Next theme teaser (after the stilts!)

Claire Atheria
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

41 minutes ago, MilleBliss said:

Argh that front door has me baffled. That, plus Patch said no one has guessed yet, and I am coming up empty. I would have guessed maybe Provence or Tuscany, but for the door!

the door doesn't tell me much, if it weren't for the knocker, and now that I see it better if it could somehow fit into some of the styles mentioned, without it it would be a simple door with glass

Edited by Sapphiro Bayn

5 hours ago, Syo Emerald said:

You would be suprised... since I have moved out from home, I always lived in small apartments 3&4. floor) The only place I can put my washing machine is the kitchen. 🙃

Well, if they go with Chicago-style apartments, they'll have to build basements for the washers.  And rez a whole lotta spiders, roaches, and rats.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Caroline Apollo said:

The stuff going up the wall on the right.. I have seen this on some house before, but can't think of it. And the ground is a kind of rocky path. I would say it is kind of the Elderglen fantasy themed design, but we already have those. Maybe some type of farmhouse?

patch.jpg

Looks like unpainted wood to me. Have we (or has Patch) discounted the possibility of Mock Tudor? (As I live in one, I can tell you that anything goes in terms of door furniture.)The salient characteristics are the visible timbers on the façade, either black or brown, and the render (external plaster). Fancy shmancy examples will have (fake) internal beams and leaded windows. And most have a bay window at the front of the house.

4ED72D8A-2310-4B19-B854-64CF9CA09861.jpeg

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Looks like unpainted wood to me. Have we (or has Patch) discounted the possibility of Mock Tudor? (As I live in one, I can tell you that anything goes in terms of door furniture.)The salient characteristics are the visible timbers on the façade, either black or brown, and the render (external plaster). Fancy shmancy examples will have (fake) internal beams and leaded windows. And most have a bay window at the front of the house.

4ED72D8A-2310-4B19-B854-64CF9CA09861.jpeg

I grew up in a Tudor-style home.  In America.  Go figure lol

It is hard to guess bc .....next one seems to be complete style mess if look on whole snapshot.

Doorway is in more or less  Hampton style , knocker is in Victorian style brass vase, wall is rustic stucco what can be French provincial or country aso aso.

But mine quess goes to Lake House

Edited by Vihmakass
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Vihmakass said:

It is hard to guess bc .....next one seems to be complete style mess if look on whole snapshot.

Doorway is in more or less  Hampton style , knocker is in Victorian style brass vase, wall is rustic stucco what can be French provincial or country aso aso.

But mine quess goes to Lake House

The weird mix of styles is really puzzling me too. 
The door and knocker look like victorian town-house, the inner sash windows, also victorian, so ok there, but then the render looks like farmhouse, or a whole variety of things, but not the kind of victorian house which would match the door, and the window surrounds are rustic american cabin.

I think, after too long spent staring at period door knockers, I basically repeated what you just said @Vihmakass!

Maybe there are options for this home which match together better and Patch just happened to show us a random styling example?

• Like 3

Most of American house styles use wood or brick.

What are bit different are house styles with some ties to French, German, Spanish or Italy.

French Provincial/Country , Low Country, Hill Country and some so called Lake/River Houses.

Bc of organ inside and letterbox roof style.....I guessed Lake House, smth what can be found in Mississippi.

But it can easily be Hill Country house too...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

@Syo Emeraldwhat a gorgeous house! So pretty.

My grandparents owned a house in this style (although with red brick walls, instead of white). The roof needs different care than a normal roof. It usually needs to be redone every 30-50 years and you can't celebrate with firework close by.

Edited by Syo Emerald
  • Like 3

On 10/30/2020 at 6:08 PM, Claire Atheria said:

Patch just confirmed in Belli chat that his Flickr pic from a few days ago is a teaser (for the theme after the stilts)! Here's what he's said about it so far...

[14:36] Patch Linden: I'm really surprised that not many, including the forums have even picked up on the next theme teaser I released....
[14:37] Patch Linden: It's the same amount of wall my other initial teasers have :D
[14:39] Patch Linden: There's even an entry step thing in the teaser xD
[14:42] Patch Linden: There are no decks

Trick or Treat Fun!

Just as the original Linden Homes had "Elderglen" and so on where they put wizard homes and elf huts, I think this could be leaning more in the fantasy direction from the looks of the stucco wall. They wouldn't repeat Victorian again, and that doorway is elaborate but not Victorian and not Craftsman. It could be Vampire. Somehow even if you bracket out all the Halloween stuff, it feels like the Addams Family.

4 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

Just as the original Linden Homes had "Elderglen" and so on where they put wizard homes and elf huts, I think this could be leaning more in the fantasy direction from the looks of the stucco wall. They wouldn't repeat Victorian again, and that doorway is elaborate but not Victorian and not Craftsman. It could be Vampire. Somehow even if you bracket out all the Halloween stuff, it feels like the Addams Family.

Go look at a door on one of the Victorian homes, and tell me how it is different.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.