Next theme (after the chalets)?

Claire Atheria

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1038 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm happy for people that got the fantasy theme they have been waiting for. I wonder if all that has asked for a modern style, like an updated Meadowbook, will get happy too, in a later release.

For me... well, this is nitpicking. I know. For this fantasy style, it appears like the houses are so big. Super size cottages. Maybe it is the crystals that made them grow? I compare with the size of the Traditionals. That would have fit better in size.

It is my envy speaking, since I always thought the Traditionals had too small rooms. And now the styles I am not crazy about, are getting the roomy interiors I wished for.

• Like 6

It's amazing I LOVE it, I'm a fantasy fan and this theme is so for me, I'm gonna get me one, no doubt or second thoughts on that.
and the fact that it's mainly themed for night time is my absolute favorite part, I loved the landscaping with the mesmerizing night lights so much!
 Night is my favorite time of day, as Vincent Van Gogh said:
I often think that the night is more alive and more richly colored than the day.
Amen!

My only concern is that all the 4 styles are too big, I don't like that, I want a tiny cozy home that I can use the 351 on.

a side note: Patch said in his speech that the fantasy theme is the newest addition to linden homes, and that's why they choose to reveal it in SL18.
which means maybe another fantasy themed homes are coming, fairy homes, hobbit homes etc..

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SarahThe Wanderer said:

It's amazing I LOVE it, I'm a fantasy fan and this theme is so for me, I'm gonna get me one, no doubt or second thoughts on that.
and the fact that it's mainly themed for night time is my absolute favorite part, I loved the landscaping with the mesmerizing night lights so much!
 Night is my favorite time of day, as Vincent Van Gogh said:
I often think that the night is more alive and more richly colored than the day.
Amen!

My only concern is that all the 4 styles are too big, I don't like that, I want a tiny cozy home that I can use the 351 on.

a side note: Patch said in his speech that the fantasy theme is the newest addition to linden homes, and that's why they choose to reveal it in SL18.
which means maybe another fantasy themed homes are coming, fairy homes, hobbit homes etc..

If it will be more fantasy type homes, I want two different modern ones too. 😔

Sorry, it has just been so long waiting for a modern house type. I am exited to hunt for one of the prime spots people will abandon for a fantasy home, so yay!

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

If it will be more fantasy type homes, I want two different modern ones too. 😔

Sorry, it has just been so long waiting for a modern house type. I am exited to hunt for one of the prime spots people will abandon for a fantasy home, so yay!

Yes, I wanted a modern home too, but kinda gave up, and i really don't see any modern homes coming, I'm 70% sure it's gonna be another 3 fantasy themes, then they will rework  the older themes and that will be the modern homes.

5 real life themes ( ended ) and 4 fantasy themes ( 1 out 3 ongoing), that's my guess!

--

Pictures from my second visit ( switch to dark mode to see it clearly ) :

The color combinations, the dim lights, the ambient sounds, all are beautiful and in perfect balance, good job to all the moles, and thank you for this beauty!

Webp.net-resizeimage(32).thumb.jpg.057f3dfd8f39c341b3750899877b954e.jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage(31).thumb.jpg.350cd7b03b4e1dbc73ae56a93f43c723.jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage(29).thumb.jpg.a2100f458eb4c39b20c7be8d40ad878e.jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage(30).thumb.jpg.271b3fba744ac1405ca5dd75602b20c0.jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage(28).thumb.jpg.55332c35f3a39aa62660434ef92de61d.jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage(27).thumb.jpg.34fb6e96ac2532136ef28997456b4390.jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage(26).thumb.jpg.e97a504d04d156ce42fc5dbadcc7501b.jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage(25).thumb.jpg.35ca736dac24505c5d2a0b1a7694fb82.jpg

Webp.net-resizeimage(24).thumb.jpg.06d96fdab8710002e16d3c394d5af8f1.jpg

But I don't want to : (

• Like 13

8 hours ago, Elyeah said:

How long after the reveal are homes usually released? I'm absolutely excited to get one of these 😁

Likely the release will happen after SL18B concludes - I think all of the past ones were within a few weeks of the reveal Event ending.  So possibly the week of July 5th, but maybe not till the following week.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Likely the release will happen after SL18B concludes - I think all of the past ones were within a few weeks of the reveal Event ending.  So possibly the week of July 5th, but maybe not till the following week.

I like your guess better 😀

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The campers were revealed at SL16B but according to Patch's release thread they weren't available until 17th September that year.

Hard to know for sure what sort of run in time is needed, especially with the comment that the houses are unfinished as yet.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sister Nova said:

The campers were revealed at SL16B but according to Patch's release thread they weren't available until 17th September that year.

Hard to know for sure what sort of run in time is needed, especially with the comment that the houses are unfinished as yet.

They've had some fairly short time periods between Reveal and Release and some really long ones, so yeah it is definitely difficult to give a reasonably accurate guess. 

The initial release of Traditionals and Houseboats was exactly one month after their reveal and the Victorians were released roughly 2 weeks after their reveal in Dec 2019.  Lots of things were delayed last year for many reasons, but mostly because of all the work related to the cloud migration.  Even the 3 month delay between the Chalet reveal and their release this year was primarily because of all of the fallout from the cloud migration that had to be dealt with.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Here are the announcements, reveals and releases for the Linden Home themes since 2019. Looking back at previous birthday announcements the releases took place during Autumn/Winter time. The faster releases was the victorian homes and the log homes.  

We still have at least three LH themes left to go maybe. Yay! 

• Theme 11 – To be announced
  • Theme 10 – To be announced
  • Theme 9 – To be announced

• Fantasy – Announced at SL18B – Reveal on 17th June 2021 – Release expected soon 
  • Chalet Homes – Announced at SL Christmas Expo (December 2020) – Reveal on 4th December – Released 30th March 2021
  • Stilt Homes – Announced at SL17B (June 2020) – Reveal on 24th June – Start of release (test regions+) – 21st+ December 2020
  • Log Homes – Announced at the SL Home & Garden Expo (February 2020) – Released on 1st April 2020
  • Victorian Homes – Announced early December 2019 – Released on 16th December 2019
  • Trailers/Campers – Announced at SL16B (June 2019) – Released on 16th September 2019
  • Traditional & Houseboats – Announced at SL Home & Garden Expo (15th March 2019) – Released on 15th April 2019 
Edited by Daniel Voyager
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 10

FWIW, personally I'm still only counting on 10 themes total.  In the past, Patch had mentioned the number 10.  Has there been another reference by him to 11 themes, other than this rather jokey reference last November?

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/463650-next-theme-teaser-after-the-stilts/page/3/?tab=comments#comment-2209628

10 would allow them to "replace" the original Linden Home themes with upgrades for each - i.e. a modern architecture theme (I really think they MUST do that, and personally I look for it to be theme 9), and Asian/Japanese.  It would be cool if there were an 11th theme, love to see the moles' take on dystopia or scifi, but has Patch committed to an 11th?

ETA:   I'll be really interested to see if they send a msg to all Elderglen residents when they release the Fantasy homes, advertising this new high-LI take on fantasy LHs.  If so, that will bolster the theory that they will replace the old LH themes with upgrades to lure old LH owners to Belli.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I do not cout Traditionals and Houseboats as one theme though they were released together. So Fantasy is theme nine and I trust there will be two more.

Since the Chalets came out there are constanly Bellisseria Homes on the landpage so in number the offer by now seems to meet the demand.

Still when trhey start to notify peolpe in the old areas that they have to get out by day X or be thrown out then they should be able to offer them something that comes near to what they had ... and Meadowbrook and Shareto Osumai still lack their 2.0 equivalents.

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 9

12 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I do not cout Traditionals and Houseboats as one theme though they were released together. So Fantasy is theme nine and I trust there will be two more.

?  Don't we have:

1. Traditional
  2. Houseboats
  3. Camper/trailers
  4. Victorian
  5. Log Homes
  6. Stilt Homes
  7. Chalets
  8. Fantasy
  9. The theme after after that
  10. Another theme
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Nika Talaj said:

I'll be really interested to see if they send a msg to all Elderglen residents when they release the Fantasy homes,

Should've done that to Tahoe owners when the Log Cabins were released since so far they are the most similar theme to the A frame cabins

• Like 7

On 6/19/2021 at 3:42 PM, Leora Jacobus said:

Since the Chalets came out there are constanly Bellisseria Homes on the landpage so in number the offer by now seems to meet the demand.

Still when trhey start to notify peolpe in the old areas that they have to get out by day X or be thrown out then they should be able to offer them something that comes near to what they had ... and Meadowbrook and Shareto Osumai still lack their 2.0 equivalents.

Patch Linden said this on 18th April 2019 via The New Linden Homes Update Post

Well that was fast!

In less than 48 hours, our new Traditional Homes and Houseboats on the new Bellisseria continent have been claimed. We're really pleased and overwhelmed at the positive response to the new models and at the rapid speed with which they were acquired. Welcome to the neighborhood: we’re glad to have you here!

• Like 2

The new designed plants, trees, fences and other scenery details are nicer than the homes IMHO.

To me, the homes are too close to the chalet theme, but then with some extra fantasy wood and a tad different windows.
I had expected houses partly tucked away in tree trunks or something.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

The new designed plants, trees, fences and other scenery details are nicer than the homes IMHO.

To me, the homes are too close to the chalet theme, but then with some extra fantasy wood and a tad different windows.
I had expected houses partly tucked away in tree trunks or something.

I do agree with you. However I think that sadly, this is probably going to be the closest to a "non-real" house that we're going to get. Thus I will look for an awesomely landscaped spot and make it my own

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Jadziyah Nova said:

I do agree with you. However I think that sadly, this is probably going to be the closest to a "non-real" house that we're going to get. Thus I will look for an awesomely landscaped spot and make it my own

I see the houses as canvases anyway. They're always going to be fairly plain, because it leaves them open for decorating. More important to me is that the overall theme allows for that to happen. You could make the other home types into fantasy houses with the right extras, but then you'd be reported for being out of theme. Here, we can go to town with fantasy decor.

• Like 9

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1038 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.