Next theme teaser (after the stilts!)

Claire Atheria
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1124 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Aren't those boxes separate items in the content packs? I thought I'd seen that in a thread previously (probably in a post by Abnor Mole.)

On closer inspection, they are. But the first 2 times I visited that house, I did wonder what the hell that was supposed to be!

• Haha 1

For those who are having a hard time picturing the with walls/without walls configuration, here's what the Ravensburg (top) and Reizend interiors look like. Photos were taken from the front right corner. (Excuse the awful perspective!) 

rav2.jpg

reis.jpg

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 7

54 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

reis.jpg

Ahh, that is likely where I got the 'one door' from.  I probably didn't actually cam into those rooms and from this view, which is pretty much what you see when you first walk in, only one of the doors is visible.

6 hours ago, Quartz Mole said:

If you rerez a stilt house, you should find that's now been changed, at the same time we fixed a bug that caused transparent windows  to appear opaque on some machines at particular viewer settings.

Because of the way the stilt houses were constructed, some windows on different walls of the same room are set to the same mesh face, so those have to change together, but whenever possible they now change separately.

This is great.  For those with OL Havanas, this fixes the mismatched roof color as well.  I can retire my tinted add-on.  

• Like 9

So after the stilts is these Fachwerkhaus deals, but then there is the NEXT theme after that. Patch said in a recent interview with PrimPerfect at the Home & Garden Expo that the theme of this year's birthday SL18B, which is "Hidden Worlds" would also be the theme of the new houses after the Swiss. I was originally thinking it could be California ranches. And it may still be. But now it sounds like it is fairy houses, maybe even tiny houses, or some fantasy theme which they have not yet done in Bellisseria.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

So after the stilts is these Fachwerkhaus deals, but then there is the NEXT theme after that. Patch said in a recent interview with PrimPerfect at the Home & Garden Expo that the theme of this year's birthday SL18B, which is "Hidden Worlds" would also be the theme of the new houses after the Swiss. I was originally thinking it could be California ranches. And it may still be. But now it sounds like it is fairy houses, maybe even tiny houses, or some fantasy theme which they have not yet done in Bellisseria.

• Like 4

On 3/22/2021 at 3:42 AM, Prokofy Neva said:

Patch said in a recent interview with PrimPerfect at the Home & Garden Expo that the theme of this year's birthday SL18B, which is "Hidden Worlds" would also be the theme of the new houses after the Swiss. I was originally thinking it could be California ranches. And it may still be. But now it sounds like it is fairy houses, maybe even tiny houses, or some fantasy theme which they have not yet done in Bellisseria.

Some of my favorite houses to get, gawk over, and then not actually use are those hobbit homes that appear to be regular SL landscaping, until you notice a door and a window on one side. But from above you can texture them to blend into the surrounded SL land if you have the right continent texture pack (or find the right one in the library).

Those hidden homes are awesome. I just never end up keeping them because from the inside you've got a space with so little 'window' view that it starts to feel cramped in even more than one of the linden home campers.

That said. that would be a cool theme - hobbit homes. One of the old linden homes "almost" went this route but the homes were not really concealed like some content makers have now managed to do.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Claire Atheria said:

New teaser pic from Patch! Maybe a release next week?

Edelweiss - Have a great weekend! 🌼

Patch points to a clip of Christopher Plummer singing Edelweiss in Sound of Music in the pic's description.  Amazing that he took the trouble of somehow getting a suit matching Plummer's!

I am so overjoyed to see a sizeable hill in the background!  I also spy a stag statue and a building with a chimney - I don't see any chimneys on the demo homes, perhaps that's Die Betrunkene Maus? 

/me places a few coins under the flower.  Support your local buskers!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Patch points to a clip of Christopher Plummer singing Edelweiss in Sound of Music in the pic's description.  Amazing that he took the trouble of somehow getting a suit matching Plummer's!

I am so overjoyed to see a sizeable hill in the background!  I also spy a stag statue and a building with a chimney - I don't see any chimneys on the demo homes, perhaps that's Die Betrunkene Maus? 

/me places a few coins under the flower.  Support your local buskers!

Did we previously know that Patch is/was an actor? ("A tribute to one of my inspirations as an actor, Christopher Plummer.")

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 2

I didn't, and I'm not QUITE sure that he means to imply he is, tho to me as well that seems like the most likely interpretation.  I mean, it is possible that he means that Plummer, even tho an actor, serves as a creative inspiration. 

But if so, hey, I'M a thespian as well, tho more frequently a director than an actor! 

/me picks up a random script

OK, so Patch, the blocking in this next scene says that you release the chalets.  *looks at watch*  Really too late today to do anything.

Even though you've done so many similar shows, let's schedule a quick tech run-through early ... hmmm ... Tuesday, just a few homes, then the curtain rises fully later that same day, yes?  Everyone OK with that?

There's no lines, due to your demonstrated ability to provide brilliant improvisational patter!

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

8 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Some of my favorite houses to get, gawk over, and then not actually use are those hobbit homes that appear to be regular SL landscaping, until you notice a door and a window on one side. But from above you can texture them to blend into the surrounded SL land if you have the right continent texture pack (or find the right one in the library).

Those hidden homes are awesome. I just never end up keeping them because from the inside you've got a space with so little 'window' view that it starts to feel cramped in even more than one of the linden home campers.

That said. that would be a cool theme - hobbit homes. One of the old linden homes "almost" went this route but the homes were not really concealed like some content makers have now managed to do.

I live in one and love it.

51053986871_2c00f7e149_c.jpg

• Like 11

• Administrators
On 3/26/2021 at 3:24 PM, Frigga Freidman said:

Did we previously know that Patch is/was an actor? ("A tribute to one of my inspirations as an actor, Christopher Plummer.")

I've never hidden it, and I think I've discussed it on various occasions, schooling included FSU Motion Picture Arts.

On 3/26/2021 at 3:37 PM, Nika Talaj said:

But if so, hey, I'M a thespian as well, tho more frequently a director than an actor! 

Me too, I've done many roles from acting through Producer.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1124 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.