NO Linden Home?? Please Vent Here!!

LakotaBlue Tuqiri

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1508 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 7/15/2019 at 7:04 PM, point Coage said:

well i will just sit back and wate what thay need to do is give like thay did back in the old day but i will wate.

Instead of starting another new thread on the same thing, maybe go into the thread that fits this exact subject the best: 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 7/15/2019 at 7:08 PM, AlyceAdrift said:

Agreed! I'm just about ready to cancel mine too because they can't fill the demand they created.

Except in your case, they fulfilled it twice and you kept giving it up.  LL did keep up their side of the deal and since the older LL homes are also available, they do have homes available for you.  If you cannot or will not keep the home you had, then the fault lays in your lap, not their lap.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Eowyn Southmoor said:

Maybe you shouldn't have abandoned the 2 new homes you did manage to get then ;) 

Considering how difficult it is to get one of the new homes, I suggest that anyone who does manage to nab one... hold on to the damned thing!  :P 

55 minutes ago, Vega Firelyte said:

Except in your case, they fulfilled it twice and you kept giving it up.  LL did keep up their side of the deal and since the older LL homes are also available, they do have homes available for you.  If you cannot or will not keep the home you had, then the fault lays in your lap, not their lap.  

Would you hold on to something and keep it from someone else if it was something you were less than happy with? I mean come on, that's pointless. I know I chose to give mine up, I want the right one that I am completely happy with. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, AlyceAdrift said:

Would you hold on to something and keep it from someone else if it was something you were less than happy with? I mean come on, that's pointless. I know I chose to give mine up, I want the right one that I am completely happy with. 

Yes I would and have, when I knew the demand was totally insane.  Instead of whining about not having a home, I simply made the best of it, working on the home and had it set up so that I was satisfied with it.  The location may not have been totally ideal, but I made the best of the situation and turned it around into a place I enjoy.  When the demand is as high as it is, being picky is not really an option.  Being that picky gets you one thing, homeless.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

35 minutes ago, AlyceAdrift said:

Bolded parts mine.

How did Linden Labs not fulfill the contract?? You got a home, and one of the new ones at that.  You didn't like what you got and let it go - that's your right. You want to cancel your membership, that's also your right. But being very vocal about them not upholding their part of the contract...well, it's your right too I suppose...but it's not true. So why say it?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Just now, AlyceAdrift said:

knowing that they didn't have enough product to fill demand.

That's the core of the whole problem though... did they know? I think we agree some market analysis would have revealed that easily enough, but did they ever do one?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Vega Firelyte said:

Yes I would and have, when I knew the demand was totally insane.  Instead of whining about not having a home, I simply made the best of it, working on the home and had it set up so that I was satisfied with it.  The location may not have been totally ideal, but I made the best of the situation and turned it around into a place I enjoy.  When the demand is as high as it is, being picky is not really an option.  Being that picky gets you one thing, homeless.

4 minutes ago, AlyceAdrift said:

Well, my opinion still stands that they shouldn't have released them at all knowing that they didn't have enough product to fill demand.

End of point.

1 minute ago, AlyceAdrift said:

Oh but be careful, apparently if you refresh too fast now you get put in lockout which cuts your chances even more of getting a house because they can't make enough to fill demand. :(

They sadly had to do that to get rid of people using autoupdaters...

7 hours ago, AlyceAdrift said:

Possibly not, but I sure as heck wouldn't do a bunch of whining on the forums about things if I CHOSE to give it up.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, AlyceAdrift said:

Well, my opinion still stands that they shouldn't have released them at all knowing that they didn't have enough product to fill demand.

End of point.

And MY opinion (and apparently the opinion of MANY others also) is that your complaining is nothing but childish whining -- far, far different (and not at all legitimate, IMO) from the folks complaining about not being able to get one at all.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

31 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

And MY opinion (and apparently the opinion of MANY others also) is that your complaining is nothing but childish whining -- far, far different (and not at all legitimate, IMO) from the folks complaining about not being able to get one at all.

K. If I was actually whining it'd be one thing, but I'm not? I'm just saying how I feel. Other people have done it too.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, AlyceAdrift said:

End of point.

Your point is pointless, since you have gone through a few homes already..2-3 from what I have seen you mentioning and it's not LL's fault that you didn't hold onto them.  Complaining though about the fact that you don't have a home now, after releasing the previous ones, is pointless as well.  By the time you released that last one, it must have been obvious that they were really popular.  I have seen you complain in different threads now and it's the same thing over and over.  Maybe learn some patience and accept the fact that you are going to have to wait now for another home to come around.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

just be patient ,,,, in the time you are waiting there are so many great things you can do with the older generation home the tahoe cabins  are awsome  and so much you can do  ,,,

Not really. can't really do much with slanted walls when your wall is also the roof.

1 minute ago, Vega Firelyte said:

Your point is pointless, since you have gone through a few homes already..2-3 from what I have seen you mentioning and it's not LL's fault that you didn't hold onto them.  Complaining though about the fact that you don't have a home now, after releasing the previous ones, is pointless as well.  By the time you released that last one, it must have been obvious that they were really popular.  I have seen you complain in different threads now and it's the same thing over and over.  Maybe learn some patience and accept the fact that you are going to have to wait now for another home to come around.

Yeah, I know. And I've only posted in a couple of threads. It's called using the forums... I don't understand what the issue is with me posting on the threads. It's a forum site.... And Yeah I know I"m going to have to wait, I just wish they'd release bigger batches so it'd be more fair considering we get put in a time out for refreshing now.

2 minutes ago, AlyceAdrift said:

Yeah, I know. And I've only posted in a couple of threads. It's called using the forums... I don't understand what the issue is with me posting on the threads. It's a forum site.... And Yeah I know I"m going to have to wait, I just wish they'd release bigger batches so it'd be more fair considering we get put in a time out for refreshing now.

I've seen you in more than a couple.  You don't like waiting, we get it.  You don't like the small batches, we understand that.  LL owns the grid and system though and they have decided to release the new homes in this method.  It's their choice and no amount of whining is going to change them.  As for the cap on the refreshing, it was probably either do that, or have the website continually crashing, which would have lead to quite a few threads of people yelling about that.  They put a cap to help preserve the integrity of their website and I can understand that, as do many others.  They have said they are going to be replacing all of those LL homes, but it's going to take time.  Eventually, they will have more than enough homes to fulfill the demand but we have to be patient for that.  Once again, it's their rodeo and it's their call on how they do it.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, AlyceAdrift said:

K. If I was actually whining it'd be one thing, but I'm not? I'm just saying how I feel. Other people have done it too.

You have been continually whining in group chat tonight. I was speaking to you whilst you did tonight. Everyone knows that you have had houses and gave them up. I have seen you in chat talk about which region you would like to be in. What happens if you do get one in your preferred region and the sun doesn't happen to rise at the exact point you would like? Dump the house and rant again?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Vega Firelyte said:

I've seen you in more than a couple.  You don't like waiting, we get it.  You don't like the small batches, we understand that.  LL owns the grid and system though and they have decided to release the new homes in this method.  It's their choice and no amount of whining is going to change them.  As for the cap on the refreshing, it was probably either do that, or have the website continually crashing, which would have lead to quite a few threads of people yelling about that.  They put a cap to help preserve the integrity of their website and I can understand that, as do many others.  They have said they are going to be replacing all of those LL homes, but it's going to take time.  Eventually, they will have more than enough homes to fulfill the demand but we have to be patient for that.  Once again, it's their rodeo and it's their call on how they do it.

74f1854e0504a7f830553b854e4c2c0a.png

3 minutes ago, Layla Claven said:

You have been continually whining in group chat tonight. I was speaking to you whilst you did tonight. Everyone knows that you have had houses and gave them up. I have seen you in chat talk about which region you would like to be in. What happens if you do get one in your preferred region and the sun doesn't happen to rise at the exact point you would like? Dump the house and rant again?

I got up and walked away from the computer hours ago. So I was talking in the group chat a while ago and then I stopped. And?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1508 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.