Next theme victorian?

Raspberry Crystal

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1596 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

59 minutes ago, Chloe Dolores said:

I've been to see the new reveal in world - I do like these Victorian styles they are more suited to my own taste but I am still feeling pretty underwhelmed by them. I don't have any burning desire to create alts to get them, they don't have an attic room under the roof which is the kind of feature I was hoping for.

Plenty of attic skyboxes for sale. Some of them super low land impact. That's a way to semi solve this.

You could also carve one out as these homes have some tall ceilings.

To me these are just 'improved traditionals'. If we were getting Victorian I was hoping they'd be urban Victorians like in San Francisco and not Southern or something. I'm used to tall and narrow buildings - but... those would not fit well in SL because they're designed to be slammed up against each other. The reason for my joke about hearing through the walls... to me a Victorian is basically 3 feet wide, 2 feet long, and 1024 feet tall... :P

San-Francisco-Victorian-Houses-914x1024.

Hallway+victorian+house+coving.jpg

When people were calling these new homes Victorians I was confused... O.o

That said... my alt in a traditional will probably try for one. Gotta think on it.

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 3

56 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

If I was after one of these homes this would really make me happy. I loved the spacious feel inside this one. But part of the reason I'm not sure I'd be happy in one is exactly because there are so many rooms - I wouldn't know what to do with them all lol.

yeah, I don't like doors in SL that I have to click on.

The entire reason my alt has an Adams traditional is it has no doors inside... so the doors I added have my own script that is collision based - but mostly don't use doors.

I don't like to divide up all the sections in SL, and have spent most of my SL in open studio skyboxes. Easier to decorate.

That has me hesitating on these - I didn't see any like the Adams design.

So I must take down the Christmas decor on my Trads and just sit and wait for a release... 😒

It will be Trads free for many people now. Maybe boats too.

The good about these new homes, is no need to buy add-ons and waste Li. Or porches. Plus the flowers are very nice.

We will see the real regions too, before the release? Not just this showcase?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

The entire new southern region has no houseboats. Once more people are in Bellisseria... folks with a houseboat will be a sort of elite 'oldbie' crowd... I predict the amount of threads we see complaining about not getting a boat will skyrocket.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Plenty of attic skyboxes for sale. Some of them super low land impact. That's a way to semi solve this.

You could also carve one out as these homes have some tall ceilings.

To me these are just 'improved traditionals'. If we were getting Victorian I was hoping they'd be urban Victorians like in San Francisco and not Southern or something. I'm used to tall and narrow buildings - but... those would not fit well in SL because they're designed to be slammed up against each other. The reason for my joke about hearing through the walls... to me a Victorian is basically 3 feet wide, 2 feet long, and 1024 feet tall... :P

San-Francisco-Victorian-Houses-914x1024.

Hallway+victorian+house+coving.jpg

When people were calling these new homes Victorians I was confused... O.o

That said... my alt in a traditional will probably try for one. Gotta think on it.

Victorian style spans many types of homes. The ones in SF are basically townhomes. NYC has this type as well. 

The large ones were the ones that were built as wealthy people summer homes in the suburbs of these cities. Or, the farmhouse style were more modest and yep, belonged to regular folk. 

One of the largest concentrations of Victoria houses in the USA is in Cape May NJ, a seaside small town that's really lovely and filled with well kept houses that are mostly now B&B's. And of course, New Orleans Garden District comes to mind too. 

• Like 1

Just now, Pussycat Catnap said:

The entire new southern region has no houseboats. Once more people are in Bellisseria... folks with a houseboat will be a sort of elite 'oldbie' crowd... I predict the amount of threads we see complaining about not getting a boat will skyrocket.

So you don't think people will abandon boats? I am sure there will be abandoned Trad homes soon, as word about the Victorians spread.

1 hour ago, Nika Talaj said:

The flowers and trees in current Belli are not what you would call low LI.  Is it possible that some of the new landscaping elements are lighter weight?

Not at the expo. The first tree I gave a name to here was around 150LI...
I didn't dare look at the second one... an avatar could go blind looking at that kind of land impact too much...

• Haha 6

5 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

So you don't think people will abandon boats? I am sure there will be abandoned Trad homes soon, as word about the Victorians spread.

Traditionals and Victorians are basically the same concept - a house on land.

If you're into sailing, you want a houseboat. I just sold a 1500m plot for 79,000L on blake sea - which is about 25-50% of what it would have sold for before Bellisseria came out... Water land is EXTREMELY sought after in SL...

I sold it because... I got a houseboat... Blake Sea is sooo yesterday... so my land's value there collapsed. But a collapse there is still 'insane prices' by the standard of anywhere else on mainland. So even selling at that price, it was a steep loss...

7 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Victorian style spans many types of homes. The ones in SF are basically townhomes. NYC has this type as well. 

One of the largest concentrations of Victoria houses in the USA is in Cape May NJ ... And of course, New Orleans Garden District comes to mind too. 

Yeah. I learned about that looking at Google images to get the above pics. Before today I'd never seen those.

25 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

So I must take down the Christmas decor on my Trads and just sit and wait for a release... 😒

The good about these new homes, is no need to buy add-ons and waste Li. Or porches. Plus the flowers are very nice.

We will see the real regions too, before the release? Not just this showcase?

I am looking forward to getting a Victorian.  I've already abandoned my camper and am going to abandon my traditional very soon.  I won't have to use 50 LI for a wrap around porch as each Victorian has a decent porch (I tricked out my porch add-on).  I won't have to use interior divider walls as the floorplans have several choices that can be used for bathrooms, more bedrooms etc.  My landscaping may be pared back as well and I can use that extra LI to decorate a Victorian.  Once premium plus is available I will one of the first in line for that as well.   

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Cougar Sangria said:

I've already abandoned my camper and am going to abandon my traditional very soon.

I've got 2 premium alts. I'll grab it on one of them - and then hunt out a good camper on the other or... take one account down to basic.

I've been using the 2nd premium to farm campers kind of in anticipation of this... as in... if she finds a good camper before this hits, the one in the trad abandons and tries... if not, alt #2 tries and once I get a good victorian, the alt in the trad abandons and goes basic.

That said in the past 3 days I've gone through over 10+ campers and found things I didn't like about all of them... most of them were on the beach or in flat land... just got a near perfect one until I noticed a neighbor had rezzed a prim with a picture of a fence on it rather than using an actual fence... and had left unpacking boxes all over floating in mid air...

6 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Also, LOL, I see that there's a temporary 10% discount on new premium memberships, coincident with this impending release of Victorian homes "very soon".

SOOOO we have our answer on how LL feels about making premium alts to get multiple homes.  Hope we don't hear any more dissing of that practice ever again!

And LL also just posted that existing members can get that same 10% discount if they want to prepay their next year of Premium.  Maybe to entice some folks that are thinking of downgrading an alt or two to reconsider.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

Patch shared a 2nd pic from the reveal, very nice but no 8-ball in view yet :)  .  Called "Skate the Victorians"

49174509912_3b353f2c45_c.jpg

Thank goodness, not expecting people to stroll around in bustle skirts and frock coats.  Tho the occasional period costume parade or high tea wouldn't be at all bad!

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

I've been to the reveal and this is what I think of the new theme.

moving2_001.thumb.jpg.8a4b412fd1b92bbaee700ea1e60c8fe7.jpg

moving_001.thumb.jpg.5e682f505da4d06d1c6e328cd13db8ac.jpg

I'll be ready to move all my belongs come release day. :D 

Released my camper and my traditional.  I am ready to grab one or two.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

I've been to the reveal and this is what I think of the new theme.

moving2_001.thumb.jpg.8a4b412fd1b92bbaee700ea1e60c8fe7.jpg

moving_001.thumb.jpg.5e682f505da4d06d1c6e328cd13db8ac.jpg

I'll be ready to move all my belongs come release day. :D 

I bet you've already measured every nook and cranny  and know exactly where everything is going 😄

I know I have. I've got the for sale sign on my camper up already 🤣

For Sale!

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

11 minutes ago, Cougar Sangria said:

Released my camper and my traditional.  I am ready to grab one or two.

yeah I am definately willing to release my traditional for a stab at these houses and I just got a waterfront property on Badger Beach the other day.   I have my houseboat and I lucked out the other day and got a perfect spot for a camper in Pugwash and those two I am not willing to give up as both those spots make my heart flutter so to speak.

The traditional houses I have found lots of spots I like and are beautiful, but I think my issue is with the houses and my reason that I can't settle.  And I don't mean anything negative about the houses I think it is just me.  These new ones look more like my cup of tea.

Looking forward to release day!

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, karynmaria said:

yeah I am definately willing to release my traditional for a stab at these houses and I just got a waterfront property on Badger Beach the other day.   I have my houseboat and I lucked out the other day and got a perfect spot for a camper in Pugwash and those two I am not willing to give up as both those spots make my heart flutter so to speak.

The traditional houses I have found lots of spots I like and are beautiful, but I think my issue is with the houses and my reason that I can't settle.  And I don't mean anything negative about the houses I think it is just me.  These new ones look more like my cup of tea.

Looking forward to release day!

I don't mind giving up my camper in the least. It's my 2nd one. I'd hoped to settle into this one because the location is pretty ideal but like I've mentioned previously - I'm just not an outdoorsy sort of person. I have several premium alts so I have a house in Well Springs across from the beach with great views and lovely neighbors which I adore and another in Lost Bell up on a hill with killer views. Adore my houseboat, so that certainly stays. And I still have one more open slot to play with if something else interesting pops up. I'm really looking forward to these new ones. I walked through all of them earlier this evening and love the spacious room sizes!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

I don't mind giving up my camper in the least. It's my 2nd one. I'd hoped to settle into this one because the location is pretty ideal but like I've mentioned previously - I'm just not an outdoorsy sort of person. I have several premium alts so I have a house in Well Springs across from the beach with great views and lovely neighbors which I adore and another in Lost Bell up on a hill with killer views. Adore my houseboat, so that certainly stays. And I still have one more open slot to play with if something else interesting pops up. I'm really looking forward to these new ones. I walked through all of them earlier this evening and love the spacious room sizes!

Funny how each of us are so different in what we want and like.  I would never have thought that a camper would be my favorite spot, but it has turned out to be so.  It is not even totally  private it is by the water, but what got me is I  am right beside the train tracks and there is train track lights there that just make it a picture perfect spot.  It is just the combination of water, train tracks, the train lights , sand and grass that I just love.  

• Like 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1596 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.