TMP Legacy mesh body

Windywinters

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 742 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

After how they shut down the first time, and still have no support, I'm not sure why anyone would trust to spend 5000 Linden with this company.  Their reputation is not the best because of that. They would have to offer something truly amazing, at that price point, and epic support before people would trust them with their money again. They would have to show that their servers won't go down, they have 24/7 support, and that they fix issues in a timely manner. That you can only demo while in their store is a big negative for me. That is why I did not buy a Genus head earlier because I  could only demo it in their store. once they changed that, I was able to get the demo, take it to my home try it there and then I went back and bought the head.

Edited by Catrie
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, Catrie said:

They would have to offer something truly amazing, at that price point

Or you know...just a finished product that is not tied to any server thus will work forever even once they walk away again. Then its a lot less likely support would be needed.

Still though, I agree 100% with you.

• Like 3

On 4/26/2019 at 9:54 AM, Syn Anatine said:

Or you know...just a finished product that is not tied to any server thus will work forever even once they walk away again. Then its a lot less likely support would be needed.

Still though, I agree 100% with you.

Yes please, at least with the other bodies. They had a finished product, and had some support and were integrated into the Omega system. That and you don't have to worry about Maitreya shutting their doors, and the body is useless. Look there is nothing that body can really offer, that the other bodies. Which are complete, might I add. That they offer. They all have omega compatibility, they have tonnes of support from creators. Not just give an incomplete body, with a deformer. Which is not even in the demo folder. Basically, you are paying 5k, for the deformer, and that is it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, halebore Aeon said:

Yes please, at least with the other bodies. They had a finished product, and had some support and were integrated into the Omega system. That and you don't have to worry about Maitreya shutting their doors, and the body is useless. Look there is nothing that body can really offer, that the other bodies. Which are complete, might I add. That they offer. They all have omega compatibility, they have tonnes of support from creators. Not just give an incomplete body, with a deformer. Which is not even in the demo folder. Basically, you are paying 5k, for the deformer, and that is it.

Please TMP prove that deformer is exist and work with their demo first. I am sick of their business model, their sim design. It look like to create some illusion of some rosy perfect product to customers.

• Like 2

Just now, Ruslana Koskinen said:

Please TMP prove that deformer is exist and work with their demo first. I am sick of their business model, their sim design. It look like to create some illusion of some rosy perfect product to customers.

..then don’t give them your L$?

The mesh is decent, but still inferior to Belleza Freya. The """""universal fitting""""" system is utterly crap. The most impressive thing about the body are the skins that come with it (imo) and a few details on the mesh itself.

I admittedly bough it out of excitement, I should've waited more. They still have the same bad applier system that's hosted by them and still probably not going to have omega support. Apparently they are also requiring RL information from creators to share their dev kit and saying they have a partnership with Adobe (which doesn't seem to be true).

I'm sad I invested on it because I think it'll fade into oblivion soon enough.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Sylvannas Zulaman said:

The most impressive thing about the body are the skins that come with it (imo) and a few details on the mesh itself.

But even with that, I can find some pretty impressive skin designers. With the same amount or even more detail, in their skins. I am not bashing you, I am just pointing out that I have seen some pretty good skin creators in SL, with superb attention to detail.

46 minutes ago, Sylvannas Zulaman said:

I admittedly bough it out of excitement, I should've waited more.

I think most people did, and are probably regretting the 5k investment they put into it.

47 minutes ago, Sylvannas Zulaman said:

They still have the same bad applier system that's hosted by them and still probably not going to have omega support.

I kinda figured it would be like that, I am not really surprised. As I had said before, once the company shuts down for good. That body will be as useless as a bricked computer. But at least with a bricked computer, you can replace the parts, and get it working.

48 minutes ago, Sylvannas Zulaman said:

Apparently they are also requiring RL information from creators to share their dev kit and saying they have a partnership with Adobe (which doesn't seem to be true).

I actually read that on FB, and when I went to their site, to see the requirements. Right now, the only thing you can apply for is the dev kit. But you must have a business license, with Adobe to even get it. That and I am very weary, why would I connect my Adobe account, with all my personal info, with a mesh body company, in a virtual world.

Other than that, sadly I don't see this body really going that far. It will be like last time, they will hype people up and get them excited. Then like a fart in the wind, they will disappear. Only showing themselves, in the next 3 years. With their new and improved, amazing body. Essentially, the cycle will repeat itself.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, halebore Aeon said:

Then like a fart in the wind, they will disappear. Only showing themselves, in the next 3 years. With their new and improved, amazing body. Essentially, the cycle will repeat itself.

Yup, they just won't 'frig off' will they?! Kind of like virtual athletes foot 😡  Some people just seem to keep falling for the same scams over and over, forgetting the past and paying through the nose for *****e because it's wrapped in a pretty box!

• Like 2

On 4/26/2019 at 12:52 AM, janetosilio said:

Sure it is. I wear a Belleza Freya. 

The point was, the TMP creator is free to set the price at whatever they want, but....I’m not seeing a reason too many people would want a 5000 L body when there already are comparable bodies to Maitreya price wise. 

The unique claim to the body seems to be it has a deformer so that you can wear....Maitreya? Uhhh....why not just buy a Maitreya?

5000 L to wear a body that deforms to a Maitreya body just to be different just doesn’t make sense to me.

I don’t know, if you want to be different. It just seems to me there are cheaper more supported ways to do it.

They might want to rethink the price point and that’s not even getting into the style hud thing. I’m just saying.

Wait!!  They said in the note that "To wear your existing closet, please use the 'Fit Deformer' attachments, only included with your final purchase. Fit Deformers will shrink your body to fit your clothes. They are not available with the demo, and your existing closet will likely not fit without them, but they will when you use the 'Fit Deformer' attachments. :)"

What is the meaning of this "your existing closet"?  Does it including Maitreya, Belleza, Slink , etc? Or it is only meaning "your existing 'TMP' closet". So we have to pay 2500 or 5000 for wearing our existing TMP clothes?

If they are so mighty can wear other mesh body's clothes, there is another question. If you body will fit to the clothes, then it is the clothes define your shape. and that equal to the shape of that particular clothes fitted mesh body to control your Legacy body shape?

Is this not quite logical?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Moore Jun said:

Wait!!  They said in the note that "To wear your existing closet, please use the 'Fit Deformer' attachments, only included with your final purchase. Fit Deformers will shrink your body to fit your clothes. They are not available with the demo, and your existing closet will likely not fit without them, but they will when you use the 'Fit Deformer' attachments. :)"

What is the meaning of this "your existing closet"?  Does it including Maitreya, Belleza, Slink , etc? Or it is only meaning "your existing 'TMP' closet". So we have to pay 2500 or 5000 for wearing our existing TMP clothes?

If they are so mighty can wear other mesh body's clothes, there is another question. If you body will fit to the clothes, then it is the clothes define your shape. and that equal to the shape of that particular clothes fitted mesh body to control your Legacy body shape?

Is this not quite logical?

Yes, it includes the clothes you already own. Look most clothes these days are rigged to a specific mesh body, so what is happening, is the deformer is essentially mimicking the basic shape of say Maitreya.  But why would you buy it, when you already have the body for those specific clothes. No, the logical thing is, not waste 5k on a body,  just cause it's new. You already own a body that is quite capable of wearing your clothes, and they were built to fit. 

• Like 1

On 4/25/2019 at 5:52 PM, janetosilio said:

The unique claim to the body seems to be it has a deformer so that you can wear....Maitreya? Uhhh....why not just buy a Maitreya?

5000 L to wear a body that deforms to a Maitreya body just to be different just doesn’t make sense to me.

Only a fool would fork out L$5k on a body that deforms to a Maitreya fit. If you wear one of the Slink, Belleza, eBody, Tonic bodies etc. and you want to wear Maitreya stuff for a small outlay of approx L$30 there's the Sahara body while it might not be the most user friendly body around and not Omega applier compatible (at least not the version an alt uses) it is fully Maitreya compatible 

Alright everyone, say what you will about me, but after I demo'd the new TMP body, I gladly bought it. Little backstory about me - I do RP and play SL to have a 3D version of my OC, who has a very specific body shape. Slink Hourglass became my body of choice because it allowed me to have almost the right shape... almost. I was not aware of the reputation issues with TMP, I don't know a lot about community issues, honestly, I just knew TMP was a mesh body creator. A friend told me they released a new body, I demo'd it, and lo and behold, I find this body gives me the exact, perfect shape for my OC. Once again, I gladly bought TMP Legacy.

Being used to how Slink's HUD works, the TMP HUDs are a bit scary to me, as I have no real idea what I'm doing. I'm hoping for at least Omega support in the future so I can wear previously purchased appliers, or at least for the TMP appliers that came bundled in to be updated for use with the new HUD. (Or I might just not have my TMP appliers installed correctly on my HUD? This is a whole other can of worms that I'd be fine leaving alone for now.) As for the deformers - they are FANTASTIC. I love them, and literally the only reason I have not begun to switch all my outfits over from Slink Hourglass to TMP Legacy is because I need to get a skin that will match the body for my Catwa head (sorta haven't done this out of laziness/forgetfulness.) The body comes with a wide range of skin colors and there are even neck blenders to help you blend the body skin with your head skin. (My problem with this is simply the way the shadowing under my jawline on my head skin is, so I need a new skin.)

To address anyone who will come at me with "well why didn't you just buy X body instead of TMP Legacy and using deformers?" Once again, this body has given me the chance to finally have the perfect shape for my OC in SL. No other body has been able to do this for me. Hell, this body might give Slink Hourglass a run for its money if TMP gets support. (Catch me drooling over the perfect waistline on TMP.. lol) But, these deformers work quite well, I'm able to wear mesh clothing fitted for Belleza, Slink, and Maitreya. Some of the clothes I regret buying (because there were no fits for Slink Hourglass... I was a foolish noob) now work for me because of this. Or some clothing that was simply not given a fit for the body I have been using now work. I think it's a huge boon. The TMP Legacy body returns to normal once the deformers are detached. The mesh clothing is unharmed.

The bento feet have me VERY excited, resize-able shoes was a thing that had me feeling fine with the SL system body for the longest time. It's just one more way people will be able to customize their shape. Seeing this finally done by someone is really interesting, I think. None of the big-name creators have even done this.

I'll admit, now that I've read through this thread and seen that apparently TMP has a less-than-stellar reputation on SL, it makes me slightly nervous. But I'm going to be optimistic for once in my life, and, given the fact I have no previous experience with TMP, I'm willing to give them a chance. You're entitled to whatever opinion you have of me after reading all this. You're entitled to whatever opinion you have of TMP. Personally though, I'm still excited, and hoping all this goes well.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, rtd144 said:

Alright everyone, say what you will about me, but after I demo'd the new TMP body, I gladly bought it. Little backstory about me - I do RP and play SL to have a 3D version of my OC, who has a very specific body shape. Slink Hourglass became my body of choice because it allowed me to have almost the right shape... almost. I was not aware of the reputation issues with TMP, I don't know a lot about community issues, honestly, I just knew TMP was a mesh body creator. A friend told me they released a new body, I demo'd it, and lo and behold, I find this body gives me the exact, perfect shape for my OC. Once again, I gladly bought TMP Legacy.

Being used to how Slink's HUD works, the TMP HUDs are a bit scary to me, as I have no real idea what I'm doing. I'm hoping for at least Omega support in the future so I can wear previously purchased appliers, or at least for the TMP appliers that came bundled in to be updated for use with the new HUD. (Or I might just not have my TMP appliers installed correctly on my HUD? This is a whole other can of worms that I'd be fine leaving alone for now.) As for the deformers - they are FANTASTIC. I love them, and literally the only reason I have not begun to switch all my outfits over from Slink Hourglass to TMP Legacy is because I need to get a skin that will match the body for my Catwa head (sorta haven't done this out of laziness/forgetfulness.) The body comes with a wide range of skin colors and there are even neck blenders to help you blend the body skin with your head skin. (My problem with this is simply the way the shadowing under my jawline on my head skin is, so I need a new skin.)

To address anyone who will come at me with "well why didn't you just buy X body instead of TMP Legacy and using deformers?" Once again, this body has given me the chance to finally have the perfect shape for my OC in SL. No other body has been able to do this for me. Hell, this body might give Slink Hourglass a run for its money if TMP gets support. (Catch me drooling over the perfect waistline on TMP.. lol) But, these deformers work quite well, I'm able to wear mesh clothing fitted for Belleza, Slink, and Maitreya. Some of the clothes I regret buying (because there were no fits for Slink Hourglass... I was a foolish noob) now work for me because of this. Or some clothing that was simply not given a fit for the body I have been using now work. I think it's a huge boon. The TMP Legacy body returns to normal once the deformers are detached. The mesh clothing is unharmed.

The bento feet have me VERY excited, resize-able shoes was a thing that had me feeling fine with the SL system body for the longest time. It's just one more way people will be able to customize their shape. Seeing this finally done by someone is really interesting, I think. None of the big-name creators have even done this.

I'll admit, now that I've read through this thread and seen that apparently TMP has a less-than-stellar reputation on SL, it makes me slightly nervous. But I'm going to be optimistic for once in my life, and, given the fact I have no previous experience with TMP, I'm willing to give them a chance. You're entitled to whatever opinion you have of me after reading all this. You're entitled to whatever opinion you have of TMP. Personally though, I'm still excited, and hoping all this goes well.

can you show a pic how your avi looks with TMP?)

1 hour ago, rtd144 said:

Well, the thing is that this is an entirely new product. The new TMP body is not a side-grade or an upgrade, it's entirely new. This also means anything created for the original body, including items created by third-parties, may or may not (in this case: more likely not) work with the new product. Because it is new, and the way TMP's business practice works (everything is locked-down very tight) - it is unlikely Omega support will be forthcoming soon (my presumption, nothing official on that) and you will have to rely on TMP-produced add-ons, including clothing, unless those creators whom have created for TMP in the past decide to update or otherswise add the new body to their creation workflow.

I imagine for them, the third-party creators, it would be a lot like adding an entirely new, different brand to their workload. So the question becomes: are they willing to do that? Only time will tell.

I believe it is a quality product. Though I also believe the reason for much of the "downer" comments about it is that with the very high price of this new body and the utter lack of any add-ons (including clothing) is why many feel it is a losing propesition for this new body and purchasers of it, going forward. I believe you will be able to dress it up with add-ons that are mere generically-designed, such as "standard-sizes" mesh and so on, but you'll likely have to use those alpha slices on your HUD a lot.

I genuinely and wholeheartedly congratulate you on your purchase and sincerely wish you the best of luck in making it work for you. You can and will, it will just be a little more of a challenge, that's all.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rtd144 said:

Buying any body is really a personal choice and I certainly don't have any negativity towards anyone that purchases the new TMP one.  I even demo'd it myself and it is still my favorite body out of all of them.  Being able to have the option to change the size of my feet is a big plus.  TMP is not for everyone, but there is still people out there that still like this body and would get the new one.

As another poster stated I hope you enjoy your new purchase!

• Like 1

I am not trying to bash anyone with the TMP body. However, this is what I have noticed, both in SL and RL. When something shiny and new comes out, they drop the thing they have maybe had for a bit, and basically, say the thing is better. Whether or not, it has any sort of support or not, whether it is riddled with bugs day 1. I can give you many examples, both SL and RL. when fitted mesh came out in 2014, everyone updated their viewers day 1 and got the fitted mesh breasts. When Windows 10 came out, a lot of people updated their OS's, not knowing that there was any support software wise. So they had to put the operating system in Windows 8 compatibility mode. When the new iPhones came out, people had to go out and spend their money. Yet, the bugs on it were absolutely horrible. Than when Nvidia announced their new RTX series of graphics cards, people flocked and needed to get them. It has nothing to do with the product being better, it has everything to do with the product being shiny and new. TMP has no support whatsoever, and people flocked to the sim to buy one. It's your money spend it how you want, but to me, people just want brand new. And never really look into it, before buying it.

• Like 3

On 4/29/2019 at 9:32 AM, rtd144 said:

Hell, this body might give Slink Hourglass a run for its money if TMP gets support. 

That's where this body will fail. As I've said before, I think most people could overlook some of the nuances of the body and HUD but when it came down to it, product support was abysmal and I suspect this time around will be no different.

The lack of OMEGA support is just plain stupid and for a lot of reasons.

• Like 2

Body skin and head skin match will be  a problem.  Quite sure there will have not any 3 party skin designer support it so soon. Furthermore, no matter how beautiful the original body skin, any third party applier will over write it.  So the most important to purchase a mesh body is to any 3 third party designer's support on clothes and skin.  Deformer so far is their compromising (together to give your original shape on wearing clothes).  But TMP shop always wanna get all. So I think TMP will release bento head soon. They have plan it can only use their head for skin not matching issue. They will play the same strategy for head as well.

1 hour ago, Chase01 said:

That's where this body will fail. As I've said before, I think most people could overlook some of the nuances of the body and HUD but when it came down to it, product support was abysmal and I suspect this time around will be no different.

The lack of OMEGA support is just plain stupid and for a lot of reasons.

I don't like Legacy base shape on waist. It look the same as HG. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 742 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.