Next theme teaser (after the stilts!)

Claire Atheria
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1168 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

25 minutes ago, Chloe Dolores said:

I can see stairs in the teaser - I hope this is a 512 theme! Edit : also is that left window showing wooden shutters? Or maybe just  a door frame..

It could just be panelling rather than stairs (kinda tudor like, but in a rustic style, so maybe a cottage theme?). I'm guessing they will be 1024's judging by what I've seen over time on the Dev & SSP regions, but it does look like they have some smaller homes coming mabye later:  Right top shapes look like stilt homes, top row I think is the theme after that, and bottom ones are the newest ones added here, so theme after that, but they are placed in 1024 regions, which might mean nothing here. But who knows:)

429343486_LHDev.JPG.b30b50fae9bb71edc8d8fd0a84e4d696.JPG

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Thanks 1

@Raspberry Crystalin RL there is often a mix of styles. I live in a 1956 built house, to my left is the 1910 house that sold half of their parcel to be the plot for this house, to my right a house that has to be older, down the street more old houses that has split their large gardens... 1980's houses in the 80's style  and 2019 houses in modern style. As long as a new theme fit in the same footprint as the previous styles I think it will be fine.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I had to google "Craftsman style" ... and they seem to me rather similar to the Traditionals we allredy have.

What's the main difference?

Isn't it more likely the next theme would be something really NEW?

As I have posted in another thread somewhere, the trads, log homes, and Vics all have craftsman elements, and even more so with some of the add-ons that are available.  It also is a fairly broad style.  For the type of craftsman that I prefer, which is also known as California bungalow, think traditional with mild Asian influences.  Some of the most defining characteristics are a roof with a shallower pitch,  large columned covered patio at the entrance, and attached pergolas. 

In looking at the door more closely, it appears to just be a repurposed door from the Vics without the side bits.  The exterior trim looks like standard log home trim.  The inside looks like Vic or log home trim, walls,  and floors.  The entry step is what we see on the trads without the brick.  So the stucco and rock path are new, and we have no idea what the floor plans and elevations look like.  

• Like 3

Costumes.

In the first pic, I'm not sure what Patch is dressed as, but he COULD be a castaway, maybe a hint about many islands coming with the Stilt homes?  I can't see a hint in the cute-as-hell little devil, but I do wonder about the boy on the right.  Is that a Game of Thrones costume?  Perhaps that was the biggest tell that this was a theme hint ... a nod in the direction of the Game of Homes!

Let's look at his 2nd Halloween pic.  Nothing too interesting in the surroundings - looks like a Vic, not a lot of decor.

50540008912_117efa9013_z.jpg 

Patch is a mech, and the boys are astronauts.  One of them is dressed in purple.

Let me return to what I surmised on May 3rd about SSP2001 -2040, which incidentally recently turned purple.

purple.thumb.JPG.8220278e01a95115e34c8fb4200d6339.JPG

;)

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

/me puts on a tin foil hat, consults her crystal ball, and predicts that if any Lindens read this thread, Patch's typist may endure endless teasing about his "Peter Pan vibe".

*takes a treat out of her pocket and gives it to the little Borat that seems to camp inside her head*

[I'm still going with "castaway" on that costume.  Maybe the Stilt Home community center will be a shipwreck??]

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Eirynne Sieyes said:

Maybe vampire/demon homes? Wasn't there talk earlier that the newer themes may be very different, perhaps fantasy-oriented? This place looks dark and grungy - and Patch is wearing a cloak. Boo!

Now *that's* definitely not a Wendy House! And Patch (looking surprisingly young ;) ) is wearing academic robes with a Slytherin badge. Neo-Gothic/Collegiate Gothic (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collegiate_Gothic) would fit in well with Harry Potter fans or vampires wanting a spookier setting. As a style, it borrowed some elements from Tudor architecture (note the Tudor Rose emblem on the gray pillars) as well as the earlier Gothic, but the facades would be stone rather than brick or wood, and what's shown here looks like wood and plaster. Anyway, I think this building is more likely to be a community center rather than an actual home, and I'm guessing the words on the arch at the top are Lo[ndon] Museum. A collegiate style would also lend itself well to quadrangles, with buildings surrounding a large common area.

londonmuseum.jpg

Edited by Frigga Freidman

2 hours ago, Eirynne Sieyes said:

Maybe vampire/demon homes? Wasn't there talk earlier that the newer themes may be very different, perhaps fantasy-oriented? This place looks dark and grungy - and Patch is wearing a cloak. Boo!

I don't entirely think it's the new theme. The house in the pic looks like a Victorian it's tagged as Millbank so part of the Halloween goings on there, that and the pic before it on Flickr are references to Harry Potter. Also Nika's pic is tagged as Millbank 

The house teaser in the OP's pic if it's not another American theme i reckon judging by the rendering it could be a first half 20th century British house it's not uncommon for homes of this time to be partially or fully covered in render. Won't be Art Deco as the windows and door are wrong for the potential theme

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

I don't entirely think it's the new theme. The house in the pic looks like a Victorian it's tagged as Millbank so part of the Halloween goings on there, that and the pic before it on Flickr are references to Harry Potter. Also Nika's pic is tagged as Millbank 

The house teaser in the OP's pic if it's not another American theme i reckon judging by the rendering it could be a first half 20th century British house it's not uncommon for homes of this time to be partially or fully covered in render. Won't be Art Deco as the windows and door are wrong for the potential theme

Yup. I hadn't looked at the tags (or visited Millbank), but now I agree - only that first photo posted in this thread is likely to be relevant to the new theme. (But I'm now looking around Millbank and have yet to find that building in the Harry Potter picture. Only 3 other people in the region but it's *very* laggy.)

Found the "Gotta get more candy" house, sans creepy doll in the window. So, yeah, definitely Millbank and not a teaser.

Edited by Frigga Freidman

On 10/31/2020 at 12:20 AM, Nika Talaj said:

I'm having difficulty seeing this as a Tudor.  With the granite step in front and the dark door, it reminds me of old homes in Sicily that are stucco and front directly onto the street.

If we think in terms of wattle and daub generally instead of 'Tudor', as this building style goes back centuries, it's possible it might be a similar style and could be seen as more of a 'new' theme if the building shape is less square or there's a thatched roof or something.  For example I found a site talking about traditional and contemporary Korean homes ( http://holzhueter.blogspot.com/2013/03/traditional-and-contemporary-natural.html) . Some traditional ones use wattle and daub, with regional variations. Some pics: The first one shows one style and you can see the stone floor at the base.

%E5%9B%B32%E3%80%80%E5%85%B8%E5%9E%8B%E7%9A%84%E6%B0%91%E5%AE%B6.JPG

%E5%9B%B313%E3%80%80%E8%97%81%E8%91%BA%E3%81%8D%E5%B1%8B%E6%A0%B9.JPG

The way the house looks in Patch's pic really reminds me of this look in terms of the wood and the walls. We can also see elements of this style over at Meauxle Bureaux (the Mole's village for those who may not be aware of it) in the center part of this building:

262908640_MeauxleBureaux_b_001.png.bc5654acb99bf5a49e28584f0f9a4b98.png

We also see similarity in the old Elderglen homes. And since Patch mentioned there might be reference to some of the old LHs,  the theme after the stilts could be the equivalent to the Elderglen, i.e. 'fantasy' style home. And Peter Pan and Game of Thrones are both 'fantasy', if these are clues:)

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 5

So ... hmm.  We're maybe looking at:

1. Traditional
  2. Houseboat
  3. Camper/Trailer
  4. Victorian
  5. Log/Mountain Homes
  6. Stilt Homes
  7. American Southwest? Or ... or .. or ..
  8. The Final Frontier?

Weren't there originally going to be 8 themes, and then at some interview Patch mentioned 10?  I wonder if that's a firm number?

I don't know.  It could be a new hobbit hole/Medieval type fantasy house like in the old Linden home areas.  For the door person here - I know it's not round 😄 

Wasn't the next theme suppose to be notably different?  I hope it's something besides just another squarish house with different siding.  I am hoping for something really different.

I can dream on the Peter Pan/Neverland theme, though.  How many different home styles would there be?  Tree houses, houseboats (like floating pirate ships 😜) mermaid homes, fairy glens, mountains, cave homes.  It could be an updated Elderglen.  If it's some of the moles favorite, what would they enjoy building?

Edited by Cinnamon Mistwood
spelling, commas, extra word. The usual
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

So ... hmm.  We're maybe looking at:

1. Traditional
  2. Houseboat
  3. Camper/Trailer
  4. Victorian
  5. Log/Mountain Homes
  6. Stilt Homes
  7. American Southwest? Or ... or .. or ..
  8. The Final Frontier?

Weren't there originally going to be 8 themes, and then at some interview Patch mentioned 10?  I wonder if that's a firm number?

It depends on how many alts they think we can absorb. 😝

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1168 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.