Would you date your avatar?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1467 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I appear to be in the minority, but I'd date myself in a hot (hawt?) minute. :) But I can't imagine a male version of me (and please, no attempts like you did with Scylla). But that's ok. And going back into the family photo album, I've kinda already done this. These are both me.

merlove_005 FB censored.jpg

image.png.a56328e30a4635f304a2a10108793ab7.png

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think I would have to have dissociative disorder to actually date my main, but I have certainly had plenty of sex with an alt. For art's sake, though, of course.

edit: And, I actually *could* date myself, I have the exact same identical avatar on two accounts. Same body, same head, same dimensions, same hair, same clothes, everything. If I had a twin IRL I would certainly date her, though, if we looked like my main in SL.

Edited by CaerolleClaudel
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Gopi Passiflora said:

I know, weird question, but this is a half-hearted attempt to bring some levity....

(if your avatar(s) are not your preferred gender, for the sake of this topic, pretend there's a version of it that is or something.)

No, she's too busy...she wouldn't have time for me.  And, if my avatar were a male he me...He'd still be too busy.  

I have too many projects going and irons in the fire so I'd only be good for a friendship "date" and then that is even difficult...having time for all my SL friends.  

Edited by FairreLilette

Hell yes I would.....

If I were a male in rl...or t'wer my av a male version of myself..you know, minus the girly bits, add some male bits...

Hell yes I would...

I love me...even when I don't like me, I love me.

No one else on this planet, other than hubby, would probably say they'd ever date my av, or me (and I am 100 and a million % okay with that, lmao...I wouldn't date the world either :P ) but me...yup, so would.

I'm awesome, I'm hilarious, I'm down to earth, I'm low maintenance, I make adorable and amazing humans (pixel and real), I can build, do light scripting, texture my way out of a paper bag and then some. I love to adventure, I love to wander, I love to cause mischief and explore.  I'm human myself-which means I do human things, like have feelings and mood swings and bad moments and flaws and imperfections, I don't just have issues, I have subscriptions.. my av is pretty cute too even if not a replica of my rl self...I'm also honest to a fault, even about my own self. 

Also, not conceited, just truthful, and don' give a rat's left nut what anyone else says about it :D

I'd so date me. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

Stealing this for future use.

Please do :D

It's been a saying in my family for as long as I can remember, and it goes back more generations than I know (which I learned as an adult, though I'd heard it said a million times as a kid).

My kids and I use it all the time, so frequently it has rubbed off on many people lol. 

It's one of my favorite sayings ever. 

• Like 3

My first av created my first male alt in order to have a dance partner.  He can't log in anymore because his email addy was an account that doesn't exist any more and we've lost his password.  he was too effeminate anyway for my tastes.  Practice makes perfect and I have several male avs now.  The poor things don't get much action because I don[t RP well as a male. Tried it a few times and was mostly horrified by the women I talked with. Later we created another male Av that I kind of like to look at but I don't think I would date him.  There is just something missing in the conversation.  A lack of spontaneity or something....Which is odd because I have no problem with speaking with inanimate objects and pets

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 4/2/2020 at 5:44 PM, Gopi Passiflora said:

I know, weird question, but this is a half-hearted attempt to bring some levity....

(if your avatar(s) are not your preferred gender, for the sake of this topic, pretend there's a version of it that is or something.)

I'd date my female human avatars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urNyg1ftMIU

The Guild w Felicia Day "Do You Want to Date My Avatar"

Edited by RangiUtu

16 hours ago, kali Wylder said:

My first av created my first male alt in order to have a dance partner.  He can't log in anymore because his email addy was an account that doesn't exist any more and we've lost his password.  he was too effeminate anyway for my tastes.  Practice makes perfect and I have several male avs now.  The poor things don't get much action because I don[t RP well as a male. Tried it a few times and was mostly horrified by the women I talked with. Later we created another male Av that I kind of like to look at but I don't think I would date him.  There is just something missing in the conversation.  A lack of spontaneity or something....Which is odd because I have no problem with speaking with inanimate objects and pets

I have (had? not sure if he's still around) one male alt that was created as an experiment on seeing what it was like in SL as a man. Specifically I used him to see what it was like on BDSM sites. I put a lot of work into his appearance and so even though he was a noob, o.m.g.! The poor guy just sat in the meeting place of a popular club. You know, the quiet, brooding sort. I kept my talk to a minimum because I can't fake man well. Holy moly, the poor dude was swamped by female subs. :) (Part of that is because the ratio of male doms to female subs is something like 1:8) I created a man avatar that I would date, so... again... yep, I'd date me. 😄 I'm so adorable. 😄

I'm a bit confused as to whether this topic is about dating someone exactly like your main avatar, or about whether you think someone else would date you.  Or is it about alts?

Anyway, other people mostly don't ask me out so obviously they have terrible taste. :D  I'd date me if I were someone else or could clone myself; it's something I've pondered in RL too, and the only difference is that I'd stick to being great friends.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I think I'd make a horrible date.  Still, not everyone shares that opinion, given that many people have asked me for a date in SL, and even repeat dates.  Thank goodness not everyone's as choosy as me!

Lindal, would you go out with me?

(1 more!)

Maybe even more than once?

(! more of those, too!)

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1467 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.