Next theme (after the chalets)?

Claire Atheria

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1040 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am absolutely feeling the treehouse vibe. :D 

Hapuku-Lodge-and-Tree-Houses-New-Zealand.thumb.jpg.c9e9857c7fe1991bcea414a7eeb0d75d.jpg

My mind seems to bounce along the James Bond Villain Lairs themes of space, evil genius island lair in a volcano or even underwater.

R358ea6d62b979b10a5b2fa11ae658816.jpg.3c0c8f0ba7a72c5c67ada216b05e0ab9.jpg

However, another idea I had was cave houses!

article-2200854-14E4EABA000005DC-446_634x364.jpg.8be76606f5083afa7fd1cd8724a9d779.jpg

article-2200854-14E4EAA9000005DC-215_634x431.jpg.b9e781d20d4b8d86dc4f3351a8b8e38c.jpgarticle-2200854-14E4EAAD000005DC-789_634x421.jpg.25aba4a938ed99fba0e57156cea3f79f.jpg

Who knows really but whatever they are am sure we will be wowed and excited by them. 

Edited by Kasha Redstar
Spelling :P
  • Like 10

I'm out of the guessing game, but here's a couple of observations:

> The block of SSP regions for the new theme, where they build the clonable tiles that they assemble into a subcontinent,  is very small so far.  Only 15, 2521-2535.  There's another 2 out of numerical order, 2500 (attached to the block), and 2501, above the block.  Perhaps 2502-2520 will show up some day, perhaps not.  Even if they do, that's still a bit small as tile working areas go.  Perhaps, knowing what LL knows about the relative popularity of fantasy homes, a fantasy subcontinent would be smaller than usual?

> LL has recently moved away a couple of private regions north of Rollingstone and Bachman in Belli's chalet area.  Could be chalet expansion area, or?

If they do fantasy, personally I'd rather see an underwater "Hidden World".  The moles have done some cute underwater scenes over the years, but I'd love to see what they'd come up with for an underwater subcontinent.  Of course there would be weird issues to solve (would it be overrun with surface boats?  How do you mark parcels?  Do you make underwater 'roads'?), so I doubt they'll attempt it, but I would be really REALLY intrigued to see it!

• Like 6

It could be like Brigadoon and you only get to visit your house when it decides to appear!

Much as I'd like a fantasy theme, I'm not going to get my hopes up. You can make an underground home or tree house with no fantasy required. That way, if it is fantasy, it'll be fun... but if it isn't, it won't be disappointing. (I do hope they accept my exhibit idea though. I didn't blow anything up the last two times.)

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

• 2 months later...

A lot of people posted what they WHISH for ...But has anyone any idea what is LIKELY?

June is coming nearer and we speculated there would be a reveal on the SL Birthday? When is that? and will there be a reveal?

Any hints yet? any word dropped by @Patch Linden that might give you ideas what the next theme actually might BE?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Leora Jacobus said:

A lot of people posted what they WHISH for ...But has anyone any idea what is LIKELY?

June is coming nearer and we speculated there would be a reveal on the SL Birthday? When is that? and will there be a reveal?

Any hints yet? any word dropped by @Patch Linden that might give you ideas what the next theme actually might BE?

Last year the Stilts (theme 6) was announced at SL17B on 23rd June 2020 after Patch Linden session finished (during the last 15 minutes) which was apart of the Meet the Linden series. The LH Demo region (SL17B Enchant) opened shortly afterwards revealing the new Stilts Linden Homes. The Stilts was released in phrases starting 21st December 2021. 

Theme 8 is likely to be previewed at SL18B and most likely be released once the birthday is over (1st July 2021+). Patch earlier this year said "this new theme will blow your socks off and will have unique capabilities". I believe this will be theme 8 out of 11. 

The Trailers/Campers was announced at SL16B (June 2019) with the release happening on 16th September 2019. Seems to be sort of heading in the same pattern. 

Edited by Daniel Voyager
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Leora Jacobus said:

As mentioned by others the theme reveal will be SL18B and the theme of SL18B this year is Hidden Worlds - I don't know how much the new home theme might be related to that, but in inworld chat the other day when people asked about a clue the only thing Patch said was "You are not the first to pass this way. Nor shall you be the last." Now I don't know for sure if that actually was a clue or not. My first thought was a fantasy theme, and  I don't think it would be impossible to have some kind of fantasy theme, just as there was for the first gen homes. I'm not sure to what extent it would be in a true fantasy style though as all of the land houses so far have a similar build, so I would think it would be pretty much like that with variations in decor, roofing maybe and landscaping as usual.

Just my thoughts. I'm looking forward to the reveal though, they are always fun.

(not sure what's happened to the line spacing😵)

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

As mentioned by others the theme reveal will be SL18B and the theme of SL18B this year is Hidden Worlds - I don't know how much the new home theme might be related to that, but in inworld chat the other day when people asked about a clue the only thing Patch said was "You are not the first to pass this way. Nor shall you be the last." Now I don't know for sure if that actually was a clue or not. My first thought was a fantasy theme, and  I don't think it would be impossible to have some kind of fantasy theme, just as there was for the first gen homes. I'm not sure to what extent it would be in a true fantasy style though as all of the land houses so far have a similar build, so I would think it would be pretty much like that with variations in decor, roofing maybe and landscaping as usual.

Just my thoughts. I'm looking forward to the reveal though, they are always fun.

(not sure what's happened to the line spacing😵)

Based on Patch's clue... it will either be viking ships or norwegian cottages.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Completing the log homes and its north coastline should be their priority before focusing on yet another theme .

I'm tired of seeing unfinished projects across SL which were not completed because focus all went on the latest "big new shiny thing", that quickly became yesterday's news after the crowds dispersed.

Meanwhile uncompleted stuff lays abandoned for years - sometimes decades - and is always a disappointment for the resident, visitors and a point of regret of everyone involved in it's creation.

@Linden Lab @Patch Linden @Abnor Mole please break this cycle of short-sightedness, the throwaway mentality and complete a project before moving on to a newer one.

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Confused 1

Patch’s quote is from Disney if I remember correctly. The next theme could be Vikings/Medieval themed. Certainly fantasy would fit in there. However, it’s a quote from the Epcot centre so it could even be be future/space. I’m looking forward to finding out.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Tamara Adored said:

Patch’s quote is from Disney if I remember correctly. The next theme could be Vikings/Medieval themed. Certainly fantasy would fit in there. However, it’s a quote from the Epcot centre so it could even be be future/space. I’m looking forward to finding out.

Thanks, I didn't know that. Medieval would be interesting and as you say could fit with fantasy. I could see that as a real possibility. I think a space theme would be a great addition, but I'm not sure how popular it would be in comparison, so my guess would be that there won't be one.

• Thanks 2

Patch is a trickster, but the hint is really good. The quote is from this Disney ride at Epcot. I've been there, it's a viking ship and some viking legend. But if it's just Epcot in general, it could be China, Japan, Mexico, or any of the other countries represented there.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

Patch is a trickster, but the hint is really good. The quote is from this Disney ride at Epcot. I've been there, it's a viking ship and some viking legend. But if it's just Epcot in general, it could be China, Japan, Mexico, or any of the other countries represented there.

If he posts a teaser pic on flickr nearer the time like he does sometimes this might enable us to narrow it down:)

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Okay, I try to remember back. But I can not think we found out what was likely and it was right.

Did anyone say "It's likely that the next is Victorian houses." I mean, they did not say it before Patch posted images of him in a doorway or on a porch.

I can't remember anyone finding out that it's likely to be Chalets or Stilts or anything.

• Like 1

Well, on the offhand chance that the new theme is Norse, a few things inevitably would follow from that.

> Fjords!  Lots of homes on waterfront!

> We get to start calling @Abnor Mole Slartibartfast!  WIkipedia:

Slartibartfast is a Magrathean, and a designer of planets.[2] His favourite part of the job is creating coastlines, the most notable of which are the fjords found on the coast of Norway on planet Earth

> Snow land textures at higher elevations

> Roving KeyFramed icebergs with animesh polar bears.  Clearly.  Inevitable.

> Ski Lodge community center!  (one of my favorite mainland areas is the ski runs)

> Hot springs!  It wouldn't be too hard to tweak the LogLand lake recreational spots into hot springs, would it?

1968766080_Loonlake_001smaller.thumb.jpg.b376fa26a7fa0669b746ce1828c65143.jpg

ETA: Oh, and how could I forget!  Teeglepets would have to release a Norse Fjord Horse.

261020-fjord-2.jpg

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Did anyone say "It's likely that the next is Victorian houses." I mean, they did not say it before Patch posted images of him in a doorway or on a porch.

I did. I figured it out from the much earlier clue that it would go well with railroads.

But in this case, I'm an exhibitor at the birthday and my guesses would be informed by what I can see, so I can't really guess out loud at this point. What I will say is something I said in another thread before I saw the exhibitor regions... you can see the regions on the map (search for SLB) and it's clear the terrain is different.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nika Talaj said:

Well, on the offhand chance that the new theme is Norse, a few things inevitably would follow from that.

> Fjords!  Lots of homes on waterfront!

> We get to start calling @Abnor Mole Slartibartfast!  WIkipedia:

> Snow land textures at higher elevations

> Roving KeyFramed icebergs with animesh polar bears.  Clearly.  Inevitable.

> Ski Lodge community center!  (one of my favorite mainland areas is the ski runs)

> Hot springs!  It wouldn't be too hard to tweak the LogLand lake recreational spots into hot springs, would it?

1968766080_Loonlake_001smaller.thumb.jpg.b376fa26a7fa0669b746ce1828c65143.jpg

ETA: Oh, and how could I forget!  Teeglepets would have to release a Norse Fjord Horse.

261020-fjord-2.jpg

With the discovery (discovery was not mine, someone mentioned in the Belli Community chat) of a Mole created Alpine Lodge, The Drunken Mouse, I lean towards something snowy and Vikingish.  

2 hours ago, xViXeNx71 said:

They have released a Fjord Horse already, I have one!

Well, I'll be danged, it's really cute.  On February 27th.

https://www.teeglepet.com/post/loki-the-fjord-horse

Of course, waterhorse bento fans could also climb on the fjord bandwagon.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Jinx-Fjord-Mane-Tail-for-Water-Horse-Bento-Riding-Horse/11784931

Anyway.  Given my history with theme guesses, it is probably assured that the next theme will be Manhattan.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Claire Richelieu said:

With the discovery (discovery was not mine, someone mentioned in the Belli Community chat) of a Mole created Alpine Lodge, The Drunken Mouse, I lean towards something snowy and Vikingish.  

Wasn't that part of the chalet release?

• Like 2

During a Lab Gab around the time of the Chalet release, Patch mentioned that snow was a consideration for future Chalets/future builds in the mountains. That unfinished northern Logland section may be the perfect spot for spectacular Nordic mountains plunging into the sea.

Heck I can dream. 😁

Edited by Eirynne Sieyes
  • Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1040 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.