When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1126 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

talked to one in SL, she said it is only abandoned ones to get. Even if you see a region released, it is an abandoned house that comes up. Maybe it is a high turnover. Those who got houses the first hours has started to think they can get better ones?

i thought by waiting a few hours i would do ok ,,,, nope got a house that all stuck together and in a region beginning wth the letter A ,,,, so a wasted try as i doubt any one is around to fix them on a saturday ,,,, so i think that   when we get a bungled house it should not count ,,,,  or start to post on the thread where they are so someone if any of the moles are reading thi tread could zip by and reset or whatever majic they do ,,,, and that is why alot get abandoned ,,,,  so i will wait a few more hours , ,,,, and try again,,,,,,  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

<sad rant>Sigh. I have never had such a hard time finding a home I like in a theme - 4 consecutive tries and all of them jumbled houses, all abandoned because not one of them had even a sliver of a water view. With so much water in these regions, how can it be so difficult? :( </sad rant>

Me, too.  If I do find one with some water in sight, I am lucky if there is one house style option that allows for the view. :P

• Like 2

Agreed. It's very, very hard to find a spot with some water. Four alts have been diligently searching and maxing out their turns every day. Nothing. 🙁 

While the rest of Belli is landscaped in a way that makes it feel "full" without water, IMO, the Log Homes seem sparse. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Eirynne Sieyes said:

While the rest of Belli is landscaped in a way that makes it feel "full" without water, IMO, the Log Homes seem sparse. 

I think a lot of people are sleeping on the border areas because they are so empty right now, but I imagine the moles will be converting into rich forested areas with all sorts of natural wonders.  Not every Belli location is meant to be waterfront, and the woods are lovely, dark and deep, with all sorts of beautiful scenery. 🙂  

I think maybe once the shiny has worn off a bit, a lot of people yearning for ocean views or large open waters might find their way back to a lot of the now available Victorians - So many great options between the new ones and beautiful abandons.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, roseelvira said:

love the log homes  and here we go again ,,, i was lucky to get a log home w a beautiful stream in the back ,,,I   thought ,,,,wow forever home ,,,((( i gave up the  boat  saw there are  not to many available and people still wanted them  so i hoped to get a nice log home))))) ,,,, and did !!!!      got it .  looked great.... happy ...  logged out   went to bed ,,,, and up this morning to decorate.....     BUT ,,,, i log in and my neighbor placed    line of huge trees  by using the invisible prim thing the tress trunk are on their property and the open space between homes  so  their trees are on their  parcel and the middle space between the homes but  all the huge    branches and  leaves ,,, willows reaching to the grown ,,, are all on my property  from the road you can see the  """" wow that neighbor is doing that !!!!"""    taking up a good part of my  lawn ,,,,,, i had this happen before and it was with the  same  avi ,

,, so this time i sent in abuse report  took pics ,, etc 

,  not going to try to talk to them because i know how it went   the last time

and they were very mean and condensending

i had to abandon then

,,,,,,,,,,,i do not expect it to get addressed  due to the releases  and  the teams are busy  fixing the stuck houses issues

but this person has been in sl a long long long time and knows  what they are doing ,

, sadly i abandoned it  a bit ago ,,,, 

just sad a  seasoned resident   behaving this way ,,,,,  

but the log homes are great ,,,,

Sooo many people are going ape sh** with extra trees. I had to release a pretty plot the first day because my camera view was full of trees. I kept saying to my partner "Something doesn't feel right about this plot." It was after about 5 minutes we realized only some of the trees were meant to be there. At that time we were pretty unfamiliar of the log home landscape. A quick walk around released regions and it's trees, trees, trees! Maybe I was wrong for believing there were already plenty of trees on plots?😆 I mean I'm all for landscaping but geez.

• Like 2

I think, with respect to water, we all have to adjust our expectations.   It makes a difference that the coastlines are a mountain range.

The waterways in currently built-out Logland regions provide nice views from houses, but are all pretty limited in scope; it's not like Campwich, where many many campers are on small rivers that travel through 15 regions or more.  There are a lot of single-parcel ponds and narrow ponds that touch 2 or 3 regions.  Rivers often travel through 6 regions in a loop, but that's generally it.

We have to learn to appreciate the beauties of THIS landscape.

For example, I'm kinda torn about this Wildecross parcel.  It has some water, but in that regard is nowhere near as nice as the nearby parcel with water on 3 sides.  BUT.  it also is next to a drive-thru tree (yay!), and backs up to a block of mountainous SSPE regions.  The view right now is very Montana out the back, and that block of SSPE regions is not REAL big, a really nice size for a park.  If the moles put houses out there, it would be too bad for this parcel.  But if it is a park ....  or a camper neighborhood THEN a park ... BINGO!

question_001.thumb.png.b23651d4bfa5439c4e3be76c5ae40671.png

• Like 11

50 minutes ago, Vegas Ember said:

Sooo many people are going ape sh** with extra trees. I had to release a pretty plot the first day because my camera view was full of trees. I kept saying to my partner "Something doesn't feel right about this plot." It was after about 5 minutes we realized only some of the trees were meant to be there. At that time we were pretty unfamiliar of the log home landscape. A quick walk around released regions and it's trees, trees, trees! Maybe I was wrong for believing there were already plenty of trees on plots?😆 I mean I'm all for landscaping but geez.

I tend to add a lot of trees to my homes, especially my camper site and would also do so if I got a log cabin.  To me, those themes feel like they should be even more woodsy than they already are.  Not too mention that the extra tree helps me NOT see much of the crud that others are rezzing and help with the feeling of privacy.

Sooooo, as you can see, we all have different views and expectations of these home areas.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
spelling
  • Like 8

I don't think I'd ever abandon a parcel I really liked just because of a nearby object that could be easily derendered. You can't control who your neighbors are, and that is always subject to change, so.... you give up that good parcel, move to another, and a week later, someone with worse trees moves in next door to you at the new place. What then? Abandon and move again?

(Meanwhile, the neighbors you objected to at the first parcel can and likely will move along at some point.)

I love me some asset blacklist. :) 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, roseelvira said:

i thought by waiting a few hours i would do ok ,,,, nope got a house that all stuck together and in a region beginning wth the letter A ,,,, so a wasted try as i doubt any one is around to fix them on a saturday ,,,, so i think that   when we get a bungled house it should not count ,,,,  or start to post on the thread where they are so someone if any of the moles are reading thi tread could zip by and reset or whatever majic they do ,,,, and that is why alot get abandoned ,,,,  so i will wait a few more hours , ,,,, and try again,,,,,,  

Live chat is available at weekends, and they may be able to come and fix the issue for you - yesterday I had a different issue (red hovertext on my parcel and all the other parcels in the region) and the support Linden TP'd to my parcel and fixed it.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, LoganPryor said:

Live chat is available at weekends, and they may be able to come and fix the issue for you - yesterday I had a different issue (red hovertext on my parcel and all the other parcels in the region) and the support Linden TP'd to my parcel and fixed it.

Agree with this. Merely posting about it in this thread is not going to get the attention of someone who can fix the problem, or at least won't get it right away. Contact Support directly, @roseelvira, that's what they are there for. :) 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, roseelvira said:

An alt got that Armitage property this afternoon.  She got on live chat and Dottie Linden arrived quickly to take care of the issue.  :D

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Laurelrose Anthony said:

An alt got that Armitage property this afternoon.  She got on live chat and Dottie Linden arrived quickly to take care of the issue.  :D

Dottie is awesome! She zoomed in to help me with a houseboat problem one time. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Quiet Mirabella said:

You can blacklist items you do not want to see, and it will never bother you again :) 

That's Viewer specific.

Not all viewers have a feature like that, and if you use more than one kind of viewer - such settings also only exist in each viewer separately.

Is it posted somewhere that the notecard with information in the Log Home mailbox ends with this:

" Please note also that Linden Lab may offer new house models or upgraded versions of existing ones from time to time. When that happens, current residents will be notified. You may choose to use the House Controller to select a new model or upgrade at any time. "

Means that those who have a really nice location for the first homes can be sad if they give it up, and suddenly some new model is added to that style...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

I think, with respect to water, we all have to adjust our expectations.   It makes a difference that the coastlines are a mountain range.

The waterways in currently built-out Logland regions provide nice views from houses, but are all pretty limited in scope

We have to learn to appreciate the beauties of THIS landscape.

I get that but...

I want water, or I want hills, steep hills.

The hills are always a region away at best, and like your example someone else always has the water lot - or it's just a small pond.

The area around the plots is too flat for my tastes.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1126 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.