NEW THEME!! Beachy/Summery?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1204 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

However...in the interview on Lab Gab the other week he said the uplift wasn't a factor in LH release (about 48:00)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5DqvOcdFQI

The uplift itself, perhaps not. But the fall out, the issues with rezzing and such, I think would be, and it is those issue they are working on now. Why add more potential issues when you are already ironing out a bunch of them? That makes no sense to me.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

However...in the interview on Lab Gab the other week he said the uplift wasn't a factor in LH release (about 48:00)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5DqvOcdFQI

That was early Nov, before they had completed all of the region migrations and before we were experiencing some of the fallout from the migration.

Patch's comment last week specifically said that the Uplift stuff was not directly related to the things they were doing with Linden Home, but might prevent them from doing any releases.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hmmm.  Le sigh.  I wonder, when LL tosses a whole bunch of regions into queues for release, is the Grid Poking Bot involved?  It's been one sick puppy for quite a while now.

Week after next is Christmas week.  If they can't release the stilts next week, I'm thinking the next window will probably start January 4th.

Which would at least be a nice way to start out 2021.  How do I feel about 2020?  Well, in case there's a person on the planet who hasn't seen these commercials:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Week after next is Christmas week.  If they can't release the stilts next week, I'm thinking the next window will probably start January 4th.

Given this, I think they will try really hard for next week.  If I'm remembering correctly, they did the Log Home release the week before Christmas last year.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I'm thinking next week at the earliest. Prior releases have been around mid-month if I remember correctly, and with everything else going on with the grid, this week just seems unlikely to me.

I don't think they'll release that close to Christmas. If not this week, then it'll be mid-January.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Here's Leora's list of past release dates:

ETA: I remember it was Vics the week before Christmas last year, because they were released on my birthday.  :) 

Ahhh, knew it was something.  It feels like FOREVER since the Log Homes were released and double forever since the Vics, which is why I was thinking it was Log Homes this time last year.  

The oddities of 2020 time

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Here's Leora's list of past release dates:

ETA: I remember it was Vics the week before Christmas last year, because they were released on my birthday.  :) 

I am trying to make my own Excel sheet to keep track of announcements and release dates; collecting bits from Leora Jacobus' memory and records and from anyone else who posts.  Thanks to all the elders, ancestors and archivists!!  Thanks to all who know and follow these things.  One question:  are new themes typically announced during the annual birthday events and the holiday expo, as in 2020?  :D

• Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

I am trying to make my own Excel sheet to keep track of announcements and release dates; collecting bits from Leora Jacobus' memory and records and from anyone else who posts.  Thanks to all the elders, ancestors and archivists!!  Thanks to all who know and follow these things.  One question:  are new themes typically announced during the annual birthday events and the holiday expo, as in 2020?  :D

The first announcement/reveal was the Traditionals and Houseboats together at the Home & Garden show in early 2019.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RitaCallisto said:

IF(and big if) they can get things stabilized by next week, it is a possibility. Vics came out on my birthday last year. Considering though.. I'll side with the early Jan folks.

We must share a birthday, because Vics came out on my birthday last year. :)

So I am going to put my bet on the same day for the Stilts, unlikely though it may be...

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Marisa Starbrook said:

Today’s my 14th Rez day. It would have been cool if the stilts would have been released today. I enjoyed that long release of Vics last year, though. Looking forward to beautiful abandons. 🌟

Happy Rez Day! I hope you get a (belated) gift of stilts very soon! (Also....wow, 14 years! Awesome :) )

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Yeah new Linden Home themes are announced during the annual birthday events and expo events (home & garden expo & sl christmas expo). 

Announcements/Releases

Chalet Homes - Announced at SL Christmas Expo (December 2020) - Reveal on 4th December - Still waiting for official release date 

Stilt Homes - Announced at SL17B (June 2020) - Reveal on 24th June - still waiting for official release date 

Log Homes - Announced at the SL Home & Garden Expo (February 2020)Released on 1st April 2020

Victorian Homes - Announced early December 2019 Released on 16th December 2019

Trailers/Campers - Announced at SL16B (June 2019) - Released on 16th September 2019

Traditional & Houseboats - Announced at SL Home & Garden Expo (15th March 2019) - Released on 15th April 2019 

• Themes 8 to 11 - to be announced in the distant future. 
  • Home & Garden Expo - February 2021
  • SL Birthday - June 2021
  • SL Christmas Expo - December 2021
Edited by Daniel Voyager
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 6

To add: The introduction of the linden homes (traditional and houseboats) was at the Home & Garden Expo,  April 15th 2019.

Edit: it was March 15th for the reveal at the Expo. The expo ran from March 15th until April 7th. 

Edited by Christhiana
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Inara Pey has published her summary of today's server user group meeting.

Notably, Rider Linden said:

So. We’re just about done with the tight sequence of rolls. Tomorrow [Wednesday  8th] we should be doing the main channel again, and then all will be right with the world. We are hoping that that is the final roll of the year. In January we should be back onto our regular Tuesday/Wednesday schedule. We know that the packed schedule has been disruptive over the last week, so thank you for being patient with us.

"All will be right with the world" does not imply that everything is fixed; notably, the inworld map will not be fixed yet, and they're going to be doing a couple of 'login maintenance' sessions.  One can hope that Rider means that the uplifted grid will be stable enough to not require emergency fixes during the holidays.  Does that mean it will be stable enough to release the stilts next week?  Possibly Patch is wondering the same thing :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1204 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.