TMP Legacy mesh body

Windywinters

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 891 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Original and femine bodies cosst 5000L, for ones who already have TMP deluxe-2500L.

i tried a demo, and stylemode Hud seemes a bit better,then it was))  will you try new TMP legacy body?

Snapshot_001.png

Snapshot_002.png

Snapshot_003.png

I already saw some complains at store, where people tried to find support,so..maybe it's another body ,which will not be updated for the next 100 years,funny that enter the store is free,lol. 

Edited by Windywinters
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Didn't know there were any demos anymore sent my TMP free using alt there a month or two back and there was no demo to be had of the new bento body Personally I wouldn't waste a single L$ on buying a TMP body little to no new items are including that body rig and relies on an external server that when it goes poof will mean you won be able to do anything that requires the HUD. 

• Like 6

I've always felt the shape of TMP was the best, at least for the ladies. The system makes it unusable. I may try the demo at some point, but it would take a lot to convince me to buy it.

Plus, at this point, who's going to make clothes for it?

And that's not even mentioning the fact that those who purchased deluxe were promised free updates, especially as it was in beta. Paying another $2500L? No, thanks. 

Edited by Ariel Vuissent
  • Like 9

10 hours ago, Ariel Vuissent said:

I've always felt the shape of TMP was the best, at least for the ladies. The system makes it unusable. I may try the demo at some point, but it would take a lot to convince me to buy it.

Plus, at this point, who's going to make clothes for it?

And that's not even mentioning the fact that those who purchased deluxe were promised free updates, especially as it was in beta. Paying another $2500L? No, thanks. 

Agree with you about the female shape, I had avatar tmp heAd and body and felt great. I think new tmp is good for starters,vutr not worth even 2500.Maitreya still the best.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ariel Vuissent said:

TMP has the best bosom, but Belleza is about 99.90357% as good... :P

That said, the crotch on TMP is the worst on the market... no model definition at all - not even an indentation. Barbie level of detail.

I am of the opinion that the body on Belleza is otherwise better, but then again I'm kinda known for being biased towards Belleza.

• Thanks 1

On 4/20/2019 at 9:29 AM, Windywinters said:

Original and femine bodies cosst 5000L, for ones who already have TMP deluxe-2500L.

i tried a demo, and stylemode Hud seemes a bit better,then it was))  will you try new TMP legacy body?

I already saw some complains at store, where people tried to find support,so..maybe it's another body ,which will not be updated for the next 100 years,funny that enter the store is free,lol. 

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

I looked over things. It looks like buyers will be at least as dependent on their servers staying operational, and there was no way of testing their claims of, "Well, you can adapt it to fit your other mesh clothes using our Magical Attachments."

• Like 3

Yesterday in the Genus group chat several people were all oohing and aahing over the "new TMP" body. I was like, wait, there's a new one? Aren't they basically out of business? I thought maybe they had somehow resurrected (no Easter pun intended) themselves and were now supporting the product again. Mentioned the past issues in group chat and thankfully others then also chimed in to let newcomers know just how little customer service there is (like none) and how it seems like upfront it's a good deal, but NO, not at all. 

I remember getting the body when it first came out and was never impressed by it. It looked kind of odd to me personally. I'm a Maitreya user primarily - or I use Belleza's Freya when I want a more rounded appearance. Much rather pay the money up front and be assured of a good product with updates as needed without having to worry about paying more for them.

Let alone how little clothing is out there for the TMP and, the poor shopping experience at the sim as well SMDH

Edited by Elora Lunasea
  • Like 1

The new body looks really nice but then again so did the old one. I think a lot of people could ignore (even to some extent) all of the nuances that plagued the original body, but one thing that could not be overlooked was the lack of support from top tier creators. The mesh deformer that is included with the body (not available to demo) helps, but it is not the solution.

The HUD has been improved, but I still experienced a considerable amount of lag (the old HUD was notoriously laggy) when interacting with Alpha layers and other core functions. There didn't appear to be a save state option either (but don't quote me on that) which is rather disappointing.

I am going to advise people on a budget to hold off for now.

• Like 1

I was surprised to see they eventually released another mesh body. What I do not understand is the reason that led them not to include this 'deformer' feature in the demo. I like how the body looks and that feature sounds pretty interesting, but I am not sure I'd want to pay for it knowing the issues we all had with this brand.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chris Zeitman said:

I am not sure I'd want to pay for it knowing the issues we all had with this brand.

Should be a no brainer. Next to none of the high quality original clothing creators will support that body as not only is it a lot of extra work to support another body but given the history? Some might just to fill that niche market but most of us are just sitting here waiting for them to loose interest in their own product again.

• Like 3

Here's my take on this. While TMP may have gotten away with charging high prices back when they were pretty much the only game in town, that strategy isn't going to work when there are so many other mesh bodies out there with much, MUCH better desginer support.

https://ryanschultz.com/2019/04/23/the-mesh-project-releases-new-male-and-female-mesh-bodies-why-i-wont-be-buying-one/

Which is a shame, because I think TMP has the nicest male mesh body out there. But not at L$5,000. 

Edited by Vanity Fair
  • Like 7

On 4/21/2019 at 4:37 PM, Theresa Tennyson said:

[...] and there was no way of testing their claims of, "Well, you can adapt it to fit your other mesh clothes using our Magical Attachments."

Someone in a groupchat  said they do use deformers for that now - didn't check that, but sounds about right. However, aren't most clothes that are made for other brands fitted? meaning that if you deform the body, you'll also deform the clothing, thus renderering it useless?
If yes, and they don't put the deformers in the demo to test them, then I find that... well, suspicious, to say the least.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

Someone in a groupchat  said they do use deformers for that now - didn't check that, but sounds about right. However, aren't most clothes that are made for other brands fitted? meaning that if you deform the body, you'll also deform the clothing, thus renderering it useless?
If yes, and they don't put the deformers in the demo to test them, then I find that... well, suspicious, to say the least.

This. THIS. It's highly suspicious that they didn't include that in the demos.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vanity Fair said:

This. THIS. It's highly suspicious that they didn't include that in the demos.

Doesn't necessarily mean they are trying to hide a broken feature. Perhaps it's just a strategy to make you purchase the body. I'm sure it's not flawless because then they'd be bragging about it in the demo folder but I feel like people should try and be more optimistic. Are we going to hold on to our Maitreya bodies for the rest of Second Life's existence?

It's a new and interesting approach. People complain about the price but if this body allows you to wear clothing that aren't specifically designed for the body you're wearing then maybe that L$5,000 isn't so bad after all.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BrooklynnC said:

Are we going to hold on to our Maitreya bodies for the rest of Second Life's existence?

It's a new and interesting approach. People complain about the price but if this body allows you to wear clothing that aren't specifically designed for the body you're wearing then maybe that L$5,000 isn't so bad after all.

There’s already three or four bodies that are straggling behind Maitreya, do we need another one? And for twice as much as two of them together?

It might be a novel approach, but who’s willing to make a $5000 L mistake?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, janetosilio said:

There’s already three or four bodies that are straggling behind Maitreya, do we need another one? And for twice as much as two of them together?

It might be a novel approach, but who’s willing to make a $5000 L mistake?

Why, it's something us consumers benefit from. The more competitors the better. Of course we're not gonna buy all of the bodies but if the boundaries are constantly challenged then we'll move forward. Maybe Onyx, or whatever her name is, finally crawls out of her den again like she did when the bento craze took SL by storm, and spoils us with some new features. Or maybe she's thrown off the top by somebody better?

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 891 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.