Next theme (after the chalets)?

Claire Atheria

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1041 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I love that these are "fantasy" but not obnoxiously so, and not overly cute. Other than the peaked windows and doorways, and the fancy second floor windows on the two story models,  the interiors don't scream "fantasy." I imagine that shabby chic and country furniture won't seem that much out of place in these homes as well as stuff from Ravenwood and DRD.

Here's the rundown on the models: two two story and two one story, unless I missed a model.

Stonebrooke - round covered front porch, 5 rooms, 1 story. Three rooms open off one room, one of the three is an ideal bathroom size.

Mistbrooke - 3 room plus foyer 1 story. Very similar to some of the earlier one story homes in other styles.

Rosebrooke - 2 story with woodwork detail at front exterior. Foyer and 2 rooms downstairs, 2 rooms updstairs.

Amberbrooke - the largest. Two story with three rooms downstairs, open area upstairs with three rooms opening off it.  The one in the middle has a door to a second-floor balcony. 

Edited by Trinity1776
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 7

I will try for one of these, if for no other reason just to see what I can do with the landscaping to fit in.  I love the trees, a lot of the floral deco is pretty as well.  Personally, I'm not a fan of crystals, so I'll be hoping for a parcel without them.  The preponderance of willows (and the fact that all the home styles are named <something>brooke ) makes me hope there'll be a lot of little waterways in these regions.

All 4 home styles have both a front and a back door.  All have a spacious feel inside, in fact, it seems to me that the stairways are a little wider than in previous homes. I'd have to measure to be sure.

• Like 6

This fantasy theme gives me a wistful feeling on behalf of SL's merfolk.  I've never had a mer avatar, but I've met so many mer with carefully designed, gorgeous avatars, and I've never met a nasty one.  Bellisseria is so beautifully provided with plentiful waterways, and this purply, glowy, blue-green theme seems like it could be so easily adapted for a few mer regions.   Both bridge designs I saw would make lovely underwater ruins, as would pieces of the homes, and some of the flora also would do well as underwater plants. I know that it would be a nearly impossible challenge to create a few mer Linden Home regions - you'd have to create a barrier so that boats wouldn't simply drive all over the regions, parcel boundaries would have to be indicated in a special way, no real roads ... 

But - so near and yet so far.

• Like 7

I think I like this theme better than the chalets.  I was a bit stuck in the decorating of those and unsure what kind of furniture fit the area.  This new theme (is it just named fantasy?) gets my brain moving in several directions.  Are the trees glowing?  Is that why several of the pics are so dark?  Should I work on getting over my dislike of full bright 😄

I can't wait to get home from work tonight and get a better look.  Thank you to all the people that have posted pics already.  You're my heroes!

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I think I like this theme better than the chalets.  I was a bit stuck in the decorating of those and unsure what kind of furniture fit the area.  This new theme (is it just named fantasy?) gets my brain moving in several directions.  Are the trees glowing?  Is that why several of the pics are so dark?  Should I work on getting over my dislike of full bright 😄

I can't wait to get home from work tonight and get a better look.  Thank you to all the people that have posted pics already.  You're my heroes!

Yes, the various things glow. They tend to have bits that glow (like the ends of the leaves, spots on the mushrooms) rather than the whole thing glowing. Full bright was really made for this sort of stuff. If it's actually glowing or a light, it can be full bright! It's more when a brick house and regular green grass is full bright that it doesn't really go.

• Like 4

Alright time to actually word.

I'm loving this theme and how different it is. While Beli is lovely and clearly well made. Allot of it just blends together in a sea of beige and  wood in aesthetics. Which is great for people that love the more contemporary/modern/actual real world suburbia feel of most of the beli homes. It can be pretty hard for those that prefer something a bit different. I often felt out of place with my more fantastical or sci-fi leanings.

But with this new theme, I feel very inspired and have a use for all of my shiny-pretty landscape and  garden things alongside furniture.. Rosebrooke in particular has my interest, so big!

So all in all, I'm excited but also, Oh no, I love it. I had just recently settled on a mainland land plot and got all cyberpunk for my robot self!

• Like 8

i went and had a look at the show homes display.  Seems pretty ok to me

all the exteriors of the homes that I could see were the same textures/colour.  Are there any other exterior textures or just the one, or did I miss the different ones ?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mollymews said:

i went and had a look at the show homes display.  Seems pretty ok to me

all the exteriors of the homes that I could see were the same textures/colour.  Are there any other exterior textures or just the one, or did I miss the different ones ?

Other releases, like the Log Homes, had 1 color inside too. And we can change the colors there. So yes, I think you can with these too.

• Like 7

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1041 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.