You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1491 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 minutes ago, Grumpity Linden said:

One of our major providers has confirmed a fiber cut. In two places! The backhoe has been seriously busy - must be taking advantage of how little traffic there is? 

Just a note to let you know that it doesn't matter which account you're trying.  It's just dumb luck for when you do manage to log in... 

This is one of those occasions where the "OH NOES!" gesture that your forum profile pic seems to be striking seems very apt indeed.

1157508568_GrumpityLindenProfilePicBlank.JPG.97ea1e217d1e04c95726ab68eac06cf1.JPG

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, CaerolleClaudel said:

OT, but if you have a really old main, and you start a new account, and only log into the main to raid her Lindens from the Premium payout, which one is really the alt? Next level of complication, what if you mostly only log in to steal money from what was your original account so you can go to you Sister in your original accounts clan to donate the purloined funds?

whew...

Hope everyone gets SL to work eventually!!! :)

Nope.  Don't do that.  My original account is my main account.  My alts are mostly to test things out on.

6 minutes ago, CaerolleClaudel said:

They need to make the fibre optic cable casings out of the stuff they use to make the black boxes in airplanes. Or run them in thick iron pipes.

You know all of those Hollywood disaster / alien invasion / dystopian attack movies that employ an (inaccurate) version of an electro-magnetic pulse to disrupt power and communications around the world?

The scenarios are all too high-tech. Clearly, all that is really required is a good spade or pneumatic drill and a set of heavy-duty wire cutters.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

what shall we do with the downgoin' traffic, what shall we do with the downgoin' traffic, 
what shall we do with the downgoin' traffic, on early Tuesday eeeev'ning?

Let's build some detours quickly, let's roam on different highways, 
let's just store up our data until Wednesday moooornin'

Hooray it will be rising, hooray it will be rising, as long as we're now waiting let us join our RL!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, InventedSuicide said:

Strange.. half my friends are online :( I miss them.... in other news, I’ve received a random 5k L$ in my account... not sure if this is from SL or if somebody has purchased them /transferred them for me??

Be careful! This technique has been used to grief people in the past. Check your Account->L$ Transaction History (upper left of your web dashboard) to see where the money came from. If you don't recognize the person, file an abuse report against Governor Linden and explain that L$5K has mysteriously appeared in your account. LL will look into it.

Here's how to file an AR... 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Be careful! This technique has been used to grief people in the past. Check your Account->L$ Transaction History (upper left of your web dashboard) to see where the money came from. If you don't recognize the person, file an abuse report against Governor Linden and explain that L$5K has mysteriously appeared in your account. LL will look into it.

Here's how to file an AR... 

Weird... nothing in my transaction history but I have found this (the Credit) which I’ve never seen before... nor do I have a clue where it’s come from? Which is really weird cause surely they’d add up to roughly 9000 L but I only have 7500?? Uber confusing...

EA94BB86-6958-48D7-90DD-DCBC9167846E.jpeg

Edited by InventedSuicide

3 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

grumbles

Now I have no excuse not to put on pants and leave the house for the essentials... Oreos and ice cream.

At least it's sunny outside. Nice weather for a pandemic.

oh! Glad I read this. I have a grocery delivery scheduled for a few days from now and I totally forgot the Lemon Oreos! I ordered them last time but something seems to have happened to them and I can't find them. 😐  I ate them. And what are pants?

Instacart enabled, Oreos added.

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1491 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.