Next theme victorian?

Raspberry Crystal

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1590 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

/me sneaks in while Patch might still be looking and repeats the request for:

a 2nd floor panel that can be either a normal wall, or a DOOR, so add-ons can have a 2nd floor room that one can walk into from the rest of the 2nd floor.

Pweeze?  *bats eyes*

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nika Talaj said:

a 2nd floor panel that can be either a normal wall, or a DOOR, so add-ons can have a 2nd floor room that one can walk into from the rest of the 2nd floor.

Pweeze?  *bats eyes*

If you can make LL do that, you are good!

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

20 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

If you can make LL do that, you are good!

Lol well, it would be folly to try to MAKE LL do anything. 

But I think it's a decent suggestion, worth them considering.  It would make for more comfortable homes, for those willing to spend LI expanding the house a bit.  The building part of it wouldn't be too difficult, if the home had a blank wall available.  It would probably be OK to do it off a bedroom wall, or certainly off a hallway.  The toughest part of it would be the scripting necessary to add the option to the house controller, and if I could do it (and I'm pretty sure I could), then I'm dang sure @Dyna Mole , or Dyna's pals, could!

Edited by Nika Talaj
spelling is gut
  • Like 1

• Moles
2 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

The toughest part of it would be the scripting necessary to add the option to the house controller, and if I could do it (and I'm pretty sure I could), then I'm dang sure @Dyna Mole , or Dyna's pals, could!

Be careful what you wish for. Every new feature makes the system more complicated and potentially harder to use. Extra bells and whistles also increase the number of things that can go wrong unexpectedly. We have to be very cautious about how many great ideas we can stuff into the homes (although you are right --- moles are ... ahem ... smarter than the average bear).

Image result for yogi bear images

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Elena Core said:

Wouldn't you love a region similar to our Moles' homes? The buildings were made by another great creator, but I'm sure they can build something similar. It would be the Fantasy theme homes upgrade! I'd love to live in such a whimsical town.

Snapshot_001.png

Snapshot_002.png

i LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE  these, would be awesome to have them as a theme

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Elena Core said:

Wouldn't you love a region similar to our Moles' homes? The buildings were made by another great creator, but I'm sure they can build something similar. It would be the Fantasy theme homes upgrade! I'd love to live in such a whimsical town.

Snapshot_001.png

Snapshot_002.png

wonder if they sell these inworld somewhere. i neeeeed them in my life

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Elena Core said:

Snapshot_001.png

Snapshot_002.png

I think they're cute and well done but I wouldn't want to live in one or have one next door to me. Would feel like living on Mainland all over again. There could be an island continent where this could happen I guess, it's just not for me. I'm not belittling these or those that enjoy them as I respect we each have our own tastes and likes etc, I just prefer realism without the whimsy. But as they say to each their own. :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

I think they're cute and well done but I wouldn't want to live in one or have one next door to me. Would feel like living on Mainland all over again. There could be an island continent where this could happen I guess, it's just not for me. I'm not belittling these or those that enjoy them as I respect we each have our own tastes and likes etc, I just prefer realism without the whimsy. But as they say to each their own. :) 

I would not live there either, but it is the same as it is with the campers. I don't want a camper. It is good for me, less stress to run autorefresh and follow threads and group chat.

A cabin in the same rural area.. I would want that, especially if it's 1024 m plots. I think 512 would have to be a house/place I fell hard for.

But now I enjoy to have peace in mind and don't have to wish for a release.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

So basically they gussied up the basic homes to make them look Victorian. 

However, I am ok with this because then one doesn't have to waste prims by adding your own turrets, gables and other period vernacular architectural elements to the house. And the colors are pretty appropriate also.  

Can someone post pix of the rear of these houses? Curious about the elevation from the back.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1590 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.