Do you like KFC?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1572 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

No, all of it is way too salty for me in any form. Plus it is too messy for me to want to eat unless I’d get boneless pieces or one of their kind of strange ‘bowls’. It’s one of the last fast food places I’ll eat. 

I like the chicken SOMETIMES.  I've got to be in the right mood for it - otherwise it's just too greasy.  Though, I prefer the spice of Popeye's when I am in the mood for fried chicken.

However, my husband and I LOVE the coleslaw.  My husband pulled the recipe online and that is the only type of coleslaw that we make at home anymore.

I was super disappointed when they stopped serving chicken livers.  I don't want to have to cook them just for myself at home - my husband can't stand them - so KFC was my go to place for a quick fix of them things.

I can't stand any of the rest of their stuff.

While paging through a old family album with (Joe) Ledington, Tribune reporter Jay Jones noticed a recipe scribbled on the back of Claudia Ledington’s last will and testament — Claudia was the Colonel’s second wife.

11 spices – Mix with 2 cups white fl.

1. 2/3 Ts Salt
  2. 1/2 Ts Thyme
  3. 1/2 Ts Basil
  4. 1/3 Ts Oregano
  5. 1 Ts Celery salt
  6. 1 Ts Black pepper
  7. 1 Ts Dried mustard
  8. 4 Ts Paprika
  9. 2 Ts Garlic salt
  10. 1 Ts Ground ginger
  11. 3 Ts White pepper
  • Like 3

There's supposed to be one coming to my town otherwise it's a long drive to my nearest one, If i go in one the snack/lunch box options are always done so they're overflowing with chips (fries) end up taking what i can't finish home to reheat for dinner, prefer to have the boneless chicken as it's less greasy

As a vegetarian I am not exactly their target demographic...

At least they're not that 'Christian-Sharia-Law-Fill-A' place...

That noted... Chicken farming is a disastrous business, for all sides involved:

https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/2019/9/11/20852588/leah-garces-factory-farming-chickens-mercy-animals-podcast

Imagine, for a moment, what it’s like to be an animal rights activist. Tens of billions of animals are being tortured and slaughtered every year. It is, to you, a rolling horror. But to the people you love, the world you live in — it’s normal. You’re the weird one.

So what do you do? How do you engage, politically and personally, when so few see what you see?

Leah Garcés is the executive president of Mercy for Animals and the author of Grilled: Turning Adversaries Into Allies to Change the Chicken Industry, which documents her journey to reduce the suffering of chickens by building coalitions with industrial chicken farmers.

Garcés story is about more than animal suffering. It’s about the core question of politics: the choice we face, every day, between condemnation and compromise. Whether your issue is health care or climate or civil rights or abortion or taxes or foreign policy, you’re faced daily with people working for a world you find repellent. What do you do when they’re the majority and you’re the minority? How do you maintain your own morality when the system itself is sick? When do you draw bright lines, and when do you erase the lines you’ve spent your life drawing?

This conversation gets uncomfortable at times. But Garces offers an extraordinary lesson in the daily practice of politics, one worth hearing even if it’s not ultimately your path.

And well...

Exploring it will also get to the root of the problems in modern politics where we have lost the ability to communicate across the lines to those on other sides...

I hadn't ate at a KFC for ages --- Couple years ago a friend had a club in world for awhile that she modeled after the Big Chicken in Marietta, Georgia. She used to live in that town and actually worked at the restaurant for a time before moving up north.  Although she closed the club due to RL and a weird island owner, she recently reopened it and it features live music now and then.

Big_Chicken.png

• Like 1

I like their extra crispy recipe and some of their sauces. Oh, and the biscuits. Sandwich a little bit of the chicken between the biscuit with a little hot sauce and strawberry jelly. 

Better. Than. Sex.

But generally, for chicken, I prefer Popeyes. Popeyes biscuits are terrible, though.

Edited by Blaise Glendevon

I did until this thing called the double down happened.  I ate it and immediately felt guilty, ashamed and like a fatty all at once. A tiny sliver of my soul died that day.

I seriously cut back on fast food in general after that. 

That being said, I loooove the Nashville Hot Chicken. 

From the Community Participation Guidelines:

”You may also not post regarding subjects that do not relate to Second Life except in the General forum discussion board.”

emphasis mine. So this thread and the games threads are OK by the rules as far as I can see? Games threads give people who care about post count a place to bump it up without spamming the other threads so I’m guessing they are a just a handy containment, though the games are a bit funny too. People sometimes begin to bond a little (and feel people out a lot) over word games, talking about food, other small talk about non-important things. Sharing about where we like to eat is perhaps an inviting place for someone new to SL and the Community Forums to make a post, so I can see a case for it. I think maybe if there’s some kind of flood of them, it might be a problem with bumping more relevant content down or to page 2...but right now aren't a few here and there easy enough to just pass over? It would be nice to have an ‘ignore this thread’ feature in this forum though. At least one thread that started with ‘content related to SL‘ has derailed into RL politics and religion so...? One for me to pass over. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

I did until this thing called the double down happened.  I ate it and immediately felt guilty, ashamed and like a fatty all at once. A tiny sliver of my soul died that day.

That’s a serious salt dose, wow. 

14 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

I stopped eating most fast food years ago, except for Wendy's salads, but I stopped KFC ages before that.  Back in the 80s maybe.  It's way too greasy and salty.

Yep, these days I could probably count the fast food places I even visit on one hand.  I also only need one hand to count the number of times said places are visited in a 6 month time period.....  Well, except for Chipotle - that one is my usual go to if I'm wanting any sort of quick meal out.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1572 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.