GOALS in Second Life

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1362 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 hours ago, BelindaN said:

To explore my darker side

This would probably be subjective but I have become into Vampires lately and am making Vampire shapes and other things; however, this may not be what you mean but I just wanted to share as it's interesting.  I never thought I'd be into the Vampire scene as I tend to not like anything cliche.  But, my Vamp's I just call Vamp's and they are a bit different.  I don't know where this new journey will take me but I won't be getting into the blood or bloodlines but rather imaginative shapes and other "vampy" not so cliche things albeit some of what I may do could be called a "little dark" but not bloody.   I was kind of thinking of making them like futuristic Vampire robots.  lol   It may sound funny but it's actually kind of cool as it's very imaginative.  I was inspired by someone else's work though who is an exceptional artist - so I'd give her the credit for inspiring me.  

Edited by FairreLilette

On 6/28/2020 at 9:14 PM, FairreLilette said:

do you have any specific GOALS for your Second Life you would like to achieve?

Not hugely. That's not to say it hasn't been a therapeutic part of my journey. I value it and see it as something that's 'there' if I need or can make use of it. A couple of things though..

I think any future social interaction in SL will need to be about mutual reflection of aspects of identity that I need to prioritise, accept and enjoy. So exploring that could be a 'goal' if it converges with my needs at the time.

I like SL as a set of design/building tools that are  absorbing and enjoyable: there are all sorts of RL 'projects' that will take time to realize physically but could be modelled well inworld. Also the creative potential in terms of personal presentation and comportment - I have a wellspring of ideas but SL is generally very binary/majority coded in terms of identity and presentation, so one goal could be to remember the potential to work with more liminal concepts and creativity and what that would take.

• Like 1

Learn all the things! 
 Btw, if you are bored and stuck in quarantine, I recommend MIT Open CourseWare. (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) MIT OpenCourseWare makes all the materials used in the teaching of almost all of MIT’s subjects available on the web, free of charge. You can go to their website or find them on You Tube. 2,400+ courses available.

Edited by Sardonyx Mysterious

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1362 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.