Next theme victorian?

Raspberry Crystal

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1568 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I wonder if the child in the picture is to indicate they are family homes, perhaps 2048m2? Perhaps two regular premiums can "date" and join together their allowance to get one?

As for the style it looks like the others to me, but perhaps bigger. But I am no expert US houses all look like they are from horror movies to me ( but that probably says more about the films I watch than anything else).

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Aethelwine said:

I wonder if the child in the picture is to indicate they are family homes, perhaps 2048m2? Perhaps two regular premiums can "date" and join together their allowance to get one?

As for the style it looks like the others to me, but perhaps bigger. But I am no expert US houses all look like they are from horror movies to me ( but that probably says more about the films I watch than anything else).

Patch has had kids in the photos before -- the trailers which are 512 lots, so doesn't seem like it has anything to do with "family".    IF they ever decide to make some 2048 lots it will likely be on a new continent (at least that's MY guess). Early on it was stated repeatedly that these were "starter homes" so I wouldn't bet on larger lots. Things can change though. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Patch has had kids in the photos before -- the trailers which are 512 lots, so doesn't seem like it has anything to do with "family".    IF they ever decide to make some 2048 lots it will likely be on a new continent (at least that's MY guess). Early on it was stated repeatedly that these were "starter homes" so I wouldn't bet on larger lots. Things can change though. 

Perhaps as you suggested on the first page something to do with "Super Duper Premium" too. The style looks pretty much the same as the traditional ones to me, I can see if they were to do a japanese area like the old premium doing it on a new continent, but I can't see a need to segregate parcel sizes. They seem to have regions now with mixed 512s and 1024s.

There is very little to go on, I have nothing invested in the idea and this is just wild conjecture, but it seems as plausible as a new more specific traditional theme with a new set of houses.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Well to me that makes sense! Like you can join and put together your square meter and prim allowance on the mainland they could make a new continent with 2048 lots and double prim for couples... or friends ... or just people with TWO premium alts!

• Like 1

I can't believe no one is seeing the obvious clues in these photos. He posted the first one yesterday, on the date October 29. As everyone knows, October 29, 1929 was Black Tuesday. It kicked off the Great Depression, which lasted 12 years, about the age of the child in his photos. The Great Depression was the end of the era known as the Roaring 20s. This all ties together in the photo of a man leaving his "roaring 20s" and entering his 30s with a child to take care of instead of going out partying every night and being a wild man. 

In the picture taken on the porch, in the background you can easily see the dust, though the area he and his boy are standing is nice and sunny. Is he looking forward towards brighter things? Or is he simply not paying attention to the storm brewing behind him? My interpretation is that he is looking back at his roaring 20s with a smile, not realizing that as soon as he turns around, he'll be facing the dust storm, thus invoking deeply moving imagery of the Dust Bowl. Are the moving boxes at his new house? Or is this the old house that he has packed up? It's the old house, obviously. If he and the boy were just moving in, the furniture would be there before the boxes because it would be silly to unpack all those boxes then have to move the furniture in around all the stuff you've unpacked. Clearly the furniture has already been loaded and they're just grabbing the last few boxes. Much like the Joad family, Patch and his son have packed their belongings and are leaving Oklahoma (Georgia and Oklahoma are both between the 30th and 40th (north) parallel, another nod to a man leaving his 20s and entering the next decade of his life), headed to California (headquarters of Linden Lab) but they are trapped by the Dust Bowl. Don't you see? This is an homage to the Grapes of Wrath... but it goes much deeper. 

In the movie version of the Grapes of Wrath, Tom Joad was portrayed by Henry Fonda. A young Henry Fonda...

153552895_HenryFonda.jpg.601790d410ae7ad36972ed7a6cd49313.jpg

... looks remarkably like both @Patch Linden AND the child in the photos. 

Henry Fonda, of course, had three children, one of whom was Peter Fonda. Peter shares a first initial with Patch... Do you see where I'm going with this yet?? Patch made it SO OBVIOUS with these clues! Peter Fonda (RIP) was part of the 60s counterculture and experimented with lots of psychedelic drugs which led to many vibrant hallucinations. Coincidentally, Peter's sister, Henry's daughter, Jane, made a movie that was very similar to many of the hallucinations from Peter's very best LCD trips. That movie was the masterpiece known as Barbarella. The year Barbarella is set in? 40,000. What comes after the 20s and 30s? Yes, the 40s... Coincidence? I think not. 

This little photo series of Patch's is obviously showing him packing up and leaving the more traditional looking homes and the multiple homages to Black Tuesday, Steinbeck, the Depression, the Grapes of Wrath, the Dust Bowl, the Joad Family, Henry Fonda, the 20s and 30s, as Peter Fonda, and Jane Fonda, hallucinogenics, acid trips, and ultimately, Barbarella, are pointing clearly at the next theme of homes being very retro sci-fi fabulous. 

1960-s-Movie-BARBARELLA-Landscape-1-canvas-print-self-adhesive-poster-photo-print-14612-p.jpg.5542b6baf859846bf2408036aef86d51.jpg

I cannot believe how far off the mark you all are. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 15

5 hours ago, Clover Jinx said:

Blue Willow china was popular in 18th century England

Now that could very likely be a true clue.

3 hours ago, Aethelwine said:

2 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Well to me that makes sense! Like you can join and put together your square meter and prim allowance on the mainland they could make a new continent with 2048 lots and double prim for couples... or friends ... or just people with TWO premium alts!

I cannot see them ever doing the type of coding that would be required in the back end to support multiple accounts joining their allowance together for a single place. 

Then how do they handle things if Joe Blow suddenly decides he wants out of the relationship and wants to screw you, so he withdraws his allowance on the land and/or abandons the home so he can go get his own.   Nope, way too many complexities to take into account for that to be an option.

2 hours ago, Aethelwine said:

Perhaps the date then for release is Sunday 24 November when there is a conjunction of the morning star (Venus) and Jupiter. There is a conjunction between Venus and Mercury today too.

But a Sunday release?

I honestly cannot see them doing any sort of release before they get to do a Big Reveal Preview.  

Not sure I can see a Sunday release either.  IF they ever decided to do one on a weekend, I'd go with a Saturday before a Sunday.

1 hour ago, Ziggy Starsmith said:

Be careful people, your all getting outrageously, carried away and setting yourselves up for total disappointment if nothing meets some of these insane predictions lol. 

Due to the nature of these forums isn't insane predictions mostly what we do? 😜

(Besides, it's a fun way to pass the time while we wait for the "soon" ™ ©® )

• Like 9
  • Haha 5

Holds up her detective magnifying glass.

October 29, 2018 a familiar scene...in a traditional  home.  Released in the spring of 2019

f060a67c94f1ae4f898e54cce82a2819.thumb.png.167bb3b20137c49dff5b6e6108ba4009.png

October 29, 2019 a familiar scene again....in another new theme home?

d94826b786a5a3ec98d62db8540f24f7.thumb.png.26dfcd2f7b1a3041608aadd40c9dd51d.png

To me, the timing is, he posted a very similar image exactly one year prior in a pending theme linden home.
Release date?  Who knows....

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Maybe he is all packed up and nowhere to go? Give up his home and got his timing wrong and there were no new houses built. A jibe at us catchers who are often left homeless  😂 

Seriously though I would love Victorian style homes. I love miniatures in RL and have two Victorian 12th scale houses. Also I love the type of American style home which features in this Miranda Lambert video.

Lovely old farmhouse, really nice slightly distressed texturing!  I'll be interested to see the landscaping in these areas, it's still reading kinda Kansas to me.

Look at those pretty windows!  Time to get out the shabby chic decor (digs through inventory for radiators).

Let's pray, shall we, for the spooling that sometimes goes with this style?  (note the faux soffet, as seen out the window in the previous pic).

farmhouse-front-door-modern-farmhouse-fr

/me makes grabby hands at the content pack for this house.  WANT those weathered textures!

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 3

I see what you mean!  Roost has SO MANY houses, I'm amazed you came up with that so quickly!

That's kind of a New England take on the style, with the shingles, as opposed to the more typical Great Plains broad clapboard.  Look, though, spooling!  *cheers*

The styling around the peak is classic.

[btw world, I still think there should be exterior shingles available for Traditional styles.  Particularly on beachy ones! I'm waiting, add-on makers!]

• Administrators
9 hours ago, PrudenceAnton said:

Holds up her detective magnifying glass.

October 29, 2018 a familiar scene...in a traditional  home.  Released in the spring of 2019

October 29, 2019 a familiar scene again....in another new theme home?

To me, the timing is, he posted a very similar image exactly one year prior in a pending theme linden home.
Release date?  Who knows....

giphy.gif

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1568 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.