NEW THEME!! Beachy/Summery?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1175 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I hoped for THIS week, but today at around 10 am slt I will finally give up that hope! 😞

Next hope is NEXT week. Monday 14th earliest Wedneday 16th latest ...

... which means my two hunting alts will have to renew for another month on 15th ... but I guess I will let them run out ... and only renew when I SEE the first Stilt on the LAND PAGE!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/8/2020 at 10:05 AM, Daniel Voyager said:

Yeah new Linden Home themes are announced during the annual birthday events and expo events (home & garden expo & sl christmas expo). 

Announcements/Releases

Chalet Homes - Announced at SL Christmas Expo (December 2020) - Reveal on 4th December - Still waiting for official release date 

Stilt Homes - Announced at SL17B (June 2020) - Reveal on 24th June - still waiting for official release date 

Log Homes - Announced at the SL Home & Garden Expo (February 2020)Released on 1st April 2020

Victorian Homes - Announced early December 2019 Released on 16th December 2019

Trailers/Campers - Announced at SL16B (June 2019) - Released on 16th September 2019

Traditional & Houseboats - Announced at SL Home & Garden Expo (15th March 2019) - Released on 15th April 2019 

• Themes 8 to 11 - to be announced in the distant future. 
  • Home & Garden Expo - February 2021
  • SL Birthday - June 2021
  • SL Christmas Expo - December 2021

Most of these dates are on a Monday. Except for 1st April 2020 which was a wendsday

Edited by Shinzon Fang
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Inara Pey has published her summary of today's server user group meeting.

Notably, Rider Linden said:

"All will be right with the world" does not imply that everything is fixed; notably, the inworld map will not be fixed yet, and they're going to be doing a couple of 'login maintenance' sessions.  One can hope that Rider means that the uplifted grid will be stable enough to not require emergency fixes during the holidays.  Does that mean it will be stable enough to release the stilts next week?  Possibly Patch is wondering the same thing :)

"All will be right with the world" says to me they'll be back to their usual routine and things will be heading in the right direction. Though with a lack of a lark on the wing or a snail on the thorn, I may be wrong with the Robert Browning connection. Moles on the grid would work in place of larks and snails possibly.  I do like the idea of Linden gods watching over it all though. I shall stop with the analogies now :D

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, Mariska Lysette said:

"All will be right with the world" says to me they'll be back to their usual routine and things will be heading in the right direction. Though with a lack of a lark on the wing or a snail on the thorn, I may be wrong with the Robert Browning connection. Moles on the grid would work in place of larks and snails possibly.  I do like the idea of Linden gods watching over it all though. I shall stop with the analogies now :D

I would imagine sometime next week 14th to 20th December would be a good time for the Stilt release. 

I don't think it will happen during the Christmas week or the last week of 2020. The Lab could surprise everyone who knows. 

The next opportunity would be the first or second week in January 2021 after the holidays. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Daniel Voyager said:

I would imagine sometime next week 14th to 20th December would be a good time for the Stilt release. 

I don't think it will happen during the Christmas week or the last week of 2020. The Lab could surprise everyone who knows. 

The next opportunity would be the first or second week in January 2021 after the holidays. 

Oh, I'd agree/hope with next week for stilt releases. I was just enjoying Rider Linden pinching  the Robert Browning quote - there is poetry to be found in everything :)

• Like 3

I'm wondering about the support burden a Stilt release would incur if grid performance were not pretty stable, and I'm thinking that I really wouldn't be surprised if LL decided to hold the Stilts until January.  My only evidence for this emerging feeling is on the order of tea leaves:

In response to a question on the Server Deploy Plan thread about whether LL would be returning to the normal rolling restart schedule, Oz responded:

On 12/9/2020 at 7:21 AM, Oz Linden said:

That is the plan, but we may yet have a few more weeks of irregular restarts. We regret the inconvenience.

A little earlier there was this exchange.  Henri, the longtime developer of the Cool Viewer, is (I believe) still based in France. To him (and to me) this indicates that AWS performance may oscillate in ways that LL will have to dig deep to understand. 

oz.thumb.JPG.11a09ec49fcba69f4eba789d66db4777.JPG

Then there's the odd region behavior Lelutka reported as they tried to keep their new gift head region up yesterday.  I feel badly for Lelutka that their gift has resulted in a magnificent region stress test, lol.  TP Hammers are an estate manager's nightmare and a QA engineer's dream.

Reading the persistent idiotic questions in Lelutka's group, I feel like we have a little window into the support storm that might occur if the Stilts release didn't go smoothly.  Of course, LL has actual DATA that can guide their decision as to whether to do the Stilt release or hold.  I do not envy Patch that decision.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Nika Talaj said:

I'm wondering about the support burden a Stilt release would incur if grid performance were not pretty stable, and I'm thinking that I really wouldn't be surprised if LL decided to hold the Stilts until January. 

Hmm, yes when I came across Oz's comment my first thought was that perhaps this might mean no Stilt release for some weeks. I'll be really disappointed if it's not before Christmas. But I'll just have to put my patience pants on...😞. It feels like being a kid in a car constantly saying "Are we there yet" ...:)

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Hmm, yes when I came across Oz's comment my first thought was that perhaps this might mean no Stilt release for some weeks. I'll be really disappointed if it's not before Christmas. But I'll just have to put my patience pants on...😞.

During "Pose with Santa Patch" yesterday at the Christmas Expo, Patch would ask everyone what they wanted for Christmas, and a few people said a stilt release. His reply was something like "I'll see what I can do!" (paraphrased, my local chat history is AWOL). Not officially confirming of course, but possibly hinting at a before-Christmas release :) 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

Didn't he say release before "the holidays", which by definition is thanksgiving, christmas (and all the other religious holidays around christmas).

I don't remember him saying that, do you have a quote?  If it was before about Nov. 17th, I wouldn't be counting on it.  Things began to look a little iffy with uplift around then, and I think Patch's comment about plans going "out the winder" came around Thanksgiving.  Can't find it at this moment.

• Like 2

The Lindens' goal was to release before the end of the year (based on past quotes), but at this point I think it's quite possible they don't even know if they can - maybe the effects of uplift e,g. Oz's comments about lots of restarts being possible for some weeks yet, are making things a bit up in the air ( no pun intended) in terms of being able to schedule a firm date at the moment on their calendar. It's frustrating because it seems like such a long time since the preview, but I'm sure they want to give them to us as soon as they can, and are doing what they can to make that happen. I really hope it won't be after Christmas though :( 

• Like 3

Now I think the dice can roll all ways since Lelutka had problems with odd region behavior... I did not know know that until I read the posts over.

Does LL wait with the Stilts? I was so sure they will be released just after the Christmas Expo.

But now I am only 33% sure of a release the coming week, 33% sure it will happen later, but before New Years Eve, and 33% sure of early January release.

Anything goes.

• Like 1

Just now, Marianne Little said:

But now I am only 33% sure of a release the coming week, 33% sure it will happen later, but before New Years Eve, and 33% sure of early January release.

Given how pretty much all companies feel about support issues during the holidays, if it does not happen next week, I'd put all of my money on it not happening until after the New Year.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Given how pretty much all companies feel about support issues during the holidays, if it does not happen next week, I'd put all of my money on it not happening until after the New Year.

I could try to dig back in the threads, but didn't we get the Victorians just a day or two before Christmas? I believe (and my memory isn't 100% reliable) that we were very surprised.

11 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I could try to dig back in the threads, but didn't we get the Victorians just a day or two before Christmas? I believe (and my memory isn't 100% reliable) that we were very surprised.

It was the week of Dec 16th last year - the week before Christmas.  Don't remember exactly which day that week.

Comparing pending releases to previous ones is somewhat pointless, as there are way too many variables involved, and as has been suggested by multiple sources, the uplift to the cloud has complicated things this time. 

I don't think there is concern about the stability of the new regions themselves, as they should not be considerably different than the residential regions that are already occupied.  I think the delay is due to work being done on issues that impact the grid overall, and dealing with ongoing factors related to the uplift,  While these are mostly invisible to the end user, they take time and resources away from projects, such as doing a major multi-region release of a new home theme. 

Holidays and support staff schedules are also part of the equation, but I personally get the impression that things are not far enough along to where these are the primary concern yet.  

Suggested release schedules should always be taken with a grain of salt.  There are simply too many moving parts to know with any degree of certainty when a release will actually start until they are on the proverbial launch pad, and have completed the "go/no go" stage.

None of this should be earthshattering news to anyone, as my words are just a regurgitated paraphrased summary of the things that have been said by others.  You can continue to hang on every word or phrase offered by moles and Lindens if you choose, and it certainly doesn't harm anyone if you want to analyze the timing of previous releases. 

As for me, I'm toying with the idea of nostalgically dressing up an old Tahoe, while setting my expectations that I won't get to decorate a stilt home until sometime next month.  I would love to be pleasantly surprised by seeing them released next week, and it is certainly within the realm of possibility, but obviously I'm not overly optimistic about it.  As always, hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.    

• Like 5

Something that just came into my mind, after looking through the pictures again (yes, I love to already imagine how to decorate every room): Do we already know how customizeable they will be? I love dark colours. It would be kinda sad, if we are limited to bubble gum colours on the inside walls.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1175 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.