The New Belli Victorians

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1622 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I can't believe there isn't a post on this yet, so I will start one.  

You can visit the new "reveal" build here:  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Linden Reveal/115/157/22

Four styles with interior room changing colors. Some GORGEOUS landscaping. And yes, those funny doughnut shapes on the map were cobblestone streets. 

I took photos for those at work (LOL) who just can't wait. You can find them here.   

This should be really fun to watch.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6

24 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

I can't believe there isn't a post on this yet, so I will start one.  

You can visit the new "reveal" build here:  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Linden Reveal/115/157/22

Four styles with interior room changing colors. Some GORGEOUS landscaping. And yes, those funny doughnut shapes on the map were cobblestone streets. 

I took photos for those at work (LOL) who just can't wait. You can find them here.   

This should be really fun to watch.  

Everyone's been posting in the Victorian theme thread, a number of pics there too. I have some in my blog also. I think the regions will look lovely when released, simply based on what they've done so far on Bellisseria. I'll be happy for all those patiently still waiting to nab a home, at least they'll stand a good chance if they do a massive release. Yes, colour changing walls..seems like LL have been listening to people's requests, and I think there's more to come in the way of customisations since Patch hinted that the homes can do lots of things...

There's a rumour there may be a release before Christmas (other thread somewhere I think), so hopefully it's not too long for everyone to wait:)

The homes are not for me, but I think they are lovely, and although they are very similar to the trads I think they are better, and I love the landscaping. I'm looking forward to exploring the regions when released.

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 5

I realize that we "knew" about the theme being "Victorian" as I posted on many of those What's Next  threads. My point (which I guess was missed) was that we haven't SEEN THEM until now.   Conjecture is only that. 

NOW people can view the styles and the sizes and walk inside. Personally I think that is pretty important and deserving of some fanfare. 

And that suit of Patch's was SO not a Victorian Swimsuit (there used to be a lot of those available, but perhaps not in mesh :D) so that was not a great hint IMO LOL.

PS. This just opened sometime between 6 and 8 AM today.  

:D

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

And that suit of Patch's was SO not a Victorian Swimsuit (there used to be a lot of those available, but perhaps not in mesh :D) so that was not a great hint IMO LOL.

I gotta say that pic made me wonder what he gets up to in his spare time.  Should he actually have any :)

Since when do wet suits have nipple ring cut-outs?

• Haha 6

12 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

I realize that we "knew" about the theme being "Victorian" as I posted on many of those What's Next  threads. My point (which I guess was missed) was that we haven't SEEN THEM until now.   Conjecture is only that. 

NOW people can view the styles and the sizes and walk inside. Personally I think that is pretty important and deserving of some fanfare. 

PS. This just opened sometime between 6 and 8 AM today.  

:D

Yeah, the other folks just went ahead and used the other thread to post their pics from the Expo.

The first pics posted there were roughly 7:00 am SLT - 4 hours ago from now.

And yeah - that outfit Patch posted is most definitely not a Victorian swimsuit or Victorian anything else that I've ever seen.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
wording correction
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

And yeah - that outfit Patch posted is most definitely not a Victorian swimsuit or Victorian anything else that I've ever seen.

That Patch-picture was not about the outfit. I'm gonna have to take a leap of faith and make the first guess that is Theme Number Five. Hahaha! Because now that Bellisseria is complete and cannot really expand outward - sister continents will now rise from the water and that, I've always suspected, is where the more fantastical themes will go. And it has been mentioned on more than one occasion by some that "treehouses" would be a desired theme.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PrudenceAnton said:

Any idea on the parcel size and land impact of the new Victorian them homes?

Land impact of houses was in the low to mid 200s.   That of course doesn't count against the prim allotment.  I didn't check the plot size but from all the SSP maps they look to be 1024s. The houses are bigger so there is less lot.   They have capped the sim so I can't get in to check.  I can see no reason why there would be more than 351 lis :D.   BUT not much to do outside really so most of those prims can go for decor :D

• Like 3

• Moles
12 minutes ago, PrudenceAnton said:

Any idea on the parcel size and land impact of the new Victorian theme homes?

The Victorian parcels are all 1024s, same as the Traditional houses and the Houseboats.

And, as with the other themes, the houses' LI doesn't count against the LI available for the parcel.  

• Thanks 9

• Moles

Since the initial rush of excitement this morning, things have calmed down a bit.  There are still plenty of curious visitors in the Linden Reveal region, but not usually enough to hit the occupancy cap now.  If you have trouble getting in, try teleporting to the American Cancer Society region next door and then walking across the bridge into Linden Reveal.  Unless you are unlucky enough to be trying when the region really is full, you ought to be able to walk right in.

• Thanks 6

I love the new landscaping of these Victorian themed homes on the Linden Reveal region.  The weeping willows are gorgeous as are the many large Hydrangea flowers dotted about. The Shelley is probably my favorite in style.  Here's a little bit more information detail on the 4 house styles while peeking around the region.

The Verne is a 241 LI 2 story home, with 2 upstairs rooms and a large landing on the second floor. 3 large rooms downstairs and a nice 3/4 wrap around porch.  1 upstairs and downstairs interesting shaped rooms.

The Hardy is a 241 LI 2 story home, with 3 rooms upstairs and a large landing on the second floor, 3 large rooms downstairs and a front and back porch. Nice back hall downstairs, and bay window in the front.

The Shelley is a 250 LI 2 story home, with 2 rooms upstairs and a large landing on the second floor, 3 large rooms downstairs and a 1/2 back, full side, 1/2 front porch. 4 interesting shaped rooms up and downstairs.

The Doyle is a 224 single story home, with 4 rooms, a large side hallway, nice partial wrapped front porch and small back porch.

Edited by PrudenceAnton
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 6

5 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Because now that Bellisseria is complete and cannot really expand outward - sister continents will now rise from the water ...

No need for separate continents for a long time yet. There are lots of free space to the east from Bellisseria starting just from the southern regions of Squishy Pickle. Going from there to the east and down even past Jeogeot continent. Then when reaching same southern level where the most southern Jeogeot regions are, then there are even more additional space towards the west and east.

It would be very nice if all the new Linden homes regions were on single continuous continent instead of in separate isolated continents. There sure is lots free space for vast expansion yet.

Edited by Coby Foden
  • Like 8

3 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Mynachllwyd

Mynach llwyd = Grey Monk?

Looks like it. I googled grey monk and its the name of a poem written by William Blake. Good work Sherlock  😉 Its a very long poem but here's a taster;

'I die, I die!' the Mother said,
'My children die for lack of bread.

What more has the merciless Tyrant said?'
The Monk sat down on the stony bed.

The blood red ran from the Grey Monk's side,
His hands and feet were wounded wide,
His body bent, his arms and knees
Like to the roots of ancient trees.

Wlliam Blake was not quite Victorian but still 😛

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

These are the best designs yet.  I never felt at home in the other designs but I can easily imagine myself living in one of the houses here.

I am beginning to think that this is my problem too with the traditional houses.  Not that they are not nice, they are, but they aren't quite my type of home which is why I think I am having problems settling down in one.   The Victorian houses are the kinds of houses I will buy.   It is nice to have some more choices.  And to think that there will be even more themes at some point!

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1622 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.