NEW THEME!! Beachy/Summery?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1163 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Lauderdale is one of two houses I love. 2 long rooms downstairs. I will use one as a dine in kitchen, and living room in the other. Front porch, loving it. The second floor will be an awesome bedroom with balcony. The other room upstairs can be a bathroom big enough to dance in, or a wall so it is one room for the wardrobe and a bath. Best on half land/half water.

I have never liked 2 houses so much in a theme before, the Tortuga fights with Lauderdale for the top pick. The big windows, lovelovelove. And also a front deck/porch and a big deck on the other side. This will look best on water, I think.

A house on only land can be good... depends 100% on the landscaping and plants around. Yes, I am more and more picky.

Edited by Marianne Little
spelling errors
  • Like 5

37 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I don't like the log home so much. I am never there. The "Beautiful abandons" thread has some amazing plots. If I get a better Traditional plot on the hunting alt, I release one of the others. I can hunt until the Beach theme is released.

I will wait with a new alt on Premium until we know the release date of course. If she does not get a good place, I take her off Premium.

Same here. I am currently making a decision to let go some of what I have - one will be kept as it's downright perfect, feels like it's own little island but-the others are all rather similar with really good water views (I mean, seriously good) and someone will be extremely satisfied with any of them.

I walked through all the stilt models last night and am so happy with all the large windows, this was my first criteria as I always feel boxed in by some of the other homes. Why build beautiful surroundings if you can't see outside? These new homes hit the mark for me, bright, open, big rooms that will be easy to re-configure with add-ons including exterior ones - some of those back elevations will easily convert to another room if wanted. It also occurred to me that while the stilts are rather thin for the home style, this too could be remedied by building something thicker around them, to give it more of a pier type support appearance. 

FYI these homes are common at the shore areas of NJ too, all down the coast in the northeast in fact - anywhere flooding is an issue. Would be a dream home for me in RL but comes with too many problems let alone insurance cost. In SL, I'll enjoy without those worries :P 

• Like 4

• Administrators

As has been mentioned, do not abandon your homes.   A quick clarification on styles and such.  There are 4 floor plans to the Stilt Home theme.   There will be two placement options offered on the home selection page of the site.  One of the selections will find the house placed where there are stairs are anchored to land, so those houses will be either the over land or maybe partially over the water for home placement.  The other option offered will be for a home fully over water (no entry stairs).   This is how you'll be able to choose witch type of placement you could select.

In general, the Stilt Homes while they are basically done and ready for deployment, we unfortunately do not have the region capacity to release them right now.  We are aiming at after the AWS project completes when region capacity becomes available to us sometime later this year.   In the mean time, we're already working on the next 3 themes after it.  Theme 7 is nearly content complete, but not set-up for deployment yet.   Then the following themes (8 and 9) are getting ready to enter content production.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 26

14 minutes ago, Patch Linden said:

As has been mentioned, do not abandon your homes.   A quick clarification on styles and such.  There are 4 floor plans to the Stilt Home theme.   There will be two placement options offered on the home selection page of the site.  One of the selections will find the house placed where there are stairs are anchored to land, so those houses will be either the over land or maybe partially over the water for home placement.  The other option offered will be for a home fully over water (no entry stairs).   This is how you'll be able to choose witch type of placement you could select.

In general, the Stilt Homes while they are basically done and ready for deployment, we unfortunately do not have the region capacity to release them right now.  We are aiming at after the AWS project completes when region capacity becomes available to us sometime later this year.   In the mean time, we're already working on the next 3 themes after it.  Theme 7 is nearly content complete, but not set-up for deployment yet.   Then the following themes (8 and 9) are getting ready to enter content production.

The bolded: I was just going to ask about the "no stairs" houses. I love the idea about water homes with no entry stairs. This will be my natural place for a boat, I think.

But the entry straight from the pier, is this a "water" house, or an "anchored to land" house? I totally LOVE this way to walk in. See image.

walk_001.jpg

• Like 8

I hope we get all the plants as a part of the content pack, and please, the pillars and ropes for railings too... low Li palm trees and the pillars and rope is just 1 Li each part! 2 ropes linked should be 1 Li... I hope. No need to use more textures for low Li railings.

This style is the best for me, so far. The Log houses lost my interest because the large windows was turned "wrong" direction for me. This is so versatile, can use both front and back for outdoor furniture, enough room and also enough water for a boat or maybe a raft.

I hope you rein in those who fills this lovely, open room with items that does not fit in.

Lovely homes, just lovely.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

I think the only one I don't see pictured in this thread yet is the Tortuga.  To me this one feels like a yacht club!

tortuga_001.thumb.png.dfcbc03749f9518f5b4edbce4fdf7d2c.png

All of them have quite nice decks.  Here's the Lauderdale from the back, complete with an Alotta :)

Lauderdale_001.thumb.png.d25c257d90504a91a41e5446385e4c80.png

The Santiago feels the most like a regular family home, to me.  Its deck is more modest.  I think this is the model Patch used in his hint pics.

santiago_001.thumb.png.71e5ef761db605e2e62336b9dde336e9.png

Great pictures! but that's Notta Mole, not Alotta Mole 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Patch Linden said:

I am thrilled to pieces! I am hoping I get one for my birthday in late August?!?!?!!

LOL

• Like 4

Managed to visit the new models, and the smaller ones seem quite appealing to me. The larger windows and open-plan layout are attractive, and the landscaping displayed is lovely to see outside the windows.
September will be great timing, presuming the cloud migration goes to plan.
It gives me plenty of time to do other things and hopefully come back to Belli in a new frame of mind.

• Like 2

My favorite are Tortuga and Havana, as they feel the most "Florida" to me.. considering Florida's majority of homes are 1-story thanks to the heat. The coast is a little different, though. You do often find 2-story stilts as the coast tends not to feel as hot thanks to the sea breeze. All 4 homes are something I can see myself using on this theme, though, so i'm glad about that. All depends on that location.

My favorite part of it all, is the fact they got the Mexican Fan Palms lol..

We have a good while to wait it sounds like, though, and i'm kind of glad for that because I can't afford that premium on my alt again just yet.

Edited by s2Pandora
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Patch Linden said:

Thanks Patch for providing a update on the upcoming LH theme schedule. 

What's with the SL17B water regions ? Can you give us any updates on that please. 

• Like 1

My favourite is the Santiago.

It doesn't look as nice as the others from the outside but it is the only one in which I would know where to place a kitchen and a bathroom.

The others look lovely and have lots of light and lots of windows but that means nearly no WALLS. Difficut to place any furniture.

3 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

The bolded: I was just going to ask about the "no stairs" houses. I love the idea about water homes with no entry stairs. This will be my natural place for a boat, I think.

But the entry straight from the pier, is this a "water" house, or an "anchored to land" house? I totally LOVE this way to walk in. See image.

Good question. Looking at them I would assume this would be an over the water one, since it technically has no entry stairs:)

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Patch Linden said:

There will be two placement options offered on the home selection page of the site.  One of the selections will find the house placed where there are stairs are anchored to land, so those houses will be either the over land or maybe partially over the water for home placement.  The other option offered will be for a home fully over water (no entry stairs).

Selecting placement! That is amazing!  So, on the land page, there will be two types of stilt homes that can come up, "Stilt-water" (no entry stairs) and "Stilt-land", where "Stilt -land" might or might not be partially over water?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Patch Linden said:

There will be two placement options offered on the home selection page of the site.  One of the selections will find the house placed where there are stairs are anchored to land, so those houses will be either the over land or maybe partially over the water for home placement.  The other option offered will be for a home fully over water (no entry stairs).   This is how you'll be able to choose witch type of placement you could select.

My wild guess is that the ones fully over water will go like hotcakes!

I wonder if the fully over water ones will just be placed off the coastlines, or if this will be done inland too, in regions where they'll create water areas for the home. If it's coast line only, then there will be less of them to go round:( 

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia

2 hours ago, Faydra Foden said:

I am thrilled to pieces! I am hoping I get one for my birthday in late August?!?!?!!

Careful, carrreeeefulllll, personally I haven't heard anything other than "fall" mentioned as a target date for AWS port completion.  And we know what can happen to engineering targets.  Incidentally, I believe @Oz Linden is the "Meet the Lindens" guest for today.  @Inara Pey's short summary of a Lab Gab in April is a great backgrounder for today's talk.

This project has been ongoing for a long time, some services are already in the cloud.  And supposedly SL will initially be confined to a single AWS center, which should help.  But I speculate that there are higher-risk elements of the port (e.g. latency at region crossings, or content changes within a crowded region [for example, like yesterday when Enchant moved and most of the 76 people waiting in Exhilarate couldn't see it]) that won't be completely wrung out until the bulk of the region servers migrate.  I don't think that's happened yet, tho I would hope they've been testing it with armies of bots wearing hair from 2010,  riding 50LI motorcycles with bot pals and animesh pets, for a while.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 1

I believe partially water will be popular, if those are connected to a pier.

But I found one land house I liked, because the land is rising in the back, so you can go from the terrace and on the ground. I would have trellis between the stilts. I think it would look good. This example is the only way I believe a lawn would look good... framed in by an edge.

57ZuWnmoxFbVrgDLMjTcdItm52jMhP3mvNsBRLzX

Trellis collage.jpg

• Like 7

Here's my wish for today:

In lieu of releasing the stilt homes anytime soon, I wish LL would deploy a single region of stilt homes (complete with home controllers) where known content creators could register to use a parcel for a week at a time.  That way, when they ARE released (possibly around Thanksgiving?), a full market of add-ons would already be available for we mere mortals to buy like crazy.

Content creators should be discouraged from posting pics of their borrowed homes and add-ons until the release actually happens, tho.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Patch said a bit ago, the homes that attach to the boardwalk/pier (no stairs) are considered "over water" parcels. "Over land" will have stairs that connect in some way to the land. And he also mentioned a fully-over-water parcel that is completely freestanding. 

(aside: I hope you don't move! I'm always pointing out YOUR decor when people come over to my much-less-interesting home next door!) 😆

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1163 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.