The New Belli Victorians

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1578 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

By the way, I hope the content pack is including all the things that has been added to the other content packs over time.

All textures, Halloween lights, Christmas lights, snow roofs.

I will then use a lot of Li on the outside and not start some serious furnishing until I take down the Christmas decor. I like to see my house covered of Christmas lights and decor. I am an unknown member of the Griswold family.

Edited by Marianne Little
added a sentence
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

7 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Nothing like a simple pic to stir up rumour and speculation... yeah I'll bite lol

Here are my fantastical speculations...

• There's no imminent release - Patch just likes to wind us up and watch the rumours fly (mwahahahah!)
  • The release date is the number of snow blocks, so 21st? (quieter mwahahahaha)
  • The release date isn't hinted but it is just before Christmas
  • The new house controllers have a seasonal option - you can add snow to your home in winter if you want, roofs etc., (that would be awesome) instead of through adding from the content packs. (Patch hinted at the Expo the homes could do some cool stuff which sounded to me like more than just simply something like changing wall colours, but that we'd have to wait and see when released, so it's probably not colouring the walls as we saw that at the Expo).

(In all seriousness I always thought the release would be after Christmas and new year so they have time to finish their testing and people are back from holidays etc. We'll know soon enough...)

I'm noticing a number of Winter items in the photo too that could be in a content pack, such as snow caps on the bushes!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mitch Merricks said:

I'm noticing a number of Winter items in the photo too that could be in a content pack, such as snow caps on the bushes!

The first thing I noticed is... Pine trees. I'm not so sure there will be pine trees in VictoriBelle or not.

As for all the wonderful guesses up to now: None of it would surprise me, even the one about release being on the 15th, because I've seen Patch post in the forums on Sundays before, and his most recent (that I've seen) post where he made a funny about "I love big doors and I cannot lie..." the timestamp puts his local time at around midnight - so I believe he burns candles at both ends sometimes. Albeit, there are other Lindens skills that are needed to set-up a release, so that would be the main sticking point.

Unless they could set it all up to that only a switch needs to be switched on, but I doubt that.

I'm just happy that our wild hypothesizing (well, more like wild-guessing) likely gives the Lindens and Moles some good fodder to laugh at. :D

• Like 3

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Alyona Su said:

The first thing I noticed is... Pine trees. I'm not so sure there will be pine trees in VictoriBelle or not.

As for all the wonderful guesses up to now: None of it would surprise me, even the one about release being on the 15th, because I've seen Patch post in the forums on Sundays before, and his most recent (that I've seen) post where he made a funny about "I love big doors and I cannot lie..." the timestamp puts his local time at around midnight - so I believe he burns candles at both ends sometimes. Albeit, there are other Lindens skills that are needed to set-up a release, so that would be the main sticking point.

Unless they could set it all up to that only a switch needs to be switched on, but I doubt that.

I'm just happy that our wild hypothesizing (well, more like wild-guessing) likely gives the Lindens and Moles some good fodder to laugh at. :D

There's no candle left to burn!  

Ps. What's a VictoriBelle?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

HI Patch!  VictoriBell is a nickname for the Victorian area.  Which I'm now guessing you didn't coin, lol.

Like Campwich for the first camper area released.  Or the Pickle, or Squishy Pickle.

ETA: Full disclosure, it is quite possible that I coined it here .

Edited by Nika Talaj

13 minutes ago, Patch Linden said:

There's no candle left to burn!  

Someone says you say the Southern Bellisseria continent is to be known as "VictoriBell" (Cute) - I've decided "VictoriBelle" is bettah! :P (/me runs to buy a crate of candles and looks up LL office address in Georgia, scribbles ATTN: PATCH! on a large box. Because we want new LL VICTORIANS NAO! Hahahaha

• Haha 1

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

HI Patch!  VictoriBell is a nickname for the Victorian area.  Which I'm now guessing you didn't coin, lol.

Like Campwich for the first camper area released.  Or the Pickle, or Squishy Pickle.

3 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Someone says you say the Southern Bellisseria continent is to be known as "VictoriBell" (Cute) - I've decided "VictoriBelle" is bettah! :P (/me runs to buy a crate of candles and looks up LL office address in Georgia, scribbles ATTN: PATCH! on a large box. Because we want new LL VICTORIANS NAO! Hahahaha

Nope, it wasn't me!  😁   I've generally been ok with South Bellisseria though.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Patch Linden said:

I'm guessing it's mashing up Victorian (theme) and Bellisseria to describe the new Victorian development. i quite like it however it reminds me of Victory Bell which are bells that were made out of the metal from German planes destroyed during WWII

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

(In all seriousness I always thought the release would be after Christmas and new year so they have time to finish their testing and people are back from holidays etc. We'll know soon enough...)

For the longest time, since the Expo doesn't end until the 15th, I figured they wouldn't want to fuss with a release and possible issues going into the holidays, I was pretty sure it'd be something like the 2nd week of Jan.  Then, seeing their progress after things became visible, I started thinking they just "might" release next week and still think so - for a short while I thought they might even manage towards the end if this week.  If they don't do it next week, I just don't see it happening during the 2 holiday weeks -- too many LL folks possibly out on vacation.

8 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

This ^^.   I can't see pine trees in the Victorian area, implying that either that is a picture of the Home Decorating area of the Expo - which I haven't see yet - or Patch has his own special Victorian area set up somewhere.

6 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

I've been calling it South Belli.  I just haven't really liked any of the various 'Vic' nicknames yet.

I have no doubt that we are providing constant amusement to Patch and company. 

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I've been calling it South Belli.  I just haven't really liked any of the various 'Vic' nicknames yet.

17 hours ago, Patch Linden said:

I've generally been ok with South Bellisseria though.

Yeah, South Bellisseria sounds nice. And it's geographically correct too. 🙂

I'm not very fond of any invented shortened nicknames for the regions nor themes. It doesn't take extreme effort to type the complete proper names.  😉

Edited by Coby Foden
  • Like 4

I'm going to have to adjust my geographic nomenclature.  I have been referring to the camping trailer regions south of Campwich Forest as South(ern) Bellisseria.  Now that a huge landmass is emerging south of all the camping regions, today's "south" is becoming Middle Bellisseria. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

Yeah, South Bellisseria sounds nice. And it's geographically correct too. 🙂

I not very fond of any invented shortened nicknames for the regions nor themes. It doesn't take extreme effort to type the complete proper names.  😉

Do you ALWAYS fully type out United States of America or sometimes shorten it to USA or US?  Ditto for the various states?

People shorten things all the time for all sorts of reasons, trying to find abbreviations that simplify the typing/writing/talking.  Many things invariably get nicknames, usually just because many folks find nicknames fun, some of which we might go along with and some that we don't.   Sometimes, it is not even about any "extreme extra effort" to type or say something, but simply "just because".

I have my times where I'll type something out in full and my times where I shorten things down - and sometimes even use nicknames because either I think they are cute or because that just happens to be the name that most people know something by.  I sure as heck am not going to say that anyone else is wrong or bad in any way for choosing to use an abbreviation or nickname.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

/me walks around The Big Apple, The Windy City, Beantown and The Mile High City in puzzlement.  Their nicknames certainly seem to have some legs.

But hey, by all means, let's keep Second Life a geographic nickname-free world!  Particularly since LL's continent names are so easy to remember, pronounce and type.  And such meaningful descriptors of what is actually IN the continent. 

Lord forbid that some people should use descriptive nicknames to give people a clue that South Bellisseria is a Victorian paradise.  Or that Middle Bellisseria is filled with campers.

Field trip to Heterobear ... er ... Herterosarah ... er ...  oh heck!  Let's go to Jugrot!   It's closer anyway.

But tomato, tomahto.  I'm willing to let strictly literal namers use their clear-but-unhelpful monikers, if they'll refrain from dissing the various nicknames that the rest of us have fun inventing.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 8

9 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Do you ALWAYS fully type out United States of America or sometimes shorten it to USA or US?  Ditto for the various states?

No, I don't. But there is difference between commonly accepted abbreviations (like USA, NATO, WHO, UK, EU, etc.), and the random abbreviations people invent themselves. Those latter ones might cause confusion because for the same thing there might be many different abbreviations (Belli, Bella, BelliVic, etc...).

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

I'm going to have to adjust my geographic nomenclature.  I have been referring to the camping trailer regions south of Campwich Forest as South(ern) Bellisseria.  Now that a huge landmass is emerging south of all the camping regions, today's "south" is becoming Middle Bellisseria. 

11 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

I call them Campwich.

I believe Campwich Forest is the unofficial official designation for the main (southern) camper zones. I've been calling it the "Campsites" (to mean all camper zones) - but I think Campwich makes the most sense. Pickle is obvious enough for everyone. Then I usually go with Northeastern and Northwestern for the top third, and  Central for the main body. But all of that above the soon-to-come mountain range separating the Victorian themes I would call Bellisseria and then south of the mountains: Southern Bellisseria.

This is, more or less, how I see it for my self.

11 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

People shorten things all the time for all sorts of reasons [...]   Sometimes, it is not even about any "extreme extra effort" to type or say something, but simply "just because".

U R so rite abt ths! ~snorts~

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

But hey, by all means, let's keep Second Life a geographic nickname-free world!  Particularly since LL's continent names are so easy to remember, pronounce and type.  And such meaningful descriptors of what is actually IN the continent. 

Lord forbid that some people should use descriptive nicknames to give people a clue that South Bellisseria is a Victorian paradise.  Or that Middle Bellisseria is filled with campers.

I'm going to start referring to it as something slightly different each time I mention it.......... just because

• Haha 3

Regarding the abbreviation & nicknames:  I don't believe Mz. Foden was scolding anyone or preaching.  I would offer that famous US cities didn't get their nicknames (more than anything, due to advertising)  over night, but rather decades of usage.  Organizations (NATO mentioned above) sometimes start out with a specific acronym, but no one would call NATO The "North Ameri TO" to start a trend.   Region names not only serve to differentiate spots on a map, but most importantly help when we communicate with each other.   You can call an area a pickle, a pump, or a trailer park by the tracks, but unless people are in your circle they'll have no idea where your referencing to and thus can end up excluding / baffling other's in conversation, rather than being clear & inclusive.  A common frame of reference keeps everyone on the same page.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Mitch Merricks said:

Regarding the abbreviation & nicknames:  I don't believe Mz. Foden was scolding anyone or preaching.  I would offer that famous US cities didn't get their nicknames (more than anything, due to advertising)  over night, but rather decades of usage.  Organizations (NATO mentioned above) sometimes start out with a specific acronym, but no one would call NATO The "North Ameri TO" to start a trend.   Region names not only serve to differentiate spots on a map, but most importantly help when we communicate with each other.   You can call an area a pickle, a pump, or a trailer park by the tracks, but unless people are in your circle they'll have no idea where your referencing to and thus can end up excluding / baffling other's in conversation, rather than being clear & inclusive.  A common frame of reference keeps everyone on the same page.  

This makes way too much common sense and we all know that common sense is not common, so you are EPICFAIL! ~laffs~

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

I believe Campwich Forest is the unofficial official designation for the main (southern) camper zones.

No. Campwich Forest is the name of the region just west of Porthole, where the Campwich Lodge is. The vest area of camping trailers, largely to the south of Campwich Forest, has no name -- hence the quest for a fitting one. I would have suggested something literary like The Hundred Acre Wood or something more sports-oriented like The Tiger Woods, but those are both taken, sadly, so we'd have to worry about trademark violations.  

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1578 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.