Jump to content
Windywinters

TMP Legacy mesh body

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I already love the bodies. The Legacy has nice boobs, tho I find the hips/saddlebags a bit too maitryalike in the way that they don't form so nice with high fat shapes like the belleza does.

The classic comes with a nice skin too.. really getting the classic is just as good as the legacy if you can upgrade for 2.5k, nvm only has feet deformers..

I don't see it as an investment for the rest of my SL but rather to enjoy playing with something for a while. The quality is just amazing, I love the shapes, the skin qualities and the experience.

I am waiting for a few high quality clothes now, altho the maitreya clothes work really good with the deformers! Maybe a couple good skinstores will make some appliers or even better, new tmp heads! 

It really doesn't take a whole of all of SL designers to support a brand, can have a lot of fun with just a few things.

Edited by Paula001 Goldschein
Typos :/
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope so, 3 party will support it soon. But on fact of their history with other designer and they have "DEFORMER" now. Other designer may be cross-arm do nothing. As they use DEFORMER to take advantage of other effort contributed to other mesh body. Their TMP agreement is also not too friendly through. 

Anyway, price is not really that much comparing to real life,  just another shinny toy.

It is really boring for no  innovative idea on mesh body over years. How about the shin, forearm, the proportion length legs and arms? How about the change the thickness of shoulder only.  You can see the Blackdesert Online MMO, they also gave player to change that over 2 years.

May be just this boring make TMP Legacy (old wine in new bottle) still catching our attention.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Eva Knoller said:

@Paula001 GoldscheinDo you mind posting a photo of the body using the deformer feature? I’m curious what it looks like. Another poster up thread was not impressed with it.

Is that change the original shape to the limit of other mesh clothes, like 36 inches breast become 33? 36 inches width shoulder become 33 inches? So what is the purpose of creating a shape for TMP Legacy, except we are a naturist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ruslana Koskinen said:

Is that change the original shape to the limit of other mesh clothes, like 36 inches breast become 33? 36 inches width shoulder become 33 inches? So what is the purpose of creating a shape for TMP Legacy, except we are a naturist.

I think that is the idea, but your guess is as good as mine. Apparently Maitreya clothes will fit when using it. I just want to see it in action, since apparently you can’t demo the feature.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Paula001 Goldschein said:

Hi, yes, I shall post a few pictures tonight! I'll try to make a comparison naked/with clothes to see what the shape does, oh fun! 😊

You might want to make a Flickr for that.. Cant post nudes here..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eva Knoller said:

@Paula001 GoldscheinDo you mind posting a photo of the body using the deformer feature? I’m curious what it looks like. Another poster up thread was not impressed with it.

I think people are more angry at the fact, that they themselves can't try one of the key features of the body. Which is the deformer themselves, as it's not part of the demo. And I for one would love to try before I buy completely. So I see why they are the way they are. If you have to just splurge 5k, just to try a feature out. Then yeah I would be angry too, not only did I screw myself out of 5k, now I have something I don't want.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

I think people are more angry at the fact, that they themselves can't try one of the key features of the body. Which is the deformer themselves, as it's not part of the demo. And I for one would love to try before I buy completely. So I see why they are the way they are. If you have to just splurge 5k, just to try a feature out. Then yeah I would be angry too, not only did I screw myself out of 5k, now I have something I don't want.

I totally agree with you. My wish is for someone, anyone, to post a photo of the body utilizing the deformer feature. 

Anyone? Bueller...Bueller 

NM, I see that Paula has offered to take pics. Thanks Paula!

Edited by Eva Knoller
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Eva Knoller said:

I totally agree with you. My wish is for someone, anyone, to post a photo of the body utilizing the deformer feature. 

Anyone? Bueller...Bueller 

NM, I see that Paula has offered to take pics. Thanks Paula!

I would just love to see it for myself, on my avatar, using the demo avatar. So I can gauge if it is great or not. That is all I am asking. If you want people to buy your product, make sure you have all the features in the demo folder. If one can't test one thing and has to blindly trust the company's word.  That would mean, I would have bought many things by now. I don't purchase things, on blind trust. Unless I can test out the product, with all features included myself, then I am not buying it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Eva Knoller said:

I think that is the idea, but your guess is as good as mine. Apparently Maitreya clothes will fit when using it. I just want to see it in action, since apparently you can’t demo the feature.

Just remember this movie 🙂 

220px-Nutty_professor_ver1.jpg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ruslana Koskinen said:

Body skin and head skin match will be a problem. 

 

Agreed. That is one good reason why this body should have Omega support. Having that would have alleviated the direct support this body now requires.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, halebore Aeon said:

I would just love to see it for myself, on my avatar, using the demo avatar. So I can gauge if it is great or not. That is all I am asking. If you want people to buy your product, make sure you have all the features in the demo folder. If one can't test one thing and has to blindly trust the company's word.  That would mean, I would have bought many things by now. I don't purchase things, on blind trust. Unless I can test out the product, with all features included myself, then I am not buying it.

 

yeah it is annoying they don't include the deformer in the demo cause if might work on someone's avi perfectly, but might not work on another.  A lot of times it depends on your shape and the clothing.  It is the same with some creators who don't include the HUD with their demo heads.  No way to test it out to see how it will work for you.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, karynmaria said:

 

yeah it is annoying they don't include the deformer in the demo cause if might work on someone's avi perfectly, but might not work on another.  A lot of times it depends on your shape and the clothing.  It is the same with some creators who don't include the HUD with their demo heads.  No way to test it out to see how it will work for you.

 

Yes, it is specially critical important for Legacy demo, as there will not have any clothes available to it, if anything is incorrect with their description.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ruslana Koskinen said:

Yes, it is specially critical important for Legacy demo, as there will not have any clothes available to it, if anything is incorrect with their description.

Thank you, that and I would like to be able to bring a demo home with me. So I can mess around with the body, and see if there is anything I like and don't like. Nothing bugs me, more than TMP and you having to test out their body in store. I just think those are the two big things, along with the price, that has me saying no to the body. Had it been competitively cheaper, without undercutting the other companies, and you could go home, and try out the demo, with every feature in it. Then maybe yeah, I would consider buying it. But due to none of that criterion being met and no support, even with omega.  They won't be getting any of my money.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, karynmaria said:

 

yeah it is annoying they don't include the deformer in the demo cause if might work on someone's avi perfectly, but might not work on another.  A lot of times it depends on your shape and the clothing.  It is the same with some creators who don't include the HUD with their demo heads.  No way to test it out to see how it will work for you.

 

I can tell you that my slimmer shape did not have very good results with the deformer. In fact, it was the opposite. I struggled to fit anything rigged for Maitreya with that shape. Unfortunately, due to the fact that the deformer is not included with the demo, most people will never realize what will fit or not fit until its too late. I suspect that the creators did not want people to have the option to test the deformer because of how spotty the results are. Instead, they'd rather you take their word for it and given their track record that might be hard for some to do.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chase01 said:

I can tell you that my slimmer shape did not have very good results with the deformer. In fact, it was the opposite. I struggled to fit anything rigged for Maitreya with that shape. Unfortunately, due to the fact that the deformer is not included with the demo, most people will never realize what will fit or not fit until its too late. I suspect that the creators did not want people to have the option to test the deformer because of how spotty the results are. Instead, they'd rather you take their word for it and given their track record that might be hard for some to do.

They play caveat emptor !! I scroll up my sleeves and go with you to ask a money back by their misrepresentation >:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/25/2019 at 6:45 PM, SueWorthly said:

To be fair, they gave a free bento hands update a month ago or so, if you had the old "deluxe" body. However, it's likely it's no longer available now: you had to use their shop HUD for a redelivery to get the bento hands, but the old shop HUD no longer works, since it has been replaced by the experience keys.

Besides the bosom and the shape, TMP has fitmesh feet that you can resize, unlike almost everyone else. So if they started to sold the updated old body at a low and competitive price, maybe it would have been interesting to someone. But if you have the old deluxe body and you have to spend further 2500 for this update, it's more likely you will spend the same amount to definitively switch to Maitreya.

As for the new body, oddly called "Legacy", it has some refinement (yup, even "below"), but as it is, it's not even compatible with the old TMP body clothing. I don't know what the deformer would do, though. Also while the HUD has been improved, the text is quite small and almost unreadable on laptop screens and in some place it's even white on a silver background, which doesn't help. The styles part requires the Media on a prim now (which has pros and cons...)  it looks like it's still server side.

They surely worked quite a bit on all this, but they can't ignore the competition, especially when they don't have a great reputation already, and at those prices I'm not sure what sales they would expect.

The old TMP bento is defective on tattoo layer, the tattoo layer has glitch which skin layer shinning from behind. I checked with that yesterday and has no fixed update. I really doubt there will be a day the fixed come out. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ruslana Koskinen said:

But if you have the old deluxe body and you have to spend further 2500 for this update, it's more likely you will spend the same amount to definitively switch to Maitreya. 

I think most people already switched years ago (myself included). The original body was in BETA for something like 5-6 years! During that time, communication was nearly non-existent and there were 1 (maybe 2) updates during that timeframe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Chase01 said:

I think most people already switched years ago (myself included). The original body was in BETA for something like 5-6 years! During that time, communication was nearly non-existent and there were 1 (maybe 2) updates during that timeframe.

Do you mean as in Switched bodies? Just want to clear it up, before I write something and look totally stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

Do you mean as in Switched bodies? Just want to clear it up, before I write something and look totally stupid.

Yea, most of us that had TMP already moved on to other bodies (i.e. Maitreya, SLINK, Belleza, etc) and this is clearly reflected in polling done at the time. TMP was my second body (1st was SLINK Physique) and even though I preferred the look of Belleza's body over Maitreya I was afraid of being in the same position as I was with TMP and that was not finding enough content rigged for it.  I waited for roughly 6-months or so after the public release of the dev kit (and this was a long time after the body had been released) before moving on to Maitreya. By that time, it was still extremely rare to find something rigged for TMP from a top tier creator.
 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi ♥  @Eva Knoller

@Ruslana Koskinen

@Drake1 Nightfire

Drake, Flickr is a good idea thank you! 

.. so 3 min short video on flickr showing the deformer in action on flickr here :)

I added also just a picture, both are set to moderate so I think you need to be logged in to see ♥

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mellowshapes/

full vid on youtube with feet deformer here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qB81kRYixtk

 

Edited by Paula001 Goldschein
complete edit lol sorry, quality on youtube kicked in yay :)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So it does change the shape of the mesh body.. What a pointless thing. You spend all that time making yourself look how you want and the deformer changes it so you can wear other mesh clothing.. The body completely changes with each deformer. Whats the point of making a shape?

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

So it does change the shape of the mesh body.. What a pointless thing. You spend all that time making yourself look how you want and the deformer changes it so you can wear other mesh clothing.. The body completely changes with each deformer. Whats the point of making a shape?

I completely agree. It may be better to make a Maitreya shape with Maitreya body when wearing Maitreya fitted clothes on Legacy body with Maitreya Deformer.  Does it sound complicated and pointless.

Edited by Ruslana Koskinen
update
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Chase01 said:

Yea, most of us that had TMP already moved on to other bodies (i.e. Maitreya, SLINK, Belleza, etc) and this is clearly reflected in polling done at the time. TMP was my second body (1st was SLINK Physique) and even though I preferred the look of Belleza's body over Maitreya I was afraid of being in the same position as I was with TMP and that was not finding enough content rigged for it.  I waited for roughly 6-months or so after the public release of the dev kit (and this was a long time after the body had been released) before moving on to Maitreya. By that time, it was still extremely rare to find something rigged for TMP from a top tier creator.
 

My first body was actually the SLink Male Physique body, then I switched to TMP. But this was at the time I identified as a male, then after 4 to 5 months, I switched to Signature. Now I identify as a Female, and I jump between Isis and Lara, as I love those bodies. But yeah I don't think many top tier companies will support the new TMP body. Whether it be Appliers or Clothes. Especially with how they want you to give you all your personal info to them, just to get a Mesh Dev Kit. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...