Next theme teaser (after the stilts!)

Claire Atheria
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1124 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm not really sure why Patch is doing this.

Hear me out.

People are already antsy waiting for stilts.  And we already have a thread about what folks would like to see next.  So let's say someone has been yearning for something that's clearly not a theme in the hint.  Like, I dunno, a sci-fi theme, where you decide if your home style is the Entersuprise, the Millenial Fulcrum, or Deep State Nine.  Before the hint, they'd be like oh man oh man gotta wait so long for stilts before they maybe start on my dream house.  Now folks are like aw no, now I gotta wait even longer, it will be a good year or so before I can move into the Bad Breath Star.

I guess it's a double-edged sword, then, deciding whether to post hints.  Cuz if you don't do that from time to time, folks will then get even more antsy about what's next.

Personally, though, I'm glad for the hint.  It's fun to guess.  It's fun to see the creativity of not just Linden Labs but everyone here speculating.  I'm just sad that it will be another few years before I see houses made entirely out of beer cans.

C'mon, that's a great theme!  Hey, where's everyone going?  Guys?  Guys?

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

On 10/31/2020 at 1:58 PM, Claire Atheria said:

I remember Patch saying in the past that the next themes would be less traditional than the current ones

if traditional means standard human-like housing then most probably an elveny-like habitat going off the costumes of the boys and the trews worn by Patch

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mollymews said:

if traditional means standard human-like housing then most probably an elveny-like habitat going off the costumes of the boys and the trews worn by Patch

Well, maybe, yes. 

I am uncomfortable with my previous suggestion that Patch is hinting 3 themes into the future: Stilts-Southwest-Space. What if the theme after Stilts was a mix of Fantasy homes?  The trouble with that is that it would be chaotic, and the moles have gone to great lengths to build coherent neighborhoods.  UNLESS - there were, say, only 2 types of builds, maybe 4 space homes and 4 land/elven homes, in each parcel controller?  The land would probably all be given up to elven-ish landscaping, and each parcel on which the owners had chosen "space" would just have a transporter up to that level, where there would be minimal "landscaping".  I love this idea, but with skyboxes here, there, and everywhere I'm hard put to say WHERE these space homes could go.  Ah well.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I don't know.  It could be a new hobbit hole/Medieval type fantasy house like in the old Linden home areas.  For the door person here - I know it's not round 😄 

Wasn't the next theme suppose to be notably different?  I hope it's something besides just another squarish house with different siding.  I am hoping for something really different.

This is the weird thing to me. To hint a long while in advance that we were getting something very different, and then to go on to build log homes, stilt homes and whatever this is. 

It's about expectation management. If Patch had said, they will all be pretty much the same from now on with different planting themes, external finishes and mix of floor plans, then any variation on top of that would have been a nice surprise.
I guess he could argue that these are all homes and what did we want, wheelbarrows with windows?

I just don't believe that the formula is going to change that much now, and whatever we get there will be thousands of them, with some sort of cloned elements in the landscaping,  because that's the only way they can do it with the resources available.

The reason that this is disappointing to me, is that this isn't how they started out and I had, it turns out ,an unreasonable hope, that they would continue to produce very varied designs and (all) unique landscapes.
It's absolutely inevitable that a more honed approach, with one eye on the budget, is going to produce less interesting, and more predictable results. It's like the mass housing estates we have over here, you can have the 3 bed Conniston with bifold doors with an orange roof, or the 3 bed Pennistone with  grey roof, a study at the front and double garage. People want somewhere to live and it is very much ok, better than a lot of things, but it isn't fascinating. Patch can dangle things in any way he likes (ooh missus) but it is never going to be *that* interesting because it can't be.

I know talented home designers will take whatever is offered and make special places, as in real life, some people are really good at that. The moles bust a gut making what they do pretty and good to live with, but I'll be frankly astonished if we get space ships, hobbit houses, or even, sadly, the kind of modern designs that would make a lot of people happy. It would take too much time to do and the margins seem very narrow. They know what works now, and that's what we will get, it takes a lot of effort, and they will do a good job of it. I just can't get excited (maybe I'm just a miserable s*d who knows).

• Like 3

Maybe this hint of houses that will come a long way in the future has just that purpose, to get people to move on other land where they can build just the house they want.

It is already a stress when new themes are released. And the original thought for LL, was that people should move when they wanted more Li and different homes. I have not seen them change that.

This can also be why they continue with "pretty much the same". Houses for the majority, not so special that people settle in there for the rest of their SLife.

I can also be totally wrong. Maybe LL has 2 themes already done with regions and all, built on a super secret place so the regions can pop up just days after the uplift is gone and going smooth.

• Like 1

It might be an European theme, maybe that's what they meant by "different" from all other themes, that it's simply not an American style, in the interview with the moles back in June, one of the audience said they want an European theme, and patch's reply was just "Uhmm" and nothing more!

Then she insists on more hints or details,  and he said I think my "Uhmm" is enough of a hint!

you can see it here, it's a link for the exact minute, so you don't have to look for it:

Maybe it's something like this, if they do this it's gonna be so colorful and beautiful:

500_F_212152030_wzT4XhrBk7EQSC52J87n2pLks5p7A4ax.jpg.4b3ac3c7053901a76ac33c4b1cccb57c.jpg

740272544_Plnlein.jpg.39b227d565b64c4474b9d5aee25f13e2.jpg

shutterstock_216070687-629x420.jpg.38263f6f2d518ce294073fee74f42c29.jpg

Or  a colonial Spanish style like these:

8fa6e5ac237d82a89aaa5f2d027322e3.thumb.jpg.2ea9245c8177c182debf02fc2580f046.jpg

before-and-after-la-spanish-bungalow-renovation-at-home_mediterranean-house-design.thumb.jpg.cdf06850a63253836905361057bf8545.jpg

11a9827c493948709f34a29cd7d8d600.thumb.jpg.b409f4cbf6bbd0fd635cacf9a763437d.jpg

Edited by seeno29
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, seeno29 said:

you can see it here, it's a link for the exact minute, so you don't have to look for it:

Thanks for the link! I'd forgotten about some of the things mentioned in this interview.

Patch does say (around 31 mins in)

We have 4 more themes after Stilt homes...

for some reason I have been thinking there were only a couple more coming, had totally forgotten that. And at around 32 mins in:

...the next two themes people are going to find...they are going to be a bit of a departure from what you are used to seeing...

So I think we could safely assume they won't be a similar structure to Vics/Trad/Stilts.

I'm not sure what to make of the "mhmm" comment to the European theme. I don't know if it sounds like a refrain from commenting because he doesn't want to reveal that there will be a European theme, or just because he doesn't want to say yay or nay to anything, not because there is or isn't that theme🤔

19 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

I'm not sure what to make of the "mhmm" comment to the European theme. I don't know if it sounds like a refrain from commenting because he doesn't want to reveal that there will be a European theme, or just because he doesn't want to say yay or nay to anything, not because there is or isn't that theme

I don't know, but in minute 34:50  he said that he has "uhmmd"  her to death and dropped a pretty big hint on their departure from what we've been seeing.

And that "uhmm" was for a question about European theme, so he shouldn't say it's a pretty big hint if it's not telling anything.

Listening to that little segment of the interview, it does indeed sound to me that there will be a European theme, but what LL may MEAN by that is certainly open to interpretation.  However, stuccoed homes with exterior decorative timber,  dark doors with perhaps a fancy knocker, simple windows, fronting directly on streets, pipe organ inside, no decks (but maybe interior courtyards, Moles?) Very hard to believe that they would be built as row houses, tho.  Many such homes have lovely, narrow gated gardens down the side.

Your 1st 3 pics, Seen029, are definitely up that European alley, so to speak. I could definitely get into some very colorful stucco!  uhmhmm.

And 4 themes after stilts ... yes, this was the interview that the 10 themes number came from, and he sounds very definite about it.

• Like 2

Well, IF they do a colorful stucco European theme ....

And IF they have a portion of that subcontinent that has a rocky coast ...

Then MAYBE there will be a region called Cinque Terra, or Monterosso, or Vernazza, etc.

And maybe Patch & the Moles can capture the ambiance of this.

big-2ae05368b6d01410ce07d6d224e2269a.jpg

Of course, if they do, we can wave bye-bye to the rest of the themes, because the whole team would (or should) be hired away by DreamWorks!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Brilynn Roussel said:

Okay so I have been looking over the photos again, and I am starting to bank on a Farm House type of home.

89690885bcc45439f5b5a6d21658862d.png.37ea605416491884085db78ec7e62ff1.png1904230741_woodworkcopy.png.b9b12c8be1fdef726d4e4c8c011b9e2a.png

Reminds me of the fields that farmers make designs in.

farmhouse style was my first thought, too.  SO trendy right now in the US, anyway and it looks farmhouse-y to me.

11 hours ago, seeno29 said:

Maybe it's something like this, if they do this it's gonna be so colorful and beautiful:

shutterstock_216070687-629x420.jpg.38263f6f2d518ce294073fee74f42c29.jpg

If you want to see something like this in SL, have you visited Vieux Colmar?

Coeur d'Alsace - Ville de Coeur, Coeur d Alsace (173, 132, 26)

colmar_001.jpg

Edited by LunaThyme
added a word for clarification
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, LunaThyme said:

If you want to see something like this in SL, have you visited Vieux Colmar?

Coeur d'Alsace - Ville de Coeur, Coeur d Alsace (173, 132, 26)

colmar_001.jpg

Nice, I'll Sure gonna visit, it looks an old sim tho, and it might be a one person work with limited resources or materials whatever it called, and he did a good job with it, Imagine a team of professionals backed up by a big company doing the same thing, it's gonna be great, if one person can do it, I don't think it's impossible for the moles to do it.

Edited by seeno29
  • Like 4

• Administrators

I'm so proud of you all finally finding my teaser image!  😁

None of you have figured it out yet though.

For those of you counting the themes:

1. Traditional
  2. Houseboats
  3. Campers
  4. Victorian
  5. Log Homes
  6. Stilt Homes
  7. The next theme
  8. The theme after the next theme
  9. The theme after after that next theme
  10. The theme that is after that
  11. The theme that is after #10

The pattern to my teasers is pretty clear.  I don't tease well in advance, and the timing of my teasers is consistent with when things are due to be released.

Have fun!  😉

• Like 9
  • Haha 9

19 minutes ago, Patch Linden said:

For those of you counting the themes:

1. Traditional
  2. Houseboats
  3. Campers
  4. Victorian
  5. Log Homes
  6. Stilt Homes
  7. The next theme
  8. The theme after the next theme
  9. The theme after after that next theme
  10. The theme that is after that
  11. The theme that is after #10

I don't tease well in advance, and the timing of my teasers is consistent with when things are due to be released.

11 themes in total now! Does this mean a double theme release before the end of the year (or even this month)?

Edited by Claire Atheria
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, Patch Linden said:

I don't tease well in advance, and the timing of my teasers is consistent with when things are due to be released.

Looking at Patch's photostream, I believe the Vics were first teased on Oct 29, 2019, and were released Dec. 16th.

Log Homes were first teased Feb. 25th, released April 1st.

[Someone may want to check those 'first teased' dates against the relevant forum threads.]

Soooo ... skipping the Stilt Homes, obviously teased before Uplift intervened, Patch's post may indicate  a release 2nd week in Dec.-ish, probably both Stilt Homes and this new mystery one teased Fri, Oct 30th. 

I guess the 'astronaut' Halloween pic is not a teaser?

need moar pics!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

LL is starting to sell regions again.  This would imply that Patch and company have been given the regions they need to finish out the Stilt home build so they can be released within the next couple of months, maybe no later than mid-Dec.

As to what comes next, I've never been good at figuring out Patch's hints.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3

Hmmm, I see.  Private regions are now available "in limited quantity". 

The stilt homes were unveiled quite some time ago now.  Is it possible that the LDPW could obtain enough regions to built out part of a new stilt home subcontinent?  If I were in the LDPW, I would opt to do that before finishing off the northern edge of LogLand.  The tiles to assemble ... hmmm ... StiltHaven? ... were finished quite some time ago, i would think.  Is it possible that LL eould release a "limited quantity" of Stilt Homes BEFORE mid-December?

Time to begin watching the waters south of LogLand.

• Like 4

11 themes!? Great!

1 hour ago, Nika Talaj said:

Is it possible that LL eould release a "limited quantity" of Stilt Homes BEFORE mid-December?

I kinda hope not...I'd like to see a big release, the last thing I'd like to see is a 'limited' release of Stilt homes which will all be gone in a few hours and having to endure the refresh madness 🥴 I'm hoping there'll be enough to go round initially like we saw  with the log homes - it was a few days before they were sold out. I'd be prepared to wait a little longer for that. On the other hand what if they are planning to release the 7th theme concurrently (if I remember correctly I think Patch suggested somewhere that could be the case). So that might allieviate a scramble for Stilt homes.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1124 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.