NO Linden Home?? Please Vent Here!!

LakotaBlue Tuqiri

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1508 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Bizzarre thought, why not pick up the old houses off the old linden home lands and rework those continents since they already exist and put the new homes down there? Literally it'd make sense since they want to phase them out anyway, and it would help fill demand a lot faster. 

Look don't shoot me for asking, It's merely an idea.

2 minutes ago, AlyceAdrift said:

Bizzarre thought, why not pick up the old houses off the old linden home lands and rework those continents since they already exist and put the new homes down there? Literally it'd make sense since they want to phase them out anyway, and it would help fill demand a lot faster. 

Because that would be even more work I guess ...

• Like 1

• Moles
3 minutes ago, AlyceAdrift said:

Like I said, was just a theory since the regions already existed and have houses on them already. 

We considered that... for about half a minute. First we'd have to relocate the residents who still have homes there. Then we'd have to remove all the old houses, parceling, trees and everything else. Then there are all the behind the scenes things complications like removing the parcels from the LH assignment system, scripts that rely on the ssp region naming conventions...  the list goes on. All just so we could get to the same starting point of having a new blank region.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 13

Just now, Abnor Mole said:

We considered that... for about half a minute. First we'd have to relocate the residents who still have homes there. Then we'd have to remove all the old houses, parceling, trees and everything else. Then there are all the behind the scenes things complications like removing the parcels from the LH assignment system, scripts that rely on the ssp region naming conventions...  the list goes on. All just so we could get to the same starting point of having a new blank region.

See I didn't know all the technical parts behind it, thank you for elaborating on that, Abnor. It was a theory up in the air and now it makes sense. It was just trying to help find space to put the houses since the scripting is pretty well known for them, right? 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Tomomi Fukai said:

My take away is that when people saw the houses by themselves they thought "Meh." But once they saw them in the context of a planned out community where every location was unique in some way it changed to "Oh hell yes!" So the very thing that makes them so desirable is the one thing that makes it impossible to simply pump out 50 or 100k copies overnight. If they *had* done that, the reaction still would have been "Meh" and they'd be left with a glut of empty homes. I think everyone understands this on some level and people aren't as much upset that they didn't "make enough for everyone" from the get go as much as they are upset they haven't been able to get one yet. It just sounds more egalitarian to cloak desire for yourself as concern for all.  

This ^^^   Definitely this.  Especially those last 2 sentences.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, AlyceAdrift said:

Look don't shoot me for asking, It's merely an idea.

Patch and the Moles have already said that they considered that option but it wasn't workable.  There are likely not very many, if any, regions where ALL of the homes are abandoned - and they can't rework a region if people are living there. 

Not to mention, it wouldn't really be any faster.  In order to make it look nice and original and unique, like the current new continent, the regions would still have to be fully gutted and then the terraforming and landscaping started from scratch.   So still the same amount of time to terraform a region and then create parcels and place houses and do the landscaping.

It isn't the creation of a bare region that is time consuming.  They can plop those down faster than you can blink.

ETA -- Or, for all the reasons that Abnor gave (that I didn't see before posting this).

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 7

6 minutes ago, Paul Nowles said:

I will give away my linden home, why, to prove a point, why do you want a linden home...? you can get 1024 for nothing.... 350 prims... anyhwhere...disgusting that are assigning this much value to Linden homes...

actually, if you look for the same parcel inworld you will see that a lot of people charge crazy amounts of money for it. Linden homes don't cost anything, considering you're already paying or have already paid for premium... That's why Linden homes are better. Plus you get to have your house already up and still have a pretty decent prim allotment, with a regular piece of 1024 sqm land, you have to put your own house down, and that takes away from how many prims you have left to decorate with. 

2 hours ago, Paul Nowles said:

I will give away my linden home, why, to prove a point, why do you want a linden home...? you can get 1024 for nothing.... 350 prims... anyhwhere...disgusting that are assigning this much value to Linden homes...

You can't give your home to someone in particular. You can abandon it and it returns to the pool where anyone can grab it.

• Like 1

On 7/20/2019 at 5:32 AM, Paul Nowles said:

let me know how that turns out chief 😎👍

• Haha 10

Yeah, no. I missed out on a release because I had a real life, lol. I had to work, let's hope since I ended up in the ER last night and i'm out of work tomorrow I actually get one tomorrow. If not it will only be the 5th release I've gone through and camped out at my computer and still not gotten one ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlyceAdrift said:

Yeah, no. I missed out on a release because I had a real life, lol. I had to work, let's hope since I ended up in the ER last night and i'm out of work tomorrow I actually get one tomorrow. If not it will only be the 5th release I've gone through and camped out at my computer and still not gotten one ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh gosh - it sounds like you had an eventful Wednesday.  Good luck tomorrow!  I haven't kept up with what's happening - but I take it no improvements have been made to the process.  *sighs*

No home yet.  Every day, I tell myself that I'm ok without one.  Next thing I know I'm refreshing the page.... just to see.  I wish there was a waiting list.  I guess my clicky finger is just not fast enough to click that teeny acceptance box on Page 2.  I've missed about 7 so far.  

• Sad 2

On 7/15/2019 at 10:47 AM, Nika Talaj said:

LL is releasing new regions of them at a rate of 1 region (about 20 homes) every day or two. 

There is unofficial estimated there are around 60,000 premium accounts. I guess more after new Linden great success.  If we account it half (may be holders have 2 premium or not interesting in new home), it is 30,000.  If one region has 20 houses average, that need about 1,500 region.  If LL is releasing new regions of them at a rate of 1 region (about 20 homes) every day or two, that need 4 years to complete the supply. I guess there are around 500 region completed. The rest 1,000 region still need 2.7 years to complete.  They need a better plan to increase the house production.  

Thus, I really think the old linden homes were very low demand. I do not believe there are over 10,000 old linden homes. New linden home feed back may be far out of  LL's expectation.

Edited by Milissa Rossini

4 minutes ago, Milissa Rossini said:

There is unofficial estimated there are around 60,000 premium accounts. I guess more after new Linden great success.  If we account it half (may be holders have 2 premium or not interesting in new home), it is 30,000.  If one region has 20 houses average, that need about 1,500 region.  If LL is releasing new regions of them at a rate of 1 region (about 20 homes) every day or two, that need 4 years to complete the supply. I guess there are around 500 region completed. The rest 1,000 region still need 2.7 years to complete.  Thus, I really think the old linden homes were very low demand. I do not believe there are over 10,000 old linden homes.

though not every premium user wants one ... cut that estimate in half and you should be near the truth...

it's  late - didn't see you already did

Edited by Fionalein

3 hours ago, Milissa Rossini said:

There is unofficial estimated there are around 60,000 premium accounts. I guess more after new Linden great success.  If we account it half (may be holders have 2 premium or not interesting in new home), it is 30,000.  If one region has 20 houses average, that need about 1,500 region.  If LL is releasing new regions of them at a rate of 1 region (about 20 homes) every day or two, that need 4 years to complete the supply. I guess there are around 500 region completed. The rest 1,000 region still need 2.7 years to complete.  They need a better plan to increase the house production.  

Thus, I really think the old linden homes were very low demand. I do not believe there are over 10,000 old linden homes. New linden home feed back may be far out of  LL's expectation.

Yes, there were roughly 60,000 Premiums mentioned at some point last year. Since then, they've had a ton of signups, mostly due to folks wanting one of the new homes.  However, they've also had a lot of people leave Premium, some due to the unavailability of new Linden Homes and some due to the price increase.  Many of the latter were likely people reducing the number of Premium alts that they had --- I myself dropped from 8 to 4.  It's really hard telling how many Premiums there are now, but 60K is probably still as good a number as any to use - at least until something gives us a more current count.

Early on, Patch said that there were roughly 38,000 of the old Linden Homes and we know that a good many of those are empty.  I wouldn't be surprised if half or more of them were empty.  However, now many Premiums that never wanted one of the old homes do want one of the new homes -- either because the homes are that much nicer and/or because of the community aspect.  Not to mention the new Premium signups wanting homes.  However, I'd guess that the number of needed homes is still not the full 38,000 that were previously built.  Without knowing for sure how many of those older homes were occupied before all of the new home stuff started, coupled with not really know how many Premium accounts there actually are, it is hard to make any sort of intelligent guess as to how many are truly needed now.  

The original release was around 2300 houses & houseboats (a bit over I think, but we never got an exact figure). Then they released the Squishy Pickle which contains 711 houseboats.  Everything after that has been individual regions, somewhere from 20-30 of them I think (I've not really been keeping track), and I think they've averaged around 15-20 homes each (that might be a tad high for the "average", but close enough).  We also know that in addition to all of the current Bellisseria building that is going on, there are Moles working elsewhere to build out the Camper/Trailer areas.  From looking at the empty sections of the map, my guess is the 25 bare regions on the west side and the 9 regions in the NE part of the continent are being reserved for Camper/Trailer areas.  Let's be optimistic and say that those 34 will be the upcoming large release.  Since they average 15-20 homes per region with 1024 sqm plots and the Campers/Trailers will be on 512 sqm plots, let's estimate 30 homes per region (leaving space for community areas and the mountains themselves).  That comes in at a bit over 1000 Camper/Trailer homes to be soon released -- sometime next month, hopefully.  Add in some more homes for the regions they continue to release every other day or so.   All in all, by my count, at the time that the Trailers/Campers are actually released they will then have roughly 5000 homes out there -- and that is assuming they get another few hundred out from individual region releases by the time that large release happens.

If Patch is planning on creating 38,000 homes - the number of old homes - then there is still a long way to go.  Since they are also talking about at least 8 themes, there is definitely plenty of work left.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1508 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.