NEW THEME!! Beachy/Summery?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1154 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've pretty much given up on the new release. No official word in over a month except word of mouth from a chat that you may catch if you are logged in or happen across the right thread on the forums.

Map tiles are a big issue that hasn't been looked at and its quite annoying when you are trying to get anywhere. Lag has been horrible since they switched servers. Been pretty much staying in the sky to try and counter act the lag.

Today had a login issue that I was not able to log into my dashboard but every alt could. Contacted support because I am a premium member and was told to check the status page for it to show me that the issue was "fixed" yesterday. Told the person this and they said sorry but so far there is no work around and no tickets. I scratched my head since I came to them with an issue, and was told there was nothing they can do but sorry. I then went to marketplace website, logged out and logged in with this account, went back to the SL website and was able to log in again.

Just not excited about SL as much lately.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brilynn Roussel said:

Today had a login issue that I was not able to log into my dashboard but every alt could. Contacted support because I am a premium member and was told to check the status page for it to show me that the issue was "fixed" yesterday. Told the person this and they said sorry but so far there is no work around and no tickets. I scratched my head since I came to them with an issue, and was told there was nothing they can do but sorry. I then went to marketplace website, logged out and logged in with this account, went back to the SL website and was able to log in again.

It's on the official status page now, so looks like they are actively working on it:

https://status.secondlifegrid.net/incidents/8qssywpq44nv

52 minutes ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

I decided to save money and let my alt expire. Stilts 2021 maybe. I’ve already wasted money renewing premium thinking it was going back in November lol 

I managed to stop a year renewal for my alt in the last minute, and changed it to monthly. I am keeping her a bit longer. I don't have time to clean up the mainland place she holds until Christmas is over.

LL has had some Premium campaigns before with reduced prices, if they did it now, I would keep it Premium a bit longer.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

LL never start a release in the weekend, do they?

I’ve already had one Christmas miracle today. I actually got 8 hours of sleep last night and woke up refreshed. The stress of 2020 has limited my ability to get restorative rest. I was surprised when there was a release on Labor Day last year. I didn’t think the Lindens would do one on a federal holiday. That’s a big weekend in the U.S.. Anything is possible.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

LL never start a release in the weekend, do they?

No - they need people from many departments and they are not going to make the regular folks work on the weekend just so they could do a release.

ETA:  Given the thread title, I assume you were talking about the Stilt homes, rather than another region of an existing Theme.  I'm not sure how many people & departments are needed for releasing a single region of a Theme already out there.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

15 minutes ago, Marisa Starbrook said:

I was surprised when there was a release on Labor Day last year. I didn’t think the Lindens would do one on a federal holiday. That’s a big weekend in the U.S.. Anything is possible.

That was just one or more regions in an already established Theme.  A new Theme takes more people from more areas, with all sorts of things that can go wrong.

32 minutes ago, Marisa Starbrook said:

I’ve already had one Christmas miracle today. I actually got 8 hours of sleep last night and woke up refreshed. The stress of 2020 has limited my ability to get restorative rest. I was surprised when there was a release on Labor Day last year. I didn’t think the Lindens would do one on a federal holiday. That’s a big weekend in the U.S.. Anything is possible.

They have released on many holidays. Even though they once said they would never release on a holiday.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

No - they need people from many departments and they are not going to make the regular folks work on the weekend just so they could do a release.

ETA:  Given the thread title, I assume you were talking about the Stilt homes, rather than another region of an existing Theme.  I'm not sure how many people & departments are needed for releasing a single region of a Theme already out there.

Yes, I meant a new Theme, not a region in an already released Theme like Log Homes or others.

I have been too busy with baking and Christmas preparations (in RL) to log in so much. But I have seen in the forum that it has been glitches with the website and region problems.

I am 50/50 believing in a Stilt theme release before 2021 now. Because I believe SL and the website should be running smoothly before such a big event as a new Theme release. But I don't know how fast issues is worked out, so I am clueless... Yes, a release in 2020? No release in 2020? I have no idea what I believe now.

• Like 5

i gave up bought land to build my festive house on , just why were the stilts even shown to us so far from any sniff of release ? like the whole of 2020 ,just gives me the creeps (((  nnnoooo I clearly meant EEPPPS  !!  thank the Gods my prayers have been answered , thank you Patch Linden )))

Edited by Babettia
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Babettia said:

i gave up bought land to build my festive house on , just why were the stilts even shown to us so far from any sniff of release ? like the whole of 2020 ,just gives me the creeps 

Because the Linden Homes team clearly had no idea how much disruption would be caused by cloud uplift.

Makes more sense to launch a beachy theme in the spring anyway, if you ask me.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Babettia said:

i gave up bought land to build my festive house on , just why were the stilts even shown to us so far from any sniff of release ? like the whole of 2020 ,just gives me the creeps 

Because most people enjoy knowing what themes will be coming in the future?

It's really not an evil plan on the part of LL. 😂

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

https://www.flickr.com/photos/patchlinden/50740900757/in/dateposted/

The Stilts will come out...

...tomorrow

Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow,

There'll be stilts....

Just thinkin' about,

Tomorrow,

Clears away the cobwebs, and the sorrow...

'Til there's none.

When I'm stuck with a day

That's gray, and lonely,

I just stick out my chin,

And grin, and say, oh....

The stilts'll come out tomorrow

So ya gotta hang on'til tomorrow,

Come what may,

Tomorrow, tomorrow,

I love ya!

Tomorrow!

You're always a day a way!

The stilts will come out tomorrow,

So ya gotta hang on'til tomorrow,

Come what may,

Tomorrow, tomorrow,

I love ya!

Tomorrow!

You're always a day a way!

Tomorrow tomorrow

I love ya, Tomorrow!

[Giant Disclaimer™ - if everything goes according to plan]

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1154 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.