Next theme victorian?

Raspberry Crystal

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1596 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm still debating on the new houses.  I can't see having both a Traditional and a Victorian, so if I do get one of them, I will let the Trad go.  I figure the absolute earliest that they will release is next week, so I've got at least the weekend to ponder and decide.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Elena Core said:

Could be the weather hehe. The expo sim is amazing, we just need to see the real setting once it's revealed. and it might not be for everybody.

Also, we are coming from a different place now. Before, we just had the old linden homes, and we were moving to something exponentially better with 1024sqm. I guess that was what caused all the rush. Now, some of us have home in lovely spots, so the feeling is difference; I'm never letting my trad go. I've been so lucky with the region and the neoghbours...

I'm considering creating an alt or using hubby's account for the Victorian, but I know my search won't be as intense as it was when trying to get a new linden home.

This is exactly my feeling too. I always wanted a house on the beach and now I have it I don't want to let it go. I don't want to kick my alt back to premium up again for a new house that I may not use and don't actually need since I rarely ever log him in anyway, as much as I love the look of them. And OMG Hardy; I'm in love with the damn name (or just the actor, I can't tell which)! It's like the LDPW are TRYING to get me to house hunt again! Damn them! 😭 *shakes fist and loves them anyway* 

But yeah, all jokes aside I'm not as excited for the new homes as I was previously as I am one of the rare few that feel like I have found my perfect lot. I MIGHT try for a new house for a month maybe but I really can't see myself keeping it and even as I type this I feel half-hearted about it. It's better to me if the homes go to those who don't have one yet or just want one for whatever reason. I don't want one really, it's just because it's new and shiny and has that name I want (bring that in as a premium surname, I'll be Rae Hardy in a Hardy house!), oh and porches... I actually do love those porches... But I love my beach too! Dammit LL! 

*cries dramatically*  Why do you have to tempt us so?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Knutz Scorpio said:

Not sure if I'm moving to a Victorian, leaning more towards stealing their details to add to my Winchester.  They are definitely bigger then the Traditionals, I could see how they filled up more of their lots.

They still leave room for gardening, and some of them also have room for a garage. It is easy to see in @Pussycat Catnap's pictures, because she has on the "show property lines".

• Like 1

I don't want to let any of my Trads go, really. I have spent so much time on them, and made every one special. It is totally a luxury problem.

It is very important for me, to see the regions before they are released. If they really have the standard of the showcase we see now in the Expo.

But yes, if they have so many flowers and details, I must have a Victorian. Not only do the more rooms and porch take away the need of add-ons, but if the front gardens have so many flowers, there will be no need to plant my own flowers... more Li to decorate with.

There will be no sea views, boo-hoo! Well, there are a few places with sea view, so I shall not say it's impossible.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

But yeah, all jokes aside I'm not as excited for the new homes as I was previously as I am one of the rare few that feel like I have found my perfect lot. I MIGHT try for a new house for a month maybe but I really can't see myself keeping it and even as I type this I feel half-hearted about it.

You're not alone in that. M houseboat is what I have wanted in SL for almost a decade. I just managed to get rid of my Blake Sea lot that was an attempt to get that but flawed by the lack of a covenant letting neighbors build blight...

I am not so attached to my Walt's trad, and I have a third premium so I will try for one... but... I might just drop down to 1 premium in a few months when my alts current payment ends.

The new style looks nice but I had my enthusiasm somewhat damped today when some fool in the Bellisseria group described them cheerfully as `slavery plantation` inspired in noting why she wanted one...

...one thing I just don't get about my fellow Americans. I can't imagine a German cheerfully embracing something because they felt it was `Nazi concentration camp' inspired...

...but that's exactly what I get from other Americans all the time...

And that's not what these houses looked like to me, until someone said that in chat, and now it's stuck in my head... Enough so that I am hesitant to embrace them now...

EDIT: I re-read my chat log... the person was NOT saying they wanted a house because it reminded them of that theme.
They noted the houses reminded them of 'slavery' era house AND in another comment that they loved the design of the houses. Someone else noted that 'plantation' houses are a different era.
- I saw two words close together and that flashed in my mind an association of words that trigger me for a number of reasons. I failed to see the second person was actually contradicting the first.
So yeah... I got triggered by an association that tends to be super raw for me... Not that anyone else should have gotten triggered...

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Sad 8

10 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

You're not alone in that. M houseboat is what I have wanted in SL for almost a decade. I just managed to get rid of my Blake Sea lot that was an attempt to get that but flawed by the lack of a covenant letting neighbors build blight...

I am not so attached to my Walt's trad, and I have a third premium so I will try for one... but... I might just drop down to 1 premium in a few months when my alts current payment ends.

The new style looks nice but I had my enthusiasm somewhat damped today when some fool in the Bellisseria group described them cheerfully as `slavery plantation` inspired in noting why she wanted one...

...one thing I just don't get about my fellow Americans. I can't imagine a German cheerfully embracing something because they felt it was `Nazi concentration camp' inspired...

And that's not what these houses looked like to me, until some horrible person said that in chat, and now it's stuck in my head... Enough so that I am hesitant to embrace them now...

Oh dear. Glad I wasn't privy to that chat I usually just listen along but when pushed I jump in and that would have pushed me to say something where I don't hold back . I'm so sorry that happened. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

And that's not what these houses looked like to me, until some horrible person said that in chat, and now it's stuck in my head... Enough so that I am hesitant to embrace them now...

That’s rotten that stuck, hope you manage to squash that vision and regain your excitement! Some real *****waffles in this world.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Ugh. 😳

I hope you can let it go. Really, what a thing to say....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

What a monstrous thing to say.  I am surprised that no one called this person out, possibly folks were too stunned to respond.  Please do not allow the opinions of this completely ignorant (antebellum architecture is primarily Georgian and Neoclassical, a far cry from Victorian), badly spoken (slavery plantation?  what is that, a farm where they grow slaverys?), racist-inspired jerk influence your opinions and actions in the least.

If I had been a group moderator online at the time, this person would have been ejected from the group so fast they'd leave their mesh body behind them.  ETA: and though @Patch Linden's  team operates out of Atlanta, I feel sure his reaction would have been similar to mine, if he'd been in chat.

At least in my book, you have some standing in the SL community, Pussycat.  You've been providing scripts and scripting help to SL citizens for years. Do not let some johnny-come-lately ignoramus deny you any pleasure you wish to take in SL.   IMHO, if you see something you want, go for it.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 8

I'm all tiered out on mainland and not giving up on mainland! I LOVE MY MAINLAND! Now I have to plan for another alt to get a new home though lol boo

THESE HOMES are ACE! The Moles are on their game! I love these homes!!! 

And I already have a favorite model. lol.

Edited by Therese Tammas
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

@Pussycat Catnap, please don not let someone with such a sad spirit get to you. Some people have trash on their souls and they need to throw it to the world, so other people have the same garbage on them.  Those Linden Victorian homes are made with love, to begin with. 

When I posted it about my ideas on having Mediterranean style houses, someone came to me saying that style was part of a culture that invaded and destroyed the former Southamerican civilization... And I was just showing pictures of homes....

Plus, that person really needs to read and investigage a bit more on History. Even me, on the other side of the Ocean, can tell the difference.Please, we really need more reading in this  modern era...

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 8

Hugs to Pussycat Catnip,....

Ignore what was said  on  on that chat thing . FOOLS talk that way. !!!

Get the home of your dreams!!!  Hugs,hugs,hugs,

Edited by roseelvira
thinggy doube posting and not catching right
  • Like 4

18 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

...If you look look at the grey oblong pieces and then look again at Pussycat's pictures, I'd bet money on the grey parts being the boulevards and bridges and other roadway parts.

I get what you mean but for that the grey oblong pieces would have to be much bigger and nit sso many of them on one region.

• Like 1

Finally got in to see the new houses having based my previous post on pictures alone. I will say I ADORE the detail of them; The design, the fittings, even the textures around the door frames! And I LOVE the porches, OMG they are fantastic. I wish I had that smaller one on my beach lot, if I had that I think I'd be over the moon. The landscaping is gorgeous too. Very spread out and colourful and all round relaxing really. Those willow tress are gorgeous and the little bridges and walkways and even the sidewalk with the added driveway was fantastic. The team has done a magnificent job all round. But the visit didn't change my mind at all. I'm sincerely happy where I am and not going anywhere any time soon. Ask me later I guess. The good news is it means one less person in the running if nothing else. Sincerely best of luck to everyone getting ready for their official release, whenever that may be.

Amazing work @Patch Linden and the team ! You've truly outdone yourselves this year! ❤️👍😊

• Like 4

I can't remember so lang back to the Home & Garden expo when we first saw the Trads and Boats. Was the landscaping around them in the showcase better than the actual landscaping we got?

Or was it more or less the same.

Everyone, me included, likes the feeling of houses spread out and the landscaping between the Victorian lots. New plants in lovely colors, many more new tree types, brick walls, ponds and so on... It is almost too good to be true, shall we really have that in the ordinary regions? Even swimming ducks? Lol!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Honey, don't let that a$$ wipe ruin what is a beautiful, spacious set of homes with that hateful garbage. I see that reveal as classic New Orleans........Marti Gra, Jazz, Spanish moss, Swamps, Spicy Crawfish and many other fine Cajun dishes. Make Your SL the way you want it and mute those who bring only hate, intolerance and strife into this virtual world.

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I can't remember so lang back to the Home & Garden expo when we first saw the Trads and Boats. Was the landscaping around them in the showcase better than the actual landscaping we got?

Or was it more or less the same.

Everyone, me included, likes the feeling of houses spread out and the landscaping between the Victorian lots. New plants in lovely colors, many more new tree types, brick walls, ponds and so on... It is almost too good to be true, shall we really have that in the ordinary regions? Even swimming ducks? Lol!

Looking at the SSP map gives a pretty good idea. Some regions appear to  have a feature in the center, others don't appear to have anything. I think the Expo was an example of one that might have a central feature e.g  bridge or garden area. So it will be dependent on what region you end up in, and where your house is as to whether you see that.  I don't think it's a case of every region looking like the Expo with only a few homes spread out - not judging by the SSP. Examples to illustrate:

These two with central features (bridge, and fountain for the other I'm guessing):

SSP663_4.JPG.01161e28b5ad25b78dacb2dcd2fb632d.JPG

This one no distinct central feature

ssp639.JPG.2a4b51ff6fa27284e1ea85924cb9b8c4.JPG

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1596 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.