Do you like KFC?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1526 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

58 minutes ago, Eva Knoller said:

Go on...

Ok....I am pretty sure that last one wasn't on the list last time I looked. Maybe there's an annoyed former employee with access to the account, although that's quite a measured revenge if so. Ignore that one, but check out the other 11...

Edited because I just realised there was a bad word on the screenshot. Just check out the KFC Twitter account and see who the company follows, apart from that weird last one. It's a public account, you don't need to log in.

Edited by Amina Sopwith
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Ok....I am pretty sure that last one wasn't on the list last time I looked. Maybe there's an annoyed former employee with access to the account, although that's quite a measured revenge if so. Ignore that one, but check out the other 11...

Okay, that's pretty funny.

That last one, though... yeah. Someone isn't paying attention. 

1 hour ago, Fauve Aeon said:

From the Community Participation Guidelines:

”You may also not post regarding subjects that do not relate to Second Life except in the General forum discussion board.”

emphasis mine. So this thread and the games threads are OK by the rules as far as I can see? Games threads give people who care about post count a place to bump it up without spamming the other threads so I’m guessing they are a just a handy containment, though the games are a bit funny too. People sometimes begin to bond a little (and feel people out a lot) over word games, talking about food, other small talk about non-important things. Sharing about where we like to eat is perhaps an inviting place for someone new to SL and the Community Forums to make a post, so I can see a case for it. I think maybe if there’s some kind of flood of them, it might be a problem with bumping more relevant content down or to page 2...but right now aren't a few here and there easy enough to just pass over? It would be nice to have an ‘ignore this thread’ feature in this forum though. At least one thread that started with ‘content related to SL‘ has derailed into RL politics and religion so...? One for me to pass over. 

That was really the point I was trying to make. I personally don't like the game threads, but I don't begrudge others from enjoying them if they want, just like others shouldn't begrudge those of us who like to discuss the merits of deep fried birds. 

I do wish there was a way to hide or block particular threads, though. Not just the game threads, but some others in other areas of the forums as well. 

I like KFC, Popeyes, Church's, Chick-fil-A, Jollibee, all of them. I don't eat fried chicken that often. Once every few months is good. The last one I tried was a Nashville style hot chicken and it was spicy! I didn't get the version where you have to sign a waiver though. 

14 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Yes.

The stores' quality seems to be back up in the last few years.

Like @Beth Macbain I used to live in the K part of KFC, just a spit away from the original KFC. All of the KFCs in that area are better than ones further out and their biscuits are super good (and I'm not usually a big fan of biscuits...I know, sacrilege).

I think that even know we Kentuckians know that there is better fried chicken out there, we take some strange sort of pride in our KFC. It's ours and, by god, we're going to stand by it.

It should be noted, though, that we do not feel that same sense of pride and protectiveness when it comes to Papa Johns. 

17 hours ago, Gopi Passiflora said:

I like KFC and those mysterious 11 secret herbs and spices! It's kinda oily but good.

Note: Decided to change it up after all the more "controversial" topics.

Extra crispy myself, and they have the best cole slaw and mashed taters outside my mom's kitchen.

1 hour ago, Tolya Ugajin said:

Extra crispy myself, and they have the best cole slaw and mashed taters outside my mom's kitchen.

They are instant potato flakes and powdered instant gravy mix? 
source: friend who worked there. 

8 minutes ago, Fauve Aeon said:

They are instant potato flakes and powdered instant gravy mix? 
source: friend who worked there. 

Well, I've been known to eat fast food 15-20 meals in a week, so my gustatory opinions are highly suspect.  Nor, for that matter, is my mother a terribly good cook...

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Tolya Ugajin said:

Well, I've been known to eat fast food 15-20 meals in a week, so my gustatory opinions are highly suspect.  Nor, for that matter, is my mother a terribly good cook...

Comfort food taste can be a terrible overlord. I can’t say I’m ‘better’, I like Taco Bell. 😉

2 hours ago, Tolya Ugajin said:

I LOVE the coleslaw, but the mashed potatoes are way too dry, and even using powered instant gravy mix, I can manage to make better gravy than KFC.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I like the chicken SOMETIMES.  I've got to be in the right mood for it - otherwise it's just too greasy.  Though, I prefer the spice of Popeye's when I am in the mood for fried chicken.

However, my husband and I LOVE the coleslaw.  My husband pulled the recipe online and that is the only type of coleslaw that we make at home anymore.

I was super disappointed when they stopped serving chicken livers.  I don't want to have to cook them just for myself at home - my husband can't stand them - so KFC was my go to place for a quick fix of them things.

I can't stand any of the rest of their stuff.

Bolded: they have chicken livers at FKC here in Florida. I can send you some!

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, anniepany said:

Bolded: they have chicken livers at FKC here in Florida. I can send you some!

Hmm, wonder if it is just a southern thing now.  I'll have to remember to check whenever I'm visiting southern states.

ETA:  Interesting - their website does not even list them anymore.  I'll still check the next time I go visit my daughter in FL.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

5 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Hmm, wonder if it is just a southern thing now.  I'll have to remember to check whenever I'm visiting southern states.

ETA:  Interesting - their website does not even list them anymore.  I'll still check the next time I go visit my daughter in FL.

It's not on the menu in the store either, you have to know that they make them, otherwise no one will know. I LOVE chicken livers so I asked and sure enough they have a small and a large box and omg I LOVE them!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, anniepany said:

It's not on the menu in the store either, you have to know that they make them, otherwise no one will know. I LOVE chicken livers so I asked and sure enough they have a small and a large box and omg I LOVE them!

It's like a secret menu item. You have to order them in code and tip the doorman.

And eat them alone at least 20 miles from civilization because they smell like butt.

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:
18 minutes ago, anniepany said:

It's like a secret menu item. You have to order them in code and tip the doorman.

And eat them alone at least 20 miles from civilization because they smell like butt.

I think it’s to hide the fact that livers are cooked in the same oil and the taste absolutely can build up and carry over since the oil is just strained occasionally and re-used until it starts to break down...as in any fast food place.

5 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Mcdonald-S-I-M-Lovin-It-86166.gif.b3ad38968fae7d048aed70b8eea06097.gif

Oh wait... wrong chain.

But since we're here, how do people feel about McDonalds?

Once upon a time, they had the best fries ever........ and then they changed things.

These days - for the last decade or two - the only time my husband and I eat at MickyDs is when we are doing a road trip and grab some Egg McMuffins as we hit the road.  

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1526 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.