NEW THEME!! Beachy/Summery?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1161 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Malayaa said:

Patch posted a notice in Belli Citizens group, and maybe other places, the demo region from SL17B for the stilts is reopened for a limited time, "for a few days" so go get your beachy fix  

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SL17B Enchant/245/130/24

It would have been nice to have him post it in the forums as well. One of my alts is in that group.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/30/2020 at 10:18 PM, Malayaa said:

Patch posted a notice in Belli Citizens group, and maybe other places, the demo region from SL17B for the stilts is reopened for a limited time, "for a few days" so go get your beachy fix  

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SL17B Enchant/245/130/24

It is so great being able to take a look at it again. Makes it easier to get inspired. Although my final decision would heavily depend on what the makers come up with in terms of add-ons. Especially for... I think its the Tortuga(?). Super nice layout outside, but inside there is this wide open room thats no good or anything at that size and odd shape.

1 hour ago, Syo Emerald said:

Especially for... I think its the Tortuga(?). Super nice layout outside, but inside there is this wide open room thats no good or anything at that size and odd shape.

Different strokes, the Tortuga's my favorite of the stilt homes precisely because of that open layout!  Particularly if the final textures are not baked in a way as to make them impossible to match, and someone makes matching moldings. 

IIRC, the color system that they used for the Vics and Logs were very easy to match, yes?  They supplied a base texture that they, like we, just tinted to get different walls, with materials that we could apply?

I'm a real fan of half-wall and planter dividers to create living areas of different shapes.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Syo Emerald said:

It is so great being able to take a look at it again. Makes it easier to get inspired... I think its the Tortuga(?). Super nice layout outside, but inside there is this wide open room thats no good or anything at that size and odd shape.

I agree, it's great to be able to take a another look. I like the Tortuga too, and love that we finally have something open plan with big windows (love, love, love it!) but yes that space seems enormous. It's great though for those who do want the option to divide it up to make smaller rooms if they wish, and so I guess ads a certain amount of flexibility in that respect.  I'm trying to envision how I'm gonna place the furniture or divide it up.

I wish we had modular style homes where we could just bolt together different rooms to the configuration we want:) Maybe for the next round of LH homes in 10-15 years....?😁

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

I agree, it's great to be able to take a another look. I like the Tortuga too, and love that we finally have something open plan with big windows (love, love, love it!) but yes that space seems enormous. It's great though for those who do want the option to divide it up to make smaller rooms if they wish, and so I guess ads a certain amount of flexibility in that respect.  I'm trying to envision how I'm gonna place the furniture or divide it up.

I wish we had modular style homes where we could just bolt together different rooms to the configuration we want:) Maybe for the next round of LH homes in 10-15 years....?😁

The windows are great indeed (although I'd like them to be even wider, instead of multiple ones next to each other, like in some houseboat designs) and I do agree, that separating the room yourself could be good, but right now I'm just standing in it, wondering what to do/how to cut it up.

Edited by Syo Emerald
  • Like 1

Some of those region names though! lol

Jamaica me crazy

Nauti Dolphin

Marlin Monroe

Tide Dyed

Swim Shady

Salmon and Gillfunkel

Occupensea

Oceans Prey

Translucensea

Transparensea

Residensea

Yeah Buoy

Otter Limits

Galleyoop

Getmah Drift

Littoral Treasure

Really Wet

Too Salty

Edited by RitaCallisto
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

I just took a tour of the stilts to remind me of the layouts.  Each one has something to offer.  The Lauderdale is the largest I think.  The Havana is small but the decks are great and I love that rear covered area.  The Tortuga has the best open plan and I think that large area would make a great living/kitchen/dining  combo especially if the kitchen opens out to the rear deck for more dining.  Love all the windows.  The Santiago has upper decks off both rooms upstairs, which would make a great master en suite.    I'm not sure I want open water all around me.  I think I'll try for partial water/land.  Just have to wait and see what my alts capture.  

• Like 6

Now might be a good time to remember that the Stilt Homes will look a little unusual on the land page, in that there will be 2 placement options to choose from.

On 6/24/2020 at 5:24 AM, Patch Linden said:

... There are 4 floor plans to the Stilt Home theme.   There will be two placement options offered on the home selection page of the site.  One of the selections will find the house placed where there are stairs are anchored to land, so those houses will be either the over land or maybe partially over the water for home placement.  The other option offered will be for a home fully over water (no entry stairs).   This is how you'll be able to choose witch type of placement you could select.

In subsequent discussion, @Sylvia Tamalyn pointed out that the demo homes have either "OW" (for 'over water') or "OL" in their descriptions.  These labels seemed to indicate that Stilt Homes attached to docks are designated as "OW", as well as the ones over water that are not attached to anything.

• Like 6

On 11/8/2020 at 10:00 PM, Nika Talaj said:

In subsequent discussion, @Sylvia Tamalyn pointed out that the demo homes have either "OW" (for 'over water') or "OL" in their descriptions.  These labels seemed to indicate that Stilt Homes attached to docks are designated as "OW", as well as the ones over water that are not attached to anything.

I forsee a lot of game of homes in the future. 

One category can mean a lot of different set ups. I'm personally not interested in a stilt home, that sits completely in open water and not really fond of one completely on land either.However, something with the butt in the water or attached to a pier would be great.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Syo Emerald said:

I forsee a lot of game of homes in the future. 

One category can mean a lot of different set ups. I'm personally not interested in a stilt home, that sits completely in open water and not really fond of one completely on land either.However, something with the butt in the water or attached to a pier would be great.

That would be my ideal too!

• Like 3

Updated Stilt regions map including the new regions added Wed/Thurs. Unfortunately, several of them refused to rez apart from their names, but Nika's map shows them in greater detail. (The bulk of the map was screengrabbed yesterday, so the border colors are not up to date.)

stiltmapUPDATED_THU.jpg

nikamap.JPG

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I know this was posted before, but I can't find it right now...

Could someone please explain again which of the new homes will be OL (on land) and OW (on water)? If I remember correctly there are the ones completely on land, half land/half water, completely on water and the ones with the entrance via the docks...?
I just want to make sure to click for the right one when they come out. 😅

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1161 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.