Can’t use this body, ever.

Bree Giffen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 989 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Kupra is the number 1 uncomfortable zone body for me.. along with that creator's previous bodies. I love curvy, but I tend to like thick/realistic curvy than heavily over-exaggerated, so Belleza Freya is still my go-to for curvy. Overall though I think Maitreya still reigns for the most comfort for me, mainly because I don't feel like i'm lagging the crap out of everybody around me, and I don't feel I look overly ridiculous shape-wise.

Edited by RitaCallisto
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I did a test with a few bodies last weekend to see the differences in their visual triangles..

If you look at the Maitreya body, hands and feet, compared to just the legacy hands, they are close in the numbers.. But put the feet, hands and body on and there is a huge difference in visible Triangles..

Don't get me wrong, I love the legacy body and how it works with my shapes..  I also wish Maitreya would come out with a curvy and even more..

Maitreya v5.3- Lara, with hands and feet................176.37k..

--------------------------------------------------------------

[BODY] Legacy (f) (1.4) ..........................219.98k

[FEET] Legacy (f) (Classic Fit) (1.4).......380.37k

[HANDS] Legacy (f) (1.4)........................167.10k

Combined, Body,hands and feet.............767.45k

------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahhh.... I wasn't aware that there was THAT much of a difference... As there didn't feel to be, at least for me on my PC... Though I imagine if you are on a less then optimal machine, with a roomful of Legacy wearers, it's a sideshow. 

Honestly, thank you for the information Ceka ♥️

Just now, Ellie4024 said:

Ahhh.... I wasn't aware that there was THAT much of a difference... As there didn't feel to be, at least for me on my PC... Though I imagine if you are on a less then optimal machine, with a roomful of Legacy wearers, it's a sideshow. 

Honestly, thank you for the information Ceka ♥️

You're welcome. :)

I don't feel it too much either when I change  bodies..

I really did like your idea of Maitreya making a curvy.. That would be something I would get right away and try out.. a much more natural curvy or even more would be really nice:)

• Thanks 1

One of my alts won a Kups in a giveaway and it's just not her. I chose it over the Kupra because she's always been skinny and flatchested, but even with the sliders turned down it's too curvy on the bottom, and of course none of her clothes fit. It reminded me of when I demoed the Kemono and rejected it for much the same reason. So there may be some experimenting with deformers in her future, but for now she's sticking with the Lucybody.

Yes. Quite frequently. Sometimes it's because of an aspect of a body (Legacy's HUD for example 🤮) but for body image there are some, too.

I appreciate, on a detached and aesthetic level, the thick and curvy look of Freya and such. But wearing it for myself? No, I just grew up in the times when the hourglass waist was the ideal of beauty and it's too ingrained in my brain.

On the other hand, I can't do that shape either because it feels too, I don't know, perfect and idealized, I suppose.

I need to have a virtual look that I could see myself being able to maintain in real life, as silly as that is. Which means it's more or less Maitreya and Slink P. (and Regalia Athletic, which is kind of like a furry Maitreya...)

Needlessly overwrought and overthought virtual appearance? You bet.

Edited by Cinos Field
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Cinos Field said:

Yes. Quite frequently. Sometimes it's because of an aspect of a body (Legacy's HUD for example 🤮

I need to have a virtual look that I could see myself being able to maintain in real life, as silly as that is. Which means it's more or less Maitreya and Slink P. (and Regalia Athletic, which is kind of like a furry Maitreya...)

*snip*

Absolutely agree about finding "you"... For me, I have curves, but NOT the cinched waist that maitreya has, so I decided to just deal with legacy (I basically ignore the hud as much as I can... I have Freya, but the support overall is so lacking these days..) 

Big takeaway is that sense of self is verrrry important to me, so I absolutely understand. 

• Like 2

I know some people really like the Kupra, and hey, for them, more power to them.... But I just hated how it was a caricature of a woman's body....

Honestly, you could probably achieve damned near same look with Legacy or Freya.... Doubt it'd really be doable on Lara, the torpedo boobs are real at higher breast sliders.... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It will have to be maitreya for me, big shocker. I was fine using it when we didn't have much other options when it came to bodies, but over time I just found more and more issues I personally had with it, then came belleza and slink hourglass, I used belleza for a good while before I switched over to slink hourglass, and over time just switched between belleza and slink hourglass but mostly used slink hourglass until legacy came out, I was kinda off putted since it's tmp were talking about here so I didn't buy it right away when it came out, I did eventually buy it and it's my favorite body out of them all, the only Issue I have with it is the way the hud is made to work and it's creators and how they tend to treat some fellow bodypart creators, I did end up buying kupra as well after pondering about it because it is body for a specific group I would say and I like flexibility which it doesn't really have, but I found out that it just worked well for the anime hentai vibe I was going for on a outfit, but then again I'm not so picky about a body being realistic or a more sex appeal, since I like to switch body types.

But in general maitreya for me is the body that didn't stay on for long, however maitreya lovers won't get any judgement for me, it's just that it didn't work for me and it's pretty bland and meh compared to other bodies in my own opinion, but is a good body for newcomers and people who dress casually and like to have a slim petite body type, it wasn't flexible enough for me and felt lacking and I didn't enjoy using it, so tbh I deleted it from my inventory as well as any maitreya sizes I get with clothes lmao, I just like to save space where I can.

My two girl alts have both changed bodies lately. Indra has been on Maitreya for a while. There was a brief time when she went Petite and while I think it looks cute, it wasn't really "her", she's more curvy than that. A couple of months ago I went the other way and switched her to Hourglass. Not as extreme as Kupra (and yes, she did try the demo) , but it suits her better.

Tammi is a short and curvy lass but with a thicker waist, not the hourglass-type of curvy. She's been on Freya but the lack of support and updates is disappointing, so she has switched to Kalhene Anya (which I picked up in a half price sale about 6 months ago). Erika would have suited her better but it isn't really worth buying a body that she can only use naked or with a BOM bikini.  She's slimmer on Anya than she was on Freya but still curvy. Both of them occasionally switch back to their previous bodies for certain outfits.

Honestly I don't think there is any body that I would completely rule out based on body shape alone. Even Kupra - who knows, maybe one day I'll get an urge to make an avatar with that kind of shape (unlikely, but possible). What I do rule bodies out on is things like lack of developer support, lack of clothing, over-priced, too much complexity, or flaws like gaps in the mesh. 

52 minutes ago, Lewis Luminos said:

Honestly I don't think there is any body that I would completely rule out based on body shape alone. Even Kupra - who knows, maybe one day I'll get an urge to make an avatar with that kind of shape (unlikely, but possible). What I do rule bodies out on is things like lack of developer support, lack of clothing, over-priced, too much complexity, or flaws like gaps in the mesh. 

Yeah, I'd say the same. I've probably played around with most mesh bodies and I can't really say I hate any of them or can't work with any of them. I tried the Kalene Erika body and I have to say, I like it! But like everybody else, if there's no clothes for it, it'll go on the pile with Signature Alice. 

I tend to like bodies that are versatile, meaning they scale well. I liked Freya because it scaled well. I like Kupra because it scales well. Kalene Erika scales well too. I'd have to say Maitreya would be my least favorite body, because it just doesn't scale well. You have to look a certain way or else it doesn't look right. Though I have to say, I've been playing around with the petite add-on too with it and I like it! It looks really good!

• Like 3

On 7/21/2021 at 3:17 PM, So Whimsy said:

This topic actually made me try out Kupra and I totally fell in love with it. Right out of the box its way too much but it can be adjusted just fine. I am super happy with it!

This, the body as it comes out of the box is jarring, but Ive seen some users work miracles with the kupra body, really well balanced and good looking shapes.

On the other hand, the Katena body, that´s the one I never liked.  BTW are the Katena and Kupra made by the same team? Their posters and stuff look very similar, and they cater to the same audience.

7 minutes ago, FreeToSL said:

On the other hand, the Katena body, that´s the one I never liked.  BTW are the Katena and Kupra made by the same team? Their posters and stuff look very similar, and they cater to the same audience.

People tend to think Sking made it, but they didn't.

From what I understand, it was a team and the creator of Sking only did the HUD. Someone else made the body, which tracks to me.

43 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

People tend to think Sking made it, but they didn't.

From what I understand, it was a team and the creator of Sking only did the HUD. Someone else made the body, which tracks to me.

This blog on the SL website does say from the creators of Sking.

https://meelavanderbuilt.com/new-body-by-inithium-kupra-body-giveaway/

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

I understand Visible triangles, I just do not understand why you had to butcher it they way you did. People come here to learn and shorten the words does not help anyone.

• Confused 4

On 7/9/2021 at 1:41 AM, Ceka Cianci said:

If you look at the Maitreya body, hands and feet, compared to just the legacy hands, they are close in the numbers.. But put the feet, hands and body on and there is a huge difference in visible Triangles..

SNIP

This is what I found when I got bored last weekend and took my avatar down to 0.00 Visual Triangles and checked out some of the bodies I have.. Well, according to the information that pops up above our heads anyways.. hehehe

"

I decided to try something out , so I took everything off my avatar to where my vis tris was at  0.00..

@Tarina Sewell  It was explained in the post I assume you were referring to which was not posted by  @Katherine Heartsong

• Like 1

Kupra is a lovely body, but I understand what you mean about the body you use "feeling" right. I think of Kupra as more of a "cartoon" rendition of a female body. That is not to say it is cartoonish at all!  It simply reminds me of the "traditional" Uber-sexual and uber exaggerated female body used in many cartoons(both anime and non anime). Actually, when I draw in RL, many of my bodies have this general look, with larger breasts and larger hips and plentiful curves. Kupra reminds me of a cross between Slink and Sking. I can see myself using it quite a bit actually, just have not taken the plunge and purchased it. I have the Belleza bodies, Slink Hourglass, Maitreya and Tonic. At this point I really only use Maitreya and Freya the most. I didn't find the newest update to Slink (BOM stuff) to be very usable to me. So, Kupra will probably replace Slink for me when I do get it. 

• Like 1

I was trying different bodies the other day. I've had Lara for several years with no complaints.  I'm thinking I'd like to be a little curvier, though. The main problem I had with Kupra were the tiny calves. With the rest being so curvy, it looked unbalanced. I loved the way Legacy looks but I am a little nervous about the HUD relying on the maker's server, if I understand correctly. Especially considering the issues people had with TMP in the past. Freya looks beautiful, too. If there was a new update, I would get that in a heartbeat. As it is, many newer clothes are not being fitted for it. So for now, I'm sticking with Lara.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 989 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.