A special message page to thank our beloved Moles

roseelvira

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 99 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm really shy so please forgive my awkwardness ahead of time. Thank you to all the Lindens and Moles for all the hard work they do so we have such a beautiful community and world to be part of.

Second Life is a place with endless possibilities. It is an incredibly beautiful place. Thank you for giving me such a wonderful place where I can walk and bike ride since I no longer can in real life. It means a lot. 💕❤️💕

Edited by LyricalBookworm
  • Like 17

Having watched the moles in action beavering away working for hours on end , I for one would like to say a big thank you to all of them for all there hard work especally silent mole garden mole to name but two who i've watched working so hard to give us this whole new world to play in thank you thank you thank you 😊

• Like 11

Yes, thank you moles for all of your work for JulyFest.. before, during, and i'm sure after the festival..  below is my favorite paparazzi shot i was able to take and i was even able to get myself into the picture.. not long after i took it i was somehow able to get into the region to work my shift at the Turtle Races... i'm not sure what may have transpired after i left the fairgrounds docking area.. but it seemed that magic was in the air that night   : )

Quartz Beth Bebe.jpg

Edited by fairlyprincess
  • Like 9
  • Haha 1

Hi. Just read a rather disturbing series of posts, in a thread that's now fortunately closed, in which basically certain ppl were harrassing Moles, in-world, because this-or-that wasn't done immediately. :( Up the to the point where Moles were talking about possibly closing off sims for preview.

Not going to rehash the matter, but I just wanted to quickly return to this thread, and express that I'm very sorry this happened. And, moreover, that I hope the Moles understand not everyone is like that. I myself try and follow the example of @WillowTenage and keep a most respectful distance of Moles, and certainly not pestering them. And I really, really, hope the Mole realizes a great many ppl are greatly appreciating their awesome work. ❤️

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, fairlyprincess said:

Yes, thank you moles for all of your work for JulyFest.. before, during, and i'm sure after the festival..  below is my favorite paparazzi shot i was able to take and i was even able to get myself into the picture.. not long after i took it i was somehow able to get into the region to work my shift at the Turtle Races... i'm not sure what may have transpired after i left the fairgrounds docking area.. but it seemed that magic was in the air that night   : )

No magic... sorry to disappoint! Just a nice little conversation, I promise. 😊

And thank you for the really lovely photo!

Edited by Beth Macbain
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, kiramanell said:

Hi. Just read a rather disturbing series of posts, in a thread that's now fortunately closed, in which basically certain ppl were harrassing Moles, in-world, because this-or-that wasn't done immediately. :( Up the to the point where Moles were talking about possibly closing off sims for preview.

Not going to rehash the matter, but I just wanted to quickly return to this thread, and express that I'm very sorry this happened. And, moreover, that I hope the Moles understand not everyone is like that. I myself try and follow the example of @WillowTenage and keep a most respectful distance of Moles, and certainly not pestering them. And I really, really, hope the Mole realizes a great many ppl are greatly appreciating their awesome work. ❤️

I read that thread too ... and am disgusted by the behaviour of certain people! :(

Cannot just THEY be banned from the regions "in statu nascendi" ? - I mean like I can make a blacklist and ban certain people from my parcel the Moles (or the Lindens) must be able to exclude just certain Avatars instead of closing the regions for the public alltogether.

Just like in the Forum ... you get the yellow card ... and if you still pester the RED card ... and off you go ejected!

• Like 6

3 hours ago, kiramanell said:

REALLY happy I didn't see this before it was closed, and I guess deleted, because I don't see it now. I would have likely had an aneurysm. 

Honestly, I think it's probably a good idea that they close the regions off while they're working. We can still watch them from outside the area but it would keep people from getting all up in their business while they're working. 

My biggest fear is that the atrocious behavior of a few will make the Moles go back into their burrows other than when they're working, and cut themselves off from being a part of this incredible community that they have created. One of the very best things about Bellisseria is having them in our backyards, literally, and showing up just to hang out with us and be around us. These people are just freaking awesome, and it's certain that they love their work and are so proud, as they should be, at what is happening with Bellisseria. 

We love the Moles. Period, full-stop. And we want them to be part of this incredible thing they have created for us.

• Like 16

1 minute ago, Beth Macbain said:

REALLY happy I didn't see this before it was closed, and I guess deleted, because I don't see it now. I would have likely had an aneurysm. 

Honestly, I think it's probably a good idea that they close the regions off while they're working. We can still watch them from outside the area but it would keep people from getting all up in their business while they're working. 

My biggest fear is that the atrocious behavior of a few will make the Moles go back into their burrows other than when they're working, and cut themselves off from being a part of this incredible community that they have created. One of the very best things about Bellisseria is having them in our backyards, literally, and showing up just to hang out with us and be around us. These people are just freaking awesome, and it's certain that they love their work and are so proud, as they should be, at what is happening with Bellisseria. 

We love the Moles. Period, full-stop. And we want them to be part of this incredible thing they have created for us.

^^ And this is why you're one of my favourite ppl here! ❤️

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

I read that thread too ... and am disgusted by the behaviour of certain people! :(

Cannot just THEY be banned from the regions "in statu nascendi" ? - I mean like I can make a blacklist and ban certain people from my parcel the Moles (or the Lindens) must be able to exclude just certain Avatars instead of closing the regions for the public alltogether.

Just like in the Forum ... you get the yellow card ... and if you still pester the RED card ... and off you go ejected!

I'm sure they do have that ability or could ask for it, but it's not in their nature to exclude anyone who is curious and interested that I have seen ♥  It is probably more in their nature to just keep on working hard and shrug off the things they just don't have time to clarify... because they are gracious ambassadors. 🤗

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, BJoyful said:

I'm sure they do have that ability or could ask for it, but it's not in their nature to exclude anyone who is curious and interested that I have seen ♥  It is probably more in their nature to just keep on working hard and shrug off the things they just don't have time to clarify... because they are gracious ambassadors. 🤗

Yeah, I don't think they would ban ppl directly. Nonetheless, they were considering maybe making those sims 'inaccessible' (was the word they were using, iirc). I understood that to mean they might not just close the region to visitors, but actually not 'connect' it yet (in the meta-region file). If so, I would be deeply saddened by that. Not for me, really, but for the Moles. During that vid, they said they specifically left those sims open, so ppl could actually see what's going on behind the scenes, and feel part of the whole process, as it were. It would be monumentally sad, and shameless, if some bad apples caused them to have to take such drastic measures. Let's just hope it won't come to that, and that ppl respect the work Moles do -- and per chance even realize how awesome they are. :) 

• Like 6

I haven't observed the moles or even met one in person, but I do know they work really hard. I'm sorry they're getting harassed. That just isn't right. They're doing their job the right way.

what happened to having patience and realizing good things take time? 

I really hope they don't close themselves off. Someday I hope to have the joy of meeting them. I might run away out of shyness, but it would be super neat! I might even be fan girling a bit if that happened. 😂 

Edited by LyricalBookworm
  • Like 8

4 minutes ago, LyricalBookworm said:

Someday I hope to have the joy of meeting them. I might run away out of shyness, but it would be super neat! I might even be fan girling a bit if that happened. 😂 

Wouldn't it be cool if, perhaps, at some point in the not-so-distant future, we could have a Mole Appreciation Party? Just sit them all in chairs and let everyone come and gush over them for an hour or so? 

A free-for-all mole love-fest. 😊

Not THAT kind of love-fest, you filthy people... or it could be, I suppose... whatever works!

• Like 8
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Wouldn't it be cool if, perhaps, at some point in the not-so-distant future, we could have a Mole Appreciation Party? Just sit them all in chairs and let everyone come and gush over them for an hour or so? 

A free-for-all mole love-fest. 😊

That is a lovely idea. They deserve to be praised for all the work they do.

Lol...to the part of your post I was way too shy to quote. 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, kiramanell said:

Yeah, I don't think they would ban ppl directly. Nonetheless, they were considering maybe making those sims 'inaccessible' (was the word they were using, iirc). I understood that to mean they might not just close the region to visitors, but actually not 'connect' it yet (in the meta-region file). If so, I would be deeply saddened by that. Not for me, really, but for the Moles. During that vid, they said they specifically left those sims open, so ppl could actually see what's going on behind the scenes, and feel part of the whole process, as it were. It would be monumentally sad, and shameless, if some bad apples caused them to have to take such drastic measures. Let's just hope it won't come to that, and that ppl respect the work Moles do -- and per chance even realize how awesome they are. :) 

Well they obviously began to do so. About 12 hours ago I tried to go to SSPE169 and SSPE170 where I could see great changes going on in the last 24 hours by watching the map ... I tried to TP in then to fly in ... "Access forbidden" :(

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Well they obviously began to do so. About 12 hours ago I tried to go to SSPE169 and SSPE170 where I could see great changes going on in the last 24 hours by watching the map ... I tried to TP in then to fly in ... "Access forbidden" :(

I cannot believe it had to come to this. :( Shame on those who caused this!

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 99 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.