A special message page to thank our beloved Moles

roseelvira

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 99 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Interesting that both animals are related (taxonomically).

Manatees eat a lot from the surface(probably why they are struck by boats so often, other than being pretty darn slow), or plants growing toward the surface while I guess Dugongs mainly feed from the bottom.. hence why their snoot looks like a vaccuum cleaner. Not sure why the difference in the tail, maybe it just allows the Dugong to be faster? Something i'll definitely have to look in to.

Anyhoo, back on track, thank you moles!

Edited by s2Pandora
  • Like 3

On 7/8/2019 at 2:57 PM, Beth Macbain said:

I think, and I could be wrong on this, that when the terraforming piece is happening they keep the access closed. I don't have a map in front of me, but I know that the regions that are being worked on around the northeast side of Quartz Lake (I'm calling it that and nobody can't stop me!) were closed while @Abnor Mole was working on them before the most recent brouhaha. I sailed right into the invisible brick wall.

I think it's just maybe easier to do that way instead of having a bunch of residents standing on it bouncing around like they're in a bouncy house. 

That might be entertaining for the Moles to watch, but probably doesn't help with productivity. 😋

Sorry, forgot to react to this, earlier. I hope you are right, Beth, and that that was really the cause. :)

• Like 7

On 7/8/2019 at 1:57 PM, Beth Macbain said:

I think it's just maybe easier to do that way instead of having a bunch of residents standing on it bouncing around like they're in a bouncy house. 

That might be entertaining for the Moles to watch, but probably doesn't help with productivity. 😋

As we're not allowed to bounce around, the least they could do is add a bouncy castle to one of the community areas. Then we can bounce around there instead. It could go with one of the bar structures and they could call it "The Bouncy Pickle". So after bouncing, you can go get a free pickle.

This idea also explains why I would most likely never be hired as a mole.

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

52 minutes ago, Polenth Yue said:

As we're not allowed to bounce around, the least they could do is add a bouncy castle to one of the community areas. Then we can bounce around there instead. It could go with one of the bar structures and they could call it "The Bouncy Pickle". So after bouncing, you can go get a free pickle.

This idea also explains why I would most likely never be hired as a mole.

That reminded me that I had come across a bouncy house before, built by moles - at the Rizal Games area :)   and it's still there (and taking a picture while bouncing is not very easy).

337877717_20190709SnapshotRizalGamesonRizal_001.thumb.png.a1beba2962e69c9ec9038dab9d529724.png

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, moirakathleen said:

That reminded me that I had come across a bouncy house before, built by moles - at the Rizal Games area :)   and it's still there (and taking a picture while bouncing is not very easy).

337877717_20190709SnapshotRizalGamesonRizal_001.thumb.png.a1beba2962e69c9ec9038dab9d529724.png

There's also one (along with other fun games) at the mole-built amusement park in Bay City. 

Snapshot_003.png

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
Hey, it is hard to take a pic while bouncing!
  • Like 12

1 minute ago, LyricalBookworm said:

The bouncy castles look like so much fun! I never knew they existed and now I must make serious plans to go bounce later! Thank you very much! 😁😊

They are fun, but I couldn't figure out how to dismount! I'd still be bouncing if I hadn't TPd away. lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

I had forgotten there was one at Bay City also - it's been awhile since I was out at the amusement park there.

13 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

They are fun, but I couldn't figure out how to dismount! I'd still be bouncing if I hadn't TPd away. lol

I just used the arrow keys to keep 'bouncing' over towards the edge until I was off the bouncy part :)

• Like 5

1 minute ago, moirakathleen said:

I had forgotten there was one at Bay City also - it's been awhile since I was out at the amusement park there.

I just used the arrow keys to keep 'bouncing' over towards the edge until I was off the bouncy part :)

I swear I tried that but it was holding me hostage! 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

It's time to bump this back up to the top with some words of love and adoration for our darling Moles and their fearless leader @Patch Linden!

In tribute, I present to you a poem. NOT written by me because I completely suck at writing poetry. Like really badly. 

Anyway, here it is for your enjoyment. 

Mole
By Wyatt Prunty 

For weeks he’s tunneled his intricate need
Through the root-rich, fibrous, humoral dark,
Buckling up in zagged illegibles
The cuneiforms and cursives of a blind scribe.

Sleeved by soft earth, a slow reach knuckling,
Small tributaries open from his nudge—
Mild immigrant, bland isolationist,
Berm builder edging the runneling world.

But now the snow, and he’s gone quietly deep,
Nuzzling through a muzzy neighborhood
Of dead-end-street, abandoned cul-de-sac,
And boltrun from a dead-leaf, roundhouse burrow.

May he emerge four months from this as before,
Myopic master of the possible,
Wise one who understands prudential ground,
Revisionist of all things green;

So when he surfaces, lumplike, bashful,
Quizzical as the flashbulb blind who wait
For color to return, he’ll nose our green-
rich air with the imperative poise of now.

You're welcome, my Myopic Masters of the Possible! 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

It's time to bump this back up to the top with some words of love and adoration for our darling Moles and their fearless leader @Patch Linden!

In tribute, I present to you a poem. NOT written by me because I completely suck at writing poetry. Like really badly. 

Anyway, here it is for your enjoyment. 

Mole
By Wyatt Prunty 

For weeks he’s tunneled his intricate need
Through the root-rich, fibrous, humoral dark,
Buckling up in zagged illegibles
The cuneiforms and cursives of a blind scribe.

Sleeved by soft earth, a slow reach knuckling,
Small tributaries open from his nudge—
Mild immigrant, bland isolationist,
Berm builder edging the runneling world.

But now the snow, and he’s gone quietly deep,
Nuzzling through a muzzy neighborhood
Of dead-end-street, abandoned cul-de-sac,
And boltrun from a dead-leaf, roundhouse burrow.

May he emerge four months from this as before,
Myopic master of the possible,
Wise one who understands prudential ground,
Revisionist of all things green;

So when he surfaces, lumplike, bashful,
Quizzical as the flashbulb blind who wait
For color to return, he’ll nose our green-
rich air with the imperative poise of now.

You're welcome, my Myopic Masters of the Possible! 

Thank you for that, Beth! ❤️ This is really what we need: more of the good stuff, and less of the bad stuff.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

i_love_moles_sticker-r064b662d584442749b7cc5a13205e94e_v9waf_8byvr_512.jpg.ca707c7755b3b62df1c2d977dd78a786.jpg

Lord, I never thought I'd see the day I actually posted something like that (yes, I hear all my Australian friends chuckling)... but here we are! And it's relevant!

And yes, I am shamelessly following @Beth Macbain's example and keeping the love AND POSITIVITY alive! ❤️ 🕳️🛠️

(Also why do we have every other animal Emoji and no moles?! That's like The Sims franchise having no Llamas! Outrageous! XD)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

Sending love and light to @Patch Linden and the Moles! We appreciate you. It's not easy to build, sustain, inspire, and innovate within community but you do it with a tenacity that is felt. Thanks for the work that you do to enliven our space. 

I've personally appreciated your work,  the creativity you've shared, your diligence, the dope secrets placed all around our world, the fun experiences I've had enjoying Linden-created locales, and so much more. I've found great joy and peace in doing the same- creating spaces for all to enjoy and feeling the sheer fulfillment and pride of watching souls enjoy the energy you intend for a space.  

Thank you for the work that you do. Thank you for the time, emotion, and intention that you put into your work. Thank you for the beauty, peace, fun, and community that you're building with Bellisseria. And thanks for hearing us and moving with the consciousness to create something enjoyable to all. We appreciate you. 

• Like 15

[14:05] Clo Dharma (claudia.umbarundu): Far says:
Ok - hope this works - want you to sit back and imagine the moles - setting off to work with their bags of prims and some sanys for the day - happily singing as they go - ready to build a beautiful world for us - digging with there moley shovels - clicking their tape measures - till land appears! then rocks and houses rivers and seas! Then they stand back and look at all they have created - sigh and release their work to the waiting masses. Then exhausted they return back to there moley homes in anonymity only to start the next day doing the same. This they do for the love of sl. If smiles were lindens they would be very rich indeed! Thank you moles xx.
set windlight to midnight and wish me luck as doing this on the fly xx

6c635c7399961a8e215359e1092a6645.gif

c33c56688b965dbd6237a8977b873154.gif

(((((((MOLES)))))) 

• Like 12

4 hours ago, BJoyful said:

[14:05] Clo Dharma (claudia.umbarundu): Far says:
Ok - hope this works - want you to sit back and imagine the moles - setting off to work with their bags of prims and some sanys for the day - happily singing as they go - ready to build a beautiful world for us - digging with there moley shovels - clicking their tape measures - till land appears! then rocks and houses rivers and seas! Then they stand back and look at all they have created - sigh and release their work to the waiting masses. Then exhausted they return back to there moley homes in anonymity only to start the next day doing the same. This they do for the love of sl. If smiles were lindens they would be very rich indeed! Thank you moles xx.
set windlight to midnight and wish me luck as doing this on the fly xx

6c635c7399961a8e215359e1092a6645.gif

c33c56688b965dbd6237a8977b873154.gif

(((((((MOLES)))))) 

This was so incredible to watch and what a lovely sentiment from FAR! yaaaaay! ♥

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 99 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.