NEW THEME!! Beachy/Summery?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1154 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I sort of feel underwhelmed by these homes don't know how i'd use the space inside not made keen on the lack of interior doors makes them feel too open plan will need to demo them more. I know they are American style again but local to me there are ramshackle looking Shacks/Chalets/Cabins/Huts along the lines of the bungalow styles on the edge of water never fancied the idea of living in one though

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I'm back checking out the homes again, and note that the Santiago model has balconies on the front AND back sides! The other  models don't have that feature. 

ETA: Love the sliding doors!

Snapshot_001.jpg

Snapshot_002.jpg

Balconies on both sides makes it really versatile.  More chances to make use of the views 😊👍

• Like 5

I got a long look at the houses. I can see where I would really enjoy one *IF* it were on the right parcel. I think I have grown really picky in my old age. They are nice and I look forward to seeing what everyone does with theirs when the time comes.

New Linden Homes - Stilted Beach Houses Part1New Linden Homes - Stilted Beach Houses Part2

New Linden Homes - Stilted Beach Houses Part3

New Linden Homes - Stilted Beach Houses Part4New Linden Homes - Stilted Beach Houses Part6

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

From looking at forum photos, these are more different than I had feared, which is a good thing.
Loving the palm trees.
As someone above said the lot  (and outlook) will make all the difference.
Water is a good thing.
The possibility of having mixed landscapes, ie sand / water / land is a good thing.

As a design these look oddly 'top-heavy' to me, big house on thin legs, but that may be lack of familiarity with the style. The original houses could look like that as well.
It's american uh-gain, sigh. However, I think 'american' is going to continue to be the style of Belli, and a strong theme isn't a bad thing.

Overall, I think there's enough here to get people interested, and the ultimate success depends on the landscaping, and the density with which these are placed. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Havana is small but has plenty of deck space. I like small ones like this because I can clutter them up better. :) 

Snapshot_001.jpg

I am super excited: more abandoned Cabins for meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! Please everyone, start letting them go so you can have your avis ready on time for the new release, a good advanced planning is highly recommended xDxDxDxDxD 

• Like 4
  • Haha 9

The LH Demo region seems much quieter this morning so I decided to take some new photos of the area. I don't understand why there are SL17B water regions around the birthday regions. Any ideas ?

If the lab does this next year for SL18B then they should have more than just one demo region. It was very laggy last night and there was over 70+ residents waiting at the border to get in. 

116178310_Newthemelaunching.PNG.19274932aa4767d393f14e76eebbd199.PNG

1005912013_Stilthome_001.thumb.jpg.9df45ac868c23da1cf5037f5f302ad17.jpg

666561736_SL17BEnchant_001.thumb.jpg.194b94e2540e6367d91c6d6a39e9f2a3.jpg

1085648923_Stilthome_007.thumb.jpg.ddfbe29d194beeee33293082b949ef84.jpg

1506317538_LH-StiltHouses-TortugaOLv0.03_004.thumb.jpg.17c3252b49c5337886c0bd66db71507f.jpg

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

As a design these look oddly 'top-heavy' to me, big house on thin legs, but that may be lack of familiarity with the style. The original houses could look like that as well.

I did a Google search, and found plenty of pictures. The Linden versions have the general style, but do have very thin legs. The open-water houses, such as a place called Stiltsville, have thicker legs.

Real-world, eyeballing pictures and plans and stuff, 250mm (10 inches) looks a reasonable minimum for the main structure, but Second Life scale can be a bit strange, with the height of avatars. It does look like an extension of the normal timber framing, but the stilts look "earth-fast" in some cases, and would need some extra thickness because of damp and rot over time.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Well, after seeing them, I do not only let the Log home go, but maybe the Victorian too. I am certain I will set one homeless alt to Premium so I have 2 or 3 to try with.

Exactly the same refers to me!

So let the games begin! ;)

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 4

Wow, I love these! Tick most of the boxes I wanted - by/on water, open plan, lots of windows - yay!:) First theme that is actually tempting me to move from my houseboat. My only reservation is the final spacing between each home. Houseboats can be too jammed packed together (usually the long plots feel like that), so I'm wondering if the demo area acurately reflects the distancing we'll see between each home in the final builds. And I hope there will be enough of them that are positioned on the water to go round, rather than the majority inland. I hope these won't be so popular so I can get one! LOL.

Gotta go think about packing up ready for whenever the release is 😀 (yeah, I know it's probably not soon).

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 3

Love!  I'm so happy and excited. And FLOORED. This was my dearest wish for a LH home.

I live in a stilt home in Florida. (...But not on the beach. I wish!) For those who don't know stilt homes, or have never seen them before, YES they do look that way! Skinny "legs" and top heavy. lol  It's really just a wooden home jacked up off the ground to avoid flooding. These kinds of homes can be found in Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Florida, Georgia, the Carolinas, Bermuda and the Caribbean!  Linden Labs got it perfect, a Linden Lab's take on the stilt home style. It works. Well done Moles!!  *claps*  

I love the little details, like sand on the edge of the road. Seastar on a pillar. Fish and seashell lightpost. The Boatbar...  The Palms, sago palms, cabbage palms... All wonderful. It just makes me smile so much.

AtvjvrbOEMKxuvgtrWOPG89rqNK_lg.jpg

B4B0ClwGyhZFZYELqXqCljHlens_lg.jpg 2QKRj9YEspP1RBuBllg6xqMlLno_lg.jpgyZFOTWqUgUGSbBMrNtjFkKfQcJ3_lg.jpg

The Tortuga is my current favorite home style. Nice open rooms. And because its only 1 story. (I do NOT need a lot of interiors, it just eats LI. I'm more about outdoors.) So Tortuga 1 story with giant porch for the win. And if it has shoreline or Water, that would be wonderful because you can rez a boat or jetski.  

Edited by DevinVaughn
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

Well, after seeing them, I do not only let the Log home go, but maybe the Victorian too. I am certain I will set one homeless alt to Premium so I have 2 or 3 to try with.

I hope you realize that these new homes will probably not being released till fall/early winter?  Patch said that they will not do any big releases till after they are done moving everything to the cloud,  because they have run out of new regions. He said that they might do a release of 2 new themes at once (the stilt houses and the next theme) in early winter.

Just to save you the disappointment of abandoning a nice home for nothing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, xViXeNx71 said:

I hope you realize that these new homes will probably not being released till fall/early winter?  Patch said that they will not do any big releases till after they are done moving everything to the cloud,  because they have run out of new regions. He said that they might do a release of 2 new themes at once (the stilt houses and the next theme) in early winter.

Very true, I was a bit disappointed when I heard him say it won't be till the AWS stuff is done. That's a long time to wait:( But at least we know what's coming. I just hope they release enough - don't want to go through what I did to get my current home again...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Very true, I was a bit disappointed when I heard him say it won't be till the AWS stuff is done. That's a long time to wait:( But at least we know what's coming. I just hope they release enough - don't want to go through what I did to get my current home again...

I think Patch said that it will be about the same amount of homes as the loghomes, so that should be plenty to be able to catch one, for at least a little while.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Wow, I love these! Tick most of the boxes I wanted - by/on water, open plan, lots of windows - yay!:) First theme that is actually tempting me to move from my houseboat. My only reservation is the final spacing between each home. Houseboats can be too jammed packed together (usually the long plots feel like that), so I'm wondering if the demo area acurately reflects the distancing we'll see between each home in the final builds. And I hope there will be enough of them that are positioned on the water to go round, rather than the majority inland. I hope these won't be so popular so I can get one! LOL.

Gotta go think about packing up ready for whenever the release is 😀 (yeah, I know it's probably not soon).

The previous 2 demo areas had longer distance between the homes than the actual regions. So do not hope for that*. I think it was that way with both the Log houses and the Victorians. I can not remember how the Traditionals demo area was. I was so exited that I probably did not notice, lol.

It is better than the long, narrow houseboat plots anyway.

*I am happy if I am wrong now.

Edited by Marianne Little
changed a few words to clarify
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

The previous 2 demo areas had longer distance between the homes than the actual regions. So do not hope for that*. I think it was that way with both the Log houses and the Victorians. I can not remember how the Traditionals demo area was. I was so exited that I probably did not notice, lol.

It is better than the long, narrow houseboat plots anyway.

*I am happy if I am wrong now.

Thanks, yes that's what I seem to remember, but could be wrong. Agree about the narrow houseboat plots:)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xViXeNx71 said:

I don't like the log home so much. I am never there. The "Beautiful abandons" thread has some amazing plots. If I get a better Traditional plot on the hunting alt, I release one of the others. I can hunt until the Beach theme is released.

I will wait with a new alt on Premium until we know the release date of course. If she does not get a good place, I take her off Premium.

Edited by Marianne Little
added the last part
  • Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1154 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.