Vampire bonds are plummeting

horizon4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1574 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

No laughing matter for me, ma'am, whatever you may choose to believe. You think my posts are written for your amusement. There's no amused smirk on the face of my daughter, for whom I lovingly purchased these bonds from a Bloodlines-approved hub, with the aim of securing her future. She has no future now.

Never mind, you may freely laugh knowing that our land is up for sale and that I have lost everything I invested. Our club is no more. When news of this calamity spread, what were the Lindens doing? Oh, that's right - partaking in a "hunk or dunk" event. Patch Linden in a state of semi-undress, ducking softball questions from an airhead host. This won't go unforgotten.

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

All "bonds" past the Linden Lab crackdown on "banks" and such within Second Life are against the ToS - the fact that there are no Banking/Financial Institutions of any kind within Second Life should have been a clear hint that anyone offering such services was likely going against the Terms of Service.

This means that there are either two trolls in this thread or one troll and a very naive user.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, davidgrolsch said:

No laughing matter for me, ma'am, whatever you may choose to believe. You think my posts are written for your amusement. There's no amused smirk on the face of my daughter, for whom I lovingly purchased these bonds from a Bloodlines-approved hub, with the aim of securing her future. She has no future now.

Think of it this way - she was probably behind the genetic eight-ball already (unless she was adopted.)

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, davidgrolsch said:

There's no amused smirk on the face of my daughter, for whom I lovingly purchased these bonds from a Bloodlines-approved hub, with the aim of securing her future.

You need to provide evidence that this hub (whatever that might mean) exists or existed.  Bloodlines approval (by which I mean that of the creators of the game) was never given to any such scheme;  explain what exactly you mean.

I can't say I expect much truth in your response, given that, if you stand by your comments in this thread, you have been proven a liar, and I must say you are becoming tedious in your efforts to be amusing.

Never mind, you may freely laugh knowing that our land is up for sale and that I have lost everything I invested. Our club is no more. When news of this calamity spread, what were the Lindens doing? Oh, that's right - partaking in a "hunk or dunk" event. Patch Linden in a state of semi-undress, ducking softball questions from an airhead host. This won't go unforgotten.

You invested in fake money in SL in order to assure your real life daughter's future. You don't see anything wrong with that statement?

You're blaming LL for your violation of the TOS/CS. 

Bloodlines approved don't mean diddley if it isn't Linden Lab approved first. What you were doing was not/is not/never will be approved by LL since they learned years ago that it's more hassle than it is worth to have to abide by banking regulations in addition to all the other regulations/laws they already have to abide by. What you've been doing was banned by Linden Lab in 2008 so you can stop bellyaching about breaking the LL TOS/CS and suffering the consequences.

You made the decision, you pay the price.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2020 at 8:22 AM, davidgrolsch said:

In 2011, I purchased 200,000L of vampire bonds on behalf of my SL family, when they were advertised as having a guaranteed return of 5%.

Then in 2013, I purchased an additional 500,000L. 

ngl I low key didn't know people really spent that much RL money on lindens lmao...that's insane

.... with the aim of securing her future. She has no future now.

This won't go unforgotten.

Really ? I hope she won' t remember you invested about 3,000 bucks for her whole future in an ingame doubtful Ponzi-scheme, which was never sure to cash out high amounts of dividend anyway and denied her a decent future.

What were you thinking ?

Edited by TDD123

My question is why I find it so difficult to simply ignore this. I mean, effective troll is effective, but this is so tempting to believe, despite being utterly incredible. Why? Is it just me?

And however it works, can we weaponize it for the election?

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, Ashlyn Voir said:
On 2/17/2020 at 6:22 AM, davidgrolsch said:

In 2011, I purchased 200,000L of vampire bonds on behalf of my SL family, when they were advertised as having a guaranteed return of 5%.

Then in 2013, I purchased an additional 500,000L. 

ngl I low key didn't know people really spent that much RL money on lindens lmao...that's insane

I've been here 12 years now, though I did take a couple of long breaks.   Using a round 260 L$ per US $1 (a rough average for the past 12 years), 700,000 L$ is about  $2700 US.  Over 12 years, $2700 comes to $225 per year.  Given what I have spent in my active years, I could probably have spent that buying L$ over 12 years if I hadn't taken any of my long breaks.  A lot of the L$ I've spent over the years have been for large land purchases, but I've also spent quite a bit on shopping.  There were years where I probably didn't spend that much, but there were years where I definitely spent more than that.  If I actually went back and did the math, even with my breaks, it is possible that I have already spent that much.  And none of that includes my multiple Premium membership fees and the various monthly tier fees that I've paid over the years.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
extra zero
  • Like 1

perhaps i take it wrong, but did somebody really think the revenues ..( as i seen during the banks era here) of 1 to 5 % a day was very realistic?? .. and if those bonds  based on the same system would be trustworthy enough to put your real money on it ... sorry i can't do a lot more than shake my head.

and about the spending during the years?.. i don't even wánt to know it... my ex would divorce another time to be sure to be gone from me....

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

No good news to report. Seems the bondholders' money has been taken out of SL, most likely through a chain of alts, and the person responsible has deleted his account.

It's had a calamitous effect on SL/LL revenues, and could be a key factor in the Lab's recent decision to sell off Sansar.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, horizon4 said:

No good news to report. Seems the bondholders' money has been taken out of SL, most likely through a chain of alts, and the person responsible has deleted his account.

It's had a calamitous effect on SL/LL revenues, and could be a key factor in the Lab's recent decision to sell off Sansar.

I doubt it will have an impact like  Ginko did to the grid, when there was a housing and banking crisis going on at the time.. A lot more people got hurt by that by far, in far more communities across the whole grid..

I doubt that is why they are selling Sansar..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I doubt it will have an impact like  Ginko did to the grid, when there was a housing and banking crisis going on at the time.. A lot more people got hurt by that by far, in far more communities across the whole grid..

I doubt that is why they are selling Sansar..

It isn't - by a long shot.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1574 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.