Next theme victorian?

Raspberry Crystal

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1594 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

22 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

Korean is my second language. The pronunciation on that is NOT juh-guht. At least NOT as an American would pronounce a 'uh' sound. It's hard to write in English characters because Korean has 2 'o' sounds that to a western ear can sound almost identical. It took me a few years living in Korean and developing a Seoul accent to be able to get them apart, and I still mix them up much to the humor of the Koreans in my life...

One is the ㅓ and the other is ㅗ .

ㅗ  is easy, it is a hard o: oh. Like in:

ㅗ kay boomer.

The other is -sometimes- a good fit for:

I love this sㅓng dude, this DJ Rawks! 100L on the board... but with a little bit more 'oh' in it than an American would typically use.

Next...

is more if a 'k' than a 'g', but a soft k, with a little bit of 'g' in it... if Kenny G was named Kenny K, it'd be how we said his name - soft and smooth... ㄲ  is the hard 'k'... A Vi ㄲ ing way of saying it... :P

is normally an 's', like: Let's all ing a ong. But at the end of a syllable it can be a 't', unless the next syllable begins with a vowel, in which case it becomes the leading 's' as it moves to the next syllable.

is usually a 'j', but with a slight hint to the fact that is the same 'ch' found in a game of eckers.

LOL YES! And they misspelt it, it should be keugeo

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

So... I'm reading and trying to learn here ... it looks like this is kinda like:

Chaw-kot 

Accent 2nd syllable?  Or none?  or 1st?

Try more like "Kyoo Zho (long O sound, accent on the "Zho") The way they spell it, can you see how even *I* couldn't pronounce it? Hahaha! And it basically means "This (over here)" in a simplified translation.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Thanks 2

Much to my surprise (the Traditionals leave me cold), I really like the Victorians. It took me a couple of days to get over the feeling that "meh…that's not a new theme, it's a variation on an existing theme", but when you see them in-world, there are many little details that do differentiate them from the Traditionals. Also, the landscaping is very different (and absolutely gorgeous as usual) and that also helps giving the region its own feel.

It'll be interesting to see how they'll translate when they go live. To my mind, their size calls for more room to "breathe" around them, so too many in a region could feel a bit crowded. Will I try for one…maybe. Will I keep it…mayyyyybe. But I'm definitely curious.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

You would need patterns really. I think there will be a market for those interior wall add ons.

I'm not sure I could manage the fully chintzy (uk meaning) look.

I wasn't referring to floral patterns. Neither are most contexts I am seeing when the term is used.

Though I'd like to see this one in Belli:

2971417.jpg

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Eowyn Southmoor said:

Roost makes a home almost identical to that

But it's not an LL Home! And it should include a dead body in a wheelchair in the attic as an option. Oh, and a knife-wielding bot appears when you take a shower.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, Nika Talaj said:

Interesting!  Of course each HUD is mated to that single house, and I suppose everyone who has the ability to use the control panel can pick one up? 

This part will be interesting.  The HUD will definitely have to be tied to the plot so that nobody can change things in somebody else's house.  The second part is what I'm more interested in:  If my alt owns the home and gives me access to the control panel, will I be able to get a HUD and change the colors - or will I always have to log on the alt for that?  Since the HUD is in the control panel rather than the house rezzer, that leads me to believe that anyone given access to the control panel can get the HUD - and hopefully use it.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
typos
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I already started to plan how to fill them with furniture. I need to bump the low Li curtains thread. A set of curtains in every window will be 20-30 Li, even if I try to use only 1 Li per window.

I have not the faintest idea how to furnish such a house.

I am looking foreward to your first pictures of your's and to those of all the other to interior architects of Bellisseria.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

After looking carefully at each house type many times, I think that I would like The Verne house the most. It has the smallest footprint so it leaves the most room for garden. I like that as I have noticed that I spend the most time outside in my present traditional house parcel. If I ever move to Victorian house then The Verne is I most likely which I would choose. To save LI for garden use I might even leave the upstairs rooms empty.

The single story house The Doyle might be nice too, but it actually has a bigger footprint than The Verne.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

After looking carefully at each house type many times, I think that I would like The Verne house the most. It has the smallest footprint so it leaves the most room for garden. I like that as I have noticed that I spend the most time outside in my present traditional house parcel. If I ever move to Victorian house then The Verne is I most likely which I would choose. To save LI for garden use I might even leave the upstairs rooms empty.

The single story house The Doyle might be nice too, but it actually has a bigger footprint than The Verne.

I am trying Shelley first, I think. (If I get a Victorian) I like the Verne's octagonal turret and large windows, but I don't like that the wrap porch is on the same side. Shelley has the circular turret and I don't like that as much as the octagonal, but the porch looks better there. Better for me, that is.

Verne has that flat side where a greenhouse would look so good, but I doubt I will have many Li for the garden. So Shelley it is... I think.

The Hardy is going to be a major challenge, I have no idea if I can decorate it in an opulent style with old furniture and curtains in silk or velvet. I want curtains in every window, oil lamps, library book cases, gilded mirrors, flowers... 😄

I worry that the Li will run out after the first floor is furnished. Maybe the Hardy can be furnished in a more modern minimalist way. I can even cry and toss in some very low prim furniture in a modern interior. I think you know what I mean, the no mod 1 Li furniture that cost a fortune and has a billion animations I never use.

The Doyle is so cute, and it has 4 rooms, so it is no need to make a bathrom partition as in Adams. Doyle can be very pretty when decorated and furnished, I think.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1594 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.