Next theme teaser (after the stilts!)

Claire Atheria
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1122 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

14 hours ago, Patch Linden said:

I'm so proud of you all finally finding my teaser image!  😁

None of you have figured it out yet though.

For those of you counting the themes:

1. Traditional
  2. Houseboats
  3. Campers
  4. Victorian
  5. Log Homes
  6. Stilt Homes
  7. The next theme
  8. The theme after the next theme
  9. The theme after after that next theme
  10. The theme that is after that
  11. The theme that is after #10

The pattern to my teasers is pretty clear.  I don't tease well in advance, and the timing of my teasers is consistent with when things are due to be released.

Have fun!  😉

I see a retrogression in the themes. Next is Caves!

I'm with @Evangeline Arcadiaon this -- I don't want a limited release of Stilt homes unless it is coupled with some amount of the next theme.   

Whatever the release is, I think it needs to be a fairly large release of new stuff - whether than be one theme or two.

Primarily because I don't want to read all the whining that will definitely happen on the forums if the release is so small it is snapped up in just a few hours.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Chloe Dolores said:

I am holding out for a little part of my childhood. Small fantasy cottage - okay there wont be bridge cottages but there may be Grimms fairytale like abodes in deeper european style forests? 

Bridge-House-8533.jpg

pavement-cottage-ambleside-18.jpg

Ooh I've been there! Lake District.

Edited by Raspberry Crystal
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

11 themes!? Great!

I kinda hope not...I'd like to see a big release, the last thing I'd like to see is a 'limited' release of Stilt homes which will all be gone in a few hours and having to endure the refresh madness 🥴 I'm hoping there'll be enough to go round initially like we saw  with the log homes - it was a few days before they were sold out. I'd be prepared to wait a little longer for that. On the other hand what if they are planning to release the 7th theme concurrently (if I remember correctly I think Patch suggested somewhere that could be the case). So that might allieviate a scramble for Stilt homes.

Log homes took a month. No theme drop sold out in hours. 

2 hours ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

Log homes took a month. No theme drop sold out in hours. 

Actually, the very first Houseboat release sold out in roughly 12 hours, whereas the Traditionals took roughly 48 hours to sell out.  The second Houseboat release -- the Squishy Pickle -- sold out in less than one hour, something like 30 minutes or so, I believe.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

And might be the NEXT theme will be shown in the XMas Expo even if neither that nor the stilts are released yet du to lack of land.

I was thinking that maybe as there has already been two demos now of the Stilt homes they will release the Stilt homes before the Xmas Expo rather than showing again there, and then demo the next theme at the Expo and release those soon after the reveal.  It might be easier for them to stagger them like that rather than have two new releases concurrently, so they can iron out any issue such as homes not rezzing properly etc. as we've seen before.

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 2

Have I mentioned before that my SL partner, @Cee Edman, is a well-traveled man of seemingly encyclopedic knowledge? 

Last night, during a far-ranging discussion, I brought up this thread, because it is so amusing.  We both are desperately in need of amusement during this tense moment in history!  And he responded with one fact that is so revelatory that it actually had the salutary effect of making me shut up for a large number of seconds!  After which I could only say,

WHAT!!!

Deep in the American Southwest, there is a National Park in the desert called the Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument. 

As I perused its wikipedia page, a few things became clear about Patch's picture. 

> Although Patch is every bit as playful as Peter Pan, he is not DRESSED as Peter Pan.  He is costumed as an organ pipe cactus (yes, that is a specific cactus subspecies).  Ah, the people you encounter in SL!  it would be such fun to know Patch in RL.

> Let's look at the boys' costumes.  This park is extremely remote and has few roads.  The most notable is El Camino del Diablo.  Quote Wikipedia:

El Camino del Diablo (Spanish, meaning "The Devil's Highway") is a historic 250-mile (400 km) road that currently extends through some of the most remote and arid terrain of the Sonoran Desert in Pima County and Yuma County, Arizona. In use for at least 1,000 years, El Camino del Diablo is believed to have started as a series of footpaths used by desert-dwelling Native Americans. From the 16th to the 19th centuries, the road was used extensively by conquistadores, explorers, missionaries, settlers, miners, and cartographers. Use of the trail declined sharply after the railroad reached Yuma in 1870. In recognition of its historic significance, El Camino del Diablo was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1978. It has also been designated a Bureau of Land Management Back Country Byway.

The name, like its other historic name Camino del Muerto, ("road of the dead man")[2] refers to the harsh, unforgiving conditions on trail.[3]

> "National Monument" parks often border and encompass important Native American sites.  Which brings us to the other boy's costume.  I'm not totally sure about this, but I think he is costumed as a Pueblo Indian spirit, the Kachina.  There are many different representation of kachinas, they vary tribe to tribe, but here is one style of Kachina doll.  Sorry for the size of the pic, I don't have time this morning to grab and shrink it.

il_794xN.2202492735_jk9s.jpg

So!  My current guess as to the style is Pueblo Revival.  Lest you despair that LL will be deploying a bunch of run-down adobe huts, Pueblo Revival has given birth to some pretty amazing homes.

99f39c500ecd49d322d0b6837321d736.jpg

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 13

@Nika Talajwell done for finding an interesting solution which fits many of the clues!

It would be wonderful to get something different, such as desert landscape. However, I can't connect the house shown with anything which pops up on a google search for the area. Do you have any examples which look like Patch's home teaser?

• Like 2

Wow @Nika Talaj - that is some sleuthing. I can see why you draw that conclusion. And no-one has suggested that particular style (Patch said no-one has guessed correctly yet - unless he's fibbing lol). If you are correct then I could imagine it could be made to look a bit like this picture - those rocks remind me of the rocks the Moles have used all over Belliseria (love those rocks!) so perhaps we'd see more of those amongst a more arid mountainous setting than we've seen to date in the themes:

Roots of Style: Pueblo Revival Architecture Welcomes Modern Life

If you aren't correct, well that's some great coincidence:)

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

@Nika Talajwell done for finding an interesting solution which fits many of the clues!

It would be wonderful to get something different, such as desert landscape. However, I can't connect the house shown with anything which pops up on a google search for the area. Do you have any examples which look like Patch's home teaser?

What about this contemporary version? (minus the white beams)..

Roots of Style: Pueblo Revival Architecture Welcomes Modern Life

The door, walls and stone flooring there is very similar, so are the windows to what they've used in other themes.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Have I mentioned before that my SL partner, @Cee Edman, is a well-traveled man of seemingly encyclopedic knowledge? 

Last night, during a far-ranging discussion, I brought up this thread, because it is so amusing.  We both are desperately in need of amusement during this tense moment in history!  And he responded with one fact that is so revelatory that it actually had the salutary effect of making me shut up for a large number of seconds!  After which I could only say,

WHAT!!!

Deep in the American Southwest, there is a National Park in the desert called the Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument. 

As I perused its wikipedia page, a few things became clear about Patch's picture. 

> Although Patch is every bit as playful as Peter Pan, he is not DRESSED as Peter Pan.  He is costumed as an organ pipe cactus (yes, that is a specific cactus subspecies).  Ah, the people you encounter in SL!  it would be such fun to know Patch in RL.

> Let's look at the boys' costumes.  This park is extremely remote and has few roads.  The most notable is El Camino del Diablo.  Quote Wikipedia:

> "National Monument" parks often border and encompass important Native American sites.  Which brings us to the other boy's costume.  I'm not totally sure about this, but I think he is costumed as a Pueblo Indian spirit, the Kachina.  There are many different representation of kachinas, they vary tribe to tribe, but here is one style of Kachina doll.  Sorry for the size of the pic, I don't have time this morning to grab and shrink it.

il_794xN.2202492735_jk9s.jpg

So!  My current guess as to the style is Pueblo Revival.  Lest you despair that LL will be deploying a bunch of run-down adobe huts, Pueblo Revival has given birth to some pretty amazing homes.

You solved it! I’m betting all of my lindens on this 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

In @Inara Pey 's notes on the latest Web User Group meeting (https://modemworld.me/tag/web-user-group/)  she has added:

I don't know if the 'farmish' mention is her own personal guess or something that was hinted in the meeting...

More food for thought. I had wondered about that bale of hay...

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Eirynne Sieyes said:

STILL waiting for updated Meadowbrook. The moles would make this theme look AMAZING!

grayson.jpg

Me too.
I have managed tune up mine old Meadowbrook house very nice from inside. It has lot of space, no small cramped rooms what whip your cam thru walls. Visitors even dont believe that it is old Meadowbrook house.
And it isnt true that big rooms are hard to decorate, it is opposite, small rooms are way harder to decorate. 

Meadowbrook is most close to scandinavian/north  minimalistic style what i like and goes well with firs and junipers

and with 4 seasons. And i hope there isnt built in fireplaces and lights anymore. Best would be if walls could be removed or moded, so floorplan could be changed easily. I dream about two new versions: one with big yard with full size plot and other with old, small sized plot.

(I need keep mine tiny separated plot bc there is lighthouse on it. I know it sounds weird but it is like it is :D )

Edited by Vihmakass
  • Like 4

On 11/5/2020 at 8:53 AM, Nika Talaj said:

Last night, during a far-ranging discussion, I brought up this thread, because it is so amusing.  We both are desperately in need of amusement during this tense moment in history!  And he responded with one fact that is so revelatory that it actually had the salutary effect of making me shut up for a large number of seconds!  ....

> "National Monument" parks often border and encompass important Native American sites.  Which brings us to the other boy's costume.  I'm not totally sure about this, but I think he is costumed as a Pueblo Indian spirit, the Kachina.  There are many different representation of kachinas, they vary tribe to tribe, but here is one style of Kachina doll.  Sorry for the size of the pic, I don't have time this morning to grab and shrink it

Wow this has serious merit as a guess! And it could totally work as part of Belli, imo... I just bought a skybox in this style, and I love it! 

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1122 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.