GOALS in Second Life

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1387 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

16 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Total world domination, obviously.

What shall we do tonight, Brain?

Honestly, my goal is to make a passable full mesh avatar with a shape and face that I like. I've got the mesh heads but fecked if I can make them look ok. I know this requires a time commitment and I haven't got much of that at the moment, so I've not generally been bothering with it on the rare occasions I get in, but it is on my to-do list, honestly. I hear Amara skins will work on head and body without a seam? I wish I could reproduce my system self in mesh, I liked the way she looked. I'm not a fan of the coldly uber-supermodel, huge lipped look that's everywhere right now. Nothing wrong with it, but it really doesn't feel like me.

• Like 4

I should have put the word "dream" in my title too...dreams are goals.  

These are the dreams and goals I always had:  

1)  To have a tea house.  Well, I have had two.  It meant a lot to me.  I should have put dance animations in the tables though!

2)  To have a club.  I had two.  Beautiful clubs, magical.  I took the first one down not only because of coronavirus but the sim got way built up and it was too laggy of a sim to work as a club any longer.  

3)  To make my own Gacha (game).  I've made 4.  I far exceeded my goal about the Gachas but it was the most exhausting work I've ever encountered in my entire life.  

Here is a photo of one of my clubs taken down when coronavirus hit (but it also became a very laggy sim due to the fact it was really a rent a store sim and the landlord let me built the club where one of the stores would have been).  It's now just a busy rent a store sim.  But, it was a magical kind of place and everyone said it was magical.  I wanted to go beyond the basic bare club look and have more detailed items in the club.  I took this picture just before I took the club down.  I sat with my club for awhile and said goodbye.  

Snapshot_767.png

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 6
  • Sad 2

10 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

I hear Amara skins will work on head and body without a seam? 

I can't remember about Amara, but my skins from Deetalez don't show too much neck seam.  My new BOM skin from Deetalez I'm pretty sure has absolutely no neck seam.  

But, I'm with you Amina on the making of a great mesh avatar.  I feel the same way.  I've made some good fairies I do like though.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

I can't remember about Amara, but my skins from Deetalez don't show too much neck seam.  My new BOM skin from Deetalez I'm pretty sure has absolutely no neck seam.  

But, I'm with you Amina on the making of a great mesh avatar.  I feel the same way.  I've made some good fairies I do like though.  

I don't care about making a great one, I'd just like to make a decent one with an aesthetic that I like. But I swear it's like NASA engineer level stuff and I just haven't yet found a block of time where I'd rather be doing that than water skiing or going on safari or wandering through a haunted house. If I ever get time to RP properly again, I'll force myself to do it if I haven't managed it by then.

• Like 2

When I first came to SL, I had the attitude that I was going to go right to the top of the business world.. hehehehe

I did make great money for a few years, but really it was nowhere near the top, that's for sure.. it was more like a little kid shorter than the counter trying to grab a cookie off the plate that is out of reach.. hehehehe

Now, I really don't have much ambition in this world as far as that stuff goes.. I've more than spent what i made for sure and spent all of what I made back then in here..

it did pay for my sims I stayed in though,which was really nice..

It's all about the escape and relax now..:)

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

This topic is about GOALS in Second Life.

First, do you have any specific GOALS for your Second Life you would like to achieve?

Second, if you have met a GOAL in Second Life, what was it and how did it make you feel?  

Nope. I have no goals in sl. I have no goals in rl truth be told. I just flow with winds like a leaf until I smack into a tree or rock or building or something else in my way for a short time. then i eventually slip and slide around it and continue on.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

To help make Second Life known by more people who can benefit from using it, preserve and promote its core values, make it the go-to destination for those who want to truly express themselves and realize their world because those things are impossible to get 100% right in our physical world c=

• Like 3

My first goal in SL was to get rich - that did not last long as I don't have the creative spark.

My second goal in SL was to stick to a monthly budget in buying L$ - that worked pretty well until mesh arrived on the scene.

My third goal in SL is my current one - to get out and about when I am trapped in my home thanks to this ongoing pandemic and also a wonky leg that makes walking for a period of time painful.

Explore the great designs of buildings and landscapes. Chat with the small circle of friends. Sail the open seas.

Stay well away from any hint of romantic entanglements.

Edited by Rowdy Rover
  • Like 4

Wonderful topic @FairreLilette!

I've had a few goals that I've set out to achieve in Second Life.

1. When I joined Second Life, my real life had changed completely. I went from teaching, performing, driving, walking, active in my church community and playing sports to staying at home in a wheelchair off and on. I'm a former classical singer. I used to be an assistant professor. I was also part of a local medieval choir that went to many local and national competitions throughout the year, performed locally seasonal and special charity events we were asked to take part in. After I had to stop, I felt scared and lost. If it hadn't been for my father, I've no idea what I would of done. He always encouraged me to keep climbing and reaching for my dreams even if those dreams had to change. I always knew they would have to. It was just much sooner than I would of liked.

Almost eleven years ago when I first joined Second Life, I found a really beautiful community that has been my main spiritual source and family all this time. The community holds dances, events, concerts and community gatherings. They have a weekly gathering called Bardic Circle. It is a time to share poetry, stories, music and friendship. One of the most beautiful and peaceful moments in my week often time when I get the chance to go. One of my goals upon joining SL was finding a musical community or an outlet to sing in some capacity. I began singing weekly years back on a regular basis within this community and it was really rewarding, inspiring and humbling. Watching others recite, sing, tell stories and find the courage to do so is incredible. It takes so much courage to share stories, music and literature with others and finding so many willing participants in the two hour event is really just humbling. The best word I can think of to describe it.

I stopped singing a few years ago when I went from hard of hearing to officially deaf. I began feeling very isolated and alone during that time because again my entire world was changing. I had to learn how to listen differently than with my ears. I had to learn to strengthen my signing skills in BSL and ASL. I just felt I had nothing to offer in those events anymore. Lately, I've began slowly wanting to sing again so one of my new goals is to get back to where I was singing among some of kindest and accepting people I've ever met. My fairy family. I'm going to start training my voice again on my own and relearning how to use vibrations to feel and remember the pitches and music. I've even started pulling my guitar out again. I hope I also find the courage to share my music again here in SL. So a goal I attained, lost and wish to regain.

2. Four years ago I wanted to start a regular fashion blog that I maintained weekly. I met that goal for four years until back in January since real life got in the way. I'm now working on a new blog to jump start writing inspiration and improve my photography skills for self improvement.

3. For years I've been looking all over for a pair of hearing aids for my avi. I finally found a cute pair with a color hud so it felt good to find a mesh pair finally. Super happy about it! :)

Please excuse my novel.

• Like 8

20 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

First, do you have any specific GOALS for your Second Life you would like to achieve?

Yes

Second, if you have met a GOAL in Second Life, what was it

To find the Holy Grail. (I found it.)

how did it make you feel?  

So I sat there at the round table, with in front of me this Holy Grail thing and I was like: now what? And then sir Gawain suggested we'd all close our eyes and he'd hide it and we'd count to one thousand and then go look for it again.

Edited by Arduenn Schwartzman
  • Haha 7

54 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I've been wondering for hours now what GOALS stands for.

Goreans Only Act Like S**t?
Grandmas' Organization Against Lowrider Slacks?
Goats, Otters, And Lemurs Society?

This really should be a part of the 5 Letters Game thread.

What is really stands for is I need new glasses that's why I wrote it all in caps so I could see it.  I haven't been out to get new glasses because of Covid-19.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1

One of my goals in SL is to teach myself how to be more open, accepting, etc. for letting myself make mistakes. I have learned a lot over the past two years of being on here, but one thing I can't seem to learn is letting things go and accepting whatever happens at face value. Keep in mind, I am only 20, so I am using SL to my advantage to learn, grow, and thrive in these times. Cheers!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

21 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

I should have put the word "dream" in my title too...dreams are goals.  

Goal sounds like work.

Dream is a much better word. 

I dream that someday I might figure out Blender -- thought, from the last 6 months, I have little faith that the dream will ever be realized.

19 hours ago, Clover Jinx said:

"inventory management"

That's definitely a dream, at least in my world.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1387 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.