A special message page to thank our beloved Moles

roseelvira

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 95 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

14 hours ago, 4REIGN said:

Can the treehouse be reserved for weddings?

I think I read somewhere that you can reserve The Randelsham Tree House for events, but like other Bellisseria events, it must be made public.  Contact Missy Mole and inquire about it.

[10:47] Bellisseria Broadcasting System: Hello! We are proud to announce the release of our brand new Log Home community area, The Randelsham Tree House.
The Randelsham Tree House is located in the lush Randelsham Forest and is a great community hangout surrounded by stunning natural scenery.
It has railroad access and its own station, Randelsham Station.
Like previous community areas, the tree house can be reserved as a community use space to gather with your friends, socialize, hold events, and enjoy the beautiful scenery.
- Patch and the LDPW

Note on weddings in Bellisseria:  The Campwich Lodge and The Randelsham Tree House are both gorgeous build locations.  I've been to a few events hosted at Campwich Lodge and they were decorated beautifully, but you will find a lot more lag in those two areas with a growing crowd.  We held our (public) wedding at the Bellisseria Fairgrounds.  It left us more options to create a wedding theme more to our own style and we were able to keep the lag down to a reasonable level, even with the region maxed out at 75 avatars.  Just some food for thought.

Edited by PrudenceAnton
  • Like 8

I wasn't quite sure where to post this. It could have gone under "Beautiful Abandons". Anyone who remembers my lust for green parcels would also know that I can't hold onto sandy (even waterfront) ones for long. I snagged a sandy beach parcel in Gallaudet with the sinking feeling that I'd have to let it go to someone who would not want to throw down a green prim lawn. But I immediately fell for this  little touch created by Milli Mole and  @Silent Mole. It's right beyond the boundary to my parcel. Let the dreaming begin!

Gallaudet Beach.png

• Like 10

• 3 weeks later...

During this month or so while the moles are not slavishly building new Belli regions,  I looked beyond our lovely lands and saw that  @Patch Linden and his band of merry moles have been busy helping residents create marvelous diversions, for which I thank them! 

First, there has been the RFL relay, which was very large and impressive this year!  Not being inworld during prime relay hours, we didn't walk a LOT of regions, but we did cruise through a few, and thoroughly check out some of the builds.  As usual, it was a huge effort, and a way for my partner and I to renew our appreciation for communities whom we don't usually encounter.

Just opened, SL Pride looks like it's going to be gangbusters this year.  This years theme is "together", and I think all residents of LGBTQ+ persuasions might enjoy the various array of celebrations.  We know how much Patch loves holiday lights, so I suppose it shouldn't be a surprise to see him celebrating in neon.

49977138596_0f9050786c.jpg

The event announcement introduced me to the reincarnation of the word "intersectionality".  I may not be cool enough to have known it already, but thank heavens I am still capable of reading and learning!

Coming up in less than 2 weeks will be SL17B! The moles have been VERY busy preparing 🥰, and I cannot wait to see what the Linden regions actually look like - they're very intriguing on the map (just type SL17B into find).  Particularly Enchant ... ^^ .  Which brings me back to Belli.   My only question about Enchant is, why doesn't it have a pink cover on it, instead of green?  O.o!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Moles and Lindens, and thank you all for the many many hours of fun hopping and marveling whenever I come upon one of Belli's unexpected beauties or oddities.  [Yes, hopping is a form of tourism.]

And thank you to my fellow residents, for your entertaining builds, for keeping my shopping appetites honed, and for occasionally boating past my home in Dimanche!  (I am always unreasonably thrilled to be able to yell AHOY!)

And I just wanted to add a little cheer to @Patch Linden 's day by mentioning that this 2006-veteran bought her VERY FIRST piece of mainland yesterday, so this whole Linden Homes thing is WORKING! 

283361041_trevornoahhappy.gif.0e1a99679e2439fdd2b9b18c74aee18a.gif

• Like 27

• 1 year later...

When you're taking care of an elder, you end up streaming a lot of Food Network, so you see a bunch of small-market commercials over and over.

Somehow this commercial always reminded me of the moles industriously speeding here and there to test the roads.  Particularly Abnor, you'll see why.  Anyway, this one's for you, guys.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

• 1 month later...

With my deepest gratitude to Lindens & Moles, please feel free to enjoy the view of the Kiosks at the Renaissence Festival (supporting American Cancer Society) for which team goes to the pillory (and a chance to show them our rotten love too..)

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Ren Fest I/114/177/23

Right now things are quite balanced, and those who would like to endulge in the rare view of a certain team getting stuck there, now is the chance before fans slap the kiosks again😁 . There are many other activities in the calendar with different L&M showing up, and a good cause is the perfect excuse for some healthy trolling love.

Again, thank you all, not only for your hard work building this amazing world but also for your constant comitment in all good causes across SL and the community organisations making them possible 💜

Edited by KinMononoke
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 2 months later...
  • Moles
7 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

I’m not sure what you moles will think about this

Um .... well, it saves winter heating bills and we don't have to stumble around in bulky sweaters and clumsy mukluks. The only tiny disadvantage is that it takes longer to remember what we .   .  . . . uh.  What was the question again?

• Haha 9

• 1 year later...

I think this thread needs to be resurrected!

I need to thank the moles and the LH queues for bringing me this intriguing Mediterranean parcel.  It has 5 ponds near it (!), and @Garden Mole (whom I don't believe reads the forums), @Moonstruck Mole, and even @Quartz Mole have conspired to create the most beguiling soundscape.  Songbirds, ducks, frogs, insects, gentle plashes, gurgles around rocks, daytime noises, nighttime noises.  This is mostly Garden's work.  Tho the parcel is not as beautiful as others I've had, and this avatar was supposed to go Basic tomorrow,  I may feel compelled to keep it for a month...

treehousefall_001.thumb.jpg.c6d406b3fd5f6ac9803f91392e59d850.jpg

• Like 13

This was a good moment to revive! My new driving skills have really made me appreciate the mole's work on a whole new level.

My inspiration yesterday though, was sending some warm thoughts towards @Abnor Mole for his very particular naming of the log region's rez points using the word 'pictogram' because it makes it so much easy to do an area search for these amongst a thicket of resident's objects which also use the 'rez' word.

Edited by Raspberry Crystal
  • Like 3

SUCH a good point and there are sooooooooo many little and big things our Beloved Moles do for us that may be overlooked.  It was a total revelation to me to watch the 10 (or more?) regions blossom east of the Mediterranean sub-continent yesterday in barely hours, not days or weeks.  And they were digging out new regions for the Ranch theme at the same time.  Well done, Beloved Moles!!

Let's not forget that Annual Mole Day is February 4th each year!!  How can we celebrate our Beloved Moles this year?

• Like 5

• Moles
20 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

I need to thank the moles and the LH queues for bringing me this intriguing Mediterranean parcel.  It has 5 ponds near it (!), and @Garden Mole (whom I don't believe reads the forums), @Moonstruck Mole, and even @Quartz Mole have conspired to create the most beguiling soundscape.  Songbirds, ducks, frogs, insects, gentle plashes, gurgles around rocks, daytime noises, nighttime noises.  This is mostly Garden's work.  Tho the parcel is not as beautiful as others I've had, and this avatar was supposed to go Basic tomorrow,  I may feel compelled to keep it for a month...

The soundscapes throughout Bellisseria are all Garden's work.  I don't know if he reads the forums but I'll make sure he sees your post. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

21 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

* The Mole often seen quietly stuffing strange boxes into treetops pops up from the depths to make a rare appearance *

Thanks very much Nika and everyone else !

I truly get a lot of enjoyment from researching and engineering the soundscapes for the Bellisseria themes, building a special kit for each one to ensure it has an appropriate sonic signature to add an extra dimension to its character. Actually installing them is like weaving a tapestry in sounds, with a little bit of whimsical indulgence in 'special' areas !

You might find that one theme has a 'dawn chorus' of birds which weave and sing around each other at a certain time of day, or another that tries to achieve a 'wide open spaces' feel overall. The Sakura theme includes ambient relaxation sounds and authentic birds for the region, while the Fantasy theme has a whole tanglebox of bizarre and outlandish stuff going on ! I think there's even 'creatures' made from the sounds of toy trains and whistles ;)

Anyhow, thanks again for the compliment, it means a lot to me and I am always very glad to have helped contribute to what the marvellous team as a whole has achieved here. Mediterranean is one of my favourites too !

Thank you everyone for living in the place and making it a success ! Community is everything ❤️

Cheers !

Garden

Edited by Garden Mole
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 11

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 95 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.