A special message page to thank our beloved Moles

roseelvira

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 109 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Well they obviously began to do so. About 12 hours ago I tried to go to SSPE169 and SSPE170 where I could see great changes going on in the last 24 hours by watching the map ... I tried to TP in then to fly in ... "Access forbidden" :(

I think, and I could be wrong on this, that when the terraforming piece is happening they keep the access closed. I don't have a map in front of me, but I know that the regions that are being worked on around the northeast side of Quartz Lake (I'm calling it that and nobody can't stop me!) were closed while @Abnor Mole was working on them before the most recent brouhaha. I sailed right into the invisible brick wall.

I think it's just maybe easier to do that way instead of having a bunch of residents standing on it bouncing around like they're in a bouncy house. 

That might be entertaining for the Moles to watch, but probably doesn't help with productivity. 😋

• Like 10

10 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I sailed right into the invisible brick wall.

I think it's just maybe easier to do that way

agree.  If people do want to watch then be best to allow them do it from a neighbouring region and let the Moles get on with things on the being built regions undistracted

• Like 5

I've been away a few days, so I can only surmise what happened regarding land needing to be closed while the Moles and Lindens work. I can't say I'm really that surprised. I live in Shanty and have been watching for weeks as the land across the river from me was expanded upon. Residents hovering on the fringes in the air for hours, standing on the land, underwater, following the dots across the map, getting a little star struck in local or group chats, asking a lot of questions, etc...

I'll admit it's kind of cool to see a Linden or Mole around after so many years. I've been around almost 9 years (Rae is my alt) and I can count how many times I've seen either in all that time on one hand. And I can still say that; I don't actively seek them out. The only way I've learned any names are from those who have spoken in the forums.

A few weeks ago I saw Abnor Mole hovering above my street just in front of my neighbour's house. I cammed out of curiosity. I snapped a photo (hey, celebrity, remember?), and then I let Abnor be. Maybe snapping photos in itself is kind of creepy, but it's not like I was fogging up his burrow... window? (Does a small robot Mole live in a burrow? It's none of my business!) 

102958813_Snapshot_001(34).thumb.png.5c7eceb32b89883555d93ce020232976.png

(EDIT: added the picture in question)

The point is there's no problem watching artists work if they do so out in public. But you can't expect their masterpiece to be finished if you keep distracting, be that with good intentioned praise, small talk, sonnets of devotion, to ask questions, ask demands, rub shoulders (or any other body parts, or hope to), or out of sheer boredom.

I'll echo the sentiment of the majority (and @Mollymews who posted before me as I was ranting this post so felt like good manners to include here);

Leave them alone. Let them do their job. Show some respect. It's really not that much to ask in the grand scheme of things. :) 

Edited by RaeLeeH
Added exhibit A.
  • Like 12

4 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

What water DO you call Quarz Lake?

The great big one in the middle that isn't finished yet. It's only like a half lake right now. I live on the little outcropping right beneath the lighthouse that only has three houseboats right now.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, RaeLeeH said:

The point is there's no problem watching artists work if they do so out in public. But you can't expect their masterpiece to be finished if you keep distracting, be that with good intentioned praise, small talk, sonnets of devotion, to ask questions, ask demands, rub shoulders (or any other body parts, or hope to), or out of sheer boredom.

Let the record show that I have never once ever spoken to or followed around any Mole or Linden, including @Quartz Mole, while they are working other than for actual honest houseboat issues that I went through proper channels and opened a case for that resulted in Quartz landing on my boat to fix a thing. 

As a matter of fact, my only communication with him is really right here on these forums, and let's be honest, he's just humoring me because he's a nice human being. 😋

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Beth Macbain said:

The great big one in the middle that isn't finished yet. It's only like a half lake right now. I live on the little outcropping right beneath the lighthouse that only has three houseboats right now.

*looksinthemap* is that North Waddling?

• Like 1

Just now, Beth Macbain said:

Let the record show that I have never once ever spoken to or followed around any Mole or Linden, including @Quartz Mole, while they are working other than for actual honest houseboat issues that I went through proper channels and opened a case for that resulted in Quartz landing on my boat to fix a thing. 

As a matter of fact, my only communication with him is really right here on these forums, and let's be honest, he's just humoring me because he's a nice human being. 😋

Laughs at how we've suddenly become a court room scenario. Not sure you're even the defendant? I don't know. But last I heard no Moles or Lindens have issued you with a restraining order soooo... you might be okay. I'm no lawyer so don't quote me at all. And I wouldn't. All I know of court proceedings has been from watching Judge Judy in my younger years! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

*looksinthemap* is that North Waddling?

I live on Fourze, if that helps. That's what will be the big lake when it's done. Right now it's the edge of the world. 

9 minutes ago, RaeLeeH said:

Laughs at how we've suddenly become a court room scenario. Not sure you're even the defendant? I don't know. But last I heard no Moles or Lindens have issued you with a restraining order soooo... you might be okay. I'm no lawyer so don't quote me at all. And I wouldn't. All I know of court proceedings has been from watching Judge Judy in my younger years! 

102-Elf-quotes.gif.4ace4e768336e8f5589521e2fe456fab.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Beth Macbain said:

I live on Fourze, if that helps. That's what will be the big lake when it's done. Right now it's the edge of the world. 

Well so it will be  called "Sea of Fourze" ??

Sounds VERY funny in German ears! For the word is pronounced very similar as the German word for fart.

So "Sea of farts"?? 😜😂🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

32 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Well so it will be  called "Sea of Fourze" ??

Sounds VERY funny in German ears! For the word is pronounced very similar as the German word for fart.

So "Sea of farts"?? 😜😂🤣

Nooooooooo... my region is called Fourze. I'm trying to get Patch to call the lake Quartz Lake!

Although I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to something called Sea of Farts, though I certainly don't want to live on it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

3 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Nooooooooo... my region is called Fourze. I'm trying to get Patch to call the lake Quartz Lake!

Although I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to something called Sea of Farts, though I certainly don't want to live on it!

Maybe we have Manatees!!!

5v6wz1o_d.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

Sea of Farts... Eye of Terminator Conan... THIS is why I'm glad we Residents aren't in charge of naming the regions or even the continent itself! (And just between us I think the Lindens and Moles are just as thankful that we can't too). 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

23 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Would be like the Bog of Eternal Stench lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 7/8/2019 at 11:06 AM, Love Zhaoying said:

Fun fact, another name for Manatees is “Dugong”.

Close, but Dugongs are just related to manatees(and many don't know they actually exist).

67395-004-C975D8AD.jpg

They were likely what fueled the legends of merpeople rather than manatees, as while manatees will go in to bays, Dugongs are mainly oceanic. And let's be real.. that tail, haha.

Edited by s2Pandora
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 109 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.