What do you do when you're angry?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1751 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Trolling is the cancer of the internet. Is it fair to release anger by angering others? 

It isn't. So don't. 

Find another outlet. I get in my car, go for a drive, and scream my bloody head off, or if I can't do that, I listen to ASMR until I relax and chill. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

Yeah. I agree with the above. "I'm angry so I'm going to upset as many people as I can on the internet" is pretty much the least mature thing I can think of. 
Eat Icecream - go for a run - meditate - watch romcoms - stroke a kitten - stroke yourself - Sing - force laugh - Read the darwin awards - write in your journal - make something up for a journal that will be found in 100 years time - Paint - Breathe deeply - Smoke - Finish your design for a cosmic super weapon - call your parents - call someone else's parents - go to the pub and chat to a stranger - go to the playground and swing until you are sick - Stare at a almost white but not quite white painting for hours on end... 
There are many options which don't involve just hurting others to make yourself feel good. Anger is not a bad emotion, just learn to harness it for good :D 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

It takes a lot to tip me over the edge. A real lot. When it happens, I'm told its impressive. I don't know...... Thankfully that's exceptionally rare.

When I just get narked, I tend to switch into my pragmatist/reflector mindset and contemplate how to move forward.

Sometimes that may be revenge. Other times I just move on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It depends on what's making me angry that determines how I'm going to deal with it..

At my work,I deal with a couple hundred people every night..There are always new people coming in and ones that have been there for how ever long,leaving or those that have been there forever and a day and think they are untouchable.. So it's constant training and making sure everyone is doing their jobs and being productive as well as dealing with those that get angry themselves.

There is a lot of analyzing why I am angry at the time.. lucky for me there are two others that are in the same job as me,so we are constantly getting together to talk about what's going on and how to deal with certain situations..

Over time of doing my job,a lot of the things that used to make me angry,don't anymore..Mainly because I have much more experience of how to deal with most of the situations that pop up.

Plus I have been fortunate enough to watch others and how they deal with a lot of the same situations..I try to rub a lot of the positive things they do onto myself..

There are times others will come to me also and say,I just can't deal with this guy,he has me ripping my hair out,do you think you can handle it? I'll say to them, Sure thing.

If I can't and the other of the three can't as well..then it goes to the next person above us and a good chance this person is going to lose their job..Which is a last resort thing we ever want..

So it's important that we have our anger in check and really sure that it's not us just flying off the handle.

Because with every person at work,there are most times someone out the outside depending on them..So it's not just the person doing the job that gets impacted..

The first thing I look at with myself is,am I angry or frustrated for a good reason..

ETA: Almost forgot to put in how I deal with any anger that might get pent up..Nothing works better for me than going for a nice morning run on my horse..

That's always pretty much where I will be when life gets to be too much or need a good release..With my best friend,running the hills

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Gopi Passiflora said:

What do you do when you're angry?

i get angelic.... really....

think most know who i am and how i respond when getting triggered.. sometimes short fused, and often taken wrong while i'm trying to be nice. 😇

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 4:33 AM, GreatBigHippy said:

Yeah. I agree with the above. "I'm angry so I'm going to upset as many people as I can on the internet" is pretty much the least mature thing I can think of. 
Eat Icecream - go for a run - meditate - watch romcoms - stroke a kitten - stroke yourself - Sing - force laugh - Read the darwin awards - write in your journal - make something up for a journal that will be found in 100 years time - Paint - Breathe deeply - Smoke - Finish your design for a cosmic super weapon - call your parents - call someone else's parents - go to the pub and chat to a stranger - go to the playground and swing until you are sick - Stare at a almost white but not quite white painting for hours on end... 
There are many options which don't involve just hurting others to make yourself feel good. Anger is not a bad emotion, just learn to harness it for good :D 

As if you need to actually tell SL users to do that.

• Haha 3

Reminds me of one of my Oscar nominated blows........

The neighbours boys had been misbehaving and scared my daughter. She was maybe four at the time. That was a big red line. 

They were on the street, so I went out, fully charged..... They saw me coming and beat a hasty retreat.........down the road.

So......I came back indoors and did a complete costume change.........

I sneaked back out in the opposite direction and walked round the block. I came at them from an unexpected direction, and got right up to them before they realised it was me. I gave them both barrels.

Y'know, I admire those who can verbally rant on, and make sense, but I can't do that convincingly..... unless I'm in the zone.

That day I was in The Zone. I don't remember what I said, but they got it for maybe two minutes. They stayed straight faced and silent during my onslaught.

From that day they never bothered my daughter again. Job Done.

• Haha 2

Can hardly remember the lasts time being truly angry. I've been sad about, or disappointed regularly by incompetence of people. But to get me really angry/mad, you have to be extremely skilled.

When I do get angry, I tend to throw stuff or slam doors. Then realize how silly that is, and no longer be mad. So its actually a good remedy.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

When I do get angry, I tend to throw stuff or slam doors.

I used to do the door slamming trick too. And since it never was loud enough on first try, I opened the door and slammed it again. For some reason my parents and sisters thought it was funny...

Nowadays I go for a long walk or get some heavy physical work or exercises done. I can't let all that energy go to waste. :)

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 2

It depends on why I’m angry. Generally, though, the anger I feel is caused by grouchiness and I take a nap if possible.

I would like to think that I can hold my tongue for the most part. I step away from the situation if possible. I hit an extra gym session and sweat it out, followed by a hot shower and snuggling into my sofa with a good book. 

Sometimes I don’t hold my tongue, if I’m built up to it, and then people cry. I feel bad about it afterwards. 

• Like 1

On 6/23/2019 at 2:03 PM, Gopi Passiflora said:

I admit when I'm angry I troll on the interwebs and see if I could get away with it....

I know it's bad, I shouldn't do it....

And this is one of the reasons I get angry... 😜

As for what I do... I try and calm down as quickly and as logically as possible. Pretty simple stuff, really.

• Like 2

I used to throw and break things. I was a pharmacy tech for years and I used to break phones by slamming them down so hard after talking to irate people (Be nice to your pharmacy folks! They're trying, I promise!) but after about the fourth broken phone, my boss had to have a nice little chat with me and I would keep something soft next to me that I could slam the handset on a few times that wouldn't break it.

My issues with anger (or at least how I let it out) really sort of stopped in my mid-thirties when I quit pretending I didn't have depression issues and finally started on my happy pills. It doesn't stop me from getting angry, but it does make it easier for me to deal with and I don't get SO FREAKING FURIOUS that I see red anymore. So much easier now to just let the unimportant things roll off and deal with the important things in a healthier way. 

And when I'm really freaking furious about something, and these days it's mostly about politics, I will find someone with the opposite opinion on Twitter and have it out with them. I don't consider it trolling because it's genuine. The people I pick are already angry, too. And more than once, oddly enough, I've had raging Twitter battles with someone who seemingly needed to let it all out as well, and we end up laughing over it in the end because we've both made our points and been heard and often even find some common ground. It's cathartic and no harm is done and often even a little good comes out of it. 

• Like 1

On 6/23/2019 at 5:03 AM, Gopi Passiflora said:

I admit when I'm angry I troll on the interwebs and see if I could get away with it....

I know it's bad, I shouldn't do it....

It does kind of depend. Trolling, done well, can be both hilarious and harmless. I would personally separate it from griefing or just straight up abuse. 

According to my app, I'm going to be absolutely murderous tomorrow, then the next day I'll be weeping into a 500g of chocolate, and then I'll probably be all right.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

And when I'm really freaking furious about something, and these days it's mostly about politics...

I don't know where you're from...for some reason I've got the feeling that you're American, but I may well be wrong. At any rate, if you're American or British, we all know it's a race to the bottom right now, but if you crochet, these could help.

https://www.lovecrafts.com/en-gb/p/boris-johnson-pincushion-crochet-pattern-by-snorkers-imaginarium?country=GB

https://www.lovecrafts.com/en-gb/p/donald-trump-voodoo-pincushion-crochet-crochet-pattern-by-snorkers-imaginarium?country=GB 

• Haha 1

I usually either vent to my closest peeps, take a long walk (couple of blocks) and then back to my place and eat a yummy treat while I do it... Also putting things into perspective work, I put this last one into work most often than the first two, makes me realize how silly the entire thing is to begin with.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1751 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.