Jump to content
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 201 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Paula001 Goldschein said:

Hi ♥  @Eva Knoller

@Ruslana Koskinen

@Drake1 Nightfire

Drake, Flickr is a good idea thank you! 

.. so 3 min short video on flickr showing the deformer in action on flickr here :)

I added also just a picture, both are set to moderate so I think you need to be logged in to see ♥

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mellowshapes/

full vid on youtube with feet deformer here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB81kRYixtk

 

Looking at the video, it tries to A figure out what body rigged clothes you are wearing, and then changes. Which from the looks of it, is a very slow process. Not bashing this, even though you are wearing that bikini, you can definitely tell that even the scripting has a hard time, and you can see a few areas, especially around the waist, where it doesn't exactly fit right. Even with the dress, you can tell it has a hard time really figuring it out, it doesn't deform perfectly. As a lot of people had stated, that it works perfectly with their Maitreya rigged outfits, from your video that is exactly opposite. That is not to say, that the body is horrible. Just that the deformer seems kinda jenky in my opinion. Not really worth the 5k, if I already have the body that the outfit is rigged to. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Put it this way: when Maitreya upgraded 'Lara' to Bento hands they did it for free, and didn't expect those who already had the body to fork out another L$2,500 for the upgrade.

I have to wonder who will trust this brand again?  

Anyone spending even 1L on TMP products is a fool.

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Ruslana Koskinen said:

I completely agree. It may be better to make a Maitreya shape with Maitreya body when wearing Maitreya fitted clothes on Legacy body with Maitreya Deformer.  Does it sound complicated and pointless.

Indeed. My wife and I both said, "That sounds hinky." when reading the description of how the deformer works. If it copies the mesh shape of another mesh creator, that may very well be copyright infringement. I know if "I" created a mesh body and someone made a script to make their mesh body copy mine so people could wear clothing made for mine with theirs, I would be talking to a lawyer. 

4 hours ago, halebore Aeon said:

My first body was actually the SLink Male Physique body, then I switched to TMP. But this was at the time I identified as a male, then after 4 to 5 months, I switched to Signature. Now I identify as a Female, and I jump between Isis and Lara, as I love those bodies. But yeah I don't think many top tier companies will support the new TMP body. Whether it be Appliers or Clothes. Especially with how they want you to give you all your personal info to them, just to get a Mesh Dev Kit. 

I started with Slink male as well, tried Signature and found the lack of clothing an issue, and now use Slink and Aesthetic mostly, unless i am a full mesh av like my JOMO dragon.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

I started with Slink male as well, tried Signature and found the lack of clothing an issue, and now use Slink and Aesthetic mostly, unless i am a full mesh av like my JOMO dragon.

Signature Gianni has a lot of clothes available now. You can use it again.  

This the way of a Mesh Body become generally popular in Second Life by time. They continue perfect the body and accumulate the support of designers. What I can see TMP has no legacy remaining at all. First, the bankrupted their own brand reputation. Second they abandoned all their old body clothes support together with other designer's support of that. Instead of that, they take away the effort of all other mesh body's contribution from designer. They also abandon their body's own shape, it is not a Legacy body. It is a Ghost Shadow Body.

Edited by Ruslana Koskinen
update
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Indeed. My wife and I both said, "That sounds hinky." when reading the description of how the deformer works. If it copies the mesh shape of another mesh creator, that may very well be copyright infringement. I know if "I" created a mesh body and someone made a script to make their mesh body copy mine so people could wear clothing made for mine with theirs, I would be talking to a lawyer. 

I think they got the info from other mesh body development kit. Those development kit are for making mesh clothes, but they used or reverse-engineered it for making the deformer. It may amount to a breach of the dev-kit agreement.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BrightAutumn said:

i remember i had  talk  with TMP Support,and all the messages i got seemed like :dear customre,**ck off,they answered some questions and later ignored me,lol.

Pretty much.. I still have like $135L on their shopping hud that i cant get back... They said to add L$ till it equaled an amount that was exact to buy clothing. That would be fine except you cant add any amount, you have to buy set amounts.. I did the math once.. I would have to buy almost 2K of their money to be able to spend to a zero balance.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BrightAutumn said:

i remember i had  talk  with TMP Support,and all the messages i got seemed like :dear customre,**ck off,they answered some questions and later ignored me,lol.

Same face and attitude in 2016. They won't change.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ruslana Koskinen said:

Same face and attitude in 2016. They won't change.

I would honestly have to agree with you there. That and learning you need to give out RL info, just to develop for them. Like I am kinda suspicious about that. I honestly think that they won't last long. There are way too many variables, that are against them than there are for them. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I still don't understand what this deformer is - is it a script? Or is it a different body inside the other? My friend thinks its a body with different shape inside the other, so when you have to wear other clothing the first onion layer disappears and the body inside appears (I do hope I make any sense here). I am very curious, so If anyone can explain what is it to me, please do.

And what is the complexity of the body? Is it high? Low?

Thank you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2019 at 8:27 PM, Paula001 Goldschein said:

Hi ♥  @Eva Knoller

@Ruslana Koskinen

@Drake1 Nightfire

Drake, Flickr is a good idea thank you! 

.. so 3 min short video on flickr showing the deformer in action on flickr here :)

I added also just a picture, both are set to moderate so I think you need to be logged in to see ♥

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mellowshapes/

full vid on youtube with feet deformer here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB81kRYixtk

 

OK so the "deformers" are basically body shapes that allow you to wear clothing designed for Maitreya, Belleza, or Slink. That's it?!??

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Vanity Fair said:

OK so the "deformers" are basically body shapes that allow you to wear clothing designed for Maitreya, Belleza, or Slink. That's it?!??

I guess it not a shape. It is a set of different parameter (i.e., Maitreya body shape number) to the original body for changing the mesh shape. So the original body still maintain some of their feature shape (i.e., armpit, breast side line, etc).  But I am not a mesh creator, this is my guess.

Anyone know about mesh can teach us about this.

Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a store on the Marketplace where you can get numerous "deformers" for certain effects. I find that stuff actually intriguing, as it definitely addresses some of my major annoyances with mesh bodies. No perfect solution, though.

Telling by those deformers, my bet is that the 5k uber snakeoil body glory of all trades thing will quite likely run into weird animation mismatches, shoulders not in line and such... but hey, why complain after forking out that money, right?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

There is a store on the Marketplace where you can get numerous "deformers" for certain effects. I find that stuff actually intriguing, as it definitely addresses some of my major annoyances with mesh bodies. No perfect solution, though.

Telling by those deformers, my bet is that the 5k uber snakeoil body glory of all trades thing will quite likely run into weird animation mismatches, shoulders not in line and such... but hey, why complain after forking out that money, right?

Yep, those deformer answered me a lot of complain against the mesh body shape. It mod the limitation of a mesh body. This really made me recall the mod for Skyrim. So it does not matter to how Legacy body design, it does matter by the effect of deformer. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

"deformers" for certain effects. I find that stuff actually intriguing

me too.  I am tempted to buy this TMP Legacy body just to see how they did it. Sure it's L$5,000 so have to think about it a bit. But I already got other bodies, so its not like my purchase decision is this body or that body, pick one.  Then also I recently spent $3000 on a Snow Rabbit head, even though it doesn't do anywhere near what the Bento heads can do. I just wanted it so I bought it

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

me too.  I am tempted to buy this TMP Legacy body just to see how they did it. Sure it's L$5,000 so have to think about it a bit. But I already got other bodies, so its not like my purchase decision is this body or that body, pick one.  Then also I recently spent $3000 on a Snow Rabbit head, even though it doesn't do anywhere near what the Bento heads can do. I just wanted it so I bought it

we should organize a meeting with those has this "deformer" to see the effect, but not to buy it. 

I sense something not nice will happen in the mesh body market. It thin the different between the Mesh Bodies. 

Furthermore, my clothes designer friend already complain too many female mesh body now.  She said every month has new. She want a united mesh body.  She is a kind of want to support all mesh body type.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ruslana Koskinen said:

Furthermore, my clothes designer friend already complain too many female mesh body now.  She said every month has new. She want a united mesh body.  She is a kind of want to support all mesh body type.

your friend may need to think about how much time she has

Two  my fav designers stopped trying to make clothes for all bodies. They make only for Maitreya Lara now. I still buy a lot their stuff because they make what I like and I have a Lara to wear them on. Another designer I found makes only for Ebody Curvy now. I buy their stuff as well because I also have that body

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

your friend may need to think about how much time she has

Two  my fav designers stopped trying to make clothes for all bodies. They make only for Maitreya Lara now. I still buy a lot their stuff because they make what I like and I have a Lara to wear them on. Another designer I found makes only for Ebody Curvy now. I buy their stuff as well because I also have that body

I was scold by her to suggest only Maitreya last time.  I proposed her to support Big 4 last night. I said there always has Big 4 in real life.  She was silence to me this time.  

Edited by Ruslana Koskinen
update
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ruslana Koskinen said:

I was scold by her to suggest only Maitreya.  I proposed her Big 4 last night. I said there always has Big 4 in real life.  She was silence to me this time.  

ah! ok.  Best not to raise it again with her then

I do have some sympathy for her, about wishing there was a unified mesh body system. It isn't going to happen but still some sympathy for her and all the other designers confronting this same issue

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mollymews said:

ah! ok.  Best not to raise it again with her then

I do have some sympathy for her, about wishing there was a unified mesh body system. It isn't going to happen but still some sympathy for her and all the other designers confronting this same issue

Agree. it won't happen to has a united body, except LL want to do it like marketplace. But there is no point for them to that. It never liked MP can generate profit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mollymews said:

ah! ok.  Best not to raise it again with her then

I do have some sympathy for her, about wishing there was a unified mesh body system. It isn't going to happen but still some sympathy for her and all the other designers confronting this same issue

It's never going to happen, there is always going to be someone who feels they can gain by fragmenting the market even further.

Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 201 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...