A special message page to thank our beloved Moles

roseelvira

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 70 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Image result for Funny Mole pics

Thank you for this beautiful new continent and allowing us all to watch while you create.  It certainly has shown me how much work and co-ordination goes into this process.  Well done and sincerely appreciated ♥

• Like 15
  • Haha 2

Your guys' community spirit has played a big part in how we shape the communities such as Bellisseria and continue to shape them so, really, as much as you love the work we do it is from our admiration for you and the platform that inspires us to create something special with each project. It's hard work, however seeing you guys enjoying things the way you do is fulfilment on another level.

We're always thankful for your patience as we work our little mole and Linden butts off as fast and hard as we can to make things happen and roll projects out. Our little legs can only go so fast! But a sincere thanks from myself as a new mole and from all of the team ❤️

• Like 19
  • Thanks 8

thank-you-meme.jpg.fcf8937076711e344709696f341788b0.jpg

Because merely saying thanks isn't enough, I had to go and make it all creepy. But the sentiment is still there!

Thank you all you clever, creative, and probably stressed-out Moles and Lindens (and anyone else working behind the scenes without official status). Your hard work is much appreciated, much loved, and much in demand - probably the highest compliment of all. Keep doing what you're doing. SL feels more like a home now than it has in many, many years, thanks to you. 👏💗🌏

• Like 16
  • Haha 2

Thank you Moles. Some of the things I love about Mole-builds are the small, hidden touches that are added in obscure places - like "Easter Eggs" but I suppose they are better called "Mole Eggs". :) Many of them have already been found in Bellisseria, but you will find them all over Second Life. 

Don't know if anyone has mentioned it, but there is an LDPW Fan Club Group that you can join for free. Also, I believe some of the Moles are scheduled to be interviewed at the Second Life Birthday party tomorrow. I won't be able to attend 'in avatar' because of a previous committment, but the interviews will probably be filmed and available on YouTube.

Thank you, Moles!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Thank you kindly ❤️

... for being such an amazing shiny new community, we love you !

The response to the work we have done so far and the anticipation for what is yet to come is tremendously heart warming. It really makes it all worthwhile. You bring Bellisseria to life :)

It's lovely to play a part in making homes for you all eventually, and thank you hugely for your patience .. we really are all doing our best !

Also ... when we are working under the gaze of an audience ... thank you for letting us 'mole away' and 'get on with it' . May the "Queen's Head" in Sallie never run dry of beer :)

❤️

• Like 14
  • Thanks 11

58 minutes ago, RuffertasAlt said:

Thank you Moles. Some of the things I love about Mole-builds are the small, hidden touches that are added in obscure places - like "Easter Eggs" but I suppose they are better called "Mole Eggs". :) Many of them have already been found in Bellisseria, but you will find them all over Second Life.

Yes! @WillowTenage found a nuclear device, for instance, underneath that big statue of Magellan. 😉 LOL. I think LL should give out small weekly prizes for finding these Easter Eggs. But finding those is probably already reward enough. I really love it when Moles do stuff like that. ❤️

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kiramanell said:

Yes! @WillowTenage found a nuclear device, for instance, underneath that big statue of Magellan. 

Some have wondered what happens if, in the future, Linden Lab loses interest in looking after Bellisseria and covenant violations and other such things become commonplace and go unaddressed. 

I guess now we know what happens in that case . . . nuke the whole thing! 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, Female Winslet said:

Some have wondered what happens if, in the future, Linden Lab loses interest in looking after Bellisseria and covenant violations and other such things become commonplace and go unaddressed. 

I guess now we know what happens in that case . . . nuke the whole thing! 🙂

Or earlier, as @WillowTenage suggested, when someone pulls Magellan's finger. 😍 Whichever comes first. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

13 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

It's great seeing so many Moles pop up in here, so we know THEY know we appreciate them and their creations. :)

I suspect perhaps someone directed the... er... what is a group of Moles called...? OMG, it's a Labor! A Labor of Moles!

Anyhoo, I suspect the Labor of Moles dropping by the forums today was a result of someone telling them to get their cute little Mole butts in here and see how much we love 'em.  (Hint: It's a LOT!)

71oq1M03wxL.thumb.jpg.8368ec52441b2e04540be7073c9fa889.jpg

First, I really want this book.

Second, he has poo on his head. 

Third, did y'all know that October 23rd is officially Mole Day?

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

I have been in LL's forums since 2006.  I can't ... I don't think ... no ... I can't ... remember a single thread created to thank the Moles.  

No, not the LDPW either, tho I do remember seeing posts praising them.  But not a thread created to thank them.

I *can* remember a few threads to thank specific Lindens for specific actions or words.   Usually support Lindens.   But I don't remember those having more than a few posts. 

*runs off and searches forum archive*

Noooo ... hmm....

I can't  *scratches head* ... no, I don't ....  

Well, this Bellisseria thang, and particularly the community it's building,  is really kinda special.  Praise to you all.

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, Kitten Kaos said:

I was going to create a Mole Appreciation Society group, but Echo Kinsella  beat me to the punch.  :D  Go look for  the group: We ❤️ Moles!!! In Bellisseria   

There has been a LDPW Mole Fan Club group in existence for years, as well. The Moles are very popular in Bay City, where Mole Day is celebrated every February (right around Groundhog Day) with a big party that is usually well-attended by Moles. :)

• Like 11

I managed to track down a dispenser for the LDPW Fan Club t-shirts. They can be found outside the Arboretum in Bay City. 

Here's the slurl: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Bay City - Dennis/244/166/24  The signs may take a few moments to come in focus.

I would like to add that Bay City is a wonderful place to explore. Like Bellisseria, their landscape was molded by the Moles, so every year they celebrate Mole Day in February. Unlike Bellisseria, the parcels are in private hands, and they are rather expensive. I think that Bellisserians could learn a lot from the folks in Bay City and perhaps some day we could make them a "Sister City".

moletshirts_001.jpg

Edited by RuffertasAlt
had to get slurl and photo
  • Like 10

I love Bay City and been part of that community for the past 8 years. It is a good example of what I think Bellisseria citizens hope to have, although a bit less "perfect" since the parcels are, as noted, privately owned. Still, a very fun community with an active residents' group (Bay City Alliance) and good events (including some that benefit RL charities).

• Like 4

I was able to nab a few pics today before I crashed and decided I'd better stop camming around and stuff.

Meet the Moles at SL16B

Abnor Mole:

Abnor Mole

Quartz Mole:

Quartz Mole

Squeaky Mole:

Squeaky Mole

Garden Mole:

Garden Mole

I also spotted a couple of cute Linden avatars.

Wolf Linden:

Wolf Linden

Governance Linden - I forgot to note which number they were:

Governance Linden

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 70 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.