no idea how difficult it might be to blend a half and half avatar at that line ?

I don't play that game no more but having spent hundreds of hours trying different ways to crossdress a male av I ultimately chose the Adam body to make the most of the very limited possibilities .

Too late to be of any benefit to me but I feel its an option that doesn't exist which might well prove very popular .

16 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

hucow_002.png

i got the Kupra demo body and I couldn't work out what to do with it either. I thought it be ok (at least in my thinking) for soem kind of anthro but couldn't think what kind.  And then you go hucow, and I think wooo! that works

ps. just on other bodies, I tried a few and ended up sticking with Maitreya Lara. I really do try to love my Maitreya Petite and I have quite a few clothes for it now, but I feel most comfortable with my Lara on

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Chris Nova said:

Wait wait….you max out body thickness, muscles, broad shoulders with narrow hips..???? And then you put slim in there? I don’t ask this ever but could you please post a picture of him? I am super curious how you pulled off slim from that. 

No, no, I max out the thickness and muscles with Maitreya, not with a male body.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 996 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.