NO Linden Home?? Please Vent Here!!

LakotaBlue Tuqiri

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1506 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

On another note: I make no secret that I and one alt each have a Linden home, for a total of two homes. I believe that if you pay for a premium account, you have the right to try for a home on each account, and I know I am far from the only person with more than one home.

However, I am wondering how those without homes feel when someone who has, for example, four or even five of the new Linden homes comes in and claims to be sympathetic toward the plight of those who are venting because they have none. Does that apparent hypocrisy grate, or does it not matter? Just curious.

I literally have 0 Linden homes, and can wait until the whole project is done.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

But there are still the old Linden homes, that they can get. That is why I don't feel this valid, if they want a home so badly, they are just gonna have to deal with the old home. Whether they are new to SL or not. Why does LL have to cater to their needs, and give them a new home when they want them?

The new Linden homes are such a better deal in so many ways, and they are paying the same as others who have the better deal, so I can understand why they'd feel upset.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

On another note: I make no secret that I and one alt each have a Linden home, for a total of two homes. I believe that if you pay for a premium account, you have the right to try for a home on each account, and I know I am far from the only person with more than one home.

However, I am wondering how those without homes feel when someone who has, for example, four or even five of the new Linden homes comes in and claims to be sympathetic toward the plight of those who are venting because they have none. Does that apparent hypocrisy grate, or does it not matter? Just curious.

I fully agree, if you pay for multiple premium accounts, you have the right to have multiple Linden homes, even the seemingly impossible to get homes.  

I have alt(s) too, with Linden homes, though they are the old homes they have had for years.  For now, my main (i.e., me) remains (Linden) homeless.  I do regret giving my Linden home I had for over 8 years to try for a houseboat that I still do not have, but... oh well.  Probably will give up and get one of the boring old homes again...

Those that have multiple hard to get homes should enjoy them... 

• Like 2

I am not a new Second Life resident, been in SL for 13 years, but I am a newer premium member, signed up in May of this year.  Referring to 'new people' trying to get a new Linden home, I qualify under that list.  I never found a need to vent and rant on, because I was struggling to get a new Linden home.  I had the same difficulty as everyone else sitting before a screen and hitting on that page refresh, only to see every new home that popped up, gone before I could swiftly click through the buttons and pages.  I found more humor in the situation than anger, holding onto anger seemed totally pointless, laughing about the situation eased the disappointment and made me more determined that the system was not going to beat me.

So, if its your niche to vent, complain, within reason, go for it. This thread is useful in that regard. But attacking those who are hard working to get these regions built and homes ready, is not acceptable and will be met by many others that will point this out.  I also strongly feel that it is the sole responsibility for any and all premium members to do their homework, before they sign up for a premium account, of knowing what is guaranteed to them and what is not. This includes knowing if the new Linden  homes are available now and easily to acquire or not. Buyer beware

As someone once told me, "If I didn't have bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all."  That quote always made me chuckle and be more determined not to let it stand as truth and win.

896143773_splitmilk.jpg.7dd01764c03a046983bca3207cf10830.jpg

Edited by PrudenceAnton
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

The new Linden homes are such a better deal in so many ways, and they are paying the same as others who have the better deal, so I can understand why they'd feel upset.

But they have to either wait or get the old Linden home. It's not rocket science. As someone said before, you gotta do your research before you get premium.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

But they have to either wait or get the old Linden home. It's not rocket science. As someone said before, you gotta do your research before you get premium.

Well that's very logical, and true. But this is not what I've been discussing. The issue is how we convey this information to the new residents who wander in from the SL forests and want one of the new homes. If we treat them with respect (even if they're grumpy cause they feel cheated) they will be more likely to hear this logic you are pointing to. We hear logic better when we're feeling accepted vs when we feel attacked by others.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, PrudenceAnton said:

I never found a need to vent and rant on, because I was struggling to get a new Linden home.  I had the same difficulty as everyone else sitting before a screen and hitting on that page refresh, only to see every new home that popped up, gone before I could swiftly click through the buttons and pages.  I found more humor in the situation than anger, holding onto anger seemed totally pointless, laughing about the situation eased the disappointment and made me more determined that the system was not going to beat me.

I'm not much of a ranter either. But it's interesting what you've pointed out, indirectly.  And this is the fact that people have differing 'ranting needs' -- they differ in how much emotional support they need from others.   Some I would say could be too independent, while others are too dependent on others, but most of us fall somewhere in between.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Well that's very logical, and true. But this is not what I've been discussing. The issue is how we convey this information to the new residents who wander in from the SL forests and want one of the new homes. If we treat them with respect (even if they're grumpy cause they feel cheated) they will be more likely to hear this logic you are pointing to. We hear logic better when we're feeling accepted vs when we feel attacked by others.

16 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I'm not much of a ranter either. But it's interesting what you've pointed out, indirectly.  And this is the fact that people have differing 'ranting needs' -- they differ in how much emotional support they need from others.   Some I would say could be too independent, while others are too dependent on others, but most of us fall somewhere in between.

Did they do their homework, research the information on availability of the new Linden homes or not? If the answer is no, its split milk.  Again, if they feel a need to vent, complain, within reason, go for it.  But when their venting turns into heated attacks against the Linden team that is working endlessly to provide us with the gorgeous regions and lovely new Linden homes that many are craving to have, then people are going to address those attacks.  Its a logical response to bad behavior.

As for having sympathy for those feeling frustrated, wanting support and encouragement to keep on trying, I'm 100% in their corner in that regard. I would love to see every single premium member that wants a new Linden home, acquire one. I have been privately encouraging some not to quit; that have been feeling very let down and wanting to give up entirely, on trying to get their new Linden homes, that they so desperately want. I feel a great joy when their dream comes true and they finally get that  home at last. Most recently, @RazarStone who had been waiting, camping, craving, plotting and doing up humor videos on being so close, but never getting his dream houseboat. Congrats @RazarStone; at last you got your home! So happy for you!  🥰🥳

What I don't care for, is the have-nots, begrudging the haves and bad mouthing those that have a home, or worked just as hard to acquire a new home.  That's not venting, that's just pure, bad behavior.

Edited by PrudenceAnton
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, PrudenceAnton said:

What I don't care for, is the have-nots, begrudging the haves and bad mouthing those that have a home, or worked just as hard to acquire a new home.  That's not venting, that's just pure, bad behavior.

I knew the moment I saw this thread created that it would be a race to the bottom of bad-attitude pit. Comments like yours are the ballast that keeps it at least twinkling in the light of positivity at all. When I was growing up my parents make a big point of teaching me patience. Apparently that is a special ability or something (and I mean all over the place, not just this subject, or even within only SL, but RL also). ~Shakes her head with a whispered tsk tsk~

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

I knew the moment I saw this thread created that it would be a race to the bottom of bad-attitude pit. Comments like yours are the ballast that keeps it at least twinkling in the light of positivity at all. When I was growing up my parents make a big point of teaching me patience. Apparently that is a special ability or something (and I mean all over the place, not just this subject, or even within only SL, but RL also). ~Shakes her head with a whispered tsk tsk~

But there are so many threads made about them not getting new Linden homes, like they want LL to make them their homes right now. But as I was taught, patience is a virtue. There are still old Linden home, or you can get a small mainland parcel. But just be patient, and wait for your new Linden home.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

Oh right. You're back then.

There were 1 or 2 occasions when we were doing it simultaneously, but mostly we did it individually, without anyone else around. It's different to the sort of group activity I thought you were describing.

it was nearly 7 years ago the last time we ever said anything.  I was looking at the Sistiana.  And you said: You (meaning me) didn't push the car right into the corner.  You did get there before me though

that was a nice thing for you to say. You didn't have to say this, yet you did. It is the little things like this that I never forget

8 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Sometimes it just feeds the flames..or the trolls..thus the reason for facepaw.

Typically, the ones dissing LL and the Moles about the speed of building homes or the method of building homes or the method of rolling them out, are not Trolls.  They are simply other frustrating residents coming here to vent.  However, many of them are new to SL or just don't know much about the current Linden Home project.  Since they are not trolls -- here literally just to rile folks up - they do need to be given the information on how this project is being handled and why all of their various suggestions, that have been suggestion many time already by many other people, really will not work and despite what they think LL and the Moles are not intentionally going slow or doing things in a way to purposely piss people off.

We've actually only had a few true trolls within the Linden Homes threads.

Whether or not it feeds the flames, people still need to be able to stand up for what they view as correct behavior.  That is as important as letting people complain in the first place.

Giving a facepaw for just the quoted part of "many of her posts defending the Lindens and Moles in regards to the homes" implies all sorts of things to me other than you thinking it feeds flames or trolls.  Without anything else written with the facepaw, it gives every indication of you thinking that the Lindens and Moles should not be defended in any way in regards to the Linden Homes.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

To set the record straight... I don't have different personalities for different environments, and I don't play roles. I was always just the natural me wherever I was - inworld or in the forum. I'm just like everyone else who doesn't roleplay; i.e. I respond to what happens in the environment I'm in. Different environments bring out different responses, that's all.

You'll know that your name is totally new to me, so I don't know who you are. Also, I have never done what you described - you, me and quite a few others doing 'this thing' together inworld. I haven't a clue what 'this thing' is, but it sounds like it's something I'd remember if I ever did it with you and quite a few others. I was never a mixer inworld, except when it was just me and someone else, but not groups of people.

Your name does bring up one possibility of who you might be, but  what you described about doing things together rules that possibility out.

I'm not asking who you are, because I'm not coming back to either the forum or inworld. I just thought I'd correct the 'different personalities' thing.

ETA: I did like to play a certain couple of table/board games with multiple people. I wonder if that's it.

Apparently "quit SL completely" doesn't mean the forums.

1105188291_20190101-PhilLeavingSL.thumb.JPG.de8c7d08ae06ba595690dd0f2ae32137.JPG

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all....Not really a vent here, just frustration. While wandering around Bellisseria, I see gorgeous lots with great landscaping, next to lakes, rivers, ponds, etc. When I picked up my first home, I was pretty excited, but then realized it was a flat lot, in the middle of a block, in a very average flat region. So, I've been playing the linden lottery, but keep getting the same. I realize that this is about community, but for me, it's also about what I can see from my lot. Do you think we'll ever get some choice, or will it always be just about dumb luck?

2 hours ago, Kayden Oconnell said:

Hi all....Not really a vent here, just frustration. While wandering around Bellisseria, I see gorgeous lots with great landscaping, next to lakes, rivers, ponds, etc. When I picked up my first home, I was pretty excited, but then realized it was a flat lot, in the middle of a block, in a very average flat region. So, I've been playing the linden lottery, but keep getting the same. I realize that this is about community, but for me, it's also about what I can see from my lot. Do you think we'll ever get some choice, or will it always be just about dumb luck?

Location is pretty much always luck.  At some point there will be more homes than people wanting them, which may make getting a location that you really want easier.. And there will also be more themes down the road and those new themes will cause some folks to move from their existing Traditional House.  Even then, the actual location you get will still be luck.  They will never let anyone choose the actual lot location.

• Like 5

Well lets see, the system encourages you to buy a second account to play the land lottery, so you can have one of the old small low prim houses with the hope of eventually upgrading to one of the other houses.... or,,,

you can just toss the Extra 11 a month into lindens and just buy mainland when you find a slot that does not totally suck. or.....

you can be homeless and camp the reload button until you get the one you want.

two of three options that will make them more money.... and one that may cost them a membership... seriously its like playing Russian Roulette

Honestly they should have put in a auto list, you have 24 hours to switch to your new house or go back to the end of the line, that would end some of the crabyness. Better if you could suspend your place on the list for real world vacations and such, and they get to know how much demand there really is while letting people use the old regions. oh and put in a preference for Land or houseboat,

15 minutes ago, Tabitha Ocelot said:

Well lets see, the system encourages you to buy a second account to play the land lottery, so you can have one of the old small low prim houses with the hope of eventually upgrading to one of the other houses.... or,,,

you can just toss the Extra 11 a month into lindens and just buy mainland when you find a slot that does not totally suck. or.....

you can be homeless and camp the reload button until you get the one you want.

two of three options that will make them more money.... and one that may cost them a membership... seriously its like playing Russian Roulette

Honestly they should have put in a auto list, you have 24 hours to switch to your new house or go back to the end of the line, that would end some of the crabyness. Better if you could suspend your place on the list for real world vacations and such, and they get to know how much demand there really is while letting people use the old regions. oh and put in a preference for Land or houseboat,

i myself dont see it that way  ,i like the  new system where you can only refresh one time a minute ,it takes away a lot of stress for me  ,i refresh manually ,every now and then ,when i'm out of my time i log out and log back in  ,it save  's more time then waiting 10 minutes .

i have been doing this for a while now and i get houses and boats pretty easilly ,mostly toss them back if i dont like the location ,its becomming a bit addictive to see what you might get .

but most off all you have to relax about it , the more you stress about it the less likely you will catch a home ,its not the end of the world if it dont happen right away for me ,i know it will come ,so i see it as a game   ..... last week i got about one boat and two houses in two days time  ,i kept the boat for now ,im so curious to see whats coming up next . 

In a year  or so things will quiet down and it will be a piece of cake to get the house /boat you want  ,in the mean time keep trying only then you can catch it ,if i can do it YOU can do it too  ,Goodluck everyone  . 

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

I gave up as well 

On 8/25/2019 at 4:09 AM, Atina0 said:

i myself dont see it that way  ,i like the  new system where you can only refresh one time a minute ,it takes away a lot of stress for me  ,i refresh manually ,every now and then ,when i'm out of my time i log out and log back in  ,it save  's more time then waiting 10 minutes .

i have been doing this for a while now and i get houses and boats pretty easilly ,mostly toss them back if i dont like the location ,its becomming a bit addictive to see what you might get .

but most off all you have to relax about it , the more you stress about it the less likely you will catch a home ,its not the end of the world if it dont happen right away for me ,i know it will come ,so i see it as a game   ..... last week i got about one boat and two houses in two days time  ,i kept the boat for now ,im so curious to see whats coming up next . 

In a year  or so things will quiet down and it will be a piece of cake to get the house /boat you want  ,in the mean time keep trying only then you can catch it ,if i can do it YOU can do it too  ,Goodluck everyone  . 

• Like 1

I have had enough of the silly land prices and now run my own Open Simulator region which is a 4x4 Var region on Osgrid. Anyway lots of residents on one region means a lot of active scripts which means lag. I have access to the console and run my own server and you learn so much about how it all works!

Tonia Kara

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ID330 said:

I have had enough of the silly land prices and now run my own Open Simulator region which is a 4x4 Var region on Osgrid. Anyway lots of residents on one region means a lot of active scripts which means lag. I have access to the console and run my own server and you learn so much about how it all works!

Tonia Kara

And this has ?? what ?? to do with not being able to get a Linden Home?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1506 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.