Jump to content
roseelvira

A special message page to thank our beloved Moles

Recommended Posts

I am so sad to have been unable to join the rest of the Mole Brigade for yesterday's event. They told me it was fantastic.  Thank you for being such enthusiastic supporters of our work.  It means more than you can imagine.  Scripting is careful,  quiet work.  Despite all of the internal quality control that the stuff I script has to go through,  I never really know that it's any good until it's released and you guys start living with it. Your kind notes mean all the world to me and the rest of the team.  

 THANK you. 🙂

 

  • Like 17
  • Thanks 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Quartz Mole Spotted bright and early Sunday morning SLT working hard on more beautiful homes in Bellisseria...

a509b3163ca47ef00ce2e3e454e45ab9.gif

Thank you to ALL the Moles and Lindens for working so hard every day to make every new home in every neighbourhood unique in beautiful Bellisseria!  Your efforts here have inspired a wonderful new feeling that is spreading to the rest of SL ♥  (((((((Moles & Lindens)))))))  Thank you also for considering all the requests we make and allowing us to watch you all work so hard and ever more efficiently!

Ǥo Moles !!     ♬
Ǥo Lindens!!             ♬
Ǥo !
Ǥo !
Ǥ☉☉☉☉☉☉☉☉☉☉☉☉☉☉ \☻/\☻/\☻/\☻/\☻/\☻/\☻/\☻/\☻/\☻/\☻/\☻/\☻/\☻/\☻/\☻/\☻/\☻/\☻/\☻/\☻/ ❢

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, BJoyful said:

@Quartz Mole Spotted bright and early Sunday morning SLT working hard on more beautiful homes in Bellisseria...

a509b3163ca47ef00ce2e3e454e45ab9.gif

Thank you to ALL the Moles and Lindens for working so hard every day to make every new home in every neighbourhood unique in beautiful Bellisseria!  Your efforts here have inspired a wonderful new feeling that is spreading to the rest of SL ♥  (((((((Moles & Lindens)))))))  Thank you also for considering all the requests we make and allowing us to watch you all work so hard and ever more efficiently!

Ǥo Moles !!     ♬
Ǥo Lindens!!             ♬
Ǥo !
Ǥo !
Ǥ☉☉☉☉☉☉☉☉☉☉☉☉☉☉ \☻/\☻/\☻/\☻/\☻/\☻/\☻/\☻/\☻/\☻/\☻/\☻/\☻/\☻/\☻/\☻/\☻/\☻/\☻/\☻/\☻/ ❢

I just hope @Beth Macbain doesn't get to see this .gif.

Edited by Quartz Mole
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Layla Claven said:

Do you have any of Glowing Mole stashed away @BJoyful😊

I don't on hand... but I will keep an eye open and grab a pic as soon as I can!  Lookout @Glowing Mole we'll be watching for you!!! 😉   

Did you see the YT video of the Moles?  

 

Edited by BJoyful
added YT link to Meet the Moles!
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was there. I took at this at Meet The Lindens and Moles on Friday

I think the moles probably have a bigger fan base than they thought @BJoyful 😂

 

Meet The Lindens and Moles SL16B.jpg

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Layla Claven said:

I think the moles probably have a bigger fan base than they thought @BJoyful 😂

You're probably right, Layla!  They may need their own staff of Press Agents and Bodyguards soon! 🤣

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BJoyful said:

You're probably right, Layla!  They may need their own staff of Press Agents and Bodyguards soon! 🤣

I'm pretty sure @Quartz Mole already has someone guarding his body. 😇

  • Like 2
  • Haha 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Quartz Mole said:

I just hope @Beth Macbain doesn't get to see this .gif.

Understandable! Till now I thought YOUR Avatar was a tiny real MOLE with a helmet on (back row second from left on @Layla Claven s Photo)  ....Now it seems that it is a very attractive MAN!  give_heart_girl.gif

Have you been building incognito when @BJoyful spotted you and took this snapshot?

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Understandable! Till now I thought YOUR Avatar was a tiny real MOLE with a helmet on.

Now it seems that it is a very attractive MAN!  give_heart_girl.gif

Have you been building incognito when @BJoyful spotted you and took this photo?

I tend to use the Mole av (our official av, after all) for occasions like Meet The Moles.   Normally I wear that av (left over from one of our promo shots for the snowball fight one year, I think) though I am sometimes to be seen as Pinhead, Cthulhu, a prim box, and a rather cool bento snake.     Whatever I feel like, really.

 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Quartz Mole said:

I tend to use the Mole av (our official av, after all) for occasions like Meet The Moles.   Normally I wear that av (left over from one of our promo shots for the snowball fight one year, I think) though I am sometimes to be seen as Pinhead, Cthulhu, a prim box, and a rather cool bento snake.     Whatever I feel like, really.

 

Well I guess - and hope ;) - that the snowball fighter is the one that resembles your RL - avatar the most!

Though I think the little mole with the helmet is really CUTE ... reminds me of these .. the German Railway uses

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This one looks like me debugging reported faults and unexpected behaviour (in our scripts, natch, not residents)

max_maulwurf_2_3.jpg

Edited by Quartz Mole
  • Like 3
  • Haha 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Quartz Mole said:

I tend to use the Mole av (our official av, after all) for occasions like Meet The Moles.   Normally I wear that av (left over from one of our promo shots for the snowball fight one year, I think) though I am sometimes to be seen as Pinhead, Cthulhu, a prim box, and a rather cool bento snake.     Whatever I feel like, really.

 

Oooh a snek?

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Quartz Mole said:

I just hope @Beth Macbain doesn't get to see this .gif.

I was given a small forum time-out and didn't get to see this until now, so you're safe!

That 24 hour time-out, though? TOTALLY worth it. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I'm pretty sure @Quartz Mole already has someone guarding his body. 😇

He has been utterly immune to my charms, I'm afraid, and has possibly hired a bodyguard to guard his body from ME😭

  • Like 1
  • Haha 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm bumping this back to the top because that's exactly where this needs to be.

And because I've had a large glass of wine. 

The Moles and Lindens are working their cute little bottoms off trying to get homes out as fast as possible, all the while being... You know what? I'm not going there. Nothing but happiness and appreciation here! 

@Abnor Mole @Dyna Mole @Lost Mole @Squishy Mole @Garden Mole @Frost Mole @Squeaky Mole @Alotta Mole @Glamorous Mole @Glowing Mole @Ancient Mole @Mischievious Mole @Naughty Mole and, of course, my beloved @Quartz Mole, along with @Patch Linden and all the other Lindens and Moles from the LDPW that I can't remember off the top of my head because it's after midnight, and, you know... wine...

Please tag any that I've missed!

(Also, I get sappy as hell after midnight. Sue me.)

I love and appreciate each one of you for what you have created, and continue to create, and for your individual talents and skills and unique personalities, and humor, and patience, and about a billion other things. 

Yes, you are doing your jobs but please don't think for one second that we don't know you are going above and beyond in order to give us this amazing place full of diverse and exceptional  people. It is beautiful, and vibrant, and thriving, and it is so much fun watching it grow and expand. I can genuinely say that my Second Life has taken on a new life since I got my houseboat on the first day. I didn't even know this whole Bellisseria thing was happening. I happened to be working from home that day and was on my SL FB and saw the blog post and grabbed a houseboat out of curiosity. I had no idea what I was getting into... lol! I have made new friends that I cherish. There is no more hiding away in a skybox, or some isolated island, cut off from the world. I'm having fun in Second Life again!

You have re-energized Second Life, and I know I'm not the only one who feels this way. 

I know it's been a rough week... and I'm not even talking about Abnor's potato salad. Please keep those adorable little Mole and Linden chins up. What you have created is beyond what any of us dreamed, I think, and we truly do cherish you for it. 

You ladies and gentlemen are the bomb-diggity, and don't you forget it! We won't!

THANK YOU! 

Also, you know, @Ebbe Linden, you should probably give all of them bonuses, or even raises. Buy 'em all lunch at least. Like, a top shelf lunch, not something catered from Applebee's or whatever. Especially since they're all over the world... would be a weird long-distance lunch. Yeah, so just give 'em all some money. 

whispers "it's totally cool to go ahead and raise the price of premium a little more to pay for it."

❤️

I'm also going to go ahead and tag @Tommy Linden and @Jagix Linden and kindly ask them to remove any negative posts that anyone makes on this thread to keep it happy and positive and upbeat. Thank you!

 

  • Like 16
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

I'm bumping this back to the top because that's exactly where this needs to be.

And because I've had a large glass of wine. 

The Moles and Lindens are working their cute little bottoms off trying to get homes out as fast as possible, all the while being... You know what? I'm not going there. Nothing but happiness and appreciation here! 

@Abnor Mole @Dyna Mole @Lost Mole @Squishy Mole @Garden Mole @Frost Mole @Squeaky Mole @Alotta Mole @Glamorous Mole @Glowing Mole @Ancient Mole @Mischievious Mole @Naughty Mole and, of course, my beloved @Quartz Mole, along with @Patch Linden and all the other Lindens and Moles from the LDPW that I can't remember off the top of my head because it's after midnight, and, you know... wine...

Please tag any that I've missed!

(Also, I get sappy as hell after midnight. Sue me.)

I love and appreciate each one of you for what you have created, and continue to create, and for your individual talents and skills and unique personalities, and humor, and patience, and about a billion other things. 

Yes, you are doing your jobs but please don't think for one second that we don't know you are going above and beyond in order to give us this amazing place full of diverse and exceptional  people. It is beautiful, and vibrant, and thriving, and it is so much fun watching it grow and expand. I can genuinely say that my Second Life has taken on a new life since I got my houseboat on the first day. I didn't even know this whole Bellisseria thing was happening. I happened to be working from home that day and was on my SL FB and saw the blog post and grabbed a houseboat out of curiosity. I had no idea what I was getting into... lol! I have made new friends that I cherish. There is no more hiding away in a skybox, or some isolated island, cut off from the world. I'm having fun in Second Life again!

You have re-energized Second Life, and I know I'm not the only one who feels this way. 

I know it's been a rough week... and I'm not even talking about Abnor's potato salad. Please keep those adorable little Mole and Linden chins up. What you have created is beyond what any of us dreamed, I think, and we truly do cherish you for it. 

You ladies and gentlemen are the bomb-diggity, and don't you forget it! We won't!

THANK YOU! 

Also, you know, @Ebbe Linden, you should probably give all of them bonuses, or even raises. Buy 'em all lunch at least. Like, a top shelf lunch, not something catered from Applebee's or whatever. Especially since they're all over the world... would be a weird long-distance lunch. Yeah, so just give 'em all some money. 

whispers "it's totally cool to go ahead and raise the price of premium a little more to pay for it."

❤️

I'm also going to go ahead and tag @Tommy Linden and @Jagix Linden and kindly ask them to remove any negative posts that anyone makes on this thread to keep it happy and positive and upbeat. Thank you!

 

I wanna echo this too...

Second Life has been my home for 12+ years... that is LONGER then I have lived in any one RL location my whole life.... when I log into Second Life I feel like I'm home...

And if it were not for these wonderful people who make this place tick i would not have my home...

Thank you to ALL of our Lindens and ALL of our Moles!!!

 

❤️ Eva

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's entirely possible that I'm just going to keep bumping this thread to the top because I'm utterly exhausted from holding myself in check on some  other threads.

I'm tenacious like that. 

Also, I found a bunch of gifs some some cartoon featuring a cute little mole.

wkF750E.gif.62c7dd35b154857845adcfff358356a5.gif

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about a "Museum of Moles" ... or rather a "Gallery of Moles" ... to honour them?

I relly enjoyed those photos earlier in this thread of various Moles especially as I couldn't be there at the "Meet the Moles" event.

I am allways curious what they look like so it would be nice if people who met Moles (or Lindens) posted the photos here.

I met a Linden - Kona Linden - about a weerk ago hoovering in front of one of the new homes:

48125321361_39340eda45_c.jpg
KonaLinden by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Rather impressive, isn't he?

Might be Kona will become your new crush and take the place of your favourite Mole Quartz? ;)

(Then he won't need a bodyguard any more)

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I want to echo Evangeline & Beth: I've been with SL since about the start (this isn't even my oldest AV & she's almost 14) and while I've been part of communities I thought were wonderful, I've never felt SL, as a world- as a whole, lived up to its early promise. I've seen it pivot focus from  small enterprises of dubious social value 😛 to a business outreach platform to a place for educational & political communication, but this is the first time I've seen LL be so active and engaged with users and really hear what users want SL to be and it's making all the difference. I know this is a ton of hard work for them, but the reason SL has such longevity, in spite of being on 15 year old architecture, is : A) flexibility and freedom and B) creating the right environment for real community.  Balancing those two facets is never easy. Thank you so very much to the Moles (and Lindens) for making it happen.

Edited by Kitten Kaos
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...