The New Belli Victorians

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1585 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

14 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

It's taken me awhile to figure out which house I want to use and how I'm going to use it. I've decided on the Shelley though I thought about using the other one that's really similar to it because it has those lovely floor to ceiling windows, but in the end the Shelley won out. It won for two reasons. First, I had a very ample wrap around porch but it's not as large as the other which means I won't have to use as many LI to decorate it. Second is the little door coming off of the kitchen that opens into the entry room. I'm going to make a wall and create a separate room out of that little space.

entrywall.thumb.jpg.062239a17661ff6556b2bb4d76b77c1d.jpg

kitLaundry.thumb.jpg.9c4b64708d2dd1b716f3d679d7bdbed2.jpg

It will be very convenient to have my laundry right off of the kitchen. Also, this house has the longest wall without a window so it will help in positioning kitchen cabinets.

My first thought when I saw the door into the niche was to put a wall there to create a laundry room or a pantry. ☺️ So I'm not copying you. ☺️

I like the Shelley too because of the porch. I think it balances the house, tower on one side, porch on the other.

The idea of a wardrobe in that second floor room was new to me, haha.

What I thought about, is using the big landing with 3 small windows on top of the stairs as a bath. The one window left will let in light to the stairs. The bathroom will be as big as the Winchester bath, and that was big enough for me. I have not decided yet, if I will do that or use one of the two rooms as a bath. I have been looking for a round or oval bathtub, and I have one in mind that will look good in front of the windows in the second floor tower room. So it's a toss-up.

• Like 3

On 12/5/2019 at 8:53 PM, Chic Aeon said:

I realize that we "knew" about the theme being "Victorian" as I posted on many of those What's Next  threads. My point (which I guess was missed) was that we haven't SEEN THEM until now.   Conjecture is only that. 

NOW people can view the styles and the sizes and walk inside. Personally I think that is pretty important and deserving of some fanfare. 

And that suit of Patch's was SO not a Victorian Swimsuit (there used to be a lot of those available, but perhaps not in mesh :D) so that was not a great hint IMO LOL.

PS. This just opened sometime between 6 and 8 AM today.  

:D

The garden is very nice and all aroung is so amazing . the houses have enough rooms no need for addons. one big problem: the door frames are very short hard to walk from room to room. the traditional build was better.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KoralTearDrop said:

The garden is very nice and all aroung is so amazing . the houses have enough rooms no need for addons. one big problem: the door frames are very short hard to walk from room to room. the traditional build was better.

Having lived most of my twenties in New Orleans, the gardens made me so happy: hydrangea and willow trees, oh my! And having a porch included in our LI just tells me how the Lindens & Moles are paying thoughtful attention to what people are doing with their homes since Belli. I'm really excited with the variety of interior wall colors we get to play with now too. These homes are just going to be wonderful and so many releasing soon means Santa is going to be floating on the eggnog servings from Premiums ;)  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, KoralTearDrop said:

I went over in male form (good sized guy) to test and I didn't have any issues. This is 2.29 meters or 7.5 feet tall so not AS tall as you can be but pretty big. 

Oddly "he" didn't have trouble navigating the houses like "I" as Chic did (twice) so perhaps something else was going on then and I will take back that "pink is the only one I can walk easily in" comment -- since it seems to no longer apply.   There was still plenty of head room for "my guy" but it seems like a walk through for anyone wanting to move would definitely be in order.    

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kitten Kaos said:

Having lived most of my twenties in New Orleans, the gardens made me so happy: hydrangea and willow trees, oh my! And having a porch included in our LI just tells me how the Lindens & Moles are paying thoughtful attention to what people are doing with their homes since Belli. I'm really excited with the variety of interior wall colors we get to play with now too. These homes are just going to be wonderful and so many releasing soon means Santa is going to be floating on the eggnog servings from Premiums ;)  

I thought so too, but I was told directly by Patch that it was not so. They had the Victorians in pre-production when the Traditionals and Boats was released. They also have at least two other themes that is decided upon. This will not be swayed by please, pleas and appeals.

I was really surprised, because I also thought the Victorians was a development from the Trads. All the things we missed in the Trads is in the Victorians. More rooms, porches and individual color change walls inside. Plus even better plants. But I was corrected.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Oh, I can see now that I think on it: a  project this huge wouldn't have the flexibility to adapt to consumer response this quickly, sure, makes sense. But yes, the Victorians nicely satisfy my very small wishes for Premium homes. Magical Mole Intuition at work (see they really are Santa's elves) ;)

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, KoralTearDrop said:

I went and measured the door frame heights in one traditional house, and in one Victorian house.
• Traditional, Winchester house: 2.98 m
• Victorian, Shelley house: 3.09 m

The door frame heights are almost the same. In Victorian house the door frame is actually a tiny bit higher than in traditional house.

So were did this "very short" door frame height in Victorian house come from?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I thought so too, but I was told directly by Patch that it was not so. They had the Victorians in pre-production when the Traditionals and Boats was released. They also have at least two other themes that is decided upon. This will not be swayed by please, pleas and appeals.

I was really surprised, because I also thought the Victorians was a development from the Trads. All the things we missed in the Trads is in the Victorians. More rooms, porches and individual color change walls inside. Plus even better plants. But I was corrected.

While Patch said that the Victorians were all part of their original plan, it is totally possible, and likely even, that the changing of wall colors either individually or by room, was an added function based on comments in the forums and folks creating interior wall shells to allow for such. 

Many of them  have said all along that they do watch the forums and do make notes of things to try, even if not all things suggested/requested are feasible for any number of reasons.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Patch's pic for today:  The title is "Let it Snow"

But the description is:  "It's beginning to look a lot like ..."

.... Christmas?

Hmm lyrical clue?

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Everywhere you go

Take a look in the five and ten

Glistening once again

With candy canes and silver lanes aglow....

5 and 10 = 15  15th?

Or could be just a lovely photo 😂

15th is a Sunday, so there goes that theory 🤨

Edited by Elyeah
no sunday releases.. ever.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Elyeah said:

Hmm lyrical clue?

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Everywhere you go

Take a look in the five and ten

Glistening once again

With candy canes and silver lanes aglow....

5 and 10 = 15  15th?

Or could be just a lovely photo 😂

If it wasn't @Patch Linden   I'd say you might just be overthinking ... but that's exactly the sly, too adorable sort of thing he'd... ok, betcha you're right, Elyeah :D

• Haha 3

For folks not going over to Flickr, HIS quote was only "

Let it Snow!

It's beginning to look a lot like...

Nothing more.   Here's my idea LOL. They MIGHT replace the grass texture with snow texture --- just for fun and just for a little while.  Note that there is snow on the roof and on top the hedges. That seems like a lot of extra work when they have PLENTY to do obviously. So perhaps those things might be in the mailboxes?   

OR (more likely) that may be the special auction plot which was quoted as having "seasonal content" ^^.   I'll go with guess number two since that is much more likely :D. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
bolding
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"And Mom and Dad can hardly wait for school to start again "   te song beginning to look a lot like Christmas 

so  when does school let out for Christmas holiday or  what day do children return to  school ,

or the 5 and 10  a certain time of day ,,,  5 minutes to 10 am ?

• Like 1

or maybe a night time release ,,, (The lights are turned way down low
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

When we finally kiss good night
How I'll hate going out in the storm!)   let it snow ,,, so 5:10 pm or  at night or evening ,,,   we will see 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

OR (more likely) that may be the special auction plot which was quoted as having "seasonal content" ^^.   I'll go with guess number two since that is much more likely :D.

I'm with you on this, I think most likely the picture's a teaser for the OOAK auction, final (open!) bidding Oct 15th.

I REALLY hope that's it, because if it relates at all to the release date for the Vics, then a straightforward interpretation would be that release is looking like it'll be close to Christmas.  And I REALLY hope the release isn't Christmas week, which is coming at us like a tornado, because if it were Christmas week, a lot of us will be too incurably busy to hunt homes!

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

I'm with you on this, I think most likely the picture's a teaser for the OOAK auction, final (open!) bidding Oct 15th.

I REALLY hope that's it, because if it relates at all to the release date for the Vics, then a straightforward interpretation would be that release is looking like it'll be close to Christmas.  And I REALLY hope the release isn't Christmas week, which is coming at us like a tornado, because if it were Christmas week, a lot of us will be too incurably busy to hunt homes!

You are reading INTO the line  -- the Christmas part. You could finish that sentence in OH SO MANY WAYS.     

But likely not until the Expo closes for sure. The  bad part about Christmas week is that a lot of folks will be gone and not necessarily close to a computer  OR a computer with SL on it. I know you can get a plot with your phone, but you can't see if you want to keep it --- unless of course you call a friend who can get into SL and they can go check for you  etc.   

Will see.  

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Patch's pic for today:  The title is "Let it Snow"

But the description is:  "It's beginning to look a lot like ..."

49205910202_a8e38c9e8f_5k.jpg

.... Christmas?

Nothing like a simple pic to stir up rumour and speculation... yeah I'll bite lol

Here are my fantastical speculations...

• There's no imminent release - Patch just likes to wind us up and watch the rumours fly (mwahahahah!)
  • The release date is the number of snow blocks, so 21st? (quieter mwahahahaha)
  • The release date isn't hinted but it is just before Christmas
  • The new house controllers have a seasonal option - you can add snow to your home in winter if you want, roofs etc., (that would be awesome) instead of through adding from the content packs. (Patch hinted at the Expo the homes could do some cool stuff which sounded to me like more than just simply something like changing wall colours, but that we'd have to wait and see when released, so it's probably not colouring the walls as we saw that at the Expo).

(In all seriousness I always thought the release would be after Christmas and new year so they have time to finish their testing and people are back from holidays etc. We'll know soon enough...)

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1585 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.