Those crazy neighbors...

Trinity Blakewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1475 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

the more the better ..

Actually they've recently stated, I think in this thread (but not sure if here or a related thread), that multiple ARs do NOT help.

The AR team has 5 people on it. All related ARs get bundled together - but not for compounding anything - just bundled together to help them look it over.

They've actually stated very recently in this thread what helps them process an AR, basically to the point, screenshot and be very close to where the incident is when filing (your location is put in the AR, so they teleport to that location and it helps if they can instantly see what you're filing about), and not 'waxing poetic' on the story - just to the point.

- Given that, I imagine multiple ARs just slow up the process of having to read a lot of things and determine what is what.

I was very tempted to file on those 2... I even went to look at them... they are pretty extreme... but then I managed to check myself and ask in here first instead...

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 6

20 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Actually they've recently stated

yes i know .. but, not based on proven figures, the feeling that mány have, is that lóts of AR's are ending in the trahsbin before any human eye has seen it after sending.
Those feelings are based on what people see. It's a bit the same as what we in NL see around police .. telling it's getting better and is handled, but all they mean is people don't report, and other cases end in a big large drawer till nobody ever thinks about it anymore.

I don't say nothing happens, because there are other eyes reading these posts too, and get handled, but that happens apart of the AR's .

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nando Yip said:

... another spot on the map of Bellisseria ...

Vic_036.thumb.jpg.849135ccf26e5458b1a7511be97b872b.jpg

Vic_037.thumb.jpg.1a0c2655c4b574fdaa701c3d905885f1.jpg

I can't even guess at the other one, but this one looks like a rezzing gone wrong.  The rez box didn't put it all together for some reason.  The person may not know what to do about it, especially if they panicked and deleted the rez box or clicked a menu button that killed the scripts or something.

Edited by LibGwen
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, LibGwen said:

looks like a rezzing gone wrong.  The rez box didn't put it all together for some reason. 

thats no rezzing gone wrong, but a resident not knowing what he's doing, and not taken the efford to read the covenant and/or manuals for that house.
The mistake is not in the rezzbox, but the positioning of parts outside the parcelborders.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, LibGwen said:

I can't even guess at the other one, but this one looks like a rezzing gone wrong.  The rez box didn't put it all together for some reason.  The person may not know what to do about it, especially if they panicked and deleted the rez box or clicked a menu button that killed the scripts or something.

Whatever it is, it is way under the minimum height for skyboxes, which is 2000 m. You can see that this one is sitting at only 204 m. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

Hey folks!

As mentioned previously, if you encounter any violations of the Covenant, especially the super egregious ones mentioned recently here, please file an Abuse Report. Abnor Mole provided a ton of super helpful tips that makes it much easier for us to investigate, locate and identify the issue.

These incidents are just one of several different issues my team looks at and investigates, and it can take some time for us to get to a report but I assure you that we do look into these. 

So if you see something that you think may be in violation (or in some of the cases listed here, definitely are) please file an Abuse Report. There have been a few issues pointed out in this thread that have not been reported through an Abuse Report. So please remember to do so and do not assume that others will have already filed on on the issue :)

We thank you for your patience and for your help in bringing these things to our attention!

Here's a weird gif.

giphy.gif

• Like 6
  • Thanks 12

51 minutes ago, Kristin Linden said:

So if you see something that you think may be in violation (or in some of the cases listed here, definitely are) please file an Abuse Report. There have been a few issues pointed out in this thread that have not been reported through an Abuse Report. So please remember to do so and do not assume that others will have already filed on on the issue

Thank you for that clarification.

I think that would change the stance on what I posted yesterday.

9 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Actually they've recently stated, I think in this thread (but not sure if here or a related thread), that multiple ARs do NOT help.

The AR team has 5 people on it. All related ARs get bundled together - but not for compounding anything - just bundled together to help them look it over.

They've actually stated very recently in this thread what helps them process an AR, basically to the point, screenshot and be very close to where the incident is when filing (your location is put in the AR, so they teleport to that location and it helps if they can instantly see what you're filing about), and not 'waxing poetic' on the story - just to the point.

- Given that, I imagine multiple ARs just slow up the process of having to read a lot of things and determine what is what.

I'm guessing that AR team isn't just for new Linden Home regions, but has to review/act on AR's from everywhere on the grid?  No doubt a monumental task,  I expect some delay from notice to possible action.    

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Chuckey Jigsaw said:

That black square looks like it's on the Periana Hawkeswood region. I've seen it two or three days ago on my mini map but had no time on investigating yet.

I saw it when I first logged in it was too big for a 1024 it was straddling at least one other home and encroaching inside, owner around a month old so if a genuine newbie may not have known they were doing something wrong. While still on map/mini map it has now been removed 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 2/5/2020 at 3:02 PM, Chuckey Jigsaw said:

That black square looks like it's on the Periana Hawkeswood region. I've seen it two or three days ago on my mini map but had no time on investigating yet.

Edit: Went to have a look...

WTF_001.thumb.jpg.10f2de9a74820f620f8ed33e35a4a76e.jpg

Oh my, that's the guest room I saw, they're expanding the room... Maybe the whole family is visiting

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 2/6/2020 at 12:06 AM, Claireschen Hesten said:

owner around a month old so if a genuine newbie may not have known they were doing something wrong.

it's wonderfull to have such faith in people/newbies .. but i don't believe it  :)
If you build in another residents parcel/home and see what you do, using nearly 4 parcels ..or worse, getting a thought : oh i'm doing so good and it looks great... can't really pop up as first.
Not reading the guidelines and covenant isnt "not knowing" , but being lazy, ignorant, and don't care.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alwin Alcott said:

it's wonderfull to have such faith in people/newbies .. but i don't believe it  :)
If you build in another residents parcel/home and see what you do, using nearly 4 parcels ..or worse, getting a thought : oh i'm doing so good and it looks great... can't really pop up as first.
Not reading the guidelines and covenant isnt "not knowing" , but being lazy, ignorant, and don't care.

I'm attracted to the 'ran away petrified after it all got out of control' theory. The not reading the covenant thing would be part of the unconscious build up to that scenario.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

I'm attracted to the 'ran away petrified after it all got out of control' theory.

I can believe this one. Quite coincidentally, I had a weird Dali-esque dream last night in which I was driving a large flat-bed semi truck through crowded urban streets, getting more and more frustrated because there were no parking spots. My mind resolved the problem by having me abandon the truck and run away, flailing my arms.  (I told you it was a weird dream. I woke up, went to pee, and couldn't get back to sleep for half an hour at least.)  It's not quite the same thing as building runaway decor in SL, but it ended the same plausible way.  🤪

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, Rolig Loon said:

I can believe this one. Quite coincidentally, I had a weird Dali-esque dream last night in which I was driving a large flat-bed semi truck through crowded urban streets, getting more and more frustrated because there were no parking spots. My mind resolved the problem by having me abandon the truck and run away, flailing my arms.  (I told you it was a weird dream. I woke up, went to pee, and couldn't get back to sleep for half an hour at least.)  It's not quite the same thing as building runaway decor in SL, but it ended the same plausible way.  🤪

It wasn't a dream dammit. Get that thing out of my driveway, Rolig!

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Haha 14

11 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

When I was a noob I used to read the covenant of the place I went to every... single... time... I... TP'd...

I used to think that was where anyone with land would put the local information.

I had to learn over time that most people (almost all people), couldn't edit it...

So when I see folks not reading the covenant... I more often suspect they are NOT new... just trained not to.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 1

I'm not sure how to AR something or even if its my business as I don't have a home here but when out and about was quite shocked to see this. So ugly but also inconsiderate to the people whose homes this monstrosity is above. It covers two houseboats and a bit over a third and also into Linden protected land at the back of the boats. Such a shame in such a pretty area, Siren's Cove.1261276846_Sirenscove_002.thumb.png.6bfea8651d66ab6db29294ef87543867.png1028600789_Sirenscove_001.thumb.png.fd3441ead4bf15ed30e5c479dbc572ca.png

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Elyeah said:

I'm not sure how to AR something or even if its my business as I don't have a home here but when out and about was quite shocked to see this. So ugly but also inconsiderate to the people whose homes this monstrosity is above. It covers two houseboats and a bit over a third and also into Linden protected land at the back of the boats.

I just AR'ed something in another houseboat region for the first time last week (it doesn't matter if you live there or not). These links can help! It's pretty easy to do through the viewer:

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Looks like it's gone now (my houseboat is close enough that I could cam over to have a look).

Yes it had gone before I AR'd it. There was no one around when I was at a neighbouring HB so I assumed that was the permanent position but maybe the owner was disturbed by RL and then came back and put it elsewhere or in the sky. It was  called  'secret cave' but maybe not so secret when sticking out like a sore thumb xD

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1475 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.